Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

And for the twits who can't read tweets ... ;)

Charles Barkley on Politicians: 'They Divide And Conquer'
"Man, I think most white people and Black people are great people," Barkley said. "I really believe that in my heart, but I think our system is set up where our politicians, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, are designed to make us not like each other so they can keep their grasp of money and power. They divide and conquer."

"I truly believe in my heart most white people and Black people are awesome people, but we’re so stupid following our politicians, whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, and their only job is, ‘Hey, let’s make these people not like each other. We don’t live in their neighborhoods, we all got money, let’s make the whites and Blacks not like each other, let’s make rich people and poor people not like each other, let’s scramble the middle class.' I truly believe that in my heart."
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

So United Airlines is going to hire 5,000 “people of color or women” to be pilots.

How about you fuckers hire the best PILOTS. Nobody gives a shit what color they are, or whether they have a penis or a vagina. I want the best PILOTS behind the stick. This might be the worst application of being “woke” and virtue signaling that I’ve ever seen. I guess as the plane goes down, the passengers will all be saying “well, at least our pilot was a woman!”
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:23 pm DOJ isn't looking at him for violating Florida law. They're looking at him for violating federal law.
Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, the people said. A variety of federal statutes make it illegal to induce someone under 18 to travel over state lines to engage in sex in exchange for money or something of value.
This go anywhere? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:28 pm So United Airlines is going to hire 5,000 “people of color or women” to be pilots.

How about you fuckers hire the best PILOTS. Nobody gives a shit what color they are, or whether they have a penis or a vagina. I want the best PILOTS behind the stick. This might be the worst application of being “woke” and virtue signaling that I’ve ever seen. I guess as the plane goes down, the passengers will all be saying “well, at least our pilot was a woman!”
At least they’re not hiring Asians.

:ohno:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:01 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:28 pm So United Airlines is going to hire 5,000 “people of color or women” to be pilots.

At least they’re not hiring Asians.

:ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:39 pm
9/11 was a hoax
Obama is a Muslim
The Clintons killed JFK Jr.

She's as crazy as the Joker. The scary thing is that people believe her and give her money.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:19 pm
9/11 was a hoax
Obama is a Muslim

She's as crazy as the Joker. The scary thing is that people believe her and give her money.
While I don’t think Obama in a muslim now, he was born to a muslim father, grew up in a muslim country, amd went to a muslim school. So thinking he is (or was) one isn‘t off the wall crazy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:12 am

9/11 was a hoax
Obama is a Muslim

While I don’t think Obama in a muslim now, he was born to a muslim father, grew up in a muslim country, amd went to a muslim school. So thinking he is (or was) one isn‘t off the wall crazy.
I was born in a Christian country to a Christian father, but went to a public school.

That’s why I’m a satanist.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:18 am
I was born in a Christian country to a Christian father, but went to a public school.

Explains a lot. :coffee: :coffee: :kisswink:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:30 am
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:18 am

Explains a lot. :coffee: :coffee: :kisswink:
When they say “get behind me, Satan”, what happens next?

:mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

9/11 was a hoax
Obama is a Muslim

And 9/11 was a hoax or the Clintons killed JFK Jr.?

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:58 am
And 9/11 was a hoax or the Clintons killed JFK Jr.?

OMG, that is totally epic. That blond is just cray cray and like fer shur they should like change her committee.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So "the Resistance" was actually "the Empire" the entire time. :lol:

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:07 am So "the Resistance" was actually "the Empire" the entire time. :lol:

What's funny is too many of the anti-Citizens United proggies will lap this up and cheer it on...and won't realize talking about this stuff is a way for Corporate America to steer the national conversation away from corporate taxes and the corporate cracking down on non-MSM.

Kudos to people like Glenn Greenwald who are consistent enough to call this nonsense out.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

The Steak-umm corporate account taking a baseball bat to Neil deGrasse-Tyson's dome is the Twitter we need to see more often. :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 am The Steak-umm corporate account taking a baseball bat to Neil deGrasse-Tyson's dome is the Twitter we need to see more often. :lol:

Gotta love the brand reminder at the tail end of the tweet smash. :lol: :notworthy:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Biden announces troops will leave Afghanistan by September 11: 'It's time to end America's longest war'
The deadline Biden has set is absolute, with no potential for extension based on worsening conditions on the ground. Officials said that after two decades of war, it was clear to the President that throwing more time and money at Afghanistan's problems wasn't going to work, even as senior military and national security advisers cautioned against a full withdrawal.

