Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:26 pm One of the people involved in the mass shooting in downtown Sac.
Smiley Allen Martin, the second man arrested in the wake of Sunday’s mass shooting in Sacramento that killed six, has a criminal record stretching to 2013 and last year was the subject of a plea by Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert’s office that he not win early release from prison, where he was serving a 10-year sentence for domestic violence and assault with great bodily injury. Despite a two-page letter to the Board of Parole Hearings urging that Martin remain in custody, he won his release and was in Sacramento on Saturday night recording himself on a Facebook Live video brandishing a handgun hours before the shooting.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime ... rylink=cpy

Progressives want this shit to happen. The Left owns this kind of shit.
Some of them I'm sure are very fine people. :coffee:

Your histronics really aren't necessary :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:26 pm One of the people involved in the mass shooting in downtown Sac.

Progressives want this shit to happen. The Left owns this kind of shit.

Responding to 3+ month old posts. Do try to keep up. :dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:16 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 pm

Responding to 3+ month old posts. Do try to keep up. :dunce:
you in a hurry bro?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

10 Biggest Adjustments Fleeing Californians Have To Make In Their New States. Fleeing ANY liberal state.
Jul 21, 2022 - BabylonBee.com
Article Image
LIFE
Hundreds of thousands of people are fleeing California for states like Texas and Florida, but it's not always easy to adjust to life in an American state.

Let's look at the 10 biggest adjustments fleeing Californians have to make in their new states:

Strange wet stuff falls from the sky once in a while. Try not to drive your car into a pole when this happens. Take a deep breath. You will get through it.
People don't say "The" in front of highway names. If you're driving on I-10 in Texas, you'll feel the urge to say "The 10," but don't do it. It's wrong.
You can't wear flip-flops to church. Not even your "nice" Vans flip-flops. Put on shoes like an adult.
There's no need to call the police if you see someone with a gun strapped to their hip. It's OK. The guns can't jump out and hurt you, no matter what Newsom told you back in California.
"Bless your heart" doesn't mean "bless your heart." Well, it might mean "bless your heart," but it's a safer bet that it means "that person's weird," or "you're an idiot," or "I don't like you." Or, it's a simple ending to a statement you've made about someone that you don't want to feel bad about.
No one cares about your preferred pronouns. Go ahead and tell an old farmer in Oklahoma that you go by "they" pronouns. The look on his face will be worth it.
Man-buns are unacceptable in a professional setting. Or any setting.
You have to go into buildings without any kind of official warning that something inside there might cause cancer. You will just have to take the chance. Be strong.
The weather cycles from hot to cold and back again on an annual basis. Do not be alarmed. These are called "seasons."
You might have to make your own choices and take responsibility for your actions without the government taking care of you. This is the most difficult adjustment for Californians to make when they move to America, but with time, prayer (also acceptable in red states), and willpower, you can do it!
Those are just a few of the many adjustments ex-Californians will have to make. If you've thought of any others, please leave them in the comments below to help these poor communists to enjoy capitalism away from their homeland.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

San Francisco committee establish by their board of supervisors recommends 5 million in reparations to each black eligible resident.
To be initially eligible, applicants must be 18 and show they have identified as black or African American on public documents for at least 10 years.

They must also prove that they meet two out of eight additional standards — including being born in or having migrated to San Francisco between 1940 and 1996, and having proof of residency for at least 13 years, being personally or a direct descendant of someone jailed in the “failed War on Drugs,” or being a descendant of someone enslaved before 1865...

...The plan also calls on the city to supplement lower-income recipients’ income to reflect the Area Median Income (AMI), about $97,000, annually for at least 250 years....

The committee will make its recommendations to the city in June, and Board of Supervisors President Aaron Peskin told the San Francisco Chronicle he hopes they will be approved...

The report does not include any estimates on the overall cost of the reparations...

They should tell all the white and Asian err 'white adjacent' folks in San Fran that their taxes are going to be doubled for like the next decade to pay for reparations for the black folks in San Fran..

