Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Summary of the 1/6 commission so far...

"blah blah blah racism blah blah blah white nationalism blah blah blah Trump"
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:23 am Summary of the 1/6 commission so far...

It wouldn't have occurred it Trump wasn't a pathetic man who didn't start sowing distrust long before the election and was spreading misinformation and lies about it afterwards.

White nationalism..? I dunno. That seems to be the word du jour for anything a white person does these days.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Don't forget Schiff getting teary eyed and Kinzinger actually crying. Such heart, such love for America.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:

Don't forget Schiff getting teary eyed and Kinzinger actually crying. Such heart, such love for America.
None of this would be happening if Trump had not stirred up the dregs of Qanon-land.

Seriously - if it had been a Biden loss and he had whipped up Antifa (klam sez they aint a thing) and they stormed the building you’d be in for firing squads

cut the cord, man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:03 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
None of this would be happening if Trump had not stirred up the dregs of Qanon-land.

Seriously - if it had been a Biden loss and he had whipped up Antifa (klam sez they aint a thing) and they stormed the building you’d be in for firing squads

cut the cord, man

Never thought of it that way, but you're probably right. I'd be all for firing squads if the tables were turned. :lol:

I'm mostly commenting on Schiff and Kinzinger getting all teary eyed. Such theatrics.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:03 pm None of this would be happening if Trump had not stirred up the dregs of Qanon-land.

cut the cord, man

Never thought of it that way, but you're probably right. I'd be all for firing squads if the tables were turned. :lol:

I'm mostly commenting on Schiff and Kinzinger getting all teary eyed. Such theatrics.
You’re damn right that I’m right.

Come over to the light/dark side

We have donuts

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

We have donuts

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:32 pm

blah blah blah. It wouldn't have occurred if Trump had either 1) won the election or; 2) hadn't stirred the pot.

Only some partisan with their head in the sand doesn't come to that conclusion. The buck stops at the leader. /discussion.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

We have donuts

BAVARIAN CREME?! :D
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:51 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:32 pm

blah blah blah. It wouldn't have occurred if Trump had either 1) won the election or; 2) hadn't stirred the pot.

Only some partisan with their head in the sand doesn't come to that conclusion. The buck stops at the leader. /discussion.
:lol: You're telling me Adam Schiff is a straight up good guy and not about theatrics and lying?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:56 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:51 am

:lol: You're telling me Adam Schiff is a straight up good guy and not about theatrics and lying?
I didn't say that at all. It's all a moot point. There's no politics to play here. It's an easy case - The events of Jan 6 would NOT have happened if Trump hadn't lied, started spreading disinformation and sowing distrust before and after the election and had worked up his base by telling them the country was being stolen, their votes were stolen and they had to do something about it.

We all know someone that is happy when things turn out their way but will blame others for anything bad. They never take responsibility or hold themselves accountable. We all know that guy and we all detest him and avoid him. But when it comes to a "leader" we turn a blind eye b/c he's not a Dem and has some good policy ideas. Fuck that. You either have principles and live by them or you don't. If you fail, as all humans do, correct your error and move on. Don't dig deep and rationalize someone's bad behavior. We wouldn't accept it from family or friends. We shouldn't accept it by an elected official.

/rant
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:42 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:56 am
I didn't say that at all. It's all a moot point. There's no politics to play here. It's an easy case - The events of Jan 6 would NOT have happened if Trump hadn't lied, started spreading disinformation and sowing distrust before and after the election and had worked up his base by telling them the country was being stolen, their votes were stolen and they had to do something about it.

We all know someone that is happy when things turn out their way but will blame others for anything bad. They never take responsibility or hold themselves accountable. We all know that guy and we all detest him and avoid him. But when it comes to a "leader" we turn a blind eye b/c he's not a Dem and has some good policy ideas. Fuck that. You either have principles and live by them or you don't. If you fail, as all humans do, correct your error and move on. Don't dig deep and rationalize someone's bad behavior. We wouldn't accept it from family or friends. We shouldn't accept it by an elected official.

/rant
Trump in a nutshell.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I've made some really bad decisions in my life that have affected others, truly embarrassing and potentially marriage ending mistakes - but I didn't blame someone else. I owned up to them - suffered the consequences, lived through a few months of awkwardness and having to rebuild trust.

I say that to stress the point that I realize I'm not perfect and don't expect anyone else to be. I just expect them to rise above themselves and own up to their shortcomings and failings - especially when they're in control of a government. I expect that out of every adult.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:28 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:42 am

/rant
Trump in a nutshell.
Don't disagree, but that is pretty much every politician to a degree. Trump just took it to the extreme like he did everything else.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:59 am I've made some really bad decisions in my life that have affected others, truly embarrassing and potentially marriage ending mistakes - but I didn't blame someone else. I owned up to them - suffered the consequences, lived through a few months of awkwardness and having to rebuild trust.

I say that to stress the point that I realize I'm not perfect and don't expect anyone else to be. I just expect them to rise above themselves and own up to their shortcomings and failings - especially when they're in control of a government. I expect that out of every adult.
That is why me and you can never be into politics. Truth has zero place in our political system.

Personally, I think that is a positive character trait. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:25 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:59 am I've made some really bad decisions in my life that have affected others, truly embarrassing and potentially marriage ending mistakes - but I didn't blame someone else. I owned up to them - suffered the consequences, lived through a few months of awkwardness and having to rebuild trust.

That is why me and you can never be into politics. Truth has zero place in our political system.

:lol: Integrity has zero place as well.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:25 pm

:nod:

The system is corrupt. Politicians and pundits are mostly paid actors.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Bill Maher is back.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/predicti ... unKmISB8wz
Predictive Oncology (NASDAQ: POAI), a knowledge-driven company focused on applying artificial intelligence (“AI”) to personalized medicine and drug discovery, is excited to report initial results on AI-driven models of ovarian cancer. POAI subsidiary Helomics, working on data from the 100,000 Genomes Project in Genomics England’s National Genomic Research Library (NGRL), has developed a new AI-driven model that can predict survival rates for ovarian cancer patients, post-treatment. These AI models have the potential to improve treatment paths for ovarian cancer and drive the development of new therapies. The results of the study will be available as a preprint on Biorxiv in the late summer.
This is super cool. Using AI to better determine treatment for ovarian cancer (and after following this company for a while, this is just the beginning). Imagine going to an oncologists and they have the tools to know which therapies would and wouldn't work vs the "let's try some drugs and chemo." A more focused approach to oncology. :clap:
The Helomics AI model has the potential to be used to narrow down ovarian cancer treatment choices as it predicts patients’ responses to specific therapies, improving patients’ prognosis and offering clinicians a more efficient and cost-effective precision medicine approach to treatment.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Pwns wrote:Bill Maher is back.

Normally I only agree once in a blue moon with what he says (most of the time less), but he is right in this regard.

Too bad it will fall on deaf ears.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

If you don’t jerk off often, its time to start.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... THIRD.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:24 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:28 am

Trump in a nutshell.
Don't disagree, but that is pretty much every politician to a degree. Trump just took it to the extreme like he did everything else.
Exactly. To single out Trump in this scenario is naive.

Rather the devil you know than the devil you don’t know.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:00 pm If you don’t jerk off often, its time to start.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... THIRD.html
:lol: :lol: I've long surmised that if you just emptied the prostate often, it would reduce your chances of cancer
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

That crazy son of a bitch was right...again...