Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Space X Falcon Heavy scheduled for test launch today

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 am Seriously

If Elon’s eggheads can figure out how to land all those boosters on boats and shit, you’d think they could design a docking mechanism where you can just pull up, bump into the hatch, throw it open, and leap through the door with your fuckin lightsaber
I'm sure we can, but it's probably a limitation of the two-decades old ISS than the capsule itself.
You know I was joking right

I was hoping the lightsaber part would be a tell but apparently I need to shut down the subtlety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Didn't want to start a new thread, but SpaceX just put four regular people into space who'll be up there for 3 days. They'll be orbiting further up than the ISS. It's the first time an all non-professional crew has been sent to space for an extended period of time.

Definitely a glimpse of the future; perhaps some of us or our kids may experience this one day.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread, but SpaceX just put four regular people into space who'll be up there for 3 days. They'll be orbiting further up than the ISS. It's the first time an all non-professional crew has been sent to space for an extended period of time.

Definitely a glimpse of the future; perhaps some of us or our kids may experience this one day.
Do do know that “our kids doing this” and your social justice fever dreams are mutually exclusive, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris