Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by 89Hen »

Yeah, that Jon actually thinks that tells you all you need to know about how false that is.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Please - you're a zealot for the Dems, of course you'd see it that way. But that's your bias talking. Do you really think Joe Manchin is feeling the kumbya and hugs from the far left of his party? Right now, both parties cater to their own extremes - there's not a lot of "free thinking" going on amongst the power brokers in either party.
The fact that we have Joe Manchin in the party makes the Democratic Party far more free-thinking that the cult of Trump
Doesn't the GOP have similar folks like Susan Collins and Liz Cheyney? You make it seem like there are only more moderate voices in the Democratic party when there are clearly ones just like them in the GOP party, and in both cases the zealots in those parties are doing all they can to silence and dismiss those moderate voices.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:27 pm

The fact that we have Joe Manchin in the party makes the Democratic Party far more free-thinking that the cult of Trump
Doesn't the GOP have similar folks like Susan Collins and Liz Cheyney? You make it seem like there are only more moderate voices in the Democratic party when there are clearly ones just like them in the GOP party, and in both cases the zealots in those parties are doing all they can to silence and dismiss those moderate voices.
Liz Chaney isn't moderate - but she does recognize the danger that Trump presents to America - and she was promptly removed from leadership, and Trump is leading the charge to primary her (as well as every other Republican that dared to cross him).

Big difference.
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:08 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:27 pm

Liz Chaney isn't moderate - but she does recognize the danger that Trump presents to America - and she was promptly removed from leadership, and Trump is leading the charge to primary her (as well as every other Republican that dared to cross him).

Big difference.
Susan Collins then???
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:38 pm
Please - you're a zealot for the Dems, of course you'd see it that way. But that's your bias talking. Do you really think Joe Manchin is feeling the kumbya and hugs from the far left of his party? Right now, both parties cater to their own extremes - there's not a lot of "free thinking" going on amongst the power brokers in either party.
The "free thinkers" with Justice America are trying to primary Danny Davis (D - Illinois), Jim Cooper (D - Tennessee). They've talked about going after Manchin as well.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:10 am For Decades the GOP's response to low wages was, well, if you don't like it, get another job.

Now, the GOP is complaining because people did what they wanted - GOT ANOTHER JOB.

People are less willing to work for crappy wages in a service industry where both the owners/managers and the customers treat them poorly, risking their life because 30% of Americans are too ignorant to get vaccinated or selfish to wear a mask.

FACE it -the GOP wants docile sheep to accept poor wages so the owners can rake in the money. Want better employees - PAY MORE, provide better working conditions, and support your employees.
Don’t be such a drama queen. :roll: No one is risking their life to work because of the China Virus. :roll: Anyone who wants a vaccine could have gotten one a month ago, if not earlier. If you’re vaxxed, you have a slim chance of getting a mild case. Almost zero chance of dying. And wearing a worthless woke mask isn’t going to make a difference.

Pay the bottom more, then you have to pay everyone more. Then you have more inflation, and we’re right back to where we started.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 am
dbackjon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:10 am For Decades the GOP's response to low wages was, well, if you don't like it, get another job.

Now, the GOP is complaining because people did what they wanted - GOT ANOTHER JOB.

People are less willing to work for crappy wages in a service industry where both the owners/managers and the customers treat them poorly, risking their life because 30% of Americans are too ignorant to get vaccinated or selfish to wear a mask.

FACE it -the GOP wants docile sheep to accept poor wages so the owners can rake in the money. Want better employees - PAY MORE, provide better working conditions, and support your employees.
Not arguing all of this, but where do you get this idea that people "got another job"? I thought the recent stats say something like 9.3 million unemployed people, 8.1 million open jobs, and still 7.6 million less employed people than in February of 2020. That's a lot of people who haven't gotten another job.
Darn you with those pesky facts..
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:52 pm Image
The other part of the problem is why would any reasonable person go work for less. Like it or not, people who work in retail and hospitality (the two biggest industries, IIRC, facing the shortages) don't receive a livable wage. You may say serving Whoppers isn't a career but for many it is. If those people can get more by doing less, than that's just human nature. The industries are going to have to change how they pay / recruit / hire people to obtain a workforce.

Same goes with construction, landscape, tree trimmer, etc … My neighbor owns the family lawn care and tree trimming business built by his great grandfather in the 40s. He's admitted that he could pay better and that's partly to blame for him not having enough employees. He also realizes that if he increases an expense...he's going to have to raise prices. That's the nature of business. :twocents:

It's harsh to cut these people off from the extra unemployment, so many of them really struggle through no fault of their own. But at the same time - it's government ASSISTANCE but it's been transformed into government RELIANCE. If you don't want to work, fine but you aren't getting a red cent from us.

To continue receiving unemployment, don't you have to prove that you're looking for work? I'm not familiar with the system but are there any safeguards to help curb abuse of it?
I’m not trying to sound all Cleetzy here, Mark -

But it sure sounds like you are starting to hate poor people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

you are so misguided it’s almost cute.

The GOP’s response to low wages was “get trained and a BETTER job”. Never have I ever heard a GOP platform of “get another job”. And Ganny has already punctured this argument anyways with ACTUAL facts….

And nobody is risking their life in ANY job in this country except Military, cops and firemen.

And if we pay more, how can people ever afford all that Chinese crap they buy from Walmart for pennies on the dollar?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:43 pm
Ibanez wrote:
The other part of the problem is why would any reasonable person go work for less. Like it or not, people who work in retail and hospitality (the two biggest industries, IIRC, facing the shortages) don't receive a livable wage. You may say serving Whoppers isn't a career but for many it is. If those people can get more by doing less, than that's just human nature. The industries are going to have to change how they pay / recruit / hire people to obtain a workforce.

Same goes with construction, landscape, tree trimmer, etc … My neighbor owns the family lawn care and tree trimming business built by his great grandfather in the 40s. He's admitted that he could pay better and that's partly to blame for him not having enough employees. He also realizes that if he increases an expense...he's going to have to raise prices. That's the nature of business. :twocents:

It's harsh to cut these people off from the extra unemployment, so many of them really struggle through no fault of their own. But at the same time - it's government ASSISTANCE but it's been transformed into government RELIANCE. If you don't want to work, fine but you aren't getting a red cent from us.

To continue receiving unemployment, don't you have to prove that you're looking for work? I'm not familiar with the system but are there any safeguards to help curb abuse of it?
I’m not trying to sound all Cleetzy here, Mark -

:lol: wut? By suggesting that they work and not be reliant on the government?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:43 pm I’m not trying to sound all Cleetzy here, Mark -

:lol: wut? By suggesting that they work and not be reliant on the government?
That is precisely the point in the conversation where he would lament Republican dislike of the poor

I’m partially trying to coax him out

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:54 pm Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:40 pm Image
:rofl: :notworthy: :rofl: :notworthy:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:54 pm Image

:lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

:?

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:37 pm Image

MSNBC
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:21 am Image

Two of Kamalamalamala’s “travel staff” just quit! :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:15 pm

MSNBC
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:15 pm

MSNBC
:rofl: