Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19509
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 27430
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Gil Dobie »

Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7277
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:41 am
I am a fan of: Delaware

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

Joe made his first change to the White House decor.
Image

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19509
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56345
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:13 am Image
:dunce: Wow....that's a huge swing and a miss.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10427
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 am Image
Have you seen the thought that when someone has COVID, it makes it impossible to get the flu? Almost like a competitive inhibition type action. Just a theory right now, but it's what they are going with to explain the drop in flu cases. Not sure I buy into that one quit yet.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10383
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:35 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 am Image
Have you seen the thought that when someone has COVID, it makes it impossible to get the flu? Almost like a competitive inhibition type action. Just a theory right now, but it's what they are going with to explain the drop in flu cases. Not sure I buy into that one quit yet.
Isn't it obvious that flu cases are dropping because more people are limiting their contacts with others and practicing better hygiene? It might not be enough to stop COVID but it is conducive to a drop in flu cases.
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10427
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:46 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Have you seen the thought that when someone has COVID, it makes it impossible to get the flu? Almost like a competitive inhibition type action. Just a theory right now, but it's what they are going with to explain the drop in flu cases. Not sure I buy into that one quit yet.
Isn't it obvious that flu cases are dropping because more people are limiting their contacts with others and practicing better hygiene? It might not be enough to stop COVID but it is conducive to a drop in flu cases.
You bet it helps, but the virtual drop off to relatively nil has many questioning what is going on and hence the theory of inhibition.

I've espoused the benefits of better personal hygiene many times on this board as being a major factor in the reduction of illnesses. I would go so far as to say wearing a mask is helping to train people to realize how much they really touch their faces with dirty hands.

In regards to the meme, people can't have it both ways. Flu is dropping because of the adherence to masks and social distancing, but they are getting COVID because they aren't. Cold and flu have the same vectors in regards to masks and distancing.

To add to this, if you ran a laboratory and you got reimbursement of either $100 or $16.50 for test, which would you run? Especially since the $100 is being allowed with very little criteria.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19509
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Image
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48342
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Isn't it obvious that flu cases are dropping because more people are limiting their contacts with others and practicing better hygiene? It might not be enough to stop COVID but it is conducive to a drop in flu cases.
You bet it helps, but the virtual drop off to relatively nil has many questioning what is going on and hence the theory of inhibition.

I've espoused the benefits of better personal hygiene many times on this board as being a major factor in the reduction of illnesses. I would go so far as to say wearing a mask is helping to train people to realize how much they really touch their faces with dirty hands.

In regards to the meme, people can't have it both ways. Flu is dropping because of the adherence to masks and social distancing, but they are getting COVID because they aren't. Cold and flu have the same vectors in regards to masks and distancing.

To add to this, if you ran a laboratory and you got reimbursement of either $100 or $16.50 for test, which would you run? Especially since the $100 is being allowed with very little criteria.
That last line has been debunked.

Do the Flu and Covid have the same infection rates? IOW's is one more contagious than the other?
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 27430
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Isn't it obvious that flu cases are dropping because more people are limiting their contacts with others and practicing better hygiene? It might not be enough to stop COVID but it is conducive to a drop in flu cases.
You bet it helps, but the virtual drop off to relatively nil has many questioning what is going on and hence the theory of inhibition.

I've espoused the benefits of better personal hygiene many times on this board as being a major factor in the reduction of illnesses. I would go so far as to say wearing a mask is helping to train people to realize how much they really touch their faces with dirty hands.

In regards to the meme, people can't have it both ways. Flu is dropping because of the adherence to masks and social distancing, but they are getting COVID because they aren't. Cold and flu have the same vectors in regards to masks and distancing.

To add to this, if you ran a laboratory and you got reimbursement of either $100 or $16.50 for test, which would you run? Especially since the $100 is being allowed with very little criteria.
52,000 flu cases since last February 2, and you say the flu cases are dropping. ? :facepalm:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10427
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:30 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

You bet it helps, but the virtual drop off to relatively nil has many questioning what is going on and hence the theory of inhibition.

I've espoused the benefits of better personal hygiene many times on this board as being a major factor in the reduction of illnesses. I would go so far as to say wearing a mask is helping to train people to realize how much they really touch their faces with dirty hands.

In regards to the meme, people can't have it both ways. Flu is dropping because of the adherence to masks and social distancing, but they are getting COVID because they aren't. Cold and flu have the same vectors in regards to masks and distancing.

To add to this, if you ran a laboratory and you got reimbursement of either $100 or $16.50 for test, which would you run? Especially since the $100 is being allowed with very little criteria.
That last line has been debunked.

Do the Flu and Covid have the same infection rates? IOW's is one more contagious than the other?
The line that COVID payouts are higher than flu testing payouts?

If so, link please.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56345
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:Image
Right!!??? Why didn’t Trump do anything? Fucking pussy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48342
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:43 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:30 pm

That last line has been debunked.

Do the Flu and Covid have the same infection rates? IOW's is one more contagious than the other?
The line that COVID payouts are higher than flu testing payouts?

If so, link please.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospi ... ath-count/
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10427
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:46 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Have you seen the thought that when someone has COVID, it makes it impossible to get the flu? Almost like a competitive inhibition type action. Just a theory right now, but it's what they are going with to explain the drop in flu cases. Not sure I buy into that one quit yet.
Isn't it obvious that flu cases are dropping because more people are limiting their contacts with others and practicing better hygiene? It might not be enough to stop COVID but it is conducive to a drop in flu cases.
I was thinking about this a little more and believe you could be correct on a couple aspects. As COVID is a new version of the cold, people could have lower immunity vs the flu and thus "catch" it more easily.

The other would be the difference in mechanisms in how they infect. By virtue of how the two enter a person's system, COVID might due a better job.

With that being said, I don't know of any studies at this point that prove those out, but they bolster your statement...but, still doesn't explain all of the drop.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10427
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

You bet it helps, but the virtual drop off to relatively nil has many questioning what is going on and hence the theory of inhibition.

I've espoused the benefits of better personal hygiene many times on this board as being a major factor in the reduction of illnesses. I would go so far as to say wearing a mask is helping to train people to realize how much they really touch their faces with dirty hands.

In regards to the meme, people can't have it both ways. Flu is dropping because of the adherence to masks and social distancing, but they are getting COVID because they aren't. Cold and flu have the same vectors in regards to masks and distancing.

To add to this, if you ran a laboratory and you got reimbursement of either $100 or $16.50 for test, which would you run? Especially since the $100 is being allowed with very little criteria.
52,000 flu cases since last February 2, and you say the flu cases are dropping. ? :facepalm:
This is the CDC's ILINet Graph. Look at how much lower it is than the baseline and other seasons.

Site link: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Image
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11662
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Image
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10383
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:17 pm Image
True - :lol: and tragic - :cry: at the same time.

Good to see you back here Trip.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11662
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:30 pmGood to see you back here Trip.
Thanks. Mostly been dealin' with the HR of Antifa tryin' to figure where my Soros bucks went for the psyop Q thing I did.

Image
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19509
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:13 pm
BDKJMU wrote:Image
Right!!??? Why didn’t Trump do anything? Fucking pussy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And absent federalization, who controls the Nat Guard? :dunce:
And if Trump had federalized them against the ANTIFA/BLM riots, the left would have gone apeshit, been calling him racist, Hitler, etc..
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11662
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Image
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 27430
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:13 pm
Right!!??? Why didn’t Trump do anything? Fucking pussy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And absent federalization, who controls the Nat Guard? :dunce:
And if Trump had federalized them against the ANTIFA/BLM riots, the left would have gone apeshit, been calling him racist, Hitler, etc..
Once deployed, the National Guard stopped the riots in Minnesota.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 27430
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm

52,000 flu cases since last February 2, and you say the flu cases are dropping. ? :facepalm:
This is the CDC's ILINet Graph. Look at how much lower it is than the baseline and other seasons.

Site link: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Image
My post was for 2020, your post is for 2020-2021 flu season. In previous years for example, most of the people I work with, that didn't get the flu shot, got the flu, because they were in the same office working side by side. This year, everyone is working from home, no flu, no taking it home and sharing it with family and spreading it to their work or schools. You hoaxers have a tough time with this spread and reduce the spread idea. :kisswink:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15375
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:36 pm Image
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14938
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:36 pm Image
Math. :mrgreen:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Post Reply