Can Someone PLEASE Explain DACA to Me?

Political discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Can Someone PLEASE Explain DACA to Me?

Post by 93henfan »

Claymores are cheaper than rebarb and concrete.

I could secure the southern border with about 5,000 Marines if you gave me eased rules of engagement and a five mile press-free zone so the results didn't make the evening news. (think Israel)

I guarantee nobody would try crossing any more after about two weeks of my plan being implemented.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:More people are here illegally due to overstaying visas than crossing the border. The wall is a money pit that doesn't fix anything. Even Trump understands that (transcript of his call with Nieto).

More border patrol and more technology at the border, more focus on people overstaying visas and people hiring illegals would all be more cost effective.
Wrong.

And whatever source you are getting that from is wrong.

It is a careful play on words designed to fool you and people like you. Or maybe you know it's BS but you're repeating it anyway

There are around 11 million people living here illegally. I.e: they have no intention of departing. They LIVE here. The large majority of this group came across our southern border. The rest came on visas and either disappeared or adjusted status

Visa overstays are incorporated into the false "fact" you repeated. That means that people who stayed beyond their I-90 leave to stay period but also depart the country are counted. If someone comes on a tourist visa, gets 6 months leave to stay, stays 8 months and then departs, that is counted (when it is detected), and there are a lot of those... enough to make it look like they are the majority of illegals in the country. But they are not - because they do leave - every day

I read visa validation studies every week, bubba- don't tell me who is here illegally. I'll tell you

And stop being a semantic twat. I've already said (multiple times) that we don't need an actual physical wall on the entire border to control it - so quit with the straw man arguments about "the wall"
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:More people are here illegally due to overstaying visas than crossing the border. The wall is a money pit that doesn't fix anything. Even Trump understands that (transcript of his call with Nieto).

More border patrol and more technology at the border, more focus on people overstaying visas and people hiring illegals would all be more cost effective.
Wrong.

And whatever source you are getting that from is wrong.

It is a careful play on words designed to fool you and people like you. Or maybe you know it's BS but you're repeating it anyway

There are around 11 million people living here illegally. I.e: they have no intention of departing. They LIVE here. The large majority of this group came across our southern border. The rest came on visas and either disappeared or adjusted status

Visa overstays are incorporated into the false "fact" you repeated. That means that people who stayed beyond their I-90 leave to stay period but also depart the country are counted. If someone comes on a tourist visa, gets 6 months leave to stay, stays 8 months and then departs, that is counted (when it is detected), and there are a lot of those... enough to make it look like they are the majority of illegals in the country. But they are not - because they do leave - every day

I read visa validation studies every week, bubba- don't tell me who is here illegally. I'll tell you

And stop being a semantic twat. I've already said (multiple times) that we don't need an actual physical wall on the entire border to control it - so quit with the straw man arguments about "the wall"
:chair:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Bump.