Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am Not sure if many people know about these drones. The refueling drone is going to push air power out another couple hundred miles and the Loyal Wingman simply is cool. Both videos are under a minute in length.

WOW. I haven't seen those. Drones have come a long way since I worked on BAMS-A. That is really cool.

https://www.navair.navy.mil/product/BAMS-D
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:36 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:58 am

Would anyone be surprised if murder charges are added in the near future for the death of his wife and child?
that entire family is a fucking trainwreck. (well, what's left of them).
That part of South Carolina is growing slowly. Outside of Hilton Head / Beaufort - it's rural and the good ol' boy system. One of those counties is less than 30k people...not very metropolitan.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am Outside of Hilton Head / Beaufort - it's rural and the good ol' boy system.
I will be in Beaufort in three weeks. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am Outside of Hilton Head / Beaufort - it's rural and the good ol' boy system.
Go to Burnt Church Distillery... :thumb:

I actually may be down there in that time frame.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Go to Burnt Church Distillery... :thumb:

I actually may be down there in that time frame.
We usually have dinner at Saltus.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am Not sure if many people know about these drones. The refueling drone is going to push air power out another couple hundred miles and the Loyal Wingman simply is cool. Both videos are under a minute in length.

WOW. I haven't seen those. Drones have come a long way since I worked on BAMS-A. That is really cool.

https://www.navair.navy.mil/product/BAMS-D
They are all obsolete anathema before they even roll off the assembly line

Mind you... just one assembly line in a well publicized place that will die on the business end of one Chinese HGV on day one

made with imported rare metals

in another well publicized plant that will also die on day one

etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

This story is getting stranger and stranger

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/cri ... 76348.html
Hampton lawyer Alex Murdaugh plans to turn himself in to law enforcement on Thursday after police obtained an arrest warrant to charge him with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, his lawyer said.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/cri ... 70083.html
Gloria Satterfield, 57, of Hampton County was a maid and nanny in the Murdaugh household for about 20 years until she died in a local hospital after falling in the Murdaughs’ home and sustaining an injury. Her obituary says she loved Alex and Maggie Murdaugh as family.

“On the death certificate the manner of death was ruled ‘Natural,’ which is inconsistent with injuries sustained in a trip and fall incident,” the coroner wrote. “In light of the inconsistencies noted above, I feel that it is prudent to pursue an investigation into Gloria Satterfield’s death.”

Satterfield’s sons’ lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh asks for a half-million dollars to settle a wrongful death claim in their mother’s death.

The lawsuit claims Murdaugh took responsibility for Satterfield’s death and told them he would “sue himself” to provide the family with financial compensation, according to the lawsuit. Murdaugh also provided them an attorney with close personal ties to his family.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 am This story is getting stranger and stranger

Hampton lawyer Alex Murdaugh plans to turn himself in to law enforcement on Thursday after police obtained an arrest warrant to charge him with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, his lawyer said.

Gloria Satterfield, 57, of Hampton County was a maid and nanny in the Murdaugh household for about 20 years until she died in a local hospital after falling in the Murdaughs’ home and sustaining an injury. Her obituary says she loved Alex and Maggie Murdaugh as family.

“On the death certificate the manner of death was ruled ‘Natural,’ which is inconsistent with injuries sustained in a trip and fall incident,” the coroner wrote. “In light of the inconsistencies noted above, I feel that it is prudent to pursue an investigation into Gloria Satterfield’s death.”

Satterfield’s sons’ lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh asks for a half-million dollars to settle a wrongful death claim in their mother’s death.

The lawsuit claims Murdaugh took responsibility for Satterfield’s death and told them he would “sue himself” to provide the family with financial compensation, according to the lawsuit. Murdaugh also provided them an attorney with close personal ties to his family.
I see a movie of the week...
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 am This story is getting stranger and stranger

I see a movie of the week...
Just about everyone has said that the past few days... :lol: A buddy of mine from HS worked in that Solicitors office after law school...he's been very quiet about this entire saga...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-gabb ... e-attorney

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how this murdering motherfucker isn’t already in jail? Two go on a road trip. ONE comes back, in the OTHER person’s vehicle. Goes to his parents house and hides out for 10 days before the mother of the dead (presumably) girl finally files a missing persons report. He doesn’t report her missing….doesn’t tell anybody…just drives home 2,000 miles in HER vehicle and hides out.

How is that POS NOT in jail getting grilled for hours at a time?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:31 am https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-gabb ... e-attorney

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how this murdering motherfucker isn’t already in jail? Two go on a road trip. ONE comes back, in the OTHER person’s vehicle. Goes to his parents house and hides out for 10 days before the mother of the dead (presumably) girl finally files a missing persons report. He doesn’t report her missing….doesn’t tell anybody…just drives home 2,000 miles in HER vehicle and hides out.

How is that POS NOT in jail getting grilled for hours at a time?
I don't think his attorney would let them grill him for hours at a time so I'm guessing they're building a case before they arrest him.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

pesky Bill of Rights
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 am pesky Bill of Rights
Yeah, thanks Perry Mason. But he was the last person to see her alive. He’s driving HER car. He left her somewhere (alive or dead). And he hid out in his parents house. Doesn’t that sound like probable cause at least that would COMPEL him to be required to come talk (with an attorney present)?
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

well, he can't be compelled to talk. even if they arrested him. and even if he's on trial.

pesky bill of rights and such.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:00 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 am pesky Bill of Rights
Yeah, that’s Perry Mason. But he was the last person to see her alive. He’s driving HER car. He left her somewhere (alive or dead). And he hid out in his parents house. Doesn’t that sound like probable cause at least that would COMPEL him to be required to come talk (with an attorney present)?
Not to mention, they were engaged, there's a level of love and trust that was there. If my wife was missing, i'd talk and do everything I could to find her.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

This story wouldn't have made national news if she wasn't a cute white girl.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:00 pm
Yeah, that’s Perry Mason. But he was the last person to see her alive. He’s driving HER car. He left her somewhere (alive or dead). And he hid out in his parents house. Doesn’t that sound like probable cause at least that would COMPEL him to be required to come talk (with an attorney present)?
Not to mention, they were engaged, there's a level of love and trust that was there. If my wife was missing, i'd talk and do everything I could to find her.
They'd also been on the road for 4-5 months and had recently gotten into a physical altercation where LE separated them for the evening.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:40 pm well, he can't be compelled to talk. even if they arrested him. and even if he's on trial.

pesky bill of rights and such.
I love it when people who routinely shred the constitution want to hide behind it when they disagree with something. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

This could go in multiple threads but Greenwald had a good article here this past week on the hypocrisy of our elected "betters" and the people that worship them.

Maybe in the first several months of COVID it wasn't about power but one cannot continue to say that anymore. Why anybody continues to make excuses for these people or ideas is beyond me.
COVID rules are now so convoluted that liberals are able to defend their leaders’ actions while not even pretending to make sense from a scientific or rational perspective. Many defended Newsom and Obama's maskless partying on the ground that it was all “outdoors,” even though both were actually inside tents and people had been shamed for months for taking their kids to deserted beaches rather than keeping them locked away at home. Liberals argue that it is fine for elites at Obama's party and the Met Gala to remain maskless since they are vaccinated, even as they defend the CDC's new mask directives for vaccinated people based on the view that vaccinated people still dangerously transmit the Delta variant to both vaccinated and unvaccinated people alike. They will claim that it is fine for rich Democratic donors at Pelosi's party to sit on top of one other maskless because they are eating even though the video shows they have no food in front of them (they are waiting for the masked servants of color to bring their food) and even though shoveling food into one's open mouth does not actually create a wall of immunity against transmission of the virus from one's open-mouthed table neighbors. The Met Gala's red carpet is said to be “outdoors” even though it is surrounded by tent walls and other structures, and still leaving the question of why workers need to be masked in the same area.

But all of this stopped being about The Science™ long ago — ever since months of relentless messaging that it is our moral duty to Stay At Home unless we want to sociopathically kill Grandma was replaced overnight by dictates that we had a moral duty to leave our homes to attend densely packed street protests since the racism being protested was a more severe threat to the public health than the global COVID pandemic. One can locate in all of this jumbled and always-shifting rationale various forms of control, shaming, stigma and hierarchy, while The Science™ is nowhere to be found.

Even with all of this deceit and manipulation, there is something uniquely disturbing — creepy even — about becoming accustomed to seeing political and cultural elites wallowing in luxury without masks, while those paid small wages to serve them in various ways are forced to keep cloth over their faces. It is a powerful symbol of the growing rot at the core of America's cultural and social balkanization: a maskless elite attended to by a permanently faceless servant class. The country's workers have long been faceless in a figurative sense, and now, thanks to extremely selective application of decisively unscientific COVID restrictions, that condition has become literal.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-ma ... bandKbXVOM
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Well it looks like a crowd measuring in the dozens showed up for the "Justice for J6" protest.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:32 pm This could go in multiple threads but Greenwald had a good article here this past week on the hypocrisy of our elected "betters" and the people that worship them.

Maybe in the first several months of COVID it wasn't about power but one cannot continue to say that anymore. Why anybody continues to make excuses for these people or ideas is beyond me.
COVID rules are now so convoluted that liberals are able to defend their leaders’ actions while not even pretending to make sense from a scientific or rational perspective. Many defended Newsom and Obama's maskless partying on the ground that it was all “outdoors,” even though both were actually inside tents and people had been shamed for months for taking their kids to deserted beaches rather than keeping them locked away at home. Liberals argue that it is fine for elites at Obama's party and the Met Gala to remain maskless since they are vaccinated, even as they defend the CDC's new mask directives for vaccinated people based on the view that vaccinated people still dangerously transmit the Delta variant to both vaccinated and unvaccinated people alike. They will claim that it is fine for rich Democratic donors at Pelosi's party to sit on top of one other maskless because they are eating even though the video shows they have no food in front of them (they are waiting for the masked servants of color to bring their food) and even though shoveling food into one's open mouth does not actually create a wall of immunity against transmission of the virus from one's open-mouthed table neighbors. The Met Gala's red carpet is said to be “outdoors” even though it is surrounded by tent walls and other structures, and still leaving the question of why workers need to be masked in the same area.

But all of this stopped being about The Science™ long ago — ever since months of relentless messaging that it is our moral duty to Stay At Home unless we want to sociopathically kill Grandma was replaced overnight by dictates that we had a moral duty to leave our homes to attend densely packed street protests since the racism being protested was a more severe threat to the public health than the global COVID pandemic. One can locate in all of this jumbled and always-shifting rationale various forms of control, shaming, stigma and hierarchy, while The Science™ is nowhere to be found.

Even with all of this deceit and manipulation, there is something uniquely disturbing — creepy even — about becoming accustomed to seeing political and cultural elites wallowing in luxury without masks, while those paid small wages to serve them in various ways are forced to keep cloth over their faces. It is a powerful symbol of the growing rot at the core of America's cultural and social balkanization: a maskless elite attended to by a permanently faceless servant class. The country's workers have long been faceless in a figurative sense, and now, thanks to extremely selective application of decisively unscientific COVID restrictions, that condition has become literal.
And the SF mayor doesn’t want “fun police” to ruin her maskless partying either….despite her edicts to the contrary for the REST of the population. And the dems come to the microphone en masse without masks on, then scramble to put them on when they realize the cameras are rolling.

The list of donk hypocrites when it comes to masking and social distancing is long and illustrious.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 pm
Winterborn wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:32 pm This could go in multiple threads but Greenwald had a good article here this past week on the hypocrisy of our elected "betters" and the people that worship them.

And the SF mayor doesn’t want “fun police” to ruin her maskless partying either….despite her edicts to the contrary for the REST of the population. And the dems come to the microphone en masse without masks on, then scramble to put them on when they realize the cameras are rolling.

The list of donk hypocrites when it comes to masking and social distancing is long and illustrious.
I love how the elites get to go maskless, but the help had damn well better wear theirs.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 pm

I love how the elites get to go maskless, but the help had damn well better wear theirs.
Another consistent theme….
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:41 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Yep. Douchebags.

Similar to right wing leadership preaching against vaccines while getting there’s.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:41 pm

Yep. Douchebags.

Similar to right wing leadership preaching against vaccines while getting there’s.
See, that is some horribly twisted misinformation. They aren’t preaching AGAINST vaccines, they’re preaching against MANDATES. You know, individual freedom and choice? Shit that used to be taken for granted in this country….