AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:46 am

What a stupid article. Why don't they list what the Dow numbers were for Obama's first term? The numbers were smaller so the percent gain looks bigger. Would people look at it differently if the article said the Dow gained 11,130 points during Trump's term but only 5,700 points during Obama's first term? Same would be true of Clinton vs. Obama.
The stupid part is measuring economic success with the stock market always as the headline feature. This is true of both Obama and Trump. I don’t know if anyone noticed or cares but there is still a shit ton of disenfranchised people out there from rust belt Uber patriots to Fight for 15 Northwest hipsters.

But hey!...a rising tide!...or something!
Agreed. Trump set so many other meaningful economic records during his presidency, the stock market should be about 10th or 11th on the list of accomplishments. Many of those records will certainly not be broken in my lifetime, and not my children’s lifetime.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:55 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 am

The stupid part is measuring economic success with the stock market always as the headline feature. This is true of both Obama and Trump. I don’t know if anyone noticed or cares but there is still a shit ton of disenfranchised people out there from rust belt Uber patriots to Fight for 15 Northwest hipsters.

But hey!...a rising tide!...or something!
Agreed. Trump set so many other meaningful economic records during his presidency, the stock market should be about 10th or 11th on the list of accomplishments. Many of those records will certainly not be broken in my lifetime, and not my children’s lifetime.
Which records that benefit the working class? I’m genuinely curious.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Saw this on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:19 am
HI54UNI wrote:
What a stupid article. Why don't they list what the Dow numbers were for Obama's first term? The numbers were smaller so the percent gain looks bigger. Would people look at it differently if the article said the Dow gained 11,130 points during Trump's term but only 5,700 points during Obama's first term? Same would be true of Clinton vs. Obama.
Honestly - it should be a good review of Trump. The stock market performed phenomenally in his 4 years. Especially last years rebound. 56% is nothing to sneeze at.

Also - I hope the unemployment figures of the Trump years don’t get lost in the static of his legacy. Serious gains were made there. We should be thankful for that. And that we had no wars. That’s a huge plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And wage growth among Team Brown and blacks during that time. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I'm sure the Trump Presidential Library will be in S Florida..and absolutely YUGE. In the meantime:

While looking up news on Trumps' POTUS library, I looked up info on Obama's. It hasn't even broken ground yet.
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/governm ... ama-center