Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm
houndawg wrote:
Does a sailboat use separate batteries for the motor?

I wonder what the battery from the new F-150 could do in a marine application
Typically, with a conventional rig which involves a diesel auxiliary, you have a house bank that runs the boat, and a dedicated bank to start the auxiliary diesel. That’s because conventional rigs rely at least marginally on the alternator to charge the house bank. So they are separate.

Now, with some boats going electric, you don’t need separate battery banks. The really sexy stuff is in regenerative charging - i.e. - when you arent running the electric motor, the prop spins freely, recharging the bank. Add enough solar and wind to that and you’re in business.

I plan to do most of my cruising in higher latitudes, up to and including the Arctic Circle, so I’m interested in the new battery tech coming out that will help me when Im getting sun just 20% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st - That sounds like a really cool way to spend your retirement.
2nd - The regenerative charging is such a smart idea. You would think that something like that should / would become standard or a fairly easy update to an existing system.
3rd - The Artic Circle - Why? Also, aside from it being in the north pole - how far north will you go and are sail boats today well designed to combat the ice (if you go too far north?) I know next to nothing about the AC so excuse the ignorance.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm Typically, with a conventional rig which involves a diesel auxiliary, you have a house bank that runs the boat, and a dedicated bank to start the auxiliary diesel. That’s because conventional rigs rely at least marginally on the alternator to charge the house bank. So they are separate.

Now, with some boats going electric, you don’t need separate battery banks. The really sexy stuff is in regenerative charging - i.e. - when you arent running the electric motor, the prop spins freely, recharging the bank. Add enough solar and wind to that and you’re in business.

I plan to do most of my cruising in higher latitudes, up to and including the Arctic Circle, so I’m interested in the new battery tech coming out that will help me when Im getting sun just 20% of the time.

1st - That sounds like a really cool way to spend your retirement.
2nd - The regenerative charging is such a smart idea. You would think that something like that should / would become standard or a fairly easy update to an existing system.
3rd - The Artic Circle - Why? Also, aside from it being in the north pole - how far north will you go and are sail boats today well designed to combat the ice (if you go too far north?) I know next to nothing about the AC so excuse the ignorance.
Ice is dependent on current so ice fields are like land - they stay in predictable places, year round. Ice predictions are also included in weather forecasts. If you arent on a deadline, then there’s no reason or excuse to be out in ice or bad weather.

Plenty of Scandinavia, the Canadian PNW, Iceland, Greenland, north Atlantic islands etc are “up to and including the Arctic Circle”

And on the other end, there’s Chile, Argentina, New Zealand, and even Antarctica in the summer month

Lying in my bunk in the Caribbean sweating my ass off is not my idea of fun

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm
houndawg wrote:
Does a sailboat use separate batteries for the motor?

I wonder what the battery from the new F-150 could do in a marine application
Typically, with a conventional rig which involves a diesel auxiliary, you have a house bank that runs the boat, and a dedicated bank to start the auxiliary diesel. That’s because conventional rigs rely at least marginally on the alternator to charge the house bank. So they are separate.

Same as the braking on a hybrid/electric car I assume; the prop will be creating drag when its charging batteries, but you won't be in a hurry. Does something like the marine equivalent of a variable-pitch propeller exist for boats?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm Typically, with a conventional rig which involves a diesel auxiliary, you have a house bank that runs the boat, and a dedicated bank to start the auxiliary diesel. That’s because conventional rigs rely at least marginally on the alternator to charge the house bank. So they are separate.

Same as the braking on a hybrid/electric car I assume; the prop will be creating drag when its charging batteries, but you won't be in a hurry. Does something like the marine equivalent of a variable-pitch propeller exist for boats?
Yes but on sailboats they are generally just two-position: fully deployed and fully feathered

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Fusion GPS desperate to keep Alfa Bank from discovery process. So much so, their attorney tried to negotiate via back channel means and was rebuffed by Alfa Bank as unethical, which is true.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Devin Nunes says Durham report is coming and people will go to jail.

Not buying it. At this point I don't even know if there really is a man named Durham.

https://saraacarter.com/nunes-john-durh ... to-prison/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:23 pm

Lying in my bunk in the Caribbean sweating my ass off is not my idea of fun

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless it's with 2-3 LBFM's....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So jelly, you gonna take the story below and run with if for another 4 years, or nah? :lol: :dunce:

Maybe it's real this time. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I'm not worried about this thread lasting another 4 years. Waiting for Durham's investigation to surpass Mueller's indictment count.... is going to be a long wait. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:16 pm I'm not worried about this thread lasting another 4 years. Waiting for Durham's investigation to surpass Mueller's indictment count.... is going to be a long wait. :lol:
Well, when the FISA court head judge, Judge Boasberg, finally gets someone who made his process look like shit and only slaps him (Clinesmith) on the hand for lying...I wouldn't expect much either.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:54 pm So jelly, you gonna take the story below and run with if for another 4 years, or nah? :lol: :dunce:

Probably Real Leak.

