JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Rep. Scalise Shot

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:
Is there really a difference between Mississippi and Alabama (or Louisiana)
Just as an aside, if you were to put Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana in a group and say "one of these things is not like the others" and pick which one it'd be Louisiana. It's a very unique culture. Most of that is associated with the Southern part of the State along the I-10 corridor. But that's where most of the population is and it's a lot different than Mississippi or Alabama and, for that matter, any other Southern State (or any State anywhere actually). It's kind of like a different country within the United States. When it comes to law it's the only State using the Napoleonic Code. When it comes to culture there's just nothing else in the United States remotely like it. Sometimes its uniqueness is good and sometimes it's bad. But it is what it is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) told reporters that, just before the shooting, he spoke briefly with a man he believes was Hodgkinson and that the man “asked me if the team practicing was a Democrat or Republican team.” Duncan added, “I told him they were Republicans. He said, ‘Okay, thanks,’ and turned around.

“I’m shaken up. My colleagues were targeted today.”
:oops:
Smooth move, Senator Exlax.

And, just in from the Man Bites Dog Department: He's a Trumpie Wind-Bag, too.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Aho Old Guy wrote:
Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) told reporters that, just before the shooting, he spoke briefly with a man he believes was Hodgkinson and that the man “asked me if the team practicing was a Democrat or Republican team.” Duncan added, “I told him they were Republicans. He said, ‘Okay, thanks,’ and turned around.

*Representative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

dbackjon wrote:So the two Capitol police that were shot, but still managed to kill the terrorist, and help the other victims were both black, and one is a lesbian who is married. Rep Scalise is opposed to same-sex marriage.
He also voted to let crazies buy guns.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Waaaa...

Can expanos or bisonfanatic explain this one to me?

What juicy conspiracy am I missing here?

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:I think this thread has fairly well demonstrated that when you paint people as comparable to the worst of humanity - it shouldn't be surprising if someone tries to kill them

and as a special sideshow have Jon finding it somehow remarkable that a couple of black DCPD officers would not just say "hell, these congresspeople hate me... I'm just going let them get shot"

that's quite a distorted view

I imagine he believes that's what white cops would do if it was Elijah Cummings or God Forbid Barack Obama

I doubt Scalise "hates" anyone. That doesnt mean he doesn't have bigoted views

Most people live in the real (low drama) world where disagreement doesnt equal hate, preference doesn't trump duty, and everyone we disagree with isn't Hitler

but that group is rapidly shrinking

That'll be enough out of you!

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Aho Old Guy wrote:

Should he have known the guy was going to attempt assassination?

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: Is there really a difference between Mississippi and Alabama (or Louisiana)
Seriously..? Kinda like the stink hole that is Philadelphia and / or Baltimore
Both Alabama and Mississippi technically meet a minimum qualification that keep them off the list of the worst states in the country (contain mountains or border large bodies of water).

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, etc. :ohno: :ohno:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

I was quite amused by Bernie Sanders remarks on the shooting, he said he was praying for the victims, the old fool is an atheist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Jjoey52 wrote:I was quite amused by Bernie Sanders remarks on the shooting, he said he was praying for the victims, the old fool is an atheist.
He's Jewish.
http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/A-look-in ... ers-428701
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:I was quite amused by Bernie Sanders remarks on the shooting, he said he was praying for the victims, the old fool is an atheist.
He's Jewish.
http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/A-look-in ... ers-428701

Jewish atheist,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

This whole saga is great. I'm loving the fact that another Bernie Bro lost his shit and went out to physically harm someone that doesn't agree with his leftist ideals...also loving that that same shitbag is the only person who died in this whole ordeal.

I'm loving the spin the leftist media is doing to avoid talking about the fact that this was a Bernie Bro and not some right winger.

I love that this leftist was from a blue state with strict gun controls. Irony bitches. :lol:

Also good to see houndy post. When I heard it was a Bernie Bro from Southern Ill that lost his shit over Trump he immediately came to mind. I gave it a 6.93% chance that is was actually him, but still interesting nonetheless.

Oh and Jon I think it's time for another hiatus. You are getting reamed harder than your weekly date night with your hubby.

My work in this thread is done. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:This whole saga is great. I'm loving the fact that another Bernie Bro lost his **** and went out to physically harm someone that doesn't agree with his leftist ideals...also loving that that same shitbag is the only person who died in this whole ordeal.

