Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by BDKJMU »

FBI Official Who Investigated Trump for Russian Collusion Gets Arrested for Russian Collusion

Former agent Charles McGonigal, who headed up counterintelligence for the FBI’s New York field office during the Trump-Russia saga, was placed under arrest for allegedly taking payments from Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.…
McGonigal retired from the FBI in 2018. He was arrested Saturday afternoon after he arrived at JFK Airport following travel in Sri Lanka, the sources said.

He was charged along with a court interpreter, Sergey Shestakov, who also worked with Deripaska.

McGonigal, 54, is charged with violating U.S. sanctions by trying to get Deripaska off the sanctions list. McGonigal is one of the highest ranking former FBI officials ever charged with a crime.

McGonigal and Shestakov, who worked for the FBI investigating oligarchs, allegedly agreed in 2021 to investigate a rival Russian oligarch in return for payments from Deripaska, according to the Justice Department. McGonigal and Shestakov are accused of receiving payments through shell companies and forging signatures in order to keep it a secret that Deripaska was paying them.

Both face money laundering charges in addition to charges for violating sanctions. Each of four counts carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison….
https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-fbi-of ... d=96609658

So the people investigating Trump for colluding with Russia, were actually the ones colluding with Russia. You can’t make this stuff up. More the proof that the Trump/Russian collusion investigation was a complete sham..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:42 pm
FBI Official Who Investigated Trump for Russian Collusion Gets Arrested for Russian Collusion

Former agent Charles McGonigal, who headed up counterintelligence for the FBI’s New York field office during the Trump-Russia saga, was placed under arrest for allegedly taking payments from Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.…
McGonigal retired from the FBI in 2018. He was arrested Saturday afternoon after he arrived at JFK Airport following travel in Sri Lanka, the sources said.

He was charged along with a court interpreter, Sergey Shestakov, who also worked with Deripaska.

McGonigal, 54, is charged with violating U.S. sanctions by trying to get Deripaska off the sanctions list. McGonigal is one of the highest ranking former FBI officials ever charged with a crime.

McGonigal and Shestakov, who worked for the FBI investigating oligarchs, allegedly agreed in 2021 to investigate a rival Russian oligarch in return for payments from Deripaska, according to the Justice Department. McGonigal and Shestakov are accused of receiving payments through shell companies and forging signatures in order to keep it a secret that Deripaska was paying them.

Both face money laundering charges in addition to charges for violating sanctions. Each of four counts carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison….

So the people investigating Trump for colluding with Russia, were actually the ones colluding with Russia. You can’t make this stuff up. More the proof that the Trump/Russian collusion investigation was a complete sham..
That’s an interesting take. It also looks like the guy investigating Trump was paid by Deripaska who was also paying Manafort.

Who knows?

At least the deep state has been investigating one of their own. Or were they?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:18 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:42 pm

That’s an interesting take. It also looks like the guy investigating Trump was paid by Deripaska who was also paying Manafort.

Who knows?

You're comparing timelines that don't match. Look into WHEN Manafort got his money and the fact the FBI knew about it long before Manafort was involved with Trump. The FBI also let Manafort go over the money one time and then came back to get him during Trump. It was almost like double jeopardy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:49 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:18 pm

Who knows?

You're comparing timelines that don't match. Look into WHEN Manafort got his money and the fact the FBI knew about it long before Manafort was involved with Trump. The FBI also let Manafort go over the money one time and then came back to get him during Trump. It was almost like double jeopardy.
So Manafort learned his lesson or was clean when Trump hired him? Just a coincidence at that point?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:01 am

So Manafort learned his lesson or was clean when Trump hired him? Just a coincidence at that point?
I'll see if I can find info because it was a long time ago. Best of my memory. Might not be 100% accurate, but you get the gist from it.

Manafort was working with Tony Podesta doing their usual in which they took 40 million from Deripaska to lobby for him. Neither one apparently filed their FARA paperwork letting the government know they were registered to lobby in behalf of Deripaska. Anyway, as usual, some weird shit was happening and the FBI was curious about the 40 million, but after looking into it, let Manafort and Podesta off the hook.

It was during Russia collusion that the FBI came back and for some reason let Podesta file his FARA paperwork and close up shop, but went after Manafort. The "crime" Manafort committed happened years before he worked for Trump.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:09 am

I'll see if I can find info because it was a long time ago. Best of my memory. Might not be 100% accurate, but you get the gist from it.

Manafort was working with Tony Podesta doing their usual in which they took 40 million from Deripaska to lobby for him. Neither one apparently filed their FARA paperwork letting the government know they were registered to lobby in behalf of Deripaska. Anyway, as usual, some weird shit was happening and the FBI was curious about the 40 million, but after looking into it, let Manafort and Podesta off the hook.