Question is, is it gas-lighting from the Kremlin to see who bites, or is it actually what happened.
:thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:04 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:16 pm I'm not worried about this thread lasting another 4 years. Waiting for Durham's investigation to surpass Mueller's indictment count.... is going to be a long wait. :lol:
Well, when the FISA court head judge, Judge Boasberg, finally gets someone who made his process look like shit and only slaps him (Clinesmith) on the hand for lying...I wouldn't expect much either.
:cry:

Why bring no other indictments?

You were the one always going on about Grand Juries indicting hand sandwiches. But, the Grand Jury basically rolled their eyes at the prosecutors re: McCabe. And, nothing else?

Clinesmith was it. He was the entire Deep State. :rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:53 pm

You were the one always going on about Grand Juries indicting hand sandwiches. But, the Grand Jury basically rolled their eyes at the prosecutors re: McCabe. And, nothing else?

I think you are missing my point. If Boasberg is only willing to give Clinesmith, a guy who knowingly lied about Carter Page in filling out the FISA and only gave him a slap on the wrist, I don't see the swamp doing much to anyone else.

Hell, look at James Wolfe. Caught texting the almost 90 page Carter Page FISA to his girlfriend, Ali Watkins. Wolfe simply threatens to bring in members of the SSCI and all of a sudden, Wolfe is pretty much scot free. It's because the Dems on the SSCI gave it to him to release to the media.

And for the record, I from the beginning, have said there would be no collusion for the Dems and nobody going to jail for the Reps. A total wash. Seen it too many times with our government.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:18 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:54 pm So jelly, you gonna take the story below and run with if for another 4 years, or nah? :lol: :dunce:

Probably Real Leak.

Question is, is it gas-lighting from the Kremlin to see who bites, or is it actually what happened.
Well it worked on idiots like jelly for the past 4 years, why not try it again. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Thats ham sandwich, 'jelly. A hand sandwich would be SG's date Friday night... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 pm

I think you are missing my point. If Boasberg is only willing to give Clinesmith, a guy who knowingly lied about Carter Page in filling out the FISA and only gave him a slap on the wrist, I don't see the swamp doing much to anyone else.

Hell, look at James Wolfe. Caught texting the almost 90 page Carter Page FISA to his girlfriend, Ali Watkins. Wolfe simply threatens to bring in members of the SSCI and all of a sudden, Wolfe is pretty much scot free. It's because the Dems on the SSCI gave it to him to release to the media.

And for the record, I from the beginning, have said there would be no collusion for the Dems and nobody going to jail for the Reps. A total wash. Seen it too many times with our government.
Very nice - so that's zero indictments from the Durham investigation?.... Which, btw, has now lasted longer than the Mueller investigation? Shouldn't there at least have been a few leaks by now? Its almost like he doesn't have anything...
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Tony Podesta back at it! Good to be an upstanding citizen, unlike Manafort.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ton ... nistration
Tony Podesta Hired By Huawei To 'Warm Relations With Biden Administration
'
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:18 pm

Probably Real Leak.

or both
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Dun Surber nails it again.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/09/ ... s.html?m=1
"The indictment accuses Sussmann of hiding that he was working with Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign during a September 2016 conversation he had with the FBI’s general counsel, when he relayed concerns from cybersecurity researchers about potentially suspicious contacts between Russia-based Alfa Bank and a Trump organization server. The FBI looked into the matter but found no connections. Sussmann is a former federal prosecutor who specializes in cybersecurity."

Let me be the first to say "Sussman did not kill himself."

Of course, Sussmann is just the fall guy taking one for the team.

He'll keep his trap shut because he knows Arkancide is real. Besides, he's taken care of. Oh, he won't get a book deal like Jimmy the Weasel Comey got for letting Hillary off the hook in her emailing of state secrets to Red China.

Durham knows this. The deal is to go after the little guys first and work you way up to the statue of limitations expiring because, hey, Durham does not want anyone someday writing, "Durham did not kill himself."
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Every time jelly hope this whole Russia Hoax gets memory holed, something like this comes along and we get to :rofl: all over again at what a stupid mother fucker he is for pedaling absolute bull shit for 4 years.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

I'm sure if we search this thread, jelly likely posted this bullshit article. But rather than search, I'll just :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: even more at him.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 pm Every time jelly hope this whole Russia Hoax gets memory holed, something like this comes along and we get to :rofl: all over again at what a stupid mother fucker he is for pedaling absolute bull shit for 4 years.

What I find interesting is that the Mueller special counsel was tasked with investigating ALL aspects of Trump Russia collusion, but yet, couldn't uncover Sussman lying to the FBI and sending them on a wild good chase?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

What must it be like to start a thread over a conspiracy theory

Much like “Stop the steal”

And then have it preserved for posterity... so you can be flogged for it on what is basically a monthly basis?

Ouchie

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:30 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 pm Every time jelly hope this whole Russia Hoax gets memory holed, something like this comes along and we get to :rofl: all over again at what a stupid mother fucker he is for pedaling absolute bull shit for 4 years.

What I find interesting is that the Mueller special counsel was tasked with investigating ALL aspects of Trump Russia collusion, but yet, couldn't uncover Sussman lying to the FBI and sending them on a wild good chase?
Shocking, isn't it. :coffee: