CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: ....until they were introduced to pizza.
Sure, some were, but you still had the ones who derided Italians as "garlic eaters" even in the movies like "It's a Wonderful Life" - stereotypes were still strong and publicly permitted well into the latter half of the 20th century.
And I have no problem with that. Stereotypes are derived from truth, not from thin air. But they don't apply to 100% of the group. Heck, they probably don't apply to more than half of the group in most cases. But they are great for jokes. :thumb:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Sure, some were, but you still had the ones who derided Italians as "garlic eaters" even in the movies like "It's a Wonderful Life" - stereotypes were still strong and publicly permitted well into the latter half of the 20th century.
And I have no problem with that. Stereotypes are derived from truth, not from thin air. But they don't apply to 100% of the group. Heck, they probably don't apply to more than half of the group in most cases. But they are great for jokes. :thumb:
Besides, who doesn't love garlic? :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Are you saying 100% of stereotypes don't apply 100%?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Oh, codswallop, Chizzy.

If Latin-American immigrants were coming here with advanced degrees and skills most of the consternation would be from donks who like to bitch about the H1B program.

It's very easy for white suburban liberals to be "tolerant" when illegal immigration from down south means that their neighborhoods will remain mostly white, that they'll have cheaper prices on their organic Halloween pumpkins and non-GMO multivitamins, and no chance that illegals will be competing for their jobs. :nod:
:lol:

Thank goodness the voice of reason stopped by
Straight out of a white suburban conservative neighborhood
to comment on white suburban liberal neighborhoods

:clap:
...says the guy in suburban Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: And I have no problem with that. Stereotypes are derived from truth, not from thin air. But they don't apply to 100% of the group. Heck, they probably don't apply to more than half of the group in most cases. But they are great for jokes. :thumb:
Are you saying 100% of stereotypes don't apply 100%?
Yes. Except for Dallas Cowboys. They're all assholes.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Trump just had a spirited public debate with Chuckie and Nancy about the border wall. Trump was saying that he will shut down the government if there is no wall funding. Chuckie said that he is proposing the same thing as last time and it was accepted the last time so it should be accepted this time. Nancy begged to continue the discussion in private. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:Trump just had a spirited public debate with Chuckie and Nancy about the border wall. Trump was saying that he will shut down the government if there is no wall funding. Chuckie said that he is proposing the same thing as last time and it was accepted the last time so it should be accepted this time. Nancy begged to continue the discussion in private. :lol:
where's the money to build it going to come from..?

anybody know..?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Trump just had a spirited public debate with Chuckie and Nancy about the border wall. Trump was saying that he will shut down the government if there is no wall funding. Chuckie said that he is proposing the same thing as last time and it was accepted the last time so it should be accepted this time. Nancy begged to continue the discussion in private. :lol:

anybody know..?
I thought we just decide to do things and the money is just there, no? Isn't it just priority setting? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:

anybody know..?
Tariff revenue.

:tiptoe:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

We've increased the deficit with corporate tax cuts maybe we can accept profit based donations
since American super corps are setting historical profits right now..?

Just a thought
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:We've increased the deficit with corporate tax cuts maybe we can accept profit based donations

Just a thought
We didn't increase the deficit with corporate tax cuts. We increased the deficit by increasing spending at a faster rate than revenue increased.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:

anybody know..?
China

Who, ironically, already has a wall so big and beautiful you can see it from space

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:We've increased the deficit with corporate tax cuts maybe we can accept profit based donations

Just a thought
We didn't increase the deficit with corporate tax cuts. We increased the deficit by increasing spending at a faster rate than revenue increased.
:lol:

Yeah AZ I know Fox News doesn't cover this - so how could you know..
Please don't post an opinion piece as a counter - please use legitimate research

According to: The Senate's Official Scorekeeper and nonpartisan Joint Committee
The Republican Tax Plan will Add $1 Trillion to the Deficit

The Senate Republicans $1.5 trillion tax cut would not pay for itself but instead increase the deficit
according to a report released by the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation...

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th- ... onssfc.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... icits.html
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Today was the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency. That was an embarrassing performance, even for him. The West Wing is headless right now. Trump thinks he can keep his bedrock support by sheer force of will. But his Republican support is eroding, little by little. A government shutdown at his whim will make it a gusher. Giuliani will be out as his lawyer within 60 days, and then all bets are off. :twocents:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Today was the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency. That was an embarrassing performance, even for him. The West Wing is headless right now. Trump thinks he can keep his bedrock support by sheer force of will. But his Republican support is eroding, little by little. A government shutdown at his whim will make it a gusher. Giuliani will be out as his lawyer within 60 days, and then all bets are off. :twocents:
He basically guaranteed a shutdown and gave Pelosi cover for it

I'll be on R&R when it happens - I might have a protracted vacation in the US if my return tix get whacked

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The funniest part was Pence sitting there like a fuckin' mannequin.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
The funniest part was Pence sitting there like a fuckin' mannequin.
:nod: :nod:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
The funniest part was Pence sitting there like a ****' mannequin.
Pence is quietly loving this; he knows he's about to be President.

And that conclusion is the most terrifying part of the shit-show we're in.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Yeah

He's gonna put ya'll back on the plantation

or

He's gonna pull your fingernails until you convert to Jesus

:ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

No sweat, Pence is dirty too. the next president will be ........Nancy Pelosi. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Pence is quietly loving this; he knows he's about to be President.

Yeah

or

Trip reminds us everyday just how ignorant and gullible millennials really are. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Is the caravan here yet? Has the invasion begun?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Yeah

or

Trip reminds us everyday just how ignorant and gullible millennials really are. :nod:
Funny, coming from the generation that told us never to trust anyone on the internet...

...and now believe everything they see on the internet.

Enjoy the last few years of America before we grab power and decend it into madness. Because you guys really did a good job. :roll:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Today was the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency. That was an embarrassing performance, even for him. The West Wing is headless right now. Trump thinks he can keep his bedrock support by sheer force of will. But his Republican support is eroding, little by little. A government shutdown at his whim will make it a gusher. Giuliani will be out as his lawyer within 60 days, and then all bets are off. :twocents:
He basically guaranteed a shutdown and gave Pelosi cover for it

I'll be on R&R when it happens - I might have a protracted vacation in the US if my return tix get whacked

Yeah man, I just moved a week of use or lose to next week so I can take it before (and essentially add to) the shutdown vacation.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:Is the caravan here yet? Has the invasion begun?
phpBB [video]