Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Things that be all racist n' sheit

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:25 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:53 pm
I know- I responded to Seattle's post on that thread. But it also belongs on the 'Things that be all racist n' sheit' thread since Brandon labeled it as such..
Didn't you used to get all bent out of shape over people posting the same thing on different threads? You've come a long way. Pat yourself on the back!
:tothehand:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:25 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:53 pm
I know- I responded to Seattle's post on that thread. But it also belongs on the 'Things that be all racist n' sheit' thread since Brandon labeled it as such..
Didn't you used to get all bent out of shape over people posting the same thing on different threads? You've come a long way. Pat yourself on the back!
I’m so proud of him :)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Car insurance, according to Biden
If you live in one of those neighborhoods and you have the same exact car I have in the other neighborhood, you pay more for your insurance than that side. No basis for it! None at all other than you’re black, and I’m white.
Uh Joe, the basis is this pesky little thing called risk managememt. Doesn’t matter if the cars are identical. The drivers are different. And the same exact car in one zipcode has a higher probability of being broken into & vanadalized & stolen more in one zipcode than another.

Biden applied similar idiotic logic to home values, which are dictated by the market- what people are willing to pay. Biden logic: The same exact house & acerage should be the same everywhere. So people should be paying less in the predominantly white neighborhoods, and more in the predominantly black neighborhoods.
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/0 ... st-n689566
You have to wonder where he comes up with this shit..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:42 pm Car insurance, according to Biden
If you live in one of those neighborhoods and you have the same exact car I have in the other neighborhood, you pay more for your insurance than that side. No basis for it! None at all other than you’re black, and I’m white.
Uh Joe, the basis is this pesky little thing called risk managememt. Doesn’t matter if the cars are identical. The drivers are different. And the same exact car in one zipcode has a higher probability of being broken into & vanadalized & stolen more in one zipcode than another.

Biden applied similar idiotic logic to home values, which are dictated by the market- what people are willing to pay. Biden logic: The same exact house & acerage should be the same everywhere. So people should be paying less in the predominantly white neighborhoods, and more in the predominantly black neighborhoods.
kalm says that's the problem with an unregulated market. Those markets need to be better regulated so that pricing is equalized and consumers in both neighborhoods pay and make the same price. The people in the nicer neighborhoods should make up for the pricing in the more run-down neighborhoods.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:45 am

kalm says that's the problem with an unregulated market. Those markets need to be better regulated so that pricing is equalized and consumers in both neighborhoods pay and make the same price. The people in the nicer neighborhoods should make up for the pricing in the more run-down neighborhoods.
Driving history and credit score be damned too. That sheit ain't important either. :tothehand:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Hmmm…I don’t remember saying that but congratulations on your win anyway! Lol

(Let me know if/when you’d like to have a serious discussion)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:19 am

My apologies, you've led me to believe that your philosophy is that every economic problem is due to unregulated markets and/or under-taxation of the wealthy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:44 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:19 am

My apologies, you've led me to believe that your philosophy is that every economic problem is due to unregulated markets and/or under-taxation of the wealthy.
You are forgiven.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

:lol:

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:50 pm :lol:

From these humble beginnings the world-renowned Gravy SEALS and their elite Meal Team 6 sprang forth like Aphrodite from teh brow of Zeus!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Disney World’s #1 most popular ride Splash Mountain. Shut down because apparently water rides are racist.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

The AP has banned the word "the". :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:24 pm The AP has banned the word "the". :lol:

Sucks for Citadel and buckeye fans. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:52 pm Disney World’s #1 most popular ride Splash Mountain. Shut down because apparently water rides are racist.
To their defense, it was based on Brer Rabbit and the "Song of the South", which are certainly racist things. Disney hasn't allowed "Song of the South" to be available for a good 20 some years now. It's a great ride, but I think everyone knew this one was going to need to be redone. I just wish they'd find a way to keep the "Zippy de doo dah" song that was at the end of the ride. And with all things Disney, the ride will remain, they'll just change all the themed decorations. And with all things Disney, it will take forever. Word is they won't have the new ride operational until late in 2024.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Black police officers shooting a black person.

