Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

In other news SeattleGriz's wife got an incorrectly filled package from Amazon. Instead of butt paste for the youngest, we got an Illusory 2piece Loungewear Outfit.

Looks like a tan crocheted sweat suit. Have no clue who in the hell would order/wear something like that. It does look as if a visor of some sort would complete the ensemble, along with leopard print tennis shoes. Stylish.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:02 pm In other news SeattleGriz's wife got an incorrectly filled package from Amazon. Instead of butt paste for the youngest, we got an Illusory 2piece Loungewear Outfit.

Looks like a tan crocheted sweat suit. Have no clue who in the hell would order/wear something like that. It does look as if a visor of some sort would complete the ensemble, along with leopard print tennis shoes. Stylish.
:pics:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:02 pm In other news SeattleGriz's wife got an incorrectly filled package from Amazon. Instead of butt paste for the youngest, we got an Illusory 2piece Loungewear Outfit.

:pics:
Ha. Was just looking.

LILLUSORY Trendy 2 Piece Outfits Oversized Slouchy 2022 Winter Matching Lounge Sets Cozy Knit Loungewear Sweater Sets https://a.co/d/fXNO0Wk

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GOP Rep. Andrew Clyde Shares AR-15 Lapel Pins With Republican Colleagues; Democrats and Gun-Control Karens Lose Their Minds.
https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2023/02 ... ds-n697713
Lol..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Sounds like this border rancher should be praised and given a medal, not arrested.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-ranc ... nse-claims
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Matt Gaetz cleared of all charges by DOJ. Tweet inside the tweet. Lots of coping and seething going on right now.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:37 am Matt Gaetz cleared of all charges by DOJ. Tweet inside the tweet. Lots of coping and seething going on right now.

Having charges dropped does not equal cleared of all charges, it means that they didn't feel there was enough proof to prosecute. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Did he take an underage girl across state lines?

And he still looks like Gretchen Whitmer's Klingon brother.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Not all bots are Russian. These guys boast to be pretty competent at hacking and manipulating elections.
A team of Israeli contractors who claim to have manipulated more than 30 elections around the world using hacking, sabotage and automated disinformation on social media has been exposed in a new investigation.

The unit is run by Tal Hanan, a 50-year-old former Israeli special forces operative who now works privately using the pseudonym “Jorge”, and appears to have been working under the radar in elections in various countries for more than two decades.

He is being unmasked by an international consortium of journalists. Hanan and his unit, which uses the codename “Team Jorge”, have been exposed by undercover footage and documents leaked to the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... tid=uc01c0
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In the wake wake of the biggest environmental disaster involving transportation in the US in years, what does Sec of Trans Buttajudge have to say about it- nothing. Instead says we have too many white construction workers..

https://ktxs.com/news/nation-world/butt ... -palestine

The lost of major issues with airlines, shipping, and rail over the last 2 years just keeps growing. Has there ever been a bigger disaster as Sec of Trans than Buttajudge?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:30 pm In the wake wake of the biggest environmental disaster involving transportation in the US in years, what does Sec of Trans Buttajudge have to say about it- nothing. Instead says we have too many white construction workers..

The lost of major issues with airlines, shipping, and rail over the last 2 years just keeps growing. Has there ever been a bigger disaster as Sec of Trans than Buttigieg?
Let's break that down.

CONSTRUCTION WORKER DEMOGRAPHICS AND STATISTICS IN THE US
The most common ethnicity of construction workers is White (52.9%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (27.7%), Black or African American (11.1%) and Unknown (4.0%).
US Census
Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent - 75.8%
Black or African American alone, percent(a) - 13.6%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a) - 1.3%
Asian alone, percent(a) 6.1%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent(a) - 0.3%
Two or More Races, percent - 2.9%
Hispanic or Latino, percent(b) - 18.9%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent - 59.3
What does this mean?
  • 59.3% of the population is White and 52.9% of construction workers are white. Whites are underrepresented in construction by -6.4%
  • 18.9% of the population is Hispanic or Latino and 27.7% of construction workers are Hispanic or Latino. Hispanics or Latinos are overrepresented in construction by +8.8%.
  • 13.6% of the population is Black and 11.1% of construction workers are Black. Blacks are underrepresented in construction by -2.5%.
Conclusion - either Buttigieg doesn't know what he's talking about or he's hoping people don't peak behind the curtain and see that he's full of sh!t.

Disclaimer: I don't know about the accuracy of the Zippia data but it's good for spitballing.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:30 pm In the wake wake of the biggest environmental disaster involving transportation in the US in years, what does Sec of Trans Buttajudge have to say about it- nothing. Instead says we have too many white construction workers..

The lost of major issues with airlines, shipping, and rail over the last 2 years just keeps growing. Has there ever been a bigger disaster as Sec of Trans than Buttigieg?
Let's break that down.

The most common ethnicity of construction workers is White (52.9%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (27.7%), Black or African American (11.1%) and Unknown (4.0%).
US Census
Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent - 75.8%
Black or African American alone, percent(a) - 13.6%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a) - 1.3%
Asian alone, percent(a) 6.1%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent(a) - 0.3%
Two or More Races, percent - 2.9%
Hispanic or Latino, percent(b) - 18.9%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent - 59.3
What does this mean?
  • 59.3% of the population is White and 52.9% of construction workers are white. Whites are underrepresented in construction by -6.4%
  • 18.9% of the population is Hispanic or Latino and 27.7% of construction workers are Hispanic or Latino. Hispanics or Latinos are overrepresented in construction by +8.8%.
  • 13.6% of the population is Black and 11.1% of construction workers are Black. Blacks are underrepresented in construction by -2.5%.
Conclusion - either Buttigieg doesn't know what he's talking about or he's hoping people don't peak behind the curtain and see that he's full of sh!t.

Disclaimer: I don't know about the accuracy of the Zippia data but it's good for spitballing.
I’d say the former. What exactly qualified him for Sec of Trans while still in his 30s? Small city major isn’t it. Probably were thousands if not tens of more people in the country far more qualified to be Sec of Trans that him- people with decades of experience in the airlines, shipping, rail, trucking, logistics, safety, engineering, etc local, state, fed govt and private sector.

Course we know why Bootajudge and the Biden WH 1st ignored this. East Palestine is a small (4,700) poor white town (98% non Hispanic white) in a county that Trump won by 45 (71.5%).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:28 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:51 pm
Let's break that down.

US Census

What does this mean?

I’d say the former. What exactly qualified him for Sec of Trans while still in his 30s? Small city major isn’t it. Probably were thousands if not tens of more people in the country far more qualified to be Sec of Trans that him- people with decades of experience in the airlines, shipping, rail, trucking, logistics, safety, engineering, etc local, state, fed govt and private sector.

Course we know why Bootajudge and the Biden WH 1st ignored this. East Palestine is a small (4,700) poor white town (98% non Hispanic white) in a county that Trump won by 45 (71.5%).
Experience matters but I think you could run an agency without it if you had a strong team of advisors. Buttigieg's problem is that he seems to have neither.

What experience qualified Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner to serve as senior advisors to trump?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 pm

Experience matters but I think you could run an agency without it if you had a strong team of advisors. Buttigieg's problem is that he seems to have neither.

What experience qualified Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner to serve as senior advisors to trump?
You can’t compare a senior advisor who has basically no employees under him (or a handful) to a Sec in charge of a fed dept that emplys tens of thousands of Fed employees in numerous agencies (I’m assuming DOT is tens of thousands).

I noticed Bootajudge also has gone with some ‘Its Trumps fault’ comments..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The derailment happened on the eastern side of East Palestine, OH, just over the PA border which the train was heading into. Both OH and PA govs gave their approval of a ‘controlled’ burn (Part of the 1 by 2 mile evac zone was in PA, and mushroom clouds don’t respect state lines). Well, the comtrolled burn created basically a mushroom cloud of hydrogen chloride and phosgene (hello WWI chemical warfare) over the town, which is what you get when you burn vinyl chloride. Well, at least it was a bipartisan. Now those DeWine and Shapiro are both trying to cover their asses by revising their previous statements about a controlled burn, and laying the blame on Norfolk Southern.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/02/16 ... g-1333381/
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

What does Ivanka and Jared have to do with Mayor Pete's horrible handling of the situation? Plus, they weren't cabinet member appointees.

False equivalency penalty (15 yards)
Flagrant Trump Derangement Syndrome penalty (15 yards)
:flag:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:50 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 pm Experience matters but I think you could run an agency without it if you had a strong team of advisors. Buttigieg's problem is that he seems to have neither.

You can’t compare a senior advisor who has basically no employees under him (or a handful) to a Sec in charge of a fed dept that employs tens of thousands of Fed employees in numerous agencies (I’m assuming DOT is tens of thousands).

You like to criticize Biden but nitpick to deflect attention away from trump hiring/appointing based on cronyism rather than qualifications.

trump's DOT did withdraw a proposed rule that would have mandated trains carrying hazardous chemicals utilize electronically controlled pneumatic (ECP) brakes but I'm not sure if you can blame it on him if the rule was unlikely to pass muster under the Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act of 2015 which was signed by Obama.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:29 pm

What does Ivanka and Jared have to do with Mayor Pete's horrible handling of the situation? Plus, they weren't cabinet member appointees.

Flagrant Trump Derangement Syndrome Type 1 penalty (15 yards)
Says the guy with a chronic case of Trump Derangement Syndrome Type 2. :poke:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:50 pm
You can’t compare a senior advisor who has basically no employees under him (or a handful) to a Sec in charge of a fed dept that employs tens of thousands of Fed employees in numerous agencies (I’m assuming DOT is tens of thousands).

You like to criticize Biden but nitpick to deflect attention away from trump hiring/appointing based on cronyism rather than qualifications.

trump's DOT did withdraw a proposed rule that would have mandated trains carrying hazardous chemicals utilize electronically controlled pneumatic (ECP) brakes but I'm not sure if you can blame it on him if the rule was unlikely to pass muster under the Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act of 2015 which was signed by Obama.
If it was such a problem, which I doubt, what the hell have Mayor Pete and Biden been doing? Too busy shooting down hot air balloons? Biden and Mayor Pete have been in office for over two years.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:45 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:29 pm

Flagrant Trump Derangement Syndrome Type 1 penalty (15 yards)
Says the guy with a chronic case of Trump Derangement Syndrome Type 2. :poke:
No. You. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:45 pm Says the guy with a chronic case of Trump Derangement Syndrome Type 2. :poke:
No. You. :lol:
I have type 1. Given the opportunity, type 1’s would kick trump in the nuts while type 2’s would lick them. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Is CNN agesist, sexist, or both?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Regardless of partisan swiping, there's no doubt this has been a terrible few days for Buttigieg and what short term political ambitions he might have. This is like his Katrina moment, and like Bush before him, he's going to take a significant political hit for his shortcomings here. 2024 is still far away, but this past week may have knocked Buttigieg from even thinking about running then.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:51 pm Regardless of partisan swiping, there's no doubt this has been a terrible few days for Buttigieg and what short term political ambitions he might have. This is like his Katrina moment, and like Bush before him, he's going to take a significant political hit for his shortcomings here. 2024 is still far away, but this past week may have knocked Buttigieg from even thinking about running then.
Bush? He's in the Michael Brown role on this one.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:12 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:51 pm Regardless of partisan swiping, there's no doubt this has been a terrible few days for Buttigieg and what short term political ambitions he might have. This is like his Katrina moment, and like Bush before him, he's going to take a significant political hit for his shortcomings here. 2024 is still far away, but this past week may have knocked Buttigieg from even thinking about running then.
Bush? He's in the Michael Brown role on this one.
I'm fine with that correction. I don't recall Brownie doing all that well in his Katrina moment either.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

^ this.