Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Fake News media and the left pulls a Bubba Wallace/Jessie Smollett hoax:
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08/09 ... tv-n423496
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SNHU Commercial airing makes the following claim:

"The world we live in equally distributes talent, but it doesn't equally distribute opportunity."

What a bunch of horseshit that statement is. There's no WAY talent is distributed equally.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-gover ... -graduates
Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Democrat, signed a bill last month with little fanfare that drops the requirement that high school students prove proficiency in reading, writing or math before graduation, a report said.

The Oregonian reported that the governor has seemed to avoid discussing Senate Bill 744. Her move to sign the bill was "not public until recently, because her office did not hold a signing ceremony or issue press release." The paper also pointed out that the bill was first signed on July 14 but not added into the state’s database until July 29 due to a glitch in the system.

Brown’s office did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.

In June, state lawmakers voted to approve the bill that suspended the requirements for students for three years, KATU reported. Foundations for a Better Oregon said in a statement at the time that the bill is intended to "truly reflect what every student needs to thrive in the 21st century." Supporters of the bill insist that considering math and reading essential skills has been an unfair challenge for students who do not test well. The report said the requirement was first suspended at the start of the pandemic.

The KATU report pointed out that Republicans have come out against the bill and claim that it lowers "expectations for our kids." But there was some bipartisan support.

Charles Boyle, the deputy communications director from Brown’s office, told the paper in an email that staff from the governor’s office informed legislative staffers about the bill's signing on the day it was passed. He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

The paper reported that the bill could stay in effect for five years until new requirements.

The paper's editorial staff urged Brown to veto the bill back in June.

"Oregon schools were among the last in the country to reopen to in-person instruction during the pandemic," an editorial read. "Our legislators should be focused on how to help students regain the ground they’ve lost after a year and a half of distance learning and hybrid instruction – not on lowering our standards."
Can someone please explain to me how this is NOT considered racist? Basically they're saying the minorities are just too stupid, can't pass school, so they're changing the standards so more kids can feel good about graduating, even though they're not actually "educated". It is astounding how blatantly racist democrats can be while wrapped in the flag of "unity" and "progress".
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-gover ... -graduates
Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Democrat, signed a bill last month with little fanfare that drops the requirement that high school students prove proficiency in reading, writing or math before graduation, a report said.

The Oregonian reported that the governor has seemed to avoid discussing Senate Bill 744. Her move to sign the bill was "not public until recently, because her office did not hold a signing ceremony or issue press release." The paper also pointed out that the bill was first signed on July 14 but not added into the state’s database until July 29 due to a glitch in the system.

Brown’s office did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.

In June, state lawmakers voted to approve the bill that suspended the requirements for students for three years, KATU reported. Foundations for a Better Oregon said in a statement at the time that the bill is intended to "truly reflect what every student needs to thrive in the 21st century." Supporters of the bill insist that considering math and reading essential skills has been an unfair challenge for students who do not test well. The report said the requirement was first suspended at the start of the pandemic.

The KATU report pointed out that Republicans have come out against the bill and claim that it lowers "expectations for our kids." But there was some bipartisan support.

Charles Boyle, the deputy communications director from Brown’s office, told the paper in an email that staff from the governor’s office informed legislative staffers about the bill's signing on the day it was passed. He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

The paper reported that the bill could stay in effect for five years until new requirements.

"Oregon schools were among the last in the country to reopen to in-person instruction during the pandemic," an editorial read. "Our legislators should be focused on how to help students regain the ground they’ve lost after a year and a half of distance learning and hybrid instruction – not on lowering our standards."
Can someone please explain to me how this is NOT considered racist? Basically they're saying the minorities are just too stupid, can't pass school, so they're changing the standards so more kids can feel good about graduating, even though they're not actually "educated". It is astounding how blatantly racist democrats can be while wrapped in the flag of "unity" and "progress".
uH..YEAH. I read that as, " we've got non-whites struggling with basic requirements so we're going to lower the bar." :ohno: It's a disservice to those kids and hardly a win for education.

Shit...Oregon is going to make South Carolina's education look better by comparison w/ BS like this.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-gover ... -graduates

It's typical white liberal racist BS. Minorities are too dumb to pass these classes, too dumb to get an ID, too dumb to know how to vote, etc.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:22 pm

It's typical white liberal racist BS. Minorities are too dumb to pass these classes, too dumb to get an ID, too dumb to know how to vote, etc.
yep. It's a consistent theme in all their "wokeness". Damned minorities are just too stupid to survive in today's world, according to them.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:27 pm SNHU Commercial airing makes the following claim:

"The world we live in equally distributes talent, but it doesn't equally distribute opportunity."

What a bunch of horseshit that statement is. There's no WAY talent is distributed equally.
Yeah...I hate that commercial. The school administration is utter shitte.

Full Disclosure - MrsCCU is an adjunct at SNHU.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-gover ... -graduates

Shhhh AZ

When they can’t read a job application it makes the hiring decision easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:37 am
AZGrizFan wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-gover ... -graduates

Shhhh AZ

When they can’t read a job application it makes the hiring decision easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And yet Oregon wokes act like they're doing these kids a favor.

Fucking morons (and I'm not talking about the minorities...).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:36 pm Man, what a shitty way to go..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-brothers-die-manure-pit
Now, c'mon BDK. No need to dump all over them.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Q’s gonna Q I guess.

The takeaway here is election tampering is a two way street. It’s pretty tough to be trusted when you’re attending Lindell symposiums...
Colorado officials said Thursday that a local county clerk allowed an unauthorized person into a secure facility during an annual upgrade to the county's election equipment software, compromising the equipment.

The Mesa County clerk, Tina Peters, could be in legal trouble. She's currently at a conference led by a prominent election conspiracy theorist.

That security breach means Mesa County, in the far western part of the state, will not be able to use the equipment for its fall election. While the unauthorized access did not create an imminent, direct security risk to Colorado's elections, Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold said her office's investigation confirmed that the unauthorized person did release the passwords for the underlying voting machine software online.

"We know that that information was posted by an extreme conspiracy theorist last week," Griswold said, referring to the Gateway Pundit, a conservative news site that traffics in election conspiracy theories......

Griswold also said that one week before the breach, Peters ordered her staff to turn off the video surveillance system that monitors the voting machines and that it was only recently turned back on. She said her office is still waiting for more information and documentation and hasn't been in contact with Peters since launching the investigation Monday.

Peters is currently out of state for a "cyber symposium" hosted by Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow. Lindell has become a champion of conspiracy theories that the election was stolen from former President Donald Trump. The proof of fraud Lindell said he would reveal at the symposium did not materialize.
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12/10272251 ... QBluxHfuD8
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

7.2 earthquake in Haiti this morning.

The 7.0 earthquake in 2010 killed ~160,000 people.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:55 am 7.2 earthquake in Haiti this morning.

Great. another chance for Biden to excel. Apparently the tectonic plates around Haiti don’t like Dem politicians….
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:33 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:55 am 7.2 earthquake in Haiti this morning.

Great. another chance for Biden to excel. Apparently the tectonic plates around Haiti don’t like Dem politicians….
Last one was much cloer to Port-a-Prince.
https://time.com/6090462/earthquake-hits-haiti/
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

In other news, SeattleGriz has Jose's landscaping over to clear the hill on the property and put in a flagstone walkway from the patio to the shed!

Actually most excited for them to clear the hill. I simply couldn't throw yard waste away fast enough to truly clear the hill, in addition to it being full of blackberries as well. Now to go down the hill and remove ALL blackberry roots before next year. Article I read said that removing the roots will prevent 75% of them from returning. It's the last little bit of the yard I need to reclaim.

On a separate note, I fucking love Jose's! They aren't the nicest, but do a solid job. Have a tough time polishing my old turd of a house.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Interesting article in the WSJ about dopamine and digital addictions in wealthy countries.
Yet despite increased access to all of these feel-good drugs, we’re more miserable than ever before. Rates of depression, anxiety, physical pain and suicide are increasing all over the world, especially in rich nations. According to the World Happiness Report, which ranks 156 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be, Americans reported being less happy in 2018 than they were in 2008. Other wealthy countries saw similar decreases in self-reported happiness scores, including Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Japan, New Zealand and Italy. The Global Burden of Disease study found that the number of new cases of depression world-wide increased 50% between 1990 and 2017, with the highest increases in regions with the highest income, especially North America.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/digital-ad ... 1628861572
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The demented okd man has done the same thing Obama did in 2014.
On 20 August 2021, the U.S. Department of State released a fact sheet announcing Russian firearms and ammunition importation will be banned for a minimum of 12 months starting 7 September 2021. From state.gov:
Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

The ban is listed as a sanction pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons (CBW) Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991, over the supposed Russian use of the “Novichok” chemical agent to poison Aleksey Navainy.

Navainy was poisoned in August of 2020. He has been critical of the Putin regime in Russia. This is the second round of sanctions imposed on Russia by the United States over the Aleksey Navainy incident. The first round of sanctions did not ban the importation of Russian ammunition or firearms.

The implication is applications that have already been approved will not be revoked.

If that is correct, shipments of ammunition and firearms from Russia which have already been approved will be allowed to enter the United States and be sold.

It is unclear how long supplies in the pipeline will last.

The announcement is likely to rekindle the ammunition bubble for calibers commonly imported from Russia, such as 7.62×54, 7.62×39, 5.45×39, 5.56×45, and even match grade .22 ammunition.
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/breaki ... z74DohgJv3
I’ve got Tula 9 MM, .223, & 7.62x39. Just looked, and everywhere sold out or prices up.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm In other news, SeattleGriz has Jose's landscaping over to clear the hill on the property and put in a flagstone walkway from the patio to the shed!

Actually most excited for them to clear the hill. I simply couldn't throw yard waste away fast enough to truly clear the hill, in addition to it being full of blackberries as well. Now to go down the hill and remove ALL blackberry roots before next year. Article I read said that removing the roots will prevent 75% of them from returning. It's the last little bit of the yard I need to reclaim.

On a separate note, I fucking love Jose's! They aren't the nicest, but do a solid job. Have a tough time polishing my old turd of a house.
You’re getting RID of blackberry bushes?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:10 pm The demented okd man has done the same thing Obama did in 2014.
On 20 August 2021, the U.S. Department of State released a fact sheet announcing Russian firearms and ammunition importation will be banned for a minimum of 12 months starting 7 September 2021. From state.gov:
Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

The ban is listed as a sanction pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons (CBW) Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991, over the supposed Russian use of the “Novichok” chemical agent to poison Aleksey Navainy.

Navainy was poisoned in August of 2020. He has been critical of the Putin regime in Russia. This is the second round of sanctions imposed on Russia by the United States over the Aleksey Navainy incident. The first round of sanctions did not ban the importation of Russian ammunition or firearms.

The implication is applications that have already been approved will not be revoked.

If that is correct, shipments of ammunition and firearms from Russia which have already been approved will be allowed to enter the United States and be sold.

It is unclear how long supplies in the pipeline will last.

The announcement is likely to rekindle the ammunition bubble for calibers commonly imported from Russia, such as 7.62×54, 7.62×39, 5.45×39, 5.56×45, and even match grade .22 ammunition.
I’ve got Tula 9 MM, .223, & 7.62x39. Just looked, and everywhere sold out or prices up.
Just when ammo was almost getting back to a buy, this will blow it out of the water again. Oof. I have 7.62x39 stacked deeper than any other round, luckily. Enough for a few zombie apocalypses. I always preferred Golden Tiger, which is Ruskie. I don't shoot Ruskie in .223. I wouldn't treat a sensitive NATO rifle that way.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:18 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm In other news, SeattleGriz has Jose's landscaping over to clear the hill on the property and put in a flagstone walkway from the patio to the shed!

You’re getting RID of blackberry bushes?
I still have plenty on the other side of the fence, plus they grow like weeds.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:31 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:10 pm The demented okd man has done the same thing Obama did in 2014.

Just when ammo was almost getting back to a buy, this will blow it out of the water again. Oof. I have 7.62x39 stacked deeper than any other round, luckily. Enough for a few zombie apocalypses. I always preferred Golden Tiger, which is Ruskie. I don't shoot Ruskie in .223. I wouldn't treat a sensitive NATO rifle that way.
When I started writing this article, 7.62×39 ammo could be found for 27cpr online (with free shipping). As I write this sentence now, the price has already spiked to 32cpr shipped, and it’s likely going higher.

Edit: As of 9:45pm Eastern Time on 8/20 the lowest price shipped I am able to find is 40cpr.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... -ammo-ban/
Now on AmmoSeek make that 64cpr..
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:47 pm https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... -ammo-ban/
Now on AmmoSeek make that 64cpr..
Yeah, last 3,000 round shipment of ammo I bought was in October 2019. I got, from SG Ammo:

1k x IMI 62gr M855 for $309.50
1k x Golden Tiger 124gr 7.62x39 for $189.90
1k x Tula 115gr 9mm for $129.80

Looks like I won't be buying again anytime soon until we vote the liberals out.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

What's up with these Donks and their adoration for these ultra radical Leftist terrorists?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/25/entertai ... index.html
Spencer Elden, who appeared as a naked baby on the cover of Nirvana's 1991 album "Nevermind," has claimed the record's iconic artwork is child pornography and is suing the band over alleged "child sexual exploitation."

The rock album's cover features Elden, then an infant, swimming underwater while undressed, his eyes fixated on a one dollar bill. It became one of the most enduring images in rock music after the record's release.
i'm pretty sure i've read an article about how brags about being on the album cover and even uses, " I bet you've seen me naked" as a pick up line. He's recreated the album several times and NOW he feels sexualized? :dunce:

His past comments might be his undoing
It is a weird thing to get my head around, being part of such a culturally iconic image. But it’s always been a positive thing and opened doors for me. I’m 23 now and an artist, and this story gave me an opportunity to work with Shepard Fairey for five years, which was an awesome experience. He is a huge music connoisseur: when he heard I was the Nirvana baby, he thought that was really cool.

It helps with girls, too. Sometimes girls chat me up about it more than the other way around. I don’t tell them it’s me, and my friends boast about it more than I do. I would never go up to anyone wearing a Nirvana T-shirt and say, “Hey, that’s me”, but I was once recognised on a bridge in Venice when I was there for the Biennale. An Italian guy stopped me and said, “You’re the Nirvana baby!” which I thought was the craziest thing. I don’t know how anyone would recognise me.

I might have one of the most famous penises in the music industry, but no one would ever know that to look at me. Sooner or later, I want to create a print of a real-deal re-enactment shot, completely naked. Why not? I think it would be fun.
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... -nevermind