Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Armed Conk militia group occupies Malheur NWR offices

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:? :|
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbGdMKpHDDE[/youtube]

The Bundy family of Nevada joined with hard-core militiamen Saturday to take over the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, vowing to occupy the remote federal outpost 50 miles southeast of Burns for years.

The occupation came shortly after an estimated 300 marchers — militia and local citizens both — paraded through Burns to protest the prosecution of two Harney County ranchers, Dwight Hammond Jr. and Steven Hammond, who are to report to prison on Monday.

Among the occupiers is Ammon Bundy, son of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, and two of his brothers. Militia members at the refuge claimed they had as many as 100 supporters with them. The refuge, federal property managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, was closed and unoccupied for the holiday weekend.

In phone interviews from inside the occupied building Saturday night, Ammon Bundy and his brother, Ryan Bundy, said they are not looking to hurt anyone. But they would not rule out violence if police tried to remove them, they said.

"The facility has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds," Ammon Bundy said.

"We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely," he added. "This is not a decision we've made at the last minute."
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... quiet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Armed Conk militia group occupies Malheur NWR offices

Post by kalm »

I don't like mandatory minimums or hate/terrorism provisions in sentencing. Like everyone else, I also hate bureaucrats. The 5 years seems excessive...if the Hammonds weren't such colossal and destructive douchebags.

The've done well enough while running cattle on our lands to be able to pay a $400,000 settlement as a portion of the cost of fighting the fires they started. And then they block others from using the same land? The BLM has been amazingly patient in these cases and by most accounts is a relatively easy agency to work with. They work hard to maintain and manage property owned by everyone and let these people make money off of it for very little to no cost. America!

The Hammonds, just like Cliven Bundy, appear to be welfare whores of the first order.

And then there's the geniuses in the militia movement... :rofl: :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BTW, for those who have never been there, the Oregon "Outback" is really frickin' cool. When I was a kid, we used to drive through it on the way to watch Eastern play Nevada back when the Wolfpack were still in the Big Sky. High desert, interesting geology, abundant critters.

Someday I'm going to spend a month or so exploring and fishing the area around Steens Mountain and the Owhyee River drainage. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:I don't like mandatory minimums or hate/terrorism provisions in sentencing. Like everyone else, I also hate bureaucrats. The 5 years seems excessive...if the Hammonds weren't such colossal and destructive douchebags.

The've done well enough while running cattle on our lands to be able to pay a $400,000 settlement as a portion of the cost of fighting the fires they started. And then they block others from using the same land? The BLM has been amazingly patient in these cases and by most accounts is a relatively easy agency to work with. They work hard to maintain and manage property owned by everyone and let these people make money off of it for very little to no cost. America!

The Hammonds, just like Cliven Bundy, appear to be welfare whores of the first order.

And then there's the geniuses in the militia movement... :rofl: :dunce:
How many hostages,er, collateral damage, do they have?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:BTW, for those who have never been there, the Oregon "Outback" is really frickin' cool. When I was a kid, we used to drive through it on the way to watch Eastern play Nevada back when the Wolfpack were still in the Big Sky. High desert, interesting geology, abundant critters.

Someday I'm going to spend a month or so exploring and fishing the area around Steens Mountain and the Owhyee River drainage. :nod:
If it's anything like the Eastern Washington scablands, no thanks. That stretch from the Dry Shitties to Spokane is just dire. :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kalm wrote:BTW, for those who have never been there, the Oregon "Outback" is really frickin' cool. When I was a kid, we used to drive through it on the way to watch Eastern play Nevada back when the Wolfpack were still in the Big Sky. High desert, interesting geology, abundant critters.

If it's anything like the Eastern Washington scablands, no thanks. That stretch from the Dry Shitties to Spokane is just dire. :ohno:
Get your lazy ass off the interstate and actually see the scablands. :coffee:

Don't make me post pictures, bro! :tothehand:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Is it the fact that they're armed what you don't like? When liberal protesters tie up city streets and parks, you applaud them.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:Is it the fact that they're armed what you don't like? When liberal protesters tie up city streets and parks, you applaud them.
Um yeah. Armed militia members breaking into closed government offices and saying they can only be removed by force. Why, it's practically the exact same thing! :lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: If it's anything like the Eastern Washington scablands, no thanks. That stretch from the Dry Shitties to Spokane is just dire. :ohno:

Maybe in the spring when everything is still green, but by early July last year it was dryer than BDK's gash. And F getting off the interstate on an already 12 hour drive.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kalm wrote:

Maybe in the spring when everything is still green, but by early July last year it was dryer than BDK's gash. And F getting off the interstate on an already 12 hour drive.
You're doing something wrong in the foreplay part. You gotta quote from Atlas Shrugged until he's nice and wet - when you want him to cream lean over and whisper in his ear: "I am John Galt!"
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote:Is it the fact that they're armed what you don't like? When liberal protesters tie up city streets and parks, you applaud them.
Um yeah. Armed militia members breaking into closed government offices and saying they can only be removed by force. Why, it's practically the exact same thing! :lol:
:rofl:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

#occupy Malheur

:lol:
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

kalm wrote:
Actually it is. The Soros-funded out-of-state thugs who came into town for the Ferguson festivities tried to pull similar shit.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CitadelGrad wrote:
kalm wrote:
Actually it is. The Soros-funded out-of-state thugs who came into town for the Ferguson festivities tried to pull similar shit.
Really? I didn't here that. They were trying to break into and occupy federal buildings by force?

Thanks, liberal media! :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

*hear
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
Really? I didn't here that. They were trying to break into and occupy federal buildings by force?

No, they only looted and/or destroyed 40+ businesses. :coffee:

When this bunch of yahoos start looting, vandalizing, destroying property and killing, and raping people, then get back at me. :coffee: :coffee:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

kalm wrote:
Buffdry :dunce: :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:

No, they only looted and/or destroyed 40+ businesses. :coffee:

When this bunch of yahoos start looting, vandalizing, destroying property and killing, and raping people, then get back at me. :coffee: :coffee:
Yes, if the a bunch of black folks had simply broke into and occupied a federal building in St. Louis they would have had yours and Graddy's full support! :lol: :dunce:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Here comes the chorus of "if these people were black" on social media

BLM protestors occupied the Ferguson PD building, threw molotov cocktails, and destroyed property and the police killed no one.

Yet we're supposed to beleive this would be another Waco if these militiamen were black. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I'm glad Ryan Bundy has driven all that way to fight for local control! :lol:
One of the protesters occupying a national wildlife refuge in Oregon says the ultimate goal is to turn the land over to local authorities so people can use it free of federal oversight.

Ryan Bundy — one of the sons of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who was involved in a 2014 standoff with the government over grazing rights — told The Associated Press Sunday the protesters want to "restore the rights to people so they can use the land and resources" for ranching, logging, mining and recreation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-orego ... 09704.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:I'm glad Ryan Bundy has driven all that way to fight for local control! :lol:
One of the protesters occupying a national wildlife refuge in Oregon says the ultimate goal is to turn the land over to local authorities so people can use it free of federal oversight.

Ryan Bundy — one of the sons of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who was involved in a 2014 standoff with the government over grazing rights — told The Associated Press Sunday the protesters want to "restore the rights to people so they can use the land and resources" for ranching, logging, mining and recreation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-orego ... 09704.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I be more impressed if Buddy Ryan did it. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I don't think they have any chance but I do think there should be a massive reduction in land area owned and/or controlled by the Federal government. Especially out West. It should look much more like the East if not even less than that. There's no reason to allow the Federal government to own and control all that land. It should be controlled by the States it's in or transferred to private ownership.

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Armed Conk militia group occupies Malheur NWR offices

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:I don't think they have any chance but I do think there should be a massive reduction in land area owned and/or controlled by the Federal government. Especially out West. It should look much more like the East if not even less than that. There's no reason to allow the Federal government to own and control all that land. It should be controlled by the States it's in or transferred to private ownership.

Agreed. Make states the stewards of their land.

Nevada always amazes me. They didn't meet the qualifications to become a state to begin with, I wonder if they still do.

Ha. Good one.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

JohnStOnge wrote:I don't think they have any chance but I do think there should be a massive reduction in land area owned and/or controlled by the Federal government. Especially out West. It should look much more like the East if not even less than that. There's no reason to allow the Federal government to own and control all that land. It should be controlled by the States it's in or transferred to private ownership.

If that happened the landscape would start to look like the east, and lord knows nobody wants that. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:ohno:

This land is your land; this land is my land. :geek: