Can Someone PLEASE Explain DACA to Me?

Political discussions
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Can Someone PLEASE Explain DACA to Me?

Post by Jjoey52 »

No, buy the time this is over, each and every illegal will get in. The GOP is in cave mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Can Someone PLEASE Explain DACA to Me?

Post by houndawg »

Good time to take their guns....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:Maybe a dumb question, and not my first. :oops:

If my folks were illegals and I was brought here in diapers and only know the US as my home, do I get an SS number? I saw some NBC news segment with a dreamer kid in college talking about how he could be sent back to his parent's country. How do you get a driver's license, register in public schools, get into college, etc. without somehow being in the system?
This is DACA.

Illegals who entered the country under the age of 16 can apply for status - giving them everything you listed. They can work, study (though, not eligible for federal financial aid), get driver's licenses, etc. They also pay income taxes in addition to SS taxes. They're not eligible for ACA subsidies, Medicaid, etc. They're also not subject to ACA mandate. The status is good for two years and they have to reapply each time to check criminal history, etc.
I've got news for you guys

It isn't just DACA

Illegals of many stripes can get a SSN- you do not have to be in legal status to be issued a ssn. You can walk across the border as a Salvadoran, make an asylum claim, and while waiting for a court date you get a work permit as a ssn

Drivers licenses have nothing to do with immigration status. In most states anybody can get one. When was the last time any of you were checked for immigration status to get a DL?

The bottom line is that many classes of illegal aliens can get a ssn and can work - and fir many of them it can be indefinite

There are Salvadorans who have been on TPS in the US for YEARS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:And sending a kid who came here as an infant back to Honduras... even though he doesn't speak Spanish and has no connections and no life in Honduras gets us where?

A good example of being "pro life" until they're born

The debate isn't over amnesty for all illegals. It's over children brought over before the age of 16.
So how did they communicate with their parents? :suspicious:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

DACA needs to go for many reasons, but the most important one being that the POTUS can't make laws and that is what this was.

DACA folks aren't going to get deported en mass, Trumper has already said that ain't happening. So now we just revert back to the status quo and no one should be surprised about this. donks controlled congress when Obomba took over and didn't address this issue. conks control congress and won't address this issue. This will look bad for conks though, but not that it matters because they already look extremely incompetent.

As far as what happens to those already here? They can enter the current immigration system and apply for citizenship and go through all the hoops and hurdles therein. Maybe when they are near retirement age they might finally become citizens.

How do we address this issue going forward? Heavily fine and jail employers of illegals and this problem disappears overnight. :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:And sending a kid who came here as an infant back to Honduras... even though he doesn't speak Spanish and has no connections and no life in Honduras gets us where?

A good example of being "pro life" until they're born

The debate isn't over amnesty for all illegals. It's over children brought over before the age of 16.
So how did they communicate with their parents? :suspicious:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:Maybe a dumb question, and not my first. :oops:

If my folks were illegals and I was brought here in diapers and only know the US as my home, do I get an SS number? I saw some NBC news segment with a dreamer kid in college talking about how he could be sent back to his parent's country. How do you get a driver's license, register in public schools, get into college, etc. without somehow being in the system?
This is DACA.

Illegals who entered the country under the age of 16 can apply for status - giving them everything you listed. They can work, study (though, not eligible for federal financial aid), get driver's licenses, etc. They also pay income taxes in addition to SS taxes. They're not eligible for ACA subsidies, Medicaid, etc. They're also not subject to ACA mandate. The status is good for two years and they have to reapply each time to check criminal history, etc.

Meanwhile, the wait time for a family preference immigrant visa for the unmarried child of a legal permanent resident from Honduras is three-four years

So guess what DACA is incentivizing?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

What's your solution, Cid? Round em up and ship em back? It's made easier since we've collected information on all of em.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:What's your solution, Cid? Round em up and ship em back? It's made easier since we've collected information on all of em.
No

If you'd read and search this forum the way you Google "Trump Russia" you'd know that

I'm for strong border security so we don't HAVE to amnesty millions of people every few years
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"Stronger border security" doesn't address what to do about those here one iota. So, maybe you see my confusion... :?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:"Stronger border security" doesn't address what to do about those here one iota. So, maybe you see my confusion... :?
I've said on this forum that I am for amnesty for the "dreamers"

I'm not sure what is clogging your head.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ok. Then we're on the same page. :thumb:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Ok. Then we're on the same page. :thumb:
glad i could help you pull your head out of your ass

the next one will have a fee attached

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Ok. Then we're on the same page. :thumb:

Just keep the fees lower than USCIS, please. Sent $2k to you fuckers this year. :ohno:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Just keep the fees lower than USCIS, please. Sent $2k to you **** this year. :ohno:
We thank you for keeping us self funded