It was during Russia collusion that the FBI came back and for some reason let Podesta file his FARA paperwork and close up shop, but went after Manafort. The "crime" Manafort committed happened years before he worked for Trump.
Sure.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

https://apnews.com/article/north-americ ... SocialFlow

See. Wasn't about what Mueller was looking for. Manafort was mucking around Ukraine with Tony Podesta. He got in trouble over lack of FARA paperwork and not paying taxes on his "consulting" income. A case they previously let go because it was small potatoes.
Manafort was prosecuted as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, but this case isn’t related to Donald Trump’s campaign. It stems from his overseas work advising politicians in Ukraine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:28 am

See. Wasn't about what Mueller was looking for. Manafort was mucking around Ukraine with Tony Podesta. He got in trouble over lack of FARA paperwork and not paying taxes on his "consulting" income. A case they previously let go because it was small potatoes.
Manafort was prosecuted as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, but this case isn’t related to Donald Trump’s campaign. It stems from his overseas work advising politicians in Ukraine
Right. So just coincidence.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:28 am

Yes. Just a coincidence Manafort already went to court over the money previously and nothing was done. Just a coincidence Tony Podesta, brother of Hildabeast campaign manager John Podesta gets to file his missing FARA paperwork and close up shop without getting in trouble.

I've now thoroughly debunked two of your Russia collusion beliefs.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:59 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:32 am

Yes. Just a coincidence Manafort already went to court over the money previously and nothing was done. Just a coincidence Tony Podesta, brother of Hildabeast campaign manager John Podesta gets to file his missing FARA paperwork and close up shop without getting in trouble.

I've now thoroughly debunked two of your Russia collusion beliefs.
Ok. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Interesting connections…

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:27 am Interesting connections…

I wonder what it would be like now after Snyder and Filipkowski's turds of threads on Russia collusion and trump?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

John Durham has some explaining to do.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:02 pm John Durham has some explaining to do.
Mueller was the bondo and Durham was the spray paint on the cover up of illegally surveiling Trump with NSA tools.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:48 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:02 pm John Durham has some explaining to do.
Mueller was the bondo and Durham was the spray paint on the cover up of illegally surveiling Trump with NSA tools.
You may want to read up further.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:06 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:48 pm
You may want to stop getting your news from your biased right-wing echo chamber and instead get it from my equally biased left-wing echo chamber.
FYP
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:28 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:06 pm

You may want to stop getting your news from your biased right-wing echo chamber and instead get it from my equally biased left-wing echo chamber.
FYP
You seem angry about the news that something bad might have happened. :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:28 pm
FYP
Angry? I think it's funny that you think your sources are better than SG's when I would rate them as similar from a bias and reliability perspective. I also think it's funny that you dismiss Taibbi's tweets as turds but want everyone to buy Snyder's tweets.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:02 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm

Angry? I think it's funny that you think your sources are better than SG's when I would rate them as similar from a bias and reliability perspective. I also think it's funny that you dismiss Taibbi's tweets as turds but want everyone to buy Snyder's tweets.
I posted one Snyder tweet after I saw that today and after I read his bio to see his credentials. Embellishing this as “wanting everyone to buy Snyder’s tweets” is similar to comparing Greenwald and Filipkowski (one is a journalist who posts links to his stories and others and one is a Republican former prosecutor who mostly retweets and shows videos of MAGA in their own words in case you still hadn’t figured that out yet). Or comparing the conservative treehouse to legacy media.

Lol.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm You seem angry about the news that something bad might have happened. :)
All of klam’s sources eventually become his bêtes noire.

Remember, he once told us RT was a reputable outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm
UNI88 wrote:

Well hello, CID!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The deep state!
Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham never disclosed that their inquiry expanded in the fall of 2019, based on a tip from Italian officials, to include a criminal investigation into suspicious financial dealings related to Mr. Trump. The specifics of the tip and how they handled the investigation remain unclear, but Mr. Durham brought no charges over it[...]On one of Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham’s trips to Europe, according to people familiar with the matter, Italian officials — while denying any role in setting off the Russia investigation — unexpectedly offered a potentially explosive tip linking Mr. Trump to certain suspected financial crimes. Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham decided that the tip was too serious and credible to ignore. But rather than assign it to another prosecutor, Mr. Barr had Mr. Durham investigate the matter himself — giving him criminal prosecution powers for the first time — even though the possible wrongdoing by Mr. Trump did not fall squarely within Mr. Durham’s assignment to scrutinize the origins of the Russia inquiry, the people said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/p ... -barr.html
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm
UNI88 wrote:

*noires :mrgreen:

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:52 am The deep state!
Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham never disclosed that their inquiry expanded in the fall of 2019, based on a tip from Italian officials, to include a criminal investigation into suspicious financial dealings related to Mr. Trump. The specifics of the tip and how they handled the investigation remain unclear, but Mr. Durham brought no charges over it[...]On one of Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham’s trips to Europe, according to people familiar with the matter, Italian officials — while denying any role in setting off the Russia investigation — unexpectedly offered a potentially explosive tip linking Mr. Trump to certain suspected financial crimes. Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham decided that the tip was too serious and credible to ignore. But rather than assign it to another prosecutor, Mr. Barr had Mr. Durham investigate the matter himself — giving him criminal prosecution powers for the first time — even though the possible wrongdoing by Mr. Trump did not fall squarely within Mr. Durham’s assignment to scrutinize the origins of the Russia inquiry, the people said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/p ... -barr.html
SD/SG? I thought you Durham folk would be all over this...what's the real story? :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky