Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 am Image
Congrats to everyone who bailed out a bank and built the Grand Coulee Dam!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am
As a whole (2008 bailouts), paid back with interest.

Grand Coulee Damn wasn’t a forgiven loan to individuals or institutions.. :roll: Please do try to stay on topic.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am
kalm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

Grand Coulee Damn wasn’t a forgiven loan to individuals or institutions.. :roll: Please do try to stay on topic.
No less absurd than your meme. Do you think social spending like college tuition doesn’t bring an ROI?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am

No less absurd than your meme. Do you think social spending like college tuition doesn’t bring an ROI?
It's not a 1:1 ROI.

There are likely other programs with a higher ROI.

Does the law of diminishing returns apply?

Is part of the problem that people who took out these loans weren't smart consumers? Borrowing thousands of dollars to get a bachelors or higher degree in social work or similar or to attend a for-profit institution isn't a good idea. We need social workers but they should consider community colleges and in-state schools unless they get lots and lots of scholarship and grant money.

The loan providers need to be on the hook as well. Allow student debtors to find relief in bankruptcy and loan providers will be a lot more practical in who and for what they loan money.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am
kalm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am

Is part of the problem that people who took out these loans weren't smart consumers? Borrowing thousands of dollars to get a bachelors or higher degree in social work or similar or to attend a for-profit institution isn't a good idea. We need social workers but they should consider community colleges and in-state schools unless they get lots and lots of scholarship and grant money.

The loan providers need to be on the hook as well. Allow student debtors to find relief in bankruptcy and loan providers will be a lot more practical in who and for what they loan money.
What is the ROI? I’ve seen estimates as high as 7:1 for the original GI bill. An educated workforce increases productivity and innovation.

Totally agree on smart consumers but that can be fixed.

Also agree on the lenders. They seem to be just a well healed version of takers and grifters.

Regardless the complaints of “I had to pay mine off” deserve some sympathy but also…life isn’t fair. We lose sight of the big picture with that attitude. It’s not fair to me doesn’t mean it isn’t a positive to the overall economy. That saved money still gets spent and we all benefit from that spending.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Seriously though… :rofl:

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Joey Rotten will do everything he can to spoil and enable as many irresponsible people in this country as he possibly can, just like he did to his whore chasing drugged up idiot son. He’s pretty good at totally fucking everything up.

He’s really harming the population in the long run because Christmas Day doesn’t last forever
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:20 am

What is the ROI? I’ve seen estimates as high as 7:1 for the original GI bill. An educated workforce increases productivity and innovation.

Also agree on the lenders. They seem to be just a well healed version of takers and grifters.

Regardless the complaints of “I had to pay mine off” deserve some sympathy but also…life isn’t fair. We lose sight of the big picture with that attitude. It’s not fair to me doesn’t mean it isn’t a positive to the overall economy. That saved money still gets spent and we all benefit from that spending.
Its not saved money. Its money that is shifted to the taxpayers, and juat adds to the debt and inflationary pressures.

Using that same logic, tbat the govt paying off people’s debt is a good thing, you would have the govt paying off everyone’s debt. :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:08 pm

Its not saved money. Its money that is shifted to the taxpayers, and juat adds to the debt and inflationary pressures.

Using that same logic, tbat the govt paying off people’s debt is a good thing, you would have the govt paying off everyone’s debt. :dunce:
Congratulations. Your tax dollars help maintain the BLM land I fish at. Didn’t know you enjoyed fly fishing in WA state.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Life isn’t fair.

It’s just exactly what those people with college debt should’ve heard. Another irony is a lot of those people actually did get jobs that are making money, and could pay off some portion of their debt.

Promoting financial irresponsibility is losing sight of the big picture and will catch up with us sooner than later
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 am

Life isn’t fair.

It’s just exactly what those people with college debt should’ve heard. Another irony is a lot of those people actually did get jobs that are making money, and could pay off some portion of their debt.

Promoting financial irresponsibility is losing sight of the big picture and will catch up with us sooner than later
But a decent society strives to make it as fair as it can be. Unless you think the rule only applies to those in debt.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am Image
Cough up and stop whining. :ohno:

You won't even notice it when the trickle down starts flowing. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 am

Life isn’t fair.

But a decent society strives to make it as fair as it can be. Unless you think the rule only applies to those in debt.
There is absolutely nothing decent about theft

By paying peoples debts, all you’re doing is keeping these people in poverty looking for their next free bong
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:20 am
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 pm

By paying peoples debts, all you’re doing is keeping these people in poverty looking for their next free bong
How dare you talk about Too Big To Fail banks, defense contractors, Israel, Ukraine, Taiwan, and those who took PPP loans like that! These are titans of industry and international leaders with ribbons on their chest and Ivy League degrees!

Besides, they prefer coke and Johnny Walker Blue…not weed.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Kalmie trying to pass off Modern Monetary Theory (all government spending is good, and the more of it the better, and there is no limit to this) without anyone noticing. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:50 am

Kalmie trying to pass off Modern Monetary Theory (all government spending is good, and the more of it the better, and there is no limit to this) without anyone noticing. :ohno:
Ganny in love with contrarianism, making bad faith arguments. :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:00 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:50 am

Just keep spending, it's all good and never bad! :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:05 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:00 am

Just keep spending, it's all good and never bad! :coffee:
Just keep making bad faith arguments. It satisfies the ego. 👍
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:20 am

How dare you talk about Too Big To Fail banks, defense contractors, Israel, Ukraine, Taiwan, and those who took PPP loans like that! These are titans of industry and international leaders with ribbons on their chest and Ivy League degrees!

I’m a little short this month

What would you like to pay for me?

Mortgage?
Credit card bill?

Maybe I can ask Joey DaBozo to pay it for me

Where does it end?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:12 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 am

Mortgage?
Credit card bill?

Where does it end?
According to 2012 Cato study, we spend 100 billion a year on corporate welfare. That’s $800 per US household.

XYZ corporation thanks you for your generosity but you’ll have to get in line. :)
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:16 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:12 am

Mortgage?
Credit card bill?

Where does it end?
According to 2012 Cato study, we spend 100 billion a year on corporate welfare. That’s $800 per US household.

XYZ corporation thanks you for your generosity but you’ll have to get in line. :)
Unfortunately the line is getting longer and longer

Government dependency is what you want so Pat yourself on the back