Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Kerry: Iran Gets Nuclear Weapons

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Yep, just like ISIS isn't Bush and co's problem, even though they so foolishly created the power vaccuum that's allowed them to flourish in Iraq. :thumb:
Obama pulling troops out is creating more of a power vacuum than anything Bush did. Nice try but only the left will buy the shit you are selling. :dunce:

:coffee:
IIRC everyone wanted us out of Iraq about the time Obama took over.
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

GannonFan wrote:Iran gets nukes, Russia gets the Ukraine, ISIS gets Syria and lots of Iraqi desert. Why North Korea isn't taking advantage of this opportunity to get what they want is beyond me. Maybe they were too focused on that movie and lost perspective?
Or as TMan said, maybe Rodman should be negotiating ;)
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

If they want nukes, we should give them nukes.

BOOM!
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cluck U wrote:If they want nukes, we should give them nukes.

BOOM!
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Obama pulling troops out is creating more of a power vacuum than anything Bush did. Nice try but only the left will buy the shit you are selling. :dunce:

I wanted us out the day their dipshit "president" (or whatever the fuck they call him) said he didn't want US troops there.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

Since our friend alphie don't read too good, or can't click a link, I'll post this for a third time.
The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Obama pulling troops out is creating more of a power vacuum than anything Bush did. Nice try but only the left will buy the **** you are selling. :dunce:

:ohno: There you go again interjecting facts...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kalm wrote:
Since our friend alphie don't read too good, or can't click a link, I'll post this for a third time.
The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011
The repeated blows to the head have scrambled Alfie until he sounds like John McCain... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:So how long until the Israelis make a bombing run?
As soon as we say its OK. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

travelinman67 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Sanctions working against China.... :rofl:

Right, tubesteak67, we'll get tough with our banker; show them who the boss is... :roll:

...totally dissociated from reality... :ohno:
China developed their nuclear program with Russia's assistance in the late 50's in the height of the Cold War. Sanctions were never on the table.

:roll:

Densedawg, try:

1. Read S-L-O-W-L-Y.

2. Wait a few minutes, then reread.

3. Ask relevant questions about your draft response, then wait a few minutes and reread your response BEFORE posting.
You're missing the point, unravelinman - If the sanctions don't work against China they don't work at all. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:All I know is that for the next 72 hour news cycle this will be "News"
because in TEN YEARS Iran will have Nukes... OMG!!! Run

its like being in kindergarten around here

I've got news for you
In ten years we could all be dead
In ten years we could be at war with China
In ten years Russia could have already invaded Iran Pakistan and Poland

Ten years... :rofl: In ten years Somalia could have Nukes

Run Chicken Little Run
You'd think they'd give us a little time to recover after such a narrow escape from the Ebola epidemic. :coffee: :coffee:
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

houndawg wrote:
travelinman67 wrote:
China developed their nuclear program with Russia's assistance in the late 50's in the height of the Cold War. Sanctions were never on the table.

:roll:

Densedawg, try:

1. Read S-L-O-W-L-Y.

2. Wait a few minutes, then reread.

3. Ask relevant questions about your draft response, then wait a few minutes and reread your response BEFORE posting.
You're missing the point, unravelinman - If the sanctions don't work against China they don't work at all. :coffee:
Man, you're dense.

Sanctions WERE NEVER CONSIDERED by Eisenhower as China's program was non-developmental: Russia gave China turn-key equipment and materials. From Mao's initial statement of intent to transfer of technology was a period of four years.
To clarify my point, sanctions WERE LATER USED AGAINST CHINA to resolve trade and economic disagreements, and the results were highly favorable.

Sanctions can work.

Iran can be prevented from developing a weaponization program, IF the other nuclear nations work in concert.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:So how long until the Israelis make a bombing run?
I'm pretty sure Netanyahu doesn't give one flying vertical fuck what the U.S. thinks right now...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But the FACT that sanctions worked against NoKo until WE decided to not enforce them doesn't resonate with you? :dunce: :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I'm pretty sure Netanyahu doesn't give one flying vertical fuck what the U.S. thinks right now...
Not right now. But during Dubya's administration, Israel repeatedly asked to fire and was told no. In all honesty, Israel should be attacking with extreme prejudice.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Not right now. But during Dubya's administration, Israel repeatedly asked to fire and was told no. In all honesty, Israel should be attacking with extreme prejudice.
Attack in what sense? You really think they're capable of taking on Iran mano y mano without Uncle Sam backing them up?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Not right now. But during Dubya's administration, Israel repeatedly asked to fire and was told no. In all honesty, Israel should be attacking with extreme prejudice.
Attack in what sense? You really think they're capable of taking on Iran mano y mano without Uncle Sam backing them up?
Airstrikes, rockets, etc... They'll need help but let them defend themselves how they see fit.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Airstrikes, rockets, etc... They'll need help but let them defend themselves how they see fit.
Well, they've made numerous airstrikes on Iranian nuclear facilities in the past, and there was the Stuxnet worm that took out an enrichment facility a few years ago.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

travelinman67 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Man, you're dense.

Sanctions WERE NEVER CONSIDERED by Eisenhower as China's program was non-developmental: Russia gave China turn-key equipment and materials. From Mao's initial statement of intent to transfer of technology was a period of four years.
To clarify my point, sanctions WERE LATER USED AGAINST CHINA to resolve trade and economic disagreements, and the results were highly favorable.

Sanctions can work.

Iran can be prevented from developing a weaponization program, IF the other nuclear nations work in concert.
Not against China today, 60 years later. And Pakistan and North Korea, at least, will be happy to do bidniz with Iran, and most likely already have. You're a couple of decades behind, old son... :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
They'll put up a good fight, but without us they are ancient history, and so what? Don't see why we need any part of this ancient conflict between tribes of goat herders. We have all the oil we need right here. Let China use their new Navy to keep that other oil safe for the rest of them. Right off the bat we save a quarter trillion in defense costs and our oil consumption drops with only half the current military to fuel. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

You recall correctly. I also recall Conks screaming that the USA shouldn't be the world police and we should let other countries carry their fair share. Funny how things work out. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Airstrikes, rockets, etc... They'll need help but let them defend themselves how they see fit.
They'll put up a good fight, but without us they are ancient history, and so what? Don't see why we need any part of this ancient conflict between tribes of goat herders. We have all the oil we need right here. Let China use their new Navy to keep that other oil safe for the rest of them. Right off the bat we save a quarter trillion in defense costs and our oil consumption drops with only half the current military to fuel. :coffee:
For the most part yes...until we actually try to drill our own oil then the donks talk a different game.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But the FACT that sanctions worked against NoKo until WE decided to not enforce them doesn't resonate with you? :dunce: :dunce:
translation: sanctions didn't work against NoKo. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:
For the most part yes...until we actually try to drill our own oil then the donks talk a different game.
Who is the world's largest producer of oil? :?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
Who is the world's largest producer of oil? :?
B-but ANWR!!