SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:37 pm
UNI88 wrote:
You're either obtuse or your avoiding the point.
With klam that’s a day ending in Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:50 pm
Kalm will be fine. He has more lives than a coackroach. ;)

I do have to give prop's to 88. He backed Kalm into an interesting corner and it was entertaining to watch Kalm have to really dig deep into his repertoire of non-speak. I think if the White House ever opened up the Press Secretary spot that kalm would be a shoe-in with his decade plus of experience at non-answers to political questions. If this board ever had a person that was ready for political office it would be Kalm. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:36 am
The climate is changing and they just whine and whine about it rather then learning to deal with it like you expect the MAGAts to.
I question this a bit '88. No conservative or libertarian that I know whines or denies that the climate is changing. What they would argue with is what is causing the change (Natural vs. Anthropegenic) and the fact that the proposed "solutions" are nothing but a massive wealth redistribution scheme set up under the guise of "helpful" regulations and carbon credits.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:04 am
The climate is changing and they just whine and whine about it rather then learning to deal with it like you expect the MAGAts to.
I question this a bit '88. No conservative or libertarian that I know whines or denies that the climate is changing. What they would argue with is what is causing the change (Natural vs. Anthropegenic) and the fact that the proposed "solutions" are nothing but a massive wealth redistribution scheme set up under the guise of "helpful" regulations and carbon credits.
If it’s anthropogenic, resource extraction/destruction is also a wealth redistribution scheme.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Consider the entire post and maybe the whole discussion to understand the context. Kalm posted "reality is what upsets most people…but especially MAGA’s" and I gave him examples of realities that upset pseudo-progressives, not conservatives or libertarians, including that one.

The underlying point is that if MAGAts are supposed to just accept and deal with realities that they find uncomfortable (lost elections, changing societal norms, etc.) why shouldn't pseudo-progressives just accept and deal with realities that they find uncomfortable such as climate change?

It's just another example of a hypocritical double-standard (that both extremes are guilty of).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:28 am

If it’s anthropogenic, resource extraction/destruction is also a wealth redistribution scheme.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

I do not follow, must be too nuanced.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 am

Consider the entire post and maybe the whole discussion to understand the context. Kalm posted "reality is what upsets most people…but especially MAGA’s" and I gave him examples of realities that upset pseudo-progressives, not conservatives or libertarians, including that one.

The underlying point is that if MAGAts are supposed to just accept and deal with realities that they find uncomfortable (lost elections, changing societal norms, etc.) why shouldn't pseudo-progressives just accept and deal with realities that they find uncomfortable such as climate change?

It's just another example of a hypocritical double-standard (that both extremes are guilty of).
Makes sense now after re-reading the conversation and your last paragraph.

My meeting I was in was too distracting and I should of paid more attention. :thumb:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:24 am

If carbon fuels create accelerated global warming the costs are shared by everyone. Socialized if you will. While the owners/investors and related benefitting industries enjoy the publicly subsidized profits.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 am

Reality still upsets people, regardless. And reality can be both positive and negative. People do end up on the wrong side of history sometimes.

EG: Trump lost. Life isnt always fair. Or so I’ve been told.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:47 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:24 am

If carbon fuels create accelerated global warming the costs are shared by everyone. Socialized if you will. While the owners/investors and related benefitting industries enjoy the publicly subsidized profits.
Ah. Now I get what you are driving at. :thumb:

Twisted, but interesting way of thinking about it. The public also get to enjoy those benefits of carbon fuels as well, in the forms of increased efficiency and greater productivity.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:16 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:47 am

Ah. Now I get what you are driving at. :thumb:

Twisted, but interesting way of thinking about it. The public also get to enjoy those benefits of carbon fuels as well, in the forms of increased efficiency and greater productivity.
Very true. The give and take of our system.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 am

I do have to give prop's to 88. He backed Kalm into an interesting corner and it was entertaining to watch Kalm have to really dig deep into his repertoire of non-speak. I think if the White House ever opened up the Press Secretary spot that kalm would be a shoe-in with his decade plus of experience at non-answers to political questions. If this board ever had a person that was ready for political office it would be Kalm. :nod:
Klam got nuthin' on Kleets.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I’m guilty of two things. I ask for clarity and I’m perfectly fine with having my mind changed.

I’m like gettin involved in a land war in Asia…

:ohno:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:15 pm

I’m perfectly fine with having my mind changed.
But it never happens.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:53 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:15 pm

I’m perfectly fine with having my mind changed.
But it never happens.
It happens all the time and that bothers you for some reason. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:36 am

But it never happens.
Your wife changing it for you doesn't count. :kisswink:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

But it never happens.
It happens about as often as 89 admits he's wrong ... :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:02 am

89 has been wrong about something? :suspicious:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Lincoln Project hucksters. :lol:

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 pm Lincoln Project hucksters. :lol:

Windsor is a master troll.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 am
Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 pm Lincoln Project hucksters. :lol:

Windsor is a master troll.
She's a wannabe James O'keefe but with way less of an impact for the Leftists.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

yay fact checkers!
A screenshot claiming to show a statement made by former U.S. president Donald Trump about the actor Alec Baldwin has been circulating online.

The ‘Save America’ masthead can be seen at the top of the image and the date Oct. 27, 2021, with text that reads: “A great President (me) once said ‘I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.’ Now Alec Baldwin, a total loser, has taken his impression of me to a new low by testing out his theory. Alec, you aren’t me! Now you’re going to prison, as you should have because of that terrible job you did on SNL (which I have hosted).”
https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2RO2LE
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:02 am