Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:49 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:39 am

Defending land that would cost huge amounts of bodies to defend never sounds like a good idea. As stated I'm reading Ukraine lost men at an 8:1 ratio.

Denazification and demilitarization was always the stated goal.

No excitement here, just pointing out the mainstream media is full of shit.
Institute of war is msm? Go ahead and post up your sources (I noticed you rarely do).
Institute of War is a propaganda group for neocons. More grift for Bill Kristol and his Lincoln Project type buddies. Didn't mean to imply they were MSM, but the MSM is full of shit and after the last five years of you buying everything they sell, can't understand why you would keep trying to kick that football Charlie Brown.

My main source of information is retired Col Douglas Mc Gregor. Stated that a long time ago.

M
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:34 am

Lol. You seem awful excited about Soledar.

Ukrainians take Kherson, prewar population ~300k and a regional capital. The only regional capital captured by Russians in the last year. "Meh. Strategic withdrawal."

Russians take Soledar. Population 10k. You hadn't heard of it a week ago. Seems you just confused it with Bakhmut. And you're excited. Great victory for the motherland!!!
Defending land that would cost huge amounts of bodies to defend never sounds like a good idea. As stated I'm reading Ukraine lost men at an 8:1 ratio.

If the Russians were serious about denazification, they would lock up the Wagner Group and Putin would put a pistol under his chin. It's a bullshit excuse. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:57 am

Institute of war is msm? Go ahead and post up your sources (I noticed you rarely do).
Institute of War is a propaganda group for neocons. More grift for Bill Kristol and his Lincoln Project type buddies. Didn't mean to imply they were MSM, but the MSM is full of shit and after the last five years of you buying everything they sell, can't understand why you would keep trying to kick that football Charlie Brown.

My main source of information is retired Col Douglas Mc Gregor. Stated that a long time ago.

M
Jesus…get better sources.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:12 am

If the Russians were serious about denazification, they would lock up the Wagner Group and Putin would put a pistol under his chin. It's a bullshit excuse. :coffee:
Read up on Stepan Bandera and how he was recently claimed a hero for Ukraine. Not to mention looking into how the Ukronazis treated those on the E border.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:28 am

M
It's understandable you'd be angry I've pointed out how wrong you've been over the last five years. Russia collusion, Covington Catholic, Ukraine impeachment.

Keep kicking Charlie Brown!! Bill Kristol!! :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:30 am

It's understandable you'd be angry I've pointed out how wrong you've been over the last five years. Russia collusion, Covington Catholic, Ukraine impeachment.

Not angry at all. Just sad.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:14 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:30 am

Not angry at all. Just sad.
Me too bro. I just see us at opposite ends and I blame the media. I think the media has been lying about how badly the Ukrainians are being beaten. It keeps support for the war high, and as a result, thousands of able bodied Ukrainians are being sent to the slaughter. If what I believe to be the truth is correct and was accurately reported, a peace would have been negotiated.

Not saying a negotiation would be fair, just that it would prevent the continuation of deaths.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:29 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:12 am
Read up on Stepan Bandera and how he was recently claimed a hero for Ukraine. Not to mention looking into how the Ukronazis treated those on the E border.
At least you're not denying that Wagner and Putin are Nazis.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:57 amMy main source of information is retired Col Douglas Mc Gregor. Stated that a long time ago.

M
The guy that has been saying Russia is just about to annihilate Ukraine ever since last February?
As the war in Ukraine continues into its fourth week, here's a look at some of the comments Macgregor has made since the start of the conflict.

"If they don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them."

Speaking to Fox News three days after the Ukraine invasion began, Macgregor suggested that the conflict was already nearing an end:

"The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over, all of the Ukrainian troops there have been largely surrounded and cut off. You have a concentration down in the Southeast of 30 or 40,000 of them, and if they don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them.
https://www.newsweek.com/what-putin-win ... ar-1689802
A Tucker Carlson guest claimed that Ukraine was nearing defeat, despite the country staging a massive counteroffensive that has liberated large swathes of the country from Russian control.

Carlson’s top expert on the war, retired Colonel Douglas MacGregor, told viewers of the right-wing Fox News show that “this war may be over soon.:”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 65684.html

Maybe he was misinterpreted and was really just talking about Soledar the whole time? :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:24 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:57 amMy main source of information is retired Col Douglas Mc Gregor. Stated that a long time ago.

M
The guy that has been saying Russia is just about to annihilate Ukraine ever since last February?
As the war in Ukraine continues into its fourth week, here's a look at some of the comments Macgregor has made since the start of the conflict.

"If they don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them."

Speaking to Fox News three days after the Ukraine invasion began, Macgregor suggested that the conflict was already nearing an end:

"The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over, all of the Ukrainian troops there have been largely surrounded and cut off. You have a concentration down in the Southeast of 30 or 40,000 of them, and if they don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them.
https://www.newsweek.com/what-putin-win ... ar-1689802
A Tucker Carlson guest claimed that Ukraine was nearing defeat, despite the country staging a massive counteroffensive that has liberated large swathes of the country from Russian control.

Carlson’s top expert on the war, retired Colonel Douglas MacGregor, told viewers of the right-wing Fox News show that “this war may be over soon.:”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 65684.html

Maybe he was misinterpreted and was really just talking about Soledar the whole time? :lol:
Yeah…his wiki page and history aren’t exactly flattering. Of course Trump wanted him appointed. :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

M
Yeah, like Rolling Stone, GQ, and Ron Filipkowski tweets. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

M
... the msm being full of shit has nothing to do with the bullshit you're selling. :ohno:

You're like those slimy evangelical types trying to sell the notion that because evolution is wrong that means their creationist twaddle must be true when really it just means you're wrong two ways. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:51 pm

M
... the msm being full of shit has nothing to do with the bullshit you're selling. :ohno:

You're like those slimy evangelical types trying to sell the notion that because evolution is wrong that means their creationist twaddle must be true when really it just means you're wrong two ways. :coffee:
That hurts ma'am. I don't think I want to take you or your luggage to the airport.

You just displaced Silenoz as Reek #2 when this all shakes out.

Lastly, your statement shows you truly never understood what those threads were about. They were never about Creationism per se, but more about how one line of thinking which cannot defend itself from questioning somehow precludes all other evidence from being true or discussed.

The science must've been too deep for you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

:thumb:
Baldy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Yeah, like Rolling Stone, GQ, and Ron Filipkowski tweets. :lol:
Ah yes…the Halcyon days of CS when I used to post Taibbi links. He’s cool now, right?

All thre have produced quality journalism. I’ve admittedly bit on bad stories and reporting. We all have. I can admit it. Can you?

Baldy, please go ahead and list your go-to sources and the instances where you were misled. Take all the time you need.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

$50 says SeattleGriz doesn't want know what "Reek" is lmao

And MacGregor? That explains a lot :lol: :dunce:
phpBB [video]
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:04 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:36 pm
Yeah, like Rolling Stone, GQ, and Ron Filipkowski tweets.
Ah yes…the Halcyon days of CS when I used to post Taibbi links. He’s cool now, right?

All thre have produced quality journalism. I’ve admittedly bit on bad stories and reporting. We all have. I can admit it. Can you?

Baldy, please go ahead and list your go-to sources and the instances where you were misled. Take all the time you need.
That's the deal. I have no "go-to" sources. Instead of being spoon fed by sources that confirm my bias, I choose to consume information from a multitude of sources and then come to a logical conclusion.

You should try it sometime. :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:52 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:04 pm

That's the deal. I have no "go-to" sources. Instead of being spoon fed by sources that confirm my bias, I choose to consume information from a multitude of sources and then come to a logical conclusion.

Sure! :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:34 pm $50 says SeattleGriz doesn't want know what "Reek" is lmao

And MacGregor? That explains a lot :lol: :dunce:
phpBB [video]
Dude. I not only watched Game of Thrones, but participated in the Russia collusion thread in which CID labelled Skjelli with that name. CID came up with that because he felt he "owned" skjelli like Ramsay did Theon.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

In the analogy, CID rage quitting out of this thread is when Ramsey's dogs (SD and Seattle) eat his face off.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:47 am In the analogy, CID rage quitting out of this thread is when Ramsey's dogs (SD and Seattle) eat his face off.
Lol
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:47 am In the analogy, CID rage quitting out of this thread is when Ramsey's dogs (SD and Seattle) eat his face off.
And the one, true Reek chimes in.

CID might have quit but there was no rage involved.

SG tosses around the Reek moniker too easily, he hasn't owned anyone but JSO.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:36 am
And the one, true Reek chimes in.

CID might have quit but there was no rage involved.

SG tosses around the Reek moniker too easily, he hasn't owned anyone but JSO.
And that doesn't take much effort. :coffee:

Sorry SG. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:08 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:52 pm

I eagerly look forward to you seeing the light going forward. :kisswink:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:44 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:08 pm

I eagerly look forward to you seeing the light going forward. :kisswink:
(Breaking open my latest copy of Utne Reader. :))