Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:00 pm Charleston is full...quit showing up!

So is Charlotte. The town in live in, Fort Mill, is a bedroom community of Charlotte, is the fastest growing city in SC. There was a report last month that Charlotte now has a larger population than San Francisco.
And let me guess, the top 2 states outsides the Carolinas that people are moving from are NY and NJ?

I figure most of those fleeing CA are going to (in the above map) TX, AZ, CO, WA, while those fleeing NY & NJ are primarily going to FL, the Carolinas, & TN..
Yup. And Ohio. Fucking Ohioans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:00 pm

Charleston is full...quit showing up!

So is Charlotte. The town in live in, Fort Mill, is a bedroom community of Charlotte, is the fastest growing city in SC. There was a report last month that Charlotte now has a larger population than San Francisco.
And let me guess, the top 2 states outsides the Carolinas that people are moving from are NY and NJ?

I figure most of those fleeing CA are going to (in the above map) TX, AZ, CO, WA, while those fleeing NY & NJ are primarily going to FL, the Carolinas, & TN..
Maybe those are true in raw numbers, but if you've tried to buy a house in Western Montana or Bozeman in the past 10 months, I can assure you a shitload of people are moving THERE as well.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump supporting Lou Dobbs, who's Lou Dobbs Tonight, at 5 and 7 PM weekdays on FBN, and the top rated show on FBN, get axed by Fox. :suspicious:
Since the election I quit watching FNC & rarely watch FBN, seen little of Lou Dobbs, but its obvious Fox with both their networks keeps
as Newsmax and OANN gain more viewers..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:31 pm Trump supporting Lou Dobbs, who's Lou Dobbs Tonight, at 5 and 7 PM weekdays on FBN, and the top rated show on FBN
Thank you for clarifying which Lou Dobbs you were talking about. Prevented a lot of confusion.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

10 Pounds of C4 explosives reported stolen from Marine Corps Base 29 Palms CA

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine- ... 19d6530d83
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:31 pm Trump supporting Lou Dobbs, who's Lou Dobbs Tonight, at 5 and 7 PM weekdays on FBN, and the top rated show on FBN, get axed by Fox. :suspicious:
Since the election I quit watching FNC & rarely watch FBN, seen little of Lou Dobbs, but its obvious Fox with both their networks keeps
as Newsmax and OANN gain more viewers..
whose*

:kisswink:

Well, I guess even the top rated host has to be held responsible for incendiary and slanderous (defaming? I always confuse those two) talk.

Have the viewers for Newsmax and OAN remained at the levels immediately following the election or have then dipped back to their pre-election lows?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/worl ... ities.html

Democrats could learn from Macron on how to push back against wokeness to improve national unity.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

iF tHe RiOtERs hAD bEEn pEoPlE oF cOLoR tHEy wOUld'Ve bEEn KIlLeD.

Celebrate Diversity.*
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

https://reason.com/2021/02/14/the-futur ... h-a-thing/

Democrats pandering to gluten-free-bottled-water-drinking, white suburbanites is going to come at the cost of votes of Team Brown.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Interesting bill that is in committee in Washington State. Apparently the 25 sponsors of this bill have a slight issue with thinking longer term than what they will be having for dinner. Also the live debate of this bill is some of the best baizuo comedy I have seen in quite some time.

Bill's Homepage - https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... &Year=2021

Rebroadcast of the live public debating of bill (starts around the 45 minute mark, though the previous minutes are entertaining as well) - https://www.tvw.org/watch/?eventID=2021021086

The preamble to the bill claims that Washington's tax system is "the most upside down and regressive in the nation," and that its "overreliance on low income and middle-income families…is simply not sustainable."

To fix this, H.R. 1406 proposes a wealth tax based solely on the financial intangible assets of those very few Washington residents whose assets have a fair market value in excess of $1 billion–– fewer than 100 people. For the most part, this means taxing the fair market value of these residents' stock and bond portfolios.

The sponsors of the legislation believe that "Washington's status as an economic and social leader is threatened by growing wealth inequality and a tax structure that perpetuates it."
The Tax Foundation's Jared Walczak, using Forbes data, estimates that of the Washington residents who would be subject to the wealth tax, four people would provide about 97 percent of the tax revenues: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, and Mackenzie Scott (Bezos' ex-wife).
https://reason.com/2021/02/13/washingto ... arsely-api
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Interesting story about and outstanding American...

https://taskandpurpose.com/culture/lloy ... 19d6530d83

I met Hershey Miyamura last year while serving on a flag detail for the USO welcoming Medal of Honor recipients at DFW airport, and got to spend a few minutes with him. An interesting fact about his MoH that wasn’t mentioned in the attached article...his MoH was the first every classified Top Secret, and DoD and the President didn’t want the Nrth Koreans to know how important Sgt Miyamura was, as it was feared that fact would be exploited for propaganda purposes..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/18 ... er-outage/

So we all know Ted "boobs" Cruz made the stupid choice of going to Cancun when his state is suffering. It was bad optics and in his profession, he should've known better.

But in reading the article above...it reads like he's blaming his kids. :lol:
I was trying to be a dad, and all of us have made decisions — when you've got two girls who have been cold for two days and haven't had heater power, and they're saying 'Hey, look we don't have school why don't we go, let's get out of here.' I think there are a lot of parents that would be like, 'Look, if I can do this great.' That's what I wanted to do," he told the TV station.
It's all optics, as a Senator there's not much he can do unless the Biden administration is going to be a drag (which I doubt they would.). I can assure you, come campaign season his rivals will use this against him as someone who cuts and runs.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Certified BADASS right here....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-caroli ... le-husband

A South Carolina armed home invader who attacked a 79-year-old woman near her back door is dead after the victim’s 82-year-old Vietnam War veteran husband beat him down with the butt end of a shotgun earlier this week, according to local authorities.

Herbert Parrish snatched the firearm off a wall mount after the suspect, identified as 61-year-old Harold Runnels, broke into the home with a knife, knocked his wife to the ground and slashed her forehead Monday afternoon, Columbia, S.C.-based FOX 57 reported.

He lived in a nearby mobile home community, according to WJBF-TV, and approached by knocking on the back door and asking if the couple had seen a missing dog.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:18 am Certified BADASS right here....

A South Carolina armed home invader who attacked a 79-year-old woman near her back door is dead after the victim’s 82-year-old Vietnam War veteran husband beat him down with the butt end of a shotgun earlier this week, according to local authorities.

Herbert Parrish snatched the firearm off a wall mount after the suspect, identified as 61-year-old Harold Runnels, broke into the home with a knife, knocked his wife to the ground and slashed her forehead Monday afternoon, Columbia, S.C.-based FOX 57 reported.

He lived in a nearby mobile home community, according to WJBF-TV, and approached by knocking on the back door and asking if the couple had seen a missing dog.
:lol: You don't mess with a man's wife.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:54 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:18 am Certified BADASS right here....

:lol: You don't mess with a man's wife.
61 year old getting his ass whooped by an 82 year old??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Stomped him a new mudhole, he did.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Kim Kardashian has filed for divorce from Kenya West...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56133017

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Pwns wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:37 pm iF tHe RiOtERs hAD bEEn pEoPlE oF cOLoR tHEy wOUld'Ve bEEn KIlLeD.

e

Googling around I came away with the impression that Clinton did not pardon them. He offered them conditional clemency. Not the same thing.

I also don't think that incident, while very bad, is on the same level as what happened this past January 6.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:06 pm
Pwns wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:37 pm iF tHe RiOtERs hAD bEEn pEoPlE oF cOLoR tHEy wOUld'Ve bEEn KIlLeD.

e

Googling around I came away with the impression that Clinton did not pardon them. He offered them conditional clemency. Not the same thing.

I also don't think that incident, while very bad, is on the same level as what happened this past January 6.
Yeah, shooting 5 congressmen is nothing compared to walking through in single file and sitting at Pelosi’s desk.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lets's play strip poker!
https://www.foxnews.com/media/mainstrea ... ions-cuomo
I see this morning that other MSM outlets (CBS, NYT, etc) have finally started reporting the story..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I WGAF about the Cuomo allegations except for his comments vis a vi Ballsy Ford during the Kavanaugh hearings:

"I think the way they are handling it is disgusting...To cheapen or ridicule the pain a woman suffers from a sexual attack is disgusting—sexist and disgusting. To second guess how a woman should've acted after a sexual attack is sexist and disgusting."

“There is a disrespect for women that this administration chronically exemplifies. After the Me Too movement, they did absolutely nothing when it came to sexual harassment. They have always diminished the charges of women. Always. Consistently. And they’re doing it again.”
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/video- ... s-handling

And he leaves that up on his website.. :lol: , although I bet for not much longer..Lawl, you can't make this shit up... :rofl: I guess for Cuomo (outside of killing old people in nursing homes), its believe all women, no matter what, except when they accuse him..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://notthebee.com/article/boston-pu ... jmO77AIyHc

Yes, let’s penalize the smart ones who are working hard, and dumb everyone down to the least common denominator. That should work REALLY well for the future of this county.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

2 day old news. Kayleigh McEnany joining Fox News. I know, shocker.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I kinda of hope this gains traction. :coffee:

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Something you would not have seen before President Trump