The proposal could cost the city, which has a 2022-2023 budget of $14 billion, roughly $50 billion, the Daily Mail reported....

But San Francisco is already reeling from a lower-than-expected property tax intake because of the coronavirus pandemic and Mayor London Breed’s office is predicting a budget shortfall of roughly $728 million over the next two years, the Real Deal reported.
https://nypost.com/2023/01/16/sf-repara ... residents/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-fr ... orgiveness

Lawl, good luck trying to implement that.. :lol: California & Democrats... :rofl:

5 million BTW, according to an online net worth calculator, would put someone in the top 3% in the US.
5 million liquid assets would have to be in the top tiny fraction of 1%...

To all white and Asian err I mean 'white adjacent' people in San Francisco: Get ready to have your taxes doubled or tripled to pay for reparations for your black neighbors that you have oppressed..
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:28 am Not just unique to CA, but let’s keep electing dinosaurs. 88 yrs old, already losing it, and she’s got 2 1/2 more years to go. She’ll be 91 she somehow serves out her term. And this is from a liberal paper..
Colleagues worry Dianne Feinstein is now mentally unfit to serve, citing recent interactions

WASHINGTON — When a California Democrat in Congress recently engaged in an extended conversation with Sen. Dianne Feinstein, they prepared for a rigorous policy discussion like those they’d had with her many times over the last 15 years.

Instead, the lawmaker said, they had to reintroduce themselves to Feinstein multiple times during an interaction that lasted several hours.

Rather than delve into policy, Feinstein, 88, repeated the same small-talk questions, like asking the lawmaker what mattered to voters in their district, the member of Congress said, with no apparent recognition the two had already had a similar conversation.

The episode was so unnerving that the lawmaker — who spoke to The Chronicle on condition they not be identified because of the sensitivity of the topic — began raising concerns with colleagues to see if some kind of intervention to persuade Feinstein to retire was possible. Feinstein’s term runs through the end of 2024. The conversation occurred several weeks before the death of her husband in February.

“I have worked with her for a long time and long enough to know what she was like just a few years ago: always in command, always in charge, on top of the details, basically couldn’t resist a conversation where she was driving some bill or some idea. All of that is gone,” the lawmaker said. “She was an intellectual and political force not that long ago, and that’s why my encounter with her was so jarring. Because there was just no trace of that.”

Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California...
https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 079487.php
Many Democrats didn't want her to run last cycle. And yes, she needs to resign.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:22 am Over 70 should give you pause to elect someone. Heck, even the dinosaur of all dinosaurs, the Catholic Church, retires everyone not the Pope at 75. So much money to be made and so many perks from being in power just make people never want to leave. Generous term limits (10 years for the House, 18 years for the Senate - as examples, can surely tweak these as needed to come to a compromised agreement) should be easy to agree on no matter what side of the aisle you're on.
I don't agree with age limits or term limits.

Everyone ages differently.

Term limits, based on experiences in states like Arizona that have them (8 years for each branch of the legislature) only served to eliminate better lawmakers and shift power to the only permanent fixture in the Capitol - the lobbyists.
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:06 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:22 am Over 70 should give you pause to elect someone. Heck, even the dinosaur of all dinosaurs, the Catholic Church, retires everyone not the Pope at 75. So much money to be made and so many perks from being in power just make people never want to leave. Generous term limits (10 years for the House, 18 years for the Senate - as examples, can surely tweak these as needed to come to a compromised agreement) should be easy to agree on no matter what side of the aisle you're on.

Term limits, based on experiences in states like Arizona that have them (8 years for each branch of the legislature) only served to eliminate better lawmakers and shift power to the only permanent fixture in the Capitol - the lobbyists.
I agree, sort of. Like just about anything, the answer is in the gray area.
I think term limits should exist unless you serve in high level capacities and/or important committees. Don't ask me what those are specifically, but you should get the idea. Serve in an important capacity or it's time to rotate you out. There may be some other cases where experience is important. The bottom line, you can't ride forever in the back of the bus.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:06 am

8 years is just far too short for term limits, especially for Senators. And I'd only have those limits at the federal level. At the state level, to each their own. If you want term limits, great, if not, equally great. But 18 years in the US Senate is a long time - ultimately, you're there to get stuff done, and if you haven't done it in 18 years then time to move aside for someone with new ideas and fresh energy.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Karma is a bitch...Justice delayed.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles- ... t-sentence
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:35 pm Karma is a bitch...Justice delayed.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles- ... t-sentence
I saw that. First thing I thought was it was payback of some sort, then you find out the kid just couldn't stay out of trouble. I'm still going with delayed payback.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:40 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:44 pm California scores staggering $75B budget surplus
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... plus%3famp
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And the FIRST thing Newsom is figuring out how to do is SPEND it. What a fucking tool.
Yep. Newsome did that & more.

California’s Newsom Proposes Budget Cuts as State Faces $22.5 Billion Deficit
https://www.wsj.com/articles/california ... 1673373996

California has the largest budget deficit of any state in the country. Literally being run into the ground, and there’s some people who think Newsom should run for POTUS. :lol: :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:45 am San Francisco committee establish by their board of supervisors recommends 5 million in reparations to each black eligible resident.
To be initially eligible, applicants must be 18 and show they have identified as black or African American on public documents for at least 10 years.

They must also prove that they meet two out of eight additional standards — including being born in or having migrated to San Francisco between 1940 and 1996, and having proof of residency for at least 13 years, being personally or a direct descendant of someone jailed in the “failed War on Drugs,” or being a descendant of someone enslaved before 1865...

...The plan also calls on the city to supplement lower-income recipients’ income to reflect the Area Median Income (AMI), about $97,000, annually for at least 250 years....

The committee will make its recommendations to the city in June, and Board of Supervisors President Aaron Peskin told the San Francisco Chronicle he hopes they will be approved...

The report does not include any estimates on the overall cost of the reparations...

They should tell all the white and Asian err 'white adjacent' folks in San Fran that their taxes are going to be doubled for like the next decade to pay for reparations for the black folks in San Fran..

The proposal could cost the city, which has a 2022-2023 budget of $14 billion, roughly $50 billion, the Daily Mail reported....

But San Francisco is already reeling from a lower-than-expected property tax intake because of the coronavirus pandemic and Mayor London Breed’s office is predicting a budget shortfall of roughly $728 million over the next two years, the Real Deal reported.

Lawl, good luck trying to implement that.. :lol: California & Democrats... :rofl:

5 million BTW, according to an online net worth calculator, would put someone in the top 3% in the US.

To all white and Asian err I mean 'white adjacent' people in San Francisco: Get ready to have your taxes doubled or tripled to pay for reparations for your black neighbors that you have oppressed..
The SF Board of Supervisors just voted for it. SF currently has a 700+ million budget deficit, and they just voted for somehing 3.5 x the size of their current budget that will cost EACH SF non black reaident 600k.

SF is about to get A LOT blacker.. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:35 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:45 am San Francisco committee establish by their board of supervisors recommends 5 million in reparations to each black eligible resident.

The SF Board of Supervisors just voted for it. SF currently has a 700+ million budget deficit, and they just voted for somehing 3.5 x the size of their current budget that will cost EACH SF non black reaident 600k.

SF is about to get A LOT blacker.. :lol:
Hell with the qualifications they put forth, I qualify!

#BrotherFromAnotherMother
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

And California decides to cripple its solar installations. Maybe they will build a few nuclear plants......
California’s three largest power companies have put forward a new plan for how homeowners will pay their energy bills. The general idea is that the cost of the actual electricity you use each month will be separated from the “infrastructure charge,” i.e. the cost of maintaining and building the grid that delivers that electricity. Users will pay a smaller fee for the actual amount of electricity they use but al larger, fixed monthly fee for maintaining the grid.

And here’s where California seems to have borrowed its plan directly from Karl Marx. The new proposals suggests four separate tiers of monthly payments which are based entirely on income. The more you make the more you’ll pay to maintain the grid, regardless of how much energy you use.
All of this is tied in to California’s efforts to encourage the adoption of rooftop solar with something called Net Metering. If you’re interested in the details you can read this previous post but the gist is that more than a million Californians signed up for a deal called Net Metering 2.0 which meant the state paid the homeowner for any extra electricity they generated but didn’t use. When Net Metering first started this was a big inducement to get people to sign up for solar. But as the cost of solar has come down, so many people took the deal that many of the state’s biggest electricity users suddenly became net electricity generators or very close to it. In other words, instead of getting money from these homeowners the electric utilities were, in some cases, paying them.

So the question became how to get more money out of those people, most of whom were upper income, who’d effectively stopped paying the utilities for electricity. The first proposal for a revised plan called Net Metering 3.0 was to charge people who owned solar panels a monthly fee for owning them. That fee was just a way to gouge those who had escaped the clutches of the utility companies. It was so unpopular that even California’s green former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger came out against it.

The state utilities board went back to the drawing board and passed a different version of Net Metering 3.0, which took effect Saturday. The new plan essentially reduces the amount that utilities pay rooftop solar generators by about 75%. So before it might have taken 5-6 years for a rooftop system to pay for itself, now it will be quite a bit longer, maybe 18-20 years. At that point it’s barely worth doing.

And if this new plan for a fixed monthly fee based on income does happen, (it’s expected to roll out in 2025) there would be even less incentive to install solar anymore. Why bother if you’ll still going to be forced to pay the utility $500 or $1000 a year (for equity) even if you’re producing more electricity than you use in a given year.
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/04/17/ ... ty-n544445
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CA loses population for 3 straight year after 170 years of gains, as disproportionally upper income folks flee the state. Then they do dumb shit like this to speed up their charge to bankruptcy. :lol: to watch happen.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:20 pm CA loses population for 3 straight year after 170 years of gains, as disproportionally upper income folks flee the state. Then they do dumb shit like this to speed up their charge to bankruptcy. :lol: to watch happen.
You say that like its a bad thing but you're probably just a little behind the curve - Californians are happy to see population shrink
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:33 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:20 pm CA loses population for 3 straight year after 170 years of gains, as disproportionally upper income folks flee the state. Then they do dumb shit like this to speed up their charge to bankruptcy. :lol: to watch happen.
You say that like its a bad thing but you're probably just a little behind the curve - Californians are happy to see population shrink
They aren’t happy to see their bax base leaving..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:39 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:33 pm

They're the 6th largest economy on the planet. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:50 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:39 pm
68 billion deficit, largest deficit of any state in US history. Good luck with that. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:40 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:50 pm

68 billion deficit, largest deficit of any state in US history. Good luck with that. :lol:
Deficits don't matter. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:39 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:40 am
Until they do
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:13 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:39 am

Until they do
Economists seem uncharacteristicly optimistic these days, and Republicans don't want to talk about inflation cooling down and mortgage rates lowering and greater-than-expected job growth....they're lucky Hunter Biden cheated on his taxes....alledgedly...we should be seeing evidence any time now. And how bout that stock market, ch? :thumb:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:37 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:13 am

Until they do
Economists seem uncharacteristicly optimistic these days, and Republicans don't want to talk about inflation cooling down and mortgage rates lowering and greater-than-expected job growth....they're lucky Hunter Biden cheated on his taxes....alledgedly...we should be seeing evidence any time now. And how bout that stock market, ch? :thumb:
The stock market is just getting back to where it was when Biden took office….. just think how good things could be if Biden wasn’t in the way
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:31 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:37 am

The stock market is just getting back to where it was when Biden took office….. just think how good things could be if Biden wasn’t in the way
The market surged in Nov. 2020 with Biden's election, all the way to today's record highs.

During trumps reign the S&P lost 30% in 22 days.