Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10460
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:28 pm Image
Who's that guy? Is that McCain? Can't really make it out.

Why are we more apt to have a war with Iran now rather than with Trump? Trump's the one who flipped the Middle East diplomacy around to make it almost entirely anti-Iran now. I think Biden's going to find it hard to go back to the days of the John Kerry-appease-Iran-and-they'll-magically-like-us plan, but I don't see him going even further than Trump went to antagonize them either.
Because Biden is part of the unholy alliances of neo-cons and neo-liberals who favor interventionist policies (Dubya - Iraq, Obama - Libya, Syria).

The Trump administration antagonized a lot of governments and dropped some bombs but was otherwise pretty good about not overthrowing governments or putting US troops in harms way.
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm
89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 pm
Not really worth getting into but not entirely accurate. They were delayed, but they wouldn't have been there to stop it, just end it a few minutes sooner.
They were delayed because they were denied.
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Thursday he immediately mobilized state police and National Guard members when asked to go to Washington to help protect the U.S. Capitol, but the state was repeatedly denied permission before finally being authorized to send help by a defense official.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... nal-guard/


No need to quibble on that, though. As far as DC is concerned, the National Guard is federalized... despite BDK's best attempts to argue otherwise.
Most of the 26k NG from outside DC. The Insurrection Act wasn’t invoked, the NG were there at the consent of their respective state governors, who could have said no. Hence conk govs (Abbott, Desantos, Sununu, etc) removing their NG due their shabby treatment (and no need for them to have been there in the 1st place).
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11684
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:55 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Who's that guy? Is that McCain? Can't really make it out.

Why are we more apt to have a war with Iran now rather than with Trump? Trump's the one who flipped the Middle East diplomacy around to make it almost entirely anti-Iran now. I think Biden's going to find it hard to go back to the days of the John Kerry-appease-Iran-and-they'll-magically-like-us plan, but I don't see him going even further than Trump went to antagonize them either.
Because Biden is part of the unholy alliances of neo-cons and neo-liberals who favor interventionist policies (Dubya - Iraq, Obama - Libya, Syria).
Image
User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6805
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Pwns »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:17 pm Image
Progressive memes making fun of woke Democrats have become a favorite genre of mine. :lol:

Image
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11684
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Pwns wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 pm Image
:lol: Stealing that one.
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:37 pm

I was thinking about this a little more and believe you could be correct on a couple aspects. As COVID is a new version of the cold, people could have lower immunity vs the flu and thus "catch" it more easily.

The other would be the difference in mechanisms in how they infect. By virtue of how the two enter a person's system, COVID might due a better job.

With that being said, I don't know of any studies at this point that prove those out, but they bolster your statement...but, still doesn't explain all of the drop.
The precautions being taken (masks, physical distancing, capacity limits, fewer big events, limited travel, etc.) are pretty significant and IMO could explain the drop. If it does, then COVID is much more contagious than the flu. How bad would COVID be if we decided it wasn't a big deal and did nothing?
Should be plenty of data to validate assumptions due to the wide range of restrictions. Hopefully someone will do that without bias or interference, especially if they remove false positives.

By the way, I am not advocating nothing be done, I just feel that once again, politics instead of science was driving outcomes.

Look at 2009 H1N1. Over 62 million infected and no restrictions. Now with that being said, there was some funny business there and I'm not quite sure there were really that many infected. Not to mention they simply stopped testing in the middle of the pandemic.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11935
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Col Hogan »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:39 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm

They were delayed because they were denied.


https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... nal-guard/


No need to quibble on that, though. As far as DC is concerned, the National Guard is federalized... despite BDK's best attempts to argue otherwise.
They also weren't asked for in a timely manner. I'm pretty sure the Capitol Police made it clear they didn't think they would be required in the leadup to this. No doubt they were delayed once they realized they needed to be called in, but we certainly blew it in terms of assessing the threat prior to it happening.
Calling up the National Guard is not something that just happens...

When there is a predicted storm/hurricane, alert orders are sent out telling Guard members to be prepared...

When something like Jan 6th happens, you can’t just call a National Guard 911 line and poof, a bunch of Guard members show up...

Remember, these folks are part-time volunteers...they have jobs...

When the call went out on Jan 6th in Maryland, for example, the Guard members were working...

They had to get the recall message...leave work and go home to get their uniforms...then report to their local armory...

There, they were issued the equipment needed for the mission...and there was part of the delay...

When the Capital Police finally decided they needed help, they told DOD “Send the Guard”...they didn’t tell DoD what they wanted...did they want riot control troops...medics...transportation...air support...WHAT DID THEY NEED?

It took DoD about an hour, I’m told, to get the “requirement”...then transmit it to the Maryland Guard...which started the recall I outlined above...

So, once the Guard troops are mustered at their local Armories, they have to get transportation because each Armory doesn’t have trucks/busses just sitting there...

