houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:40 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:29 am I guess it wasn’t a hoax after all.

Has anyone really said that the Russian government, or parts of that government, didn't try to interfere in the election? Heck, I assume they, like us, try to interfere in every election, and have been doing so since at least 1917.

The issue and the topic of this thread, however, was whether there was active involvement by the candidates in the 2016 election with the Russians in an attempt to help them interfere with the election and to use them to help themselves win. But hey, details, I get it. :coffee:
Russia, I hope you're listening. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Where's Jelly. He said Shokin was corrupt. Now we're seeing he wasn't corrupt at all, the Burisma head guy simply wanted him gone and Joe bragged about it.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:56 pm Where's Jelly. He said Shokin was corrupt. Now we're seeing he wasn't corrupt at all, the Burisma head guy simply wanted him gone and Joe bragged about it.

Does it have to be one or the other? Couldn't Zlochevsky and Shokin both be corrupt?

PSA: Charlie Kirk doesn't have the brain processing power to otherwise be taken really seriously.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:21 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:56 pm Where's Jelly. He said Shokin was corrupt. Now we're seeing he wasn't corrupt at all, the Burisma head guy simply wanted him gone and Joe bragged about it.

Does it have to be one or the other? Couldn't Zlochevsky and Shokin both be corrupt?

PSA: Charlie Kirk doesn't have the brain processing power to otherwise be taken really seriously.
He's taking his information from The Daily Caller. They have the story.

In regards to Shokin, recently revealed communications, after he was vilified, state he was doing a great job. Who knows, but when Joe gets $5 million to make him go away and then brags about withholding 1billion for Ukraine as the leverage, it sure looks sketchy.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:01 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:21 pm

In regards to Shokin, recently revealed communications, after he was vilified, state he was doing a great job. Who knows, but when Joe gets $5 million to make him go away and then brags about withholding 1billion for Ukraine as the leverage, it sure looks sketchy.
Recently revealed communications? No link, no believe. Link to some rightwing echo chamber without corroborating evidence from a credible site, then it's an entertainment/opinion piece.

Withholding $214 million appropriated by Congress to the DOD for security assistance to Ukraine sketchy?

Has Biden done anything nefarious that trump didn't do first? And $214 million to $1 billion? I thought everything trump did was YUGE! How does Biden keeping doing it YUGER? Whoever voted for that slacker trump should punch themselves in the head right now.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:35 pm

Recently revealed communications? No link, no believe. Link to some rightwing echo chamber without corroborating evidence from a credible site, then it's an entertainment/opinion piece.

Withholding $214 million appropriated by Congress to the DOD for security assistance to Ukraine sketchy?

Has Biden done anything nefarious that trump didn't do first? And $214 million to $1 billion? I thought everything trump did was YUGE! How does Biden keeping doing it YUGER? Whoever voted for that slacker trump should punch themselves in the head right now.
The article was a long time ago. Believe I posted it in this thread because I remember Jelly saying he was corrupt.

Trump withheld 1billion dollars from Ukraine to get an inspector fired, who was investigating Burisma, who also happened to be giving Hunter $85k a month? Didn't know that.

Hmm, wonder what Ukraine impeachment was about when Trump inquired about the Biden's in Ukraine?

Edit: Was in the Ukraine thread.

https://justthenews.com/accountability/ ... asts-doubt
But the memos obtained by Just the News and the Southeastern Legal Foundation under a Freedom of Information Act request show senior State Department officials — including then-Secretary of State John Kerry — were sending the opposite message to Shokin the summer before his firing.

"We have been impressed with the ambitious reform and anti-corruption agenda of your government," then-Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland personally wrote Shokin in an official letter dated June 9, 2015 that was delivered to the prosecutor two days later by then-U.S. Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt.

Nuland, now President Biden's undersecretary of state, wrote that "Secretary Kerry asked me to reply on his behalf" to let Shokin know he enjoyed the full support of the United States as he set out to fight endemic corruption in the former Soviet republic
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:46 pm

The article was a long time ago. Believe I posted it in this thread because I remember Jelly saying he was corrupt.

Trump withheld 1billion dollars from Ukraine to get an inspector fired, who was investigating Burisma, who also happened to be giving Hunter $85k a month? Didn't know that.

Hmm, wonder what Ukraine impeachment was about when Trump inquired about the Biden's in Ukraine?

But the memos obtained by Just the News and the Southeastern Legal Foundation under a Freedom of Information Act request show senior State Department officials — including then-Secretary of State John Kerry — were sending the opposite message to Shokin the summer before his firing.

"We have been impressed with the ambitious reform and anti-corruption agenda of your government," then-Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland personally wrote Shokin in an official letter dated June 9, 2015 that was delivered to the prosecutor two days later by then-U.S. Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt.

Nuland, now President Biden's undersecretary of state, wrote that "Secretary Kerry asked me to reply on his behalf" to let Shokin know he enjoyed the full support of the United States as he set out to fight endemic corruption in the former Soviet republic
trump only withheld $214 million because he's a slacker compared to Biden. When Biden does it, he does it YUGER than trump. :D
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:41 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:46 pm

trump only withheld $214 million because he's a slacker compared to Biden. When Biden does it, he does it YUGER than trump. :D
Trump - The Art of the Deal
Biden - The Art of the Shakedown
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:41 pm

Trump - The Art of the Deal
Biden - The Art of the Shakedown
The Art of the Deal ... :rofl: I wouldn't trust trump to run a lemonade stand in my old driveway. He couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag. He would have more money if he'd invested his inheritance from daddy in an S&P 500 fund. Speaking of fantasies, he's a highly leveraged silver spoon millionaire who identifies as a billionaire. :-P
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Has Biden done anything nefarious that trump didn't do first?”

Yep

1988 for starters
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:07 am

Yep

1988 for starters
Do you really want to compare Biden's nefarious deeds to trump's? Both will be long, long lists. Neither is fit to be President.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

So who is fit to be President?

Why would anyone want that job?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:46 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:07 am

Yep

1988 for starters
Do you really want to compare Biden's nefarious deeds to trump's? Both will be long, long lists. Neither is fit to be President.
We don't get that choice. Who's better for Americans?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:46 am
Wrong, you do have a choice. You could have voted for:
- Gary Johnson or Jill Stein in 2016
- Jo Jorgensen or Howie Hawkins in 2020

Any of those were better for Americans than trump, Hillary or Biden.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:31 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:04 pm

Wrong, you do have a choice. You could have voted for:

I voted for "where's Aleppo"Johnson in 2016.

I'm saying it's going to be either Biden or Trump. Who is the lesser of two evils? Who would you vote for if you had to choose between the two?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:31 pm Wrong, you do have a choice. You could have voted for:

I'm saying it's going to be either Biden or Trump. Who is the lesser of two evils? Who would you vote for if you had to choose between the two?
Where’s Aleppo isn’t as egregious as Grab them by the pussy.

I don’t know who I’d vote for if I had to choose between those 2 buffoons. I’d probably either flip a coin or not vote in a presidential election for the first time since I turned 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:32 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

I don’t know who I’d vote for if I had to choose between those 2 buffoons. I’d probably either flip a coin or not vote in a presidential election for the first time since I turned 18.

Cop out reply. You've got plenty of opinion, but can't decide? Puhleaze.

Who's economic plan would be better for America. Almost all other activity is shaped due to that policy.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:48 am

Who's economic plan would be better for America. Almost all other activity is shaped due to that policy.
My reply is a cop out? I think it's a cop out that people who identify as Christian rabidly support a serial rapist, philanderer, cheat, etc. If they hadn't joined trump's cult the Republican party might have nominated a candidate with a thimble of scruples that I could vote for. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Biden is more sustainable and better for working people. It has issues too tho.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:36 am

My reply is a cop out? I think it's a cop out that people who identify as Christian rabidly support a serial rapist, philanderer, cheat, etc. If they hadn't joined trump's cult the Republican party might have nominated a candidate with a thimble of scruples that I could vote for. :coffee:
Yes. Cop out. You still can't pick one, but keep deflecting with your weak ass replies. You're still misrepresenting how Christianity works as well.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Thank you for choosing. Can you tell me why you think Biden is more sustainable and better?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:06 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Thank you for choosing. Can you tell me why you think Biden is more sustainable and better?
Infrastructure spending, environmental focus, unions, no new high end tax cuts. It would be nice to see pushes for paid family leave, healthcare costs, and education costs but I won’t hold my breath.

The progressives are mad at him for not going nearly far enough to help and the libertarians think he’s a Marxist. A centrist should be happy with him.

8-)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:20 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:06 pm

Infrastructure spending, environmental focus, unions, no new high end tax cuts. It would be nice to see pushes for paid family leave, healthcare costs, and education costs but I won’t hold my breath.

The progressives are mad at him for not going nearly far enough to help and the libertarians think he’s a Marxist. A centrist should be happy with him.

8-)
Fair enough. Thanks for the information.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:36 am
Yes. Cop out. You still can't pick one, but keep deflecting with your weak ass replies. You're still misrepresenting how Christianity works as well.
Asking me to make that choice is like asking me how I want to commit suicide, drive off a cliff or shoot myself in the head. Sorry I refuse to pick either.

How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not talking about Christianity. I'm talking about people who identify as Christians. Saying you're a Christian and/or attending a Christian church does not automatically make one a Christian. I know we're all flawed and God doesn't expect us to be perfect but IMO s/he does expect us to put a little effort into it. Raging bigots and bullies aren't trying and it's fair to question whether they're really Christian.

Neither party has given me a candidate worth voting for in the last 2 Presidential elections. Obama was the last one that was close and I didn't vote for him either. Is it my fault that the parties won't stand up to corrupt narcissistic bullies (trump) or corrupt special interests (Biden) and give the American people a candidate with a tiny amount of scruples & leadership chops?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:19 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:04 pm

Asking me to make that choice is like asking me how I want to commit suicide, drive off a cliff or shoot myself in the head. Sorry I refuse to pick either.

How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not talking about Christianity. I'm talking about people who identify as Christians. Saying you're a Christian and/or attending a Christian church does not automatically make one a Christian. I know we're all flawed and God doesn't expect us to be perfect but IMO s/he does expect us to put a little effort into it. Raging bigots and bullies aren't trying and it's fair to question whether they're really Christian.

Neither party has given me a candidate worth voting for in the last 2 Presidential elections. Obama was the last one that was close and I didn't vote for him either. Is it my fault that the parties won't stand up to corrupt narcissistic bullies (trump) or corrupt special interests (Biden) and give the American people a candidate with a tiny amount of scruples & leadership chops?
Being Christian doesn't mean you are perfect. That's an oldy, but a goody. You are implying how well you score on the "good Christian" scale determines if you are a good Christian. Quantifying salvation.

No it's not your fault.