Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:35 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:12 pm

We weren't talking about Illinois - but feel free....
You were making up lies about snake handling in Oklahoma churches and fucking children.

Only about the snakes - and I admit that children being molested by preachers is a nationwide issue, not just Oklahoma
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:35 pm

You were making up lies about snake handling in Oklahoma churches and fucking children.

Only about the snakes - and I admit that children being molested by preachers is a nationwide issue, not just Oklahoma
People abusing children is pretty much present in any and every organization that includes children. It's a sad human reality. It's just that much more pernicious and appalling when it happens in religious settings. But absent religion it would still go on.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:17 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:59 pm

People abusing children is pretty much present in any and every organization that includes children. It's a sad human reality. It's just that much more pernicious and appalling when it happens in religious settings. But absent religion it would still go on.
True. But they do have some that roll on the floor and speak in tongues.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

In 2023, California topped U-Haul’s list for having the largest net outbound movers for the fourth consecutive year.

“Texas has consistently attracted the highest count of movers, and Florida is also a popular choice.

The exodus from California is attributed to factors such as increasing regulations, high taxes, and a perceived leftward shift in the state’s politics.”
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:47 am In 2023, California topped U-Haul’s list for having the largest net outbound movers for the fourth consecutive year.

“Texas has consistently attracted the highest count of movers, and Florida is also a popular choice.

The exodus from California is attributed to factors such as increasing regulations, high taxes, and a perceived leftward shift in the state’s politics.”
The State with the biggest population by far, has the most people moving out. Most of them to the next two most populous States. Stop the presses. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:03 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:47 am In 2023, California topped U-Haul’s list for having the largest net outbound movers for the fourth consecutive year.

The State with the biggest population by far, has the most people moving out. Most of them to the next two most populous States. Stop the presses. :coffee:
:dunce: :lol: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:26 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:03 am

:dunce: :lol: :rofl:
most of them are just going back where they came from before they followed the work to CA
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Antoni's comments come after a study by United Van Lines found that New Jersey once again took the top spot as the most moved-from state in 2023, the sixth consecutive year the state reached the grim milestone. According to the study, 65% of total moves happening in New Jersey in 2023 were out of the state, a number that bested second place Illinois by nearly four percentage points.”

New Jersey… I’ve never understood the allure of that place. Illinois? Yuck

People continue to flee these blue states
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:03 pm “Antoni's comments come after a study by United Van Lines found that New Jersey once again took the top spot as the most moved-from state in 2023, the sixth consecutive year the state reached the grim milestone. According to the study, 65% of total moves happening in New Jersey in 2023 were out of the state, a number that bested second place Illinois by nearly four percentage points.”

New Jersey… I’ve never understood the allure of that place. Illinois? Yuck

People continue to flee these blue states
You say that like its a bad thing but I'm happy to see them go, more room for me. :thumb:

There's some great stuff in Illinois if you know where to look (as far south as possible) and you can enjoy a very nice standard of living at a very reasonable cost. Bought 25 acres with house barn and swimming pool, granted none of them in great condition, for $87K, with 40 acre parcels to either side and 90 acres behind us, plenty of room, plenty of privacy. Real estate taxes? $2200/yr. :coffee:

And located at the exact spot where the paths of two total solar eclipses cross, one back in 2017, one this coming April 8 - to which I extend an invitation to all who read this - free camping, bonfires, live music, and carnitas. Right at the peak of morel season too if you like mushrooms. We gonna cut a fat hog!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

We all gonna move to Texas we're just waitin on you, Coleman...

Guess who covers all those tax breaks for bidniz in Texas? Property owners - you'll want to do a little research before you move there. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:19 am

Guess who covers all those tax breaks for bidniz in Texas? Property owners - you'll want to do a little research before you move there. :coffee:
Texas is not part of my Bermuda Triangle
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:53 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:19 am

you spend a lot of time hyping it so I assumed you'd been there, which I shouldn't have because if you had you'd be singing a different tune
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:02 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:53 am

you spend a lot of time hyping it so I assumed you'd been there, which I shouldn't have because if you had you'd be singing a different tune
Nope, never been and have no desire to go really and besides, I’ve already been everywhere
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:09 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:02 am

Nope, never been and have no desire to go really and besides, I’ve already been everywhere
You haven't been to Texas. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:18 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:09 am

That comment was inspired by the great Yogi Berra

Well, once I had to change planes in Houston but I don’t count that as being there
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:24 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:18 am

That comment was inspired by the great Yogi Berra

Well, once I had to change planes in Houston but I don’t count that as being there
You're missing out. While Texas itself ain't much to look at, Texans can be a lot of fun. They just have this passive-aggresive thing about electing the worst stereotypes they can find.