Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:14 am You mean Obama? His arrogance is Legen...wait for it...dary! Legendary!
Nah, Obama may certainly be arrogant, but it's not the same kind of entitled arrogance that you had from the Gore's and Kerry's of the world. Maybe it was just because of his background and upbringing, but when you couple that privilege with arrogance it just comes across as even worse. Obama's just a far better politician that patricians like Gore and Kerry ever were/are.
Al Gore does not hold a candle to John Kerry.

The sun never rose on a more imperial, cocksure elitist.

And he’s been so completely wrong about so many touchstone issues (like separate peace between Israel and non-Palestinian countries) that his idiocy is being revealed in real time.

Most of these idiots have to be already dead for 20-50 years before their stupidity is revealed but not Kerry. The guy is a caricature of a statesman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:14 am
You mean Obama? His arrogance is Legen...wait for it...dary! Legendary!
Nah, Obama may certainly be arrogant, but it's not the same kind of entitled arrogance that you had from the Gore's and Kerry's of the world. Maybe it was just because of his background and upbringing, but when you couple that privilege with arrogance it just comes across as even worse. Obama's just a far better politician that patricians like Gore and Kerry ever were/are.
I didn't say he was entitled, just arrogant. I recall listening to some interviews after he left office with people that worked with him and their description of his arrogance was a common theme.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:14 am
You mean Obama? His arrogance is Legen...wait for it...dary! Legendary!
Most people in power are. It’s just funny that “hubris” is used in comparing others to the Bush administration...different kinds of hubris I guess...

There you go again ...
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:22 pmKerry get's his azz kicked by Dubya on personable front so let's expand this to encompass the Bush administration.
Yes Cheney and Rummy were complete shits but can't compare the hubris of the Bush administration to the hubris of the Gore or Kerry administrations because they never happened. You're left comparing Bush to Gore or Kerry alone.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:47 am

I didn't say he was entitled, just arrogant. I recall listening to some interviews after he left office with people that worked with him and their description of his arrogance was a common theme.
I'm reading his book now, "A Promised Land", and not really enjoying it all that much. I tend not really like contemporary political accounts, especially by the politicians themselves, but thought I'd give it a try. Actually, I read his book "The Audacity of Hope" prior to the 2008 election and I hated it. I still voted for him in spite of it. Probably never would've voted for McCain anyway (entitled in his own way, and not very intelligent on top of it) but I actually voted FOR Obama.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 am
GannonFan wrote:

And he’s been so completely wrong about so many touchstone issues (like separate peace between Israel and non-Palestinian countries) that his idiocy is being revealed in real time.

Most of these idiots have to be already dead for 20-50 years before their stupidity is revealed but not Kerry. The guy is a caricature of a statesman

I agree, Kerry has been proven to be a dunce of the highest order. He's almost like our Neville Chamberlain, but I doubt Kerry would've been as good as Chamberlain was given the same scenario (and yes, I realize Chamberlain failed miserably and I still think Kerry would've done worse). Kerry has certainly been one of Biden's more questionable picks, but I guess he had to check the "old, entitled white guy, lifetime political hack" box and Kerry fits that like a glove. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 am

Most people in power are. It’s just funny that “hubris” is used in comparing others to the Bush administration...different kinds of hubris I guess...

There you go again ...
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:22 pmKerry get's his azz kicked by Dubya on personable front so let's expand this to encompass the Bush administration.
Yes Cheney and Rummy were complete shits but can't compare the hubris of the Bush administration to the hubris of the Gore or Kerry administrations because they never happened. You're left comparing Bush to Gore or Kerry alone.
And again...just like the comparison I never started, I also didn’t bring up hubris first.

:? :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:23 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 am
There you go again ...

And again...just like the comparison I never started, I also didn’t bring up hubris first.

No you didn't, Ganny did when comparing Dubya to Kerry. But you have attempted to expand the comparison to include Bush's administration because you know that Kerry (or Gore) can't win mano-a-mano against Dubya. :kisswink:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:22 am

I agree, Kerry has been proven to be a dunce of the highest order. He's almost like our Neville Chamberlain, but I doubt Kerry would've been as good as Chamberlain was given the same scenario (and yes, I realize Chamberlain failed miserably and I still think Kerry would've done worse). Kerry has certainly been one of Biden's more questionable picks, but I guess he had to check the "old, entitled white guy, lifetime political hack" box and Kerry fits that like a glove. :coffee:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But he has 3 purple hearts!!!!!!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:56 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:30 pm

Moving the goalposts? NEVER!!!!
Piling on the wrong side? NEVER!!!

:lol:
8-)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:23 am

No you didn't, Ganny did when comparing Dubya to Kerry. But you have attempted to expand the comparison to include Bush's administration because you know that Kerry (or Gore) can't win mano-a-mano against Dubya. :kisswink:
Actually it was Baldy but don’t let that get in the way of a super sweet “gothcha!”

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:01 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 am
Actually it was Baldy but don’t let that get in the way of a super sweet “gothcha!”

Check again Poindexter. :mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:47 am
:nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:18 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:01 am

Look back far enough, BDK.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Shots fired!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:41 am

Getting you're ass kicked, and in desperation, you try to deflect by lobbing a red herring by dragging me into this..:flag:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

:orly: The sequence of posts ...
Baldy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 pmSome of you wanted this guy (Kerry) to be President.
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:05 amHe’s a doofus. Still...would vote for him today over Bush. BTW, GWB was on Kimmel last week. It’s really hard not to like that guy.
Baldy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 amOf course you would.
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:49 amOf course some would look fondly back on the Cheney presidency and still vote for him again I suppose.
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pmAs bad as W was, nothing Kerry did then or afterwards would make me want to switch my vote. I at least get the feeling that W, looking back now, would do things differently. Kerry, on the other hand is still convinced now of his unquestionable judgement. I tend not to be endeared to hubris.
CID mentioned hubris before Ganny but that was back in 2019 and as part of a different discussion. :punch:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am

:orly: The sequence of posts ...
Baldy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 pmSome of you wanted this guy (Kerry) to be President.
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:05 amHe’s a doofus. Still...would vote for him today over Bush. BTW, GWB was on Kimmel last week. It’s really hard not to like that guy.
Baldy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 amOf course you would.
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:49 amOf course some would look fondly back on the Cheney presidency and still vote for him again I suppose.
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pmAs bad as W was, nothing Kerry did then or afterwards would make me want to switch my vote. I at least get the feeling that W, looking back now, would do things differently. Kerry, on the other hand is still convinced now of his unquestionable judgement. I tend not to be endeared to hubris.
CID mentioned hubris before Ganny but that was back in 2019 and as part of a different discussion. :punch:
Who did Kerry run against again? I forget.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:47 am

Getting you're ass kicked, and in desperation, you try to deflect by lobbing a red herring by dragging me into this..:flag:
Shh...quiet. Adults are picking nits like you normally do here.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:22 am

You guys do remember that George Bush beat Kerry at Yale and Bush was supposed to be the dumbest man alive.

Surprised Kerry hasn't busted out his grenade bandolier for tough talk photo ops.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Let's get this thread back on track from Kalmy's unwitting hijack.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:55 pm Image

I don’t even know what that meme means but if you were trying to trigger me, anything with that Harpy will do.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:11 pm

I don’t even know what that meme means but if you were trying to trigger me, anything with that Harpy will do.
Her and Ben Carson.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

It's from The Wrap - Jeanine Pirro’s ‘Farting Cow’ Meme Bewilders Critics: Fox News Is ‘Floundering Their Way Into an SNL Skit’

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Her and Ben Carson.
Nah. Carson just cracks me up.