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Thanks for the help, gents. CS is the way to go to get a good, insightful discussion of both sides, INCLUDING the issues both sides sometimes have with going to the extremes.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote:Thanks for the help, gents. CS is the way to go to get a good, insightful discussion of both sides, INCLUDING the issues both sides sometimes have with going to the extremes.
Is it an extreme to say that if we grandfather the current dreamers we won't have the exact same problem in 5 years, in 10 years, in perpetuity?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Thanks for the help, gents. CS is the way to go to get a good, insightful discussion of both sides, INCLUDING the issues both sides sometimes have with going to the extremes.
Is it an extreme to say that if we grandfather the current dreamers we won't have the exact same problem in 5 years, in 10 years, in perpetuity?
Without a concurrent increase in border security, no, it isn't
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote: Is it an extreme to say that if we grandfather the current dreamers we won't have the exact same problem in 5 years, in 10 years, in perpetuity?
Without a concurrent increase in border security, no, it isn't
You're a racist for even saying that Cid.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So no comments on how Trumper caved to Pelosi and Shumer on Obama's DACA program? :lol:

And how he isn't even going to get wall funding for going along with the donks about legalizing DACA? :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:So no comments on how Trumper caved to Pelosi and Shumer on Obama's DACA program? :lol:

And how he isn't even going to get wall funding for going along with the donks about legalizing DACA? :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm happy they are going to actually make it law

I would have had no problem with it when Obama conceived it if he had worn his "constitutional scholar" hat and gotten Congress to do it in the first place- instead of the clearly unconstitutional path he ultimately took

Frankly, DACA is the ultimate "poor starving children" argument. If it went through the proper legislative process then it would take up much less space in the debate.

DACA is not the hill to die on. Border security is- because arguments against it have nowhere to go, outside of decrying poor Mexican children drowning in the Rio Grande

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I don't think most Democrats (including Schumer and Pelosi) have a problem with increasing border security. I don't have a problem with it.

A wall from the Texas Gulf to the Pacific is a dumb waste of money. But, I don't have a problem with cracking down on people entering the country illegally.

If Trump ends up working on this compromise, I'll give him credit. It sucks for the "Wall or Bust" folks like BDK, but it's a sensible compromise.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I don't think most Democrats (including Schumer and Pelosi) have a problem with increasing border security. I don't have a problem with it.

A wall from the Texas Gulf to the Pacific is a dumb waste of money. But, I don't have a problem with cracking down on people entering the country illegally.

If Trump ends up working on this compromise, I'll give him credit. It sucks for the "Wall or Bust" folks like BDK, but it's a sensible compromise.
:nod:

Agree with Cid's post too. Just getting pleasure :lol: @ the Trump Train folks who actually thought Trump was a man of his word and will eventually realize he just sold them a bunch of flashy one liners to get their votes.

So basically we'll see heads exploding on both sides of the aisle. The Trumpers for seeing Trump cave to donks in negotiations, and the leftists who will see donk leadership make deals with the "hitler reincarnate" currently residing in the WH. This will make for good entertainment. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I don't think most Democrats (including Schumer and Pelosi) have a problem with increasing border security. I don't have a problem with it.

Sorry, but my bullsh!t smeller smells bullsh!t.

There's been NOTHING BUT histrionics over actual physical border controls. The very second anyone brings it up they get exactly what you just did: calling it a dumb waste of money - that's the nicest thing that gets said. And there is very little evidence that a combination physical and virtual wall won't work. It is working beautifully in Hungary as we speak. And a wall does not have to be a physical barrier along the whole border. Just the THREAT of immediate deportation has apprehensions down 75% since last year. A virtual barrier allows us to catch people at the point of entry, which allows us to deport them immediately. If we dont catch them in the act, they get paroled into the country.

What kind of "cracking down" would you be referring to, that is more effective than preventing entries? Because for those of us who know immigration law, there is next to no such thing as an immediate turnaround at the border. It exists, but it is not prevalent. And the laws that protect illegal immigrants that successfully enter the country without being caught in the act of doing it are pushed by the very same people who say they are "all for cracking down". Your line of thinking is how we wind up boxed into amnestying 11 million illegals every couple decades. So sell that BS somewhere else.

Hardcore Libertarians are for open borders.

Liberals SAY they aren't for open borders, but do everything they can to make it so.

Which one are you?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

More people are here illegally due to overstaying visas than crossing the border. The wall is a money pit that doesn't fix anything. Even Trump understands that (transcript of his call with Nieto). I don't know why you're including things like "virtual wall" in my opposition to Trump's wall. His wall was always a physical one... And, increasing technology at the border would be far more cost effective than a physical border, I'd imagine. I'd have to see what all that entails, though.

More border patrol and more technology at the border, more focus on people overstaying visas and people hiring illegals would all be more cost effective.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)