Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:16 pm WSJ article ..

To criticize the collusion hoax would be to cut oneself off from the institutional gravy train of the entire Democratic and media establishment, since all are implicated, with the exception of a handful of left-wing reporters who are dismissed as cranks for seeing what’s in front of their eyes.

Remember, it was Stacey Abrams, not Donald Trump, who invented a successful modern career model by rejecting the legitimacy of her election defeat.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If what's being referenced by the allusion to "collusion" is the allegation that there was collusion between people in the Trump campaign and Russia, the author appears to be going along with the myth that the Mueller Report showed "no collusion." It did not. It documented collusion between Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign director, and Konstantin Kilimnik. Subsequent results of Congressional investigations validated the account. See https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... p-n1264371. The idea that the allegation of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia has been debunked and shown to be a "hoax" is false.

What Stacey Abrams did is not the same as what Trump did at all. She refused to concede in one sense. but did say she knew that her opponent would legally be certified as the winner. Here statement was:
"Concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper. As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede. But my assessment is that the law currently allows no further viable remedy,"
She did not attempt to change the result of the election. She did not allege voter fraud. Instead, she alleged voter suppression. She alleged that things were done to keep some people from voting at all. She did launch legal action against Georgia's election system. But it was not an effort to change the results of her election. It was an effort to prevent what she saw as voter suppression efforts in the future.
That is very different than what Trump did and as continued to do.

This thing of saying that what Abrams did is what Trump is doing is just false.

Here's another article on what Abrams did:

https://apnews.com/article/north-americ ... 5cb0204307
Abrams, meanwhile, sent volunteers across the state in search of voters whose ballots were rejected. She filed suit in federal court to force county elections boards to count absentee ballots with incorrect birthdates. Her campaign even planned for possible litigation to challenge the election’s certified outcome.

Abrams didn’t take that route. She said she had concluded “the law currently allows no further viable remedy.” Instead, she said she would fight to restore integrity to Georgia’s election system in a new initiative called Fair Fight Georgia.
She did not try to challenge the certified outcome. Saying she acted like Trump is acting is completely false.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

I gotta give you credit. When you embrace a conspiracy, you REALLY embrace a conspiracy. You're the perfect little dem lackey. Congrats.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm I gotta give you credit. When you embrace a conspiracy, you REALLY embrace a conspiracy. You're the perfect little dem lackey. Congrats.
If you are talking about cooperation, collusion, or whatever you want to call it between the Trump Campaign Director and a Russian intelligence operative, it's well documented. It happened. It is also completely true that the Mueller Report did not show "no collusion." Again: The Report authors explicitly wrote that they weren't making a judgment on the general idea of "collusion." They were commenting on whether they found evidence of violation of a specific statute. And they said that one reason they couldn't say whether the cooperation between Manafort and Kilimnik constituted violation of the statute is that they didn't know what Kilimnik did with the polling data.

Subsequent investigation, according to the article at https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... p-n1264371, suggest this:
The U.S. intelligence community has developed new information about Konstantin Kilimnik, whom they call a Russian spy, that leads them to believe the associate of ex-Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort passed internal Trump campaign polling and strategy information to Russian intelligence services
The "no collusion" and "hoax" thing is a Trump World myth.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Watching Fiona Hill talk about the Republican Primaries leading up to the 2016 election. Very good quote:
I think this is actually a lesson that we need to be much more judicious when we're vetting Presidential candidates, Presidents' Parties are vetting their candidates, because, you know, you see the real world consequences when somebody who doesn't really know much about anything in the world gets into that kind of position.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Watching Fiona Hill talk about the Republican Primaries leading up to the 2016 election. Very good quote:
I think this is actually a lesson that we need to be much more judicious when we're vetting Presidential candidates, Presidents' Parties are vetting their candidates, because, you know, you see the real world consequences when somebody who doesn't really know much about anything in the world gets into that kind of position.
We’re still experiencing that.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:33 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:Watching Fiona Hill talk about the Republican Primaries leading up to the 2016 election. Very good quote:

Well, he knows one thing: how to be China’s bitch. It’s set up perfectly for China to take over Taiwan after the olympics. They just wait til closing ceremonies, and they KNOW their boy in the WH ain’t gonna do shit, because he’s bought and paid for.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Well, he knows one thing: how to be China’s bitch. It’s set up perfectly for China to take over Taiwan after the olympics. They just wait til closing ceremonies, and they KNOW their boy in the WH ain’t gonna do shit, because he’s bought and paid for.
Biden has been bought off by the Chinese?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:30 am Despite the comic strip playing out in DC, and the clowns that have occupied the White House the last 25 years, we still have the best place in the world to live.
Well said. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm I gotta give you credit. When you embrace a conspiracy, you REALLY embrace a conspiracy. You're the perfect little dem lackey. Congrats.
He ranks right up there with jellbelly in that regard. Credit to him for going full retard on this just like jelly as well. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:31 pm
He ranks right up there with jellbelly in that regard. Credit to him for going full retard on this just like jelly as well. :lol:
Heck, even Jelly knew when to quit..

JSO on the other hand.. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:24 pm
If you are talking about cooperation, collusion, or whatever you want to call it between the Trump Campaign Director and a Russian intelligence operative, it's well documented. It happened. It is also completely true that the Mueller Report did not show "no collusion." Again: The Report authors explicitly wrote that they weren't making a judgment on the general idea of "collusion." They were commenting on whether they found evidence of violation of a specific statute. And they said that one reason they couldn't say whether the cooperation between Manafort and Kilimnik constituted violation of the statute is that they didn't know what Kilimnik did with the polling data.

Subsequent investigation, according to the article at https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... p-n1264371, suggest this:
The U.S. intelligence community has developed new information about Konstantin Kilimnik, whom they call a Russian spy, that leads them to believe the associate of ex-Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort passed internal Trump campaign polling and strategy information to Russian intelligence services
The "no collusion" and "hoax" thing is a Trump World myth.

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm

Not that he remembers. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:25 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:27 am

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/economy/ ... index.html

Thanks, Biden! You're MAGA! :clap:

:fuel: :fuel: :fuel: :stir: :stir: :stir:
Also from the article:
The hospitality and leisure industries — decimated by lockdown measures last year — were once again the biggest contributors of job gains, accounting for more than a third of the total. Some 253,000 jobs were added in restaurants and bars alone last month.

Hiring also picked up in eduction, according to the seasonally adjusted data. But the labor bureau warned that because hiring and layoffs in education were so distorted by the pandemic, the adjusted data might overstate the hiring in July.
So low paying jobs uptick during tourist season, and teachers going back to work seems to have driven these numbers...which will go back down again when the next lockdown orders go into effect.
c'est la vie... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Nobody in Biden's job is going to be able to do jackshit for Taiwan. Unless you want to start tossing nuclear ultimatums around there isn't doodly squat we can do to keep the Chinese from taking Taiwan any time they want to take it.

We may look back years from now and wish we had nuked them when we had the chance :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Nobody in Biden's job is going to be able to do jackshit for Taiwan. Unless you want to start tossing nuclear ultimatums around there isn't doodly squat we can do to keep the Chinese from taking Taiwan any time they want to take it.

We may look back years from now and wish we had nuked them when we had the chance :coffee:
Well not with that attitude.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:39 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Well not with that attitude.
Neutron warheads
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

we could pick names at random from a phonebook and be no worse off
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I wasn’t sure where to put this. I have complained about NATO before, and Trump was mostly on target with NATO so maybe I commented in this thread.

Now that Trump is no longer in the WH, some Dems and liberals have regained their senses over NATO and recognize the dangers of expansion:

https://theweek.com/world/1006143/the-m ... nding-nato

Apparently the Biden WH hasn’t realized it yet.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 am I wasn’t sure where to put this. I have complained about NATO before, and Trump was mostly on target with NATO so maybe I commented in this thread.

Now that Trump is no longer in the WH, some Dems and liberals have regained their senses over NATO and recognize the dangers of expansion:

Good article. There was one line that really jumped out at me...
Other early-expansion NATO states like Poland and the Czech Republic, while still considered democracies, have seen their scores decline in recent years as right-wing populism has swept across the continent.
We've seen right-wing populism starting to take root here with factions in the Republican Party, the UK Independence Party, I think Poland has a right-wing populist President, etc.. My point is that it's interesting to see this article, seemingly, correlate a rise in right-wing populism with a decline in democracy and freedoms.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:23 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 am I wasn’t sure where to put this. I have complained about NATO before, and Trump was mostly on target with NATO so maybe I commented in this thread.

Other early-expansion NATO states like Poland and the Czech Republic, while still considered democracies, have seen their scores decline in recent years as right-wing populism has swept across the continent.
We've seen right-wing populism starting to take root here with factions in the Republican Party, the UK Independence Party, I think Poland has a right-wing populist President, etc.. My point is that it's interesting to see this article, seemingly, correlate a rise in right-wing populism with a decline in democracy and freedoms.
Tucker broadcast for a week from Hungary.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yes, because those countries that see a rise in left wing populism (Cuba, Argentina, China, etc.) are certainly MUCH freer and more democratic than the US and UK.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:31 am

Yes, because those countries that see a rise in left wing populism (Cuba, Argentina, China, etc.) are certainly MUCH freer and more democratic than the US and UK.
We're taking about right-wing populism. :mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Oh, the irony:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/gm ... entnewsntp
General Motors has not been having a great time recently. The chip shortage has tanked the company’s output, drastically reducing sales, but those numbers are based on finished cars. The General has consistently been pumping out nearly-finished trucks from plants like those in Flint, Michigan and Fort Wayne, Indiana. But those unfinished, unsold trucks need somewhere to sit until chip inventories recover — and for Indiana trucks, that means a big taste of irony.

Rather than filling up lots at the Fort Wayne plant, GM has been hauling unfinished trucks to its recently-closed Kokomo, IN plant. While the facility was most recently used to manufacture ventilators for hospitals to use in combatting the COVID-19 pandemic, it lived a previous life as a clean room environment for manufacturing computer chips.
Karma is damned sure a bitch. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Isn't stating "“wokeness” which is a term almost exclusively used by older people these days" denigrating toward "older people"? Why is it okay for AOChe to insult "older people" but not for Carville to insult voters under 45?

Aren't "older people" a part of the "we need everyone"?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm