4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Does it mention the bypass code for Congresscritters? I'm sure if something like this were ever put in place that would be part of the arrangement. :D
What if the device malfunctioned? I couldn't even move my car other than having it towed. I don't know if the folks that write these laws have ever driven a car, but things break from time to time.
Think of the entrepreneurial prospects for non-influenced people. Just hang out outside of a popular bar and charge $20 to blow in the tube. 8-)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:33 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm

What if the device malfunctioned? I couldn't even move my car other than having it towed. I don't know if the folks that write these laws have ever driven a car, but things break from time to time.
Think of the entrepreneurial prospects for non-influenced people. Just hang out outside of a popular bar and charge $20 to blow in the tube. 8-)
I agree, but again, what if the device is simply non-operable? Or way out of calibration?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

So a climate activist runs on the court during the Laver Cup and sets his arm on fire to protest the use of private jets in the UK. Some thoughts:

- What the heck is the Laver Cup? I had to wiki it. Apparently it's the Tennis equivalent of golf's Ryder Cup, but is Europe versus the world. I honestly have been out of the tennis loop to not know this.

- Why would you pick the Laver Cup to protest something? Who's really watching this anyway? Aren't tennis fans already fairly on the side of climate activism anyway?

- Why just burning the arm? Buddhist monks never stopped at just a body part, they went full-on immolation. Where's the commitment to the cause here?

- Isn't there some irony of protesting climate change caused by the burning of fossil fuels by burning your arm, facilitated by an accelerant that is itself a fossil fuel? That's like protesting killing of baby calves to make veal by killing an actual baby calf. Seems daft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Laver_Cup
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Philly gonna Philly
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:57 am Philly gonna Philly
Dude, the woman in the front, who's watching the turmoil behind her, and then turns around to the guy making the hoagies and asking him if her order is done yet is even more Philly to me - screw the chaos around me, where's my darn food?!?! Love it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Was reading an article this morning on the above incident and they stated that the Philly PD department is 20% understaffed( 1,300 out of 6,380) and that 800 officers and civilian employees have set their retirement dates in the next four years. With only 120 officers graduating this year they have a issue.

Last year there were 562 homicides (a record) and they are on the same pace this year. The same year they had invited 3,800 applicants to attend spring orientation, 900 showed up. Of that 900, 500 failed the reading and agility test. When it was all said and done (drug tests, background checks and psych evals), 65 were offered jobs, and only 48 started training. 41 graduated.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 am Was reading an article this morning on the above incident and they stated that the Philly PD department is 20% understaffed( 1,300 out of 6,380) and that 800 officers and civilian employees have set their retirement dates in the next four years. With only 120 officers graduating this year they have a issue.

Last year there were 562 homicides (a record) and they are on the same pace this year. The same year they had invited 3,800 applicants to attend spring orientation, 900 showed up. Of that 900, 500 failed the reading and agility test. When it was all said and done (drug tests, background checks and psych evals), 65 were offered jobs, and only 48 started training. 41 graduated.
New Orleans I recently saw was even more understaffed (400+ out of allotment of 1400). Philly, New Orleans, NYC, Chicago, LA, San Fran, Seattle, Portland, etc, etc. What democrat run major city isn’t understaffed in their PD. 2 1/2 years from the left of demonizing the police, Defund the Police, and soft on crime Soros back lib DA’s letting criminals right back out on the street with low to no bail, downgraded or dropped charges, etc, etc all in the name of social justice, will do that type of thing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Brave Sir Kenny Ran Away…

“Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton fled his home in a truck driven by his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, to avoid being served a subpoena Monday, according to an affidavit filed in federal court…….

“A few minutes later I saw Mr. Paxton RAN from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side,” Herrera wrote. “I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck.”“I walked up the driveway approaching Mr. Paxton and called him by his name. As soon as he saw me and heard me call his name out, he turned around and RAN back inside the house through the same door in the garage,” Herrera wrote in the sworn affidavit.

Angela Paxton then exited the house, got inside a Chevrolet truck in the driveway, started it and opened the doors.

“A few minutes later I saw Mr. Paxton RAN from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side,” Herrera wrote. “I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/26 ... n-lawsuit/
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 am Was reading an article this morning on the above incident and they stated that the Philly PD department is 20% understaffed( 1,300 out of 6,380) and that 800 officers and civilian employees have set their retirement dates in the next four years. With only 120 officers graduating this year they have a issue.

Philly's gotten crazy lately. Heck, I think just yesterday there were 9 people shot, and this was all before 6PM (not even dark here until 7PM right now). That's a lot of shootings in broad daylight. We'll hit the homicide record for a year in the next couple of days or weeks, so definitely setting a record there. The other thing that's really up are carjackings. I heard some weird stat that there are several per day now. Apparently part of the problem is the key fobs for cars - you can't steal a car anymore without the key fob. So the best way to get it is to steal the car with the owner and the key fob already in it. I'm sure that never came up in the focus groups when they were first testing out key fobs. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Trump wins best golfing president with a handicap of 2.8
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:29 am

Philly's gotten crazy lately. Heck, I think just yesterday there were 9 people shot, and this was all before 6PM (not even dark here until 7PM right now). That's a lot of shootings in broad daylight. We'll hit the homicide record for a year in the next couple of days or weeks, so definitely setting a record there. The other thing that's really up are carjackings. I heard some weird stat that there are several per day now. Apparently part of the problem is the key fobs for cars - you can't steal a car anymore without the key fob. So the best way to get it is to steal the car with the owner and the key fob already in it. I'm sure that never came up in the focus groups when they were first testing out key fobs. :coffee:
This year will shatter last years record, which shattered the previous all time record..
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:18 pm Trump wins best golfing president with a handicap of 2.8
I would happily take one for the team and golf a round with him if Melania is caddying.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:54 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:18 pm Trump wins best golfing president with a handicap of 2.8
I would happily take one for the team and golf a round with him if Melania is caddying.
Shit. I'd caddy for Melania.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:46 am

That goes without saying. :lol:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Here's her bag ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:50 am

Here's her bag ...

:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Here's her bag ...

Has to be fake. No real bag of dicks is complete without the BBD (big black dildo). :lol:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:59 am
Here's her bag ...

Has to be fake. No real bag of dicks is complete without the BBD (big black dildo). :lol:
donald was "borrowing" it when the pic was taken.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:05 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:59 am

Explains his hunched over posture. :D

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

:rofl:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 am
Knew that'd get a response from you. :lol:

Better cancel your Golf magazine subscription, because they listed Biden as #2.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:05 am
Rumor has it that it's a vibrating model and staff would use it to communicate with him while he was speaking or in meetings. his facial expressions were supposedly a giveaway ...

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:44 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 am

Knew that'd get a response from you. :lol:

Better cancel your Golf magazine subscription, because they listed Biden as #2.
I haven’t read Golf in years. I didn’t know Biden played golf. At his age, if he’s below a 15 it’s unbelievable.

I started Rick Reilly’s Commander in Cheat years ago. The first 10 pages showed you all you needed to know about the child. Like Trump holding course records at his own facilities.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:58 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 am

Rumor has it that it's a vibrating model and staff would use it to communicate with him while he was speaking or in meetings. his facial expressions were supposedly a giveaway ...

He could be chess champion! :lol:

(see recent chess cheating scandal (alleged) about vibrating anal beads)

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.