Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:32 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:44 am

Who you are is a reflection of the people you choose to associate and surround yourself with. :coffee:
Well my close friend group includes a Trump loving southerner who sold logging machinery and industrial pumps and a jack Mormon golf pro who lives on a family farm and believed Covid could be avoided by washing your hands daily in cow shit.

:?
I try to hang out with my niece and nephews as they are the happiest people I know and I am jealous. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:42 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:44 am

Who you are is a reflection of the people you choose to associate and surround yourself with. :coffee:
We're all screwed...
Probably should not have had that beer and cigar with me. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:52 am
kalm wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:32 am

Well my close friend group includes a Trump loving southerner who sold logging machinery and industrial pumps and a jack Mormon golf pro who lives on a family farm and believed Covid could be avoided by washing your hands daily in cow shit.

:?
I try to hang out with my niece and nephews as they are the happiest people I know and I am jealous. :D

:mrgreen:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:53 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:42 am
We're all screwed...
No..that isn't the problem. :)
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:11 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:52 am

:mrgreen:
Well with a name like that I can understand why he said what he said. :D

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:53 am

No..that isn't the problem. :)
Well if that is not the problem, then that means I am a solution. So all the beer drinking has paid off. :nod:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:38 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:44 pm

Vote DeSantis. You’ll have exactly that. :nod: :nod:
Is that the guy going after a business (Disney) b/c they disagree with one another?
No. That’s the guy going after a company that pledged to fight a bill preventing the sexualization of small children.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:14 pm

Is that the guy going after a business (Disney) b/c they disagree with one another?
No. That’s the guy going after a company that pledged to fight a bill preventing the sexualization of small children.
No. That’s the guy who gets a boner just thinking about kids theme parks.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

In other news, SeattleGriz will do about anything to spend time with his daughter. So much so that he bought tickets to the Stray Kids concert. KPop at its finest! :lol:

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:46 am In other news, SeattleGriz will do about anything to spend time with his daughter. So much so that he bought tickets to the Stray Kids concert. KPop at its finest! :lol:

You're a good dad! Bring earplugs. :nod:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CNN spent 300 million to launch CNN+. And they’re shutting it down after only 3 weeks. The biggest media failure ever.. :lol:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

So...yes. Got it.

Is there a course or curriculum in Florida K-4 teaching sex, gender, etc..?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Musk buying Twitter probably deserves it own thread. Left is losing their shit lol.. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

I do not understand what the deal is with the left and their fear of Trump coming back on Twitter? Ignore the guy, and he will eventually drift away, keeping him around by making every conversation or action about him, just does not make sense to me. It is giving him free publicity and legitimacy. :facepalm: Also going after Musk and his purchase of Twitter just makes them (the left) seem desperate and having something to hide.

The original letter is in the article link.
There is an coordinated organized effort in play by George Soros, Clinton and Obama staffers and European governments to pressure advertisers to stop advertising on Twitter. The reason, of course, is because it will soon be under the control of Elon Musk if the deal is officially completed. Leftists are so nervous about voices other than their own being given free reign on the social media platform that they are trying to suppress the support of advertisers on Twitter.

Democrats are a desperate group these days. Even with a Democrat in the White House and Democrat control of the House and the Senate, they are in very bad shape. Now Elon Musk is buying Twitter and one of their favorite platforms to push out their talking points and fabrications may not be so friendly to them. They are worried that Twitter may become as fair to conservative-leaning users as it is to liberal-leaning users. They can’t have that. Democrats rely on an obedience to groupthink to survive. Freedom of speech only goes one way for them and that’s their way.

Unfortunately for the haters, Elon Musk is very savvy about using Twitter. He’s exhibited a superpower level of using Twitter to clap back on critics and the nastiness aimed at him personally as well as his financial success. Musk has 90.7 million followers on Twitter. For comparison, Joe Biden has 21.8 million followers, George Soros has 349,000 followers, Jesse Lehrich has 59,000. Why did I include Soros and Lehrich? Because they are linked with the push against Musk. Lehrich is a former foreign policy adviser to Hillary Clinton. He interned for the Obama campaign in 2008 and worked for the anti-Trump American Bridge PAC. So, when Musk began to ask questions about dark money and who is funding the pressure on corporate advertisers on Twitter, eyebrows were raised.

Some of the most high-profile liberal figures have joined together to encourage advertisers to boycott Twitter if Elon Musk brings in his promised policy of unfettered ‘free speech.’

Twenty six NGOs and advocacy groups signed a letter expressing concern about the world’s richest man’s plan.

Musk himself responded to the letter asking who funded them: the answer being an assortment of ‘dark money groups’ like George Soros’s Open Society Foundation; NGOs founded by former Clinton and Obama administration staffers; wealthy Democrat donors and their family foundations; labor unions; and the governments of European nations.
The letter makes clear with the first demand that it’s really all about their fear that Trump will be reinstated on Twitter. Trump has said he’s not interested in returning to Twitter but that could change. The left cannot let the former president go, he consumes their thoughts 24/7 and they are crippled by that weakness. The signers of the letter claim that Musk’s takeover of Twitter will “further toxify our information ecosystem and be a direct threat to public safety, especially among those already most vulnerable and marginalized.”
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2022/ ... op-n467001

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Finally i can find out if the aliens were grey or green.

A House subcommittee is scheduled to hold next week the first open congressional hearing on unidentified aerial vehicles in more than half a century, with testimony from two top defense intelligence officials.

The hearing, scheduled for next Tuesday, is intended to focus on the work of a group within the Pentagon that is following up on the national security and flight-safety questions raised by the report.

“Since this is an area of high public interest, any undue secrecy can serve as an obstacle to solving the mystery, or it could prevent us from finding solutions to potential vulnerabilities,” said Representative André Carson, Democrat of Indiana and the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee’s subcommittee on counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and counterproliferation, which is holding the hearing. “This hearing is about examining steps that the Pentagon can take to reduce the stigma surrounding reporting by military pilots, and by civilian pilots.”
As revealed by John Greenewald jr. today, one of the federal intelligence officials who will be testifying before Congress is Scott Bray, Director of Naval Intelligence Activity. Also testifying will be Ronald S. Moultrie, undersecretary of defense for intelligence and security. It’s also been confirmed that Moultrie is now heading up the AOIMSG, so if anyone knows what’s going on, it should be him.
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/05/10 ... ek-n468296

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I don’t know the background to the story much or how this precipitated but on its surface it’s pretty fucked up.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:58 pm
Yeah…fuck those guys. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Thats as good as cops beating the fuck out of each other at the Capital! :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:29 pm I don’t know the background to the story much or how this precipitated but on its surface it’s pretty fucked up.

The people carrying the coffin are chanting "Jews will not replace us!" :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Jordan Peterson was right, again. :coffee:

Middle schoolers accused of sexual harassment for not using preferred pronouns, parents say
KIEL, Wis. (WBAY/Gray News) - The parents of three Wisconsin middle school students are asking the school district to stop a sexual harassment investigation into their sons and clear their records of any sort of charges or investigation.

The parents say that according to the Kiel Area School District, the Kiel Middle School students are under investigation for mispronouncing pronouns when referring to a classmate.

Last month, the parents of the three eighth-graders were notified their sons were being charged by school district officials with sexual harassment. A section of Title IX prohibits gender-based harassment in the form of name-calling on the basis of sex.

The district claims the boys were not referring to the student’s requested pronouns of “they” and “them.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Both students reportedly suspended. The bully for 1 day, the victim for 3 days. :dunce:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:19 pm Jordan Peterson was right, again. :coffee:

Middle schoolers accused of sexual harassment for not using preferred pronouns, parents say
KIEL, Wis. (WBAY/Gray News) - The parents of three Wisconsin middle school students are asking the school district to stop a sexual harassment investigation into their sons and clear their records of any sort of charges or investigation.

The parents say that according to the Kiel Area School District, the Kiel Middle School students are under investigation for mispronouncing pronouns when referring to a classmate.

Last month, the parents of the three eighth-graders were notified their sons were being charged by school district officials with sexual harassment. A section of Title IX prohibits gender-based harassment in the form of name-calling on the basis of sex.

The district claims the boys were not referring to the student’s requested pronouns of “they” and “them.
Saw that in Fox. The families of the 3 boys have a legal firm onboard
https://will-law.org/will-urges-kiel-sc ... -pronouns/
They ought to sue the fuck out of that school and school district, and the principal ought to be fired.