"We cannot continue the cycle of extending or expanding our military presence in Afghanistan hoping to create the ideal conditions for our withdrawal, expecting a different result," Biden said.

"I am now the fourth American president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan. Two Republicans. Two Democrats," he went on. "I will not pass this responsibility to a fifth."
Thank you President Biden!

This is good news but I think you're mistaken about this being America's longest war. Lyndon Baines Johnson began the War on Poverty in March of 1964 so we've been fighting it for 57 years. That war went pretty well for the first 10 years as the percentage of people in poverty dropped approximately in half but in the 37 years since it's gone up and back down but not significantly better than that mid 70's level. The percentage of people in poverty was already trending down over the 5 years prior to LBJ's War on Poverty/Great Society so using the same logic that JSO applied to Trump and jobs/economy, LBJ and the War on Poverty/Great Society get zero, zip, zilch, nada credit. (Number in Poverty and Poverty Rate: 1959 to 2019)

You know what they say about the definition of insanity. Maybe it's time to try a different approach. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

9/11 was a hoax
Obama is a Muslim

Interesting. But I predict AOC will have more impact than she does.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:19 pm 9/11 was a hoax
Obama is a Muslim

She’s got nowhere to go but up... from her rating as one of the least effective legislators:

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2021/03/17/ ... ing-bills/

She ranks significantly lower than some real giants and lions of government... like Hank Johnson of Guam tipping over and capsizing fame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:30 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
She’s got nowhere to go but up... from her rating as one of the least effective legislators:

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2021/03/17/ ... ing-bills/

She ranks significantly lower than some real giants and lions of government... like Hank Johnson of Guam tipping over and capsizing fame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Media Bias Fact Check says your source sucks ass. Get it outta here.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:06 pm Biden announces troops will leave Afghanistan by September 11: 'It's time to end America's longest war'
The deadline Biden has set is absolute, with no potential for extension based on worsening conditions on the ground. Officials said that after two decades of war, it was clear to the President that throwing more time and money at Afghanistan's problems wasn't going to work, even as senior military and national security advisers cautioned against a full withdrawal.

"We cannot continue the cycle of extending or expanding our military presence in Afghanistan hoping to create the ideal conditions for our withdrawal, expecting a different result," Biden said.

"I am now the fourth American president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan. Two Republicans. Two Democrats," he went on. "I will not pass this responsibility to a fifth."
Thank you President Biden!

This is good news but I think you're mistaken about this being America's longest war. Lyndon Baines Johnson began the War on Poverty in March of 1964 so we've been fighting it for 57 years. That war went pretty well for the first 10 years as the percentage of people in poverty dropped approximately in half but in the 37 years since it's gone up and back down but not significantly better than that mid 70's level. The percentage of people in poverty was already trending down over the 5 years prior to LBJ's War on Poverty/Great Society so using the same logic that JSO applied to Trump and jobs/economy, LBJ and the War on Poverty/Great Society get zero, zip, zilch, nada credit. (Number in Poverty and Poverty Rate: 1959 to 2019)

You know what they say about the definition of insanity. Maybe it's time to try a different approach. :coffee:
War on Drugs just about as long and as “successful”....
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If only they had called a social worker...
https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-offi ... in-custody
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Is it just me, or did Ukraine totally flip flop, and Putin come out looking as a much stronger leader as he just had talks with Biden.

Pretty much can tell what happened. Ukraine was going to fight Russia with US backing, only to have Ukraine do a 180 today and say that they weren't looking for casualties, just peace.

Biden got put in his place by Putin today. Let's hope Putin doesn't use the recording of the "meeting" to further blackmail Biden into other beatdowns.

Addled old fool.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Biden announces troops will leave Afghanistan by September 11: 'It's time to end America's longest war'

I’m glad my son is not going to be among the last troops on the ground, now that the President has given the Taliban a hard and fast date...I’ll wager we’ll see a rash of attacks on our few remaining troops in August and September...

And before someone asks...No, I don’t think we should leave them there indefinitely...I would have preferred everyone wake up one morning, and American troops were gone...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.