It turns out black officers will shoot people too either from a justified or unjustified reaction and "racism" doesn't have anything to do with it.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:24 pm Black police officers shooting a black person.

It turns out black officers will shoot people too either from a justified or unjustified reaction and "racism" doesn't have anything to do with it.

And ‘were’ black. :suspicious: Is one or more of them no longer black. :? CNN :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:24 pm Black police officers shooting a black person.

What a weird take on this news…looking for the woke angle.

And I thought we were told on this here board that POC’s can be racist too.

?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:06 pm

What a weird take on this news…looking for the woke angle.

And I thought we were told on this here board that POC’s can be racist too.

?
Yes. Towards other races & ethnicities, not your own.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:52 pm Disney World’s #1 most popular ride Splash Mountain. Shut down because apparently water rides are racist.
To their defense, it was based on Brer Rabbit and the "Song of the South", which are certainly racist things. Disney hasn't allowed "Song of the South" to be available for a good 20 some years now. It's a great ride, but I think everyone knew this one was going to need to be redone. I just wish they'd find a way to keep the "Zippy de doo dah" song that was at the end of the ride. And with all things Disney, the ride will remain, they'll just change all the themed decorations. And with all things Disney, it will take forever. Word is they won't have the new ride operational until late in 2024.
And probably almost no one when they were riding the ride thought, ‘Gee, this water ride is based on something from 3/4 of a century ago that some people see as racist.”

But as we saw last year, Disney has gone full hyper woke, so I’m not the least bit surprised.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:40 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 pm

And probably almost no one when they were riding the ride thought, ‘Gee, this water ride is based on something from 3/4 of a century ago that some people see as racist.”

But as we saw last year, Disney has gone full hyper woke, so I’m not the least bit surprised.
Uh, if you didn't realize anytime over the past 20 years that Brer Rabbit was based on racist stereotypes I don't know what rock you were living under. I'm pretty sure I knew that as a kid and I'm 50+ years old now. This wasn't new news. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:00 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:40 pm

Uh, if you didn't realize anytime over the past 20 years that Brer Rabbit was based on racist stereotypes I don't know what rock you were living under. I'm pretty sure I knew that as a kid and I'm 50+ years old now. This wasn't new news. :coffee:
:nod: I remember reading Uncle Remus and I would think that most rational people would see it's characters as being based on racist stereotypes.

Why can't Disney do what it wants as a private corporation? Is DeSantis going to intervene and try to force them to keep the ride open? How is this different than Chickfila being closed on Sundays? BDK would be cheering them on if it was a conservative company closing down to remove images that might be considered homosexual or trans.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:29 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:00 am

:nod: I remember reading Uncle Remus and I would think that most rational people would see it's characters as being based on racist stereotypes.

Why can't Disney do what it wants as a private corporation? Is DeSantis going to intervene and try to force them to keep the ride open? How is this different than Chickfila being closed on Sundays? BDK would be cheering them on if it was a conservative company closing down to remove images that might be considered homosexual or trans.
They can do what they want- its a free country. If they think shutting down their most popular ride for 2 years will make them more $$, again, free country. So they are free to go full woke (see last year’s controversy), but their stock was down 44%, and their CEO was canned.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:21 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:29 am

They can do what they want- its a free country. If they think shutting down their most popular ride for 2 years will make them more $$, again, free country. So they are free to go full woke (see last year’s controversy), but their stock was down 44%, and their CEO was canned.
Eh, they shut down that Norway ride a few years back and took a year or two to change all the theming and animatronics to "Frozen" and that worked out fine. Fans of Disney are used to interminably long times to refurbish rides.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

They don't have insurance :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky