Political discussions
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:34 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:50 am Is this still a thing? I thought it was just a behind-the-scenes way for Brandon and his crew to launder money at this point?
Is that what trump was upset about? That Brandon and Hunter beat him to the grift?
Or laundered more money than he did.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol. Georgia is starting to smell blood.
Georgian Dream Party, the ruling political party of Georgia, has promised to hold a referendum on beginning a war on Russia, as reported on Tuesday, September 13.

The Georgian Dream Party may organise a nationwide referendum on beginning a war on Russia according to a statement made on September 13, at a briefing at the office of the ruling Georgian Dream party by the party chairman Irakli Kobakhidze.

“Let the people say whether they want to open a second front in Georgia against Russia,” Kobakhidze stressed. And he promised that the authorities “will act as the people say.”

The politician expressed hope that the Georgian people “will clarify whether they agree with the statements of Ukrainian politicians on the necessity of Georgia’s involvement in the war or with the position of the authorities of their country.
https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/09/13/g ... on-russia/

When this broke out the thought was it would usher in Chinas invasion of Taiwan. Would be hilarious if it instead inspires Georgia to reclaim its territory taken in 2008. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:35 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:25 pm

Well said. Problem is we don't have a legit reason (ie military agreements via NATO membership or otherwise) to be there other than "muh Russia bad". I've never believed we should be the worlds police, and this invasion by Russia is no different.
I agree. I wouldn’t have as much a problem with it if we were controlling our own border 1st. We’re facing a full scale invasion of the southern border, but are spending more $$ defending Ukraine’s border. Nuts.
Are you starting to believe your own bullshit? :?

There is no bigger supporter of illegal labor than the Chamber of Commerce and you know it. Illegals do American businesses a great service helping to keep wages for American labor down and with all the sniveling about how nobody wants to work for less than the cost of living these days, who else do you think da bidnizmen will turn to?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:35 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:34 am

Is that what trump was upset about? That Brandon and Hunter beat him to the grift?
Or laundered more money than he did.
He's OK now - Jared brought home the bacon....I wonder what Jared or his family could possibly have that would entice the Saudis to cough up $2,000,000,000?

Thats a lot of money :shock:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 am Lol. Georgia is starting to smell blood.
Georgian Dream Party, the ruling political party of Georgia, has promised to hold a referendum on beginning a war on Russia, as reported on Tuesday, September 13.

The Georgian Dream Party may organise a nationwide referendum on beginning a war on Russia according to a statement made on September 13, at a briefing at the office of the ruling Georgian Dream party by the party chairman Irakli Kobakhidze.

“Let the people say whether they want to open a second front in Georgia against Russia,” Kobakhidze stressed. And he promised that the authorities “will act as the people say.”

The politician expressed hope that the Georgian people “will clarify whether they agree with the statements of Ukrainian politicians on the necessity of Georgia’s involvement in the war or with the position of the authorities of their country.

When this broke out the thought was it would usher in Chinas invasion of Taiwan. Would be hilarious if it instead inspires Georgia to reclaim its territory taken in 2008. :lol:
Hilarious doesn't come close! :rofl:

Kazakhstan, if you're listening..... :mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:57 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 am Lol. Georgia is starting to smell blood.

Also this…

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:26 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:57 am

Also this…

Jesus....you take a short trip next door to install a puppet regime and the next thing you know you'll be happy to get out of this mess alive....should of known to not try this shit when Mercury is retrograde.... :ohno:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Silenoz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:59 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:17 pm

The Kherson counteroffensive was an utter failure. There is no denying that.
wut? Progress not immediate enough for you? Then I hate to think of what word would describe Russia's 6+ month campaign to basically make negative ground since March :rofl:
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:33 pm Surprised jelly hasn't posted this, but Ukraine finally did something meaningful since the defense of Kiev.
Yeah, I mean other than kills tens of thousands of them and having them actually ponder mobilization, sink their flagship and send their fleet cowering, completely pause the overall Russian offensive campaign due to fucking their bases and depots up with repeated uncontested HIMARS strikes, forcing them to get shit-ass tech from Iran and North Korea, killing a laughable number of generals, striking Crimea...

No, yeah, this has been such a great overall success for Russia. I guess Ukraine was due to do something meaningful :lol:

But keep doubling down on the baby-rapists JV squad army. No point in going back now!
Before Ukraine retook the Kharkov territory, Russia held about 20% of Ukrainian territory. I think after the counteroffensive it's down around 18% now. Russia has their buffer states in the L/DPRs and their land bridge to Crimea. Everyone is assuming that Russia's goal was to take over all of Ukraine, but they would have to "officially" go to war and mobilize way more troops to pull that off. Meanwhile Ukraine is in full mobilization (as they should be).

But by all means lets keep sending billions of dollars to a corrupt Ukrainian government. What could possibly go wrong.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 pm
Silenoz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:59 pm
wut? Progress not immediate enough for you? Then I hate to think of what word would describe Russia's 6+ month campaign to basically make negative ground since March :rofl:

Yeah, I mean other than kills tens of thousands of them and having them actually ponder mobilization, sink their flagship and send their fleet cowering, completely pause the overall Russian offensive campaign due to fucking their bases and depots up with repeated uncontested HIMARS strikes, forcing them to get shit-ass tech from Iran and North Korea, killing a laughable number of generals, striking Crimea...

No, yeah, this has been such a great overall success for Russia. I guess Ukraine was due to do something meaningful :lol:

But keep doubling down on the baby-rapists JV squad army. No point in going back now!
SD "Blame America First" Hornet... :ohno:
People pretend like we aren't meddling over there...we meddle everywhere. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:13 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:17 pm

The Kherson counteroffensive was an utter failure. There is no denying that.
It's been a few days now. How's that front going?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:19 pm Yeah, SDHornet is going to eat his words. The Russians West of the Dnipro have no resupply route. Ukraine is advancing slower in Kharkiv but the Kherson counteroffensive isn't over and certainly not an "utter failure." Lol.
Anyone claiming the Kerson counteroffensive wasn't a failure just isn't paying attention. At best you can claim it was a feign for the Kharkov counteroffensive.

Ukraine make their push past the Oskil River yet?

Speaking of rivers, Ukraine manage to set new pontoon bridges to get their forces over the Inhulets River yet?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:41 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:46 pm
Please define.
Officially boots on the ground, planes in the airspace.
Define "officially".

And yes, I realize the clip shows "volunteers" and not the Malcolm Nance kind.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 pm

SD "Blame America First" Hornet... :ohno:
People pretend that the Russians had an excuse to invade their next door neighbor and attempt to install a puppet regime. :roll:

People pretend that the Russians aren't deliberately targeting civilians with heavy artillery. :roll:

People pretend that there aren't mass graves filled hundreds of civilians being found in Russian-occupied areas. :roll:

People would rather see Ukraine taken by Russia than see the gubmint get credit for helping Ukraine survive. :lol:

People want to Blame America First. :ohno:

Why do you people hate America, SD? Why do you idolize the crowd that would force you on to a bus and send you 1500 miles away with nothing if they saw you or your family walking down a street near the border in Texas? Or just walking down the street in Florida? :ohno:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Officially boots on the ground, planes in the airspace.
Define "officially".

Yeah. Official would mean regular United States military on orders for action in Ukraine. Not those that are former US military there by choice.

We have volunteers in many wars we took no actual part in. There were a lot of antifa Americans that fought in the Spanish Civil War again Franco, por ejemplo.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:09 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm

People pretend that the Russians had an excuse to invade their next door neighbor and attempt to install a puppet regime. :roll:

People pretend that the Russians aren't deliberately targeting civilians with heavy artillery. :roll:

People pretend that there aren't mass graves filled hundreds of civilians being found in Russian-occupied areas. :roll:

People would rather see Ukraine taken by Russia than see the gubmint get credit for helping Ukraine survive. :lol:

Why do you people hate America, SD? Why do you idolize the crowd that would force you on to a bus and send you 1500 miles away with nothing if they saw you or your family walking down a street near the border in Texas? Or just walking down the street in Florida? :ohno:
You people? :lol:

War is hell. My people couldn't care less what happens on the other side of the world. My people wonder why the fuck are we sending billions of dollars to a corrupt regime in a war that has no implications on national security. Instead we're throwing billions away while we got millions of illegals dragging down our wages and fentanyl and violent criminals filling our neighborhoods all via Biden's open border. Huge swing and a miss on that one houndie.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:26 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Define "officially".

Yeah. Official would mean regular United States military on orders for action in Ukraine. Not those that are former US military there by choice.

We have volunteers in many wars we took no actual part in. There were a lot of antifa Americans that fought in the Spanish Civil War again Franco, por ejemplo.
Yes, mercs have been used in ever war throughout time and this is no different. Feel free to fill us in on how Ukraine is paying the tab on these "volunteer" forces.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:47 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Yes, mercs have been used in ever war throughout time and this is no different. Feel free to fill us in on how Ukraine is paying the tab on these "volunteer" forces.
Wait till you see the bill on a new Marshall Plan. You might not like it at all.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:44 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:09 am

You people? :lol:

War is hell. My people couldn't care less what happens on the other side of the world. My people wonder why the fuck are we sending billions of dollars to a corrupt regime in a war that has no implications on national security. Instead we're throwing billions away while we got millions of illegals dragging down our wages and fentanyl and violent criminals filling our neighborhoods all via Biden's open border. Huge swing and a miss on that one houndie.
none so blind as he who will not see :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:52 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Wait till you see the bill on a new Marshall Plan. You might not like it at all.
We should be done bailing out Europe once the wall came down 30 years ago.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:39 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:52 am

Not our fault Putin started believing his own bullshit and thought he could walk into Ukraine and install a puppet regime. He fucked around, now he's finding out :coffee:

Do you think the same people that faked the moon landing are behind the phony reports of mass civilian graves with corpses showing signs of torture?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:59 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:39 pm

Not our fault Putin started believing his own bullshit and thought he could walk into Ukraine and install a puppet regime. He fucked around, now he's finding out :coffee:

Do you think the same people that faked the moon landing are behind the phony reports of mass civilian graves with corpses showing signs of torture?
Well, we did kinda let him get away with just walking into Crimea and saying "mine". That was something like 8 years ago and there's only serious talk now about maybe Russia needs to give that back to Ukraine before all of this is over. I mean, we did issue some very stern and aggravated press snippets after he did that and we said we weren't going to change the coloring on our maps to show it belonged to Russia, but other than that we didn't do a whole lot. This time thankfully Ukraine held out a little bit longer and put up more of a resistance, so we had a chance to lend a helping hand and billions of military equipment as well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:49 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:59 am

Well, we did kinda let him get away with just walking into Crimea and saying "mine". That was something like 8 years ago and there's only serious talk now about maybe Russia needs to give that back to Ukraine before all of this is over. I mean, we did issue some very stern and aggravated press snippets after he did that and we said we weren't going to change the coloring on our maps to show it belonged to Russia, but other than that we didn't do a whole lot. This time thankfully Ukraine held out a little bit longer and put up more of a resistance, so we had a chance to lend a helping hand and billions of military equipment as well.
...much to the dismay of our local COMSYMPs like Z and the reek twins. :lol:

Funny the reeks haven't mentioned the mass civilian graves and totured corpses yet, must be too busy sloppin the Russian knob I guess.. :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:11 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:49 am

Funny the reeks haven't mentioned the mass civilian graves and totured corpses yet, must be too busy sloppin the Russian knob I guess.. :ohno:
It is indeed odd to be actively rooting for the Russians. It's almost like people consciously deciding to be Dallas Cowboys fans. Just weird.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:20 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:11 pm

It is indeed odd to be actively rooting for the Russians. It's almost like people consciously deciding to be Dallas Cowboys fans. Just weird.
Same with the evangelicals - I guess being white trumps being a godless commie