If you aren’t aware, the Guard was offered prior to the demonstration, and both the Capital Police and the Mayor of DC pretty much turned the offer down...the Mayor was clear that she didn’t want a military presence
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13654
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13654
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pmWhen the Capital Police finally decided they needed help, they told DOD “Send the Guard”...they didn’t tell DoD what they wanted...did they want riot control troops...medics...transportation...air support...WHAT DID THEY NEED?

It took DoD about an hour, I’m told, to get the “requirement”...then transmit it to the Maryland Guard...which started the recall I outlined above...

So, once the Guard troops are mustered at their local Armories, they have to get transportation because each Armory doesn’t have trucks/busses just sitting there...
Hogan, Republican, says there were 500 guard ready and mobilised and on standby but could not get the go-ahead from DoD.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... nal-guard/

But, this tangent was based off of BDK's "federalization" argument - the guard in DC is 100% federal.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:27 pm
Looks like someone needs to show "YS" how to take pictures, between the suitcase handle, and that post in the frame.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13654
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Skjellyfetti »

WTF we love Ted Cruz now?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15388
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:21 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 pm

So you're in the "vOtEr FrAuD dOeSnT eXiSt" crowd. Not surprising giving your willingness to buy the Russia bullshit. :lol:
it isn't that voter fraud doesn't exist. it does but it is miniscule. a handful of people have been arrested and charged with it in the 2020 election.

the horseshit is that there was VAST voter fraud consisting of millions of votes which is what the former president claimed in 2016 and 2020 and never produced any evidence.

just this week, the "kraken" lawsuit in georgia was dropped just before they had to produce evidence. so, don't give me the "lawsuits were only thrown out because of standing" horseshit either.
There wasn't "vast" voter fraud. There was targeted voter fraud in a handful of metro areas in swing states. It's really not that hard to understand.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15388
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:28 pm Image
:lol: and :ohno:

Sorry to hear your peeps are going to get skullfucked by another warmongering administration.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15388
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Because Biden is part of the unholy alliances of neo-cons and neo-liberals who favor interventionist policies (Dubya - Iraq, Obama - Libya, Syria).
Image
You crushing these memes. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48415
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:06 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:21 pm

it isn't that voter fraud doesn't exist. it does but it is miniscule. a handful of people have been arrested and charged with it in the 2020 election.

the horseshit is that there was VAST voter fraud consisting of millions of votes which is what the former president claimed in 2016 and 2020 and never produced any evidence.

just this week, the "kraken" lawsuit in georgia was dropped just before they had to produce evidence. so, don't give me the "lawsuits were only thrown out because of standing" horseshit either.
There wasn't "vast" voter fraud. There was targeted voter fraud in a handful of metro areas in swing states. It's really not that hard to understand.
Hey! They should take that shit to court! Has anyone suggested it?
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:45 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:33 am

As you like to say, "Let's get to the root cause". Why was the crowd angry?
Because Biden won and Trump told them it was rigged and stolen with no proof or evidence of the fact.
Do you view the field of statistics as valid? If so, then you should at the very least be interested in what was presented, but apparently you are not.

How about affidavits describing many irregularities?

You don't find it curious that states have been fighting everyone access to the ballots for inspection, even when their own elected officials are requesting audits?

You keep beating this drum, but aren't interested in actual audits that could turn up the proof you ask for. To date, there has been zero forensic audits that would uncover fraud, because the States keep blocking them.

Arizona might be the first to get a chance for a forensic audits, but as stated, election officials are fighting to prevent. What are they and you afraid of?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11935
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:32 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pmWhen the Capital Police finally decided they needed help, they told DOD “Send the Guard”...they didn’t tell DoD what they wanted...did they want riot control troops...medics...transportation...air support...WHAT DID THEY NEED?

It took DoD about an hour, I’m told, to get the “requirement”...then transmit it to the Maryland Guard...which started the recall I outlined above...

So, once the Guard troops are mustered at their local Armories, they have to get transportation because each Armory doesn’t have trucks/busses just sitting there...
Hogan, Republican, says there were 500 guard ready and mobilised and on standby but could not get the go-ahead from DoD.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... nal-guard/

But, this tangent was based off of BDK's "federalization" argument - the guard in DC is 100% federal.
Wow, I didn’t know you were such an expert on Title 32 and Title 10...I only worked in the National Guard Bureau for 14 years (4 in uniform and10 federal Civil Service)

I did not know that the DC guard is 100% federal...I wonder why the vast majority serves under Title 32 like the Guard in every other state and Territory...

And, if as you say, the DC Guard is 100% federal (and a Military Police Battalion to boot) why wasn’t the entire DC guard simply sent to the Capital...

I cancelled my subscription to the various Military.com publications year ago because they refused to learn the difference between mobilized Reserve components and non-mobilized Reserve components...NO RESERVE COMPONENT can perform the duties of the active component unless they are mobilized (that’s the word used, not federalized)...

But, hey...Jelly Belly is the expert here, so I’ll just sit on the side line and learn from the master...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

:suspicious: :shock: :dunce: :rofl:
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
Post Reply