I'm loving the spin the leftist media is doing to avoid talking about the fact that this was a Bernie Bro and not some right winger.

I love that this leftist was from a blue state with strict gun controls. Irony bitches. :lol:

Also good to see houndy post. When I heard it was a Bernie Bro from Southern Ill that lost his **** over Trump he immediately came to mind. I gave it a 6.93% chance that is was actually him, but still interesting nonetheless.

Oh and Jon I think it's time for another hiatus. You are getting reamed harder than your weekly date night with your hubby.

:rofl:

All that hard work and my brown brother missed the very cream of the jest!

The best part is that the biggest bigot in the House now owes the rest of his mierable life to two black cops, one of them a gay female. There must be such a thing as karma...... the conks just keep delivering...! :rofl:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote: Is there really a difference between Mississippi and Alabama (or Louisiana)
Seriously..? Kinda like the stink hole that is Philadelphia and / or Baltimore
Both Alabama and Mississippi technically meet a minimum qualification that keep them off the list of the worst states in the country (contain mountains or border large bodies of water).

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, etc. :ohno: :ohno:
Say what? Almost all of S Missouri has mtns-the Ozarks & St Francois..Don't you live in St Louis?
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Both Alabama and Mississippi technically meet a minimum qualification that keep them off the list of the worst states in the country (contain mountains or border large bodies of water).

Say what? Almost all of S Missouri has mtns-the Ozarks & St Francois..
He don't get out much. SE Oklahoma is some nice hill country too.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Both Alabama and Mississippi technically meet a minimum qualification that keep them off the list of the worst states in the country (contain mountains or border large bodies of water).

Say what? Almost all of S Missouri has mtns-the Ozarks & St Francois..Don't you live in St Louis?
BDK, you know very well the Appalachian mountains are the only that matter. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:This whole saga is great. I'm loving the fact that another Bernie Bro lost his **** and went out to physically harm someone that doesn't agree with his leftist ideals...also loving that that same shitbag is the only person who died in this whole ordeal.

Also good to see houndy post. When I heard it was a Bernie Bro from Southern Ill that lost his **** over Trump he immediately came to mind. I gave it a 6.93% chance that is was actually him, but still interesting nonetheless.

:rofl:

The best part is that the biggest bigot in the House now owes the rest of his mierable life to two black cops, one of them a gay female. There must be such a thing as karma...... the conks just keep delivering...! :rofl:
There you go- ass-uming it matters to him that they were black or gay or whatever identity group they belong to
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Say what? Almost all of S Missouri has mtns-the Ozarks & St Francois..
He don't get out much. SE Oklahoma is some nice hill country too.
He's too busy looking for Priuses to flip off to notice the the scenery.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: :rofl:

What a whiff. Perhaps this incident will change his life and his way of thinking. But that wouldn't be what you want. You don't want people to actually be more accepting to others, then you'd have nothing to whine about. :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote:

Peak elevation ~1770 feet. Lowest elevation in the state ~ 230 feet. Delta ~ 1540 feet.

Hey Montanadians, does this qualify as "mountains"?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Peak elevation ~1770 feet. Lowest elevation in the state ~ 230 feet. Delta ~ 1540 feet.

Even we North Carolinians say those are hills, at best

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Chizzang wrote:
Look he's a cunt
it doesn't mean he deserves to be shot
and he admits he spoke at EURO
and he's on the wrong side of just about every logical argument

Not sure what you are trying to prove Col..?

"Scalise apologized this week for speaking to the EURO group, although he said he was unaware of the connections or the group's white supremacy ideology..."
What am I trying to prove, you ask...that you are willing to accept a bogus report years after it was debunked...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/polit ... le/2626041
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Look he's a cunt
it doesn't mean he deserves to be shot
and he admits he spoke at EURO
and he's on the wrong side of just about every logical argument

Not sure what you are trying to prove Col..?

"Scalise apologized this week for speaking to the EURO group, although he said he was unaware of the connections or the group's white supremacy ideology..."
What am I trying to prove, you ask...that you are willing to accept a bogus report years after it was debunked...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/polit ... le/2626041
Hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Rep. Scalise Shot

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Please....... :coffee:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

In the same sense that that little shrimp of yours qualifies as a dick, sure.