Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by SeattleGriz »

We quit pulling this crap 100-300 years ago. The US knows not to blow up a pipeline.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:50 pm We quit pulling this crap 100-300 years ago. The US knows not to blow up a pipeline.

Apples to oranges. This isn't the invasion of a sovereign nation with the intent of stealing land after ethnically cleansing it. If we blew up the pipeline, or had someone else do it, it happened after Russia launched their invasion to do what I said in the last sentence and again, isn't anywhere remotely the same thing. Come on, even for a bot you normally argue better than that. Try again. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:32 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:50 pm We quit pulling this crap 100-300 years ago. The US knows not to blow up a pipeline.

Apples to oranges. This isn't the invasion of a sovereign nation with the intent of stealing land after ethnically cleansing it. If we blew up the pipeline, or had someone else do it, it happened after Russia launched their invasion to do what I said in the last sentence and again, isn't anywhere remotely the same thing. Come on, even for a bot you normally argue better than that. Try again. :coffee:
:lol: You're just making shit up to suit your narrative. You've got this nice little story that only this war fits into. Speaking of apples and oranges.

First, you neglect to consider all these "lands" Russia invades are militarily strategic and Russia has warned against western encroachment. In addition to the promise by the US diplomats that not one inch would be taken. I'll rely on the slew of diplomats that agree and not your version of made up history by the way.

Secondly, let's see a reputable link on your ethnically cleansing statement.

Lastly, the US doesn't have the geography to care about keeping lands, plus that isn't how they operate. The US goes to other nations that are not conducive to their economic issues and "corrects" their attitudes. Multiple times if needed. There are plenty of other nations that need our help, but we always seem to never choose them. The US has something like 850 bases throughout the world.

Here's one for you. Name a time Russia claimed a country outside their sphere of influence and on another continent had weapons of mass destruction, went over there, ethnically cleansed populations with military and drone strikes, then left years later with nothing being better. See? Easy to frame your story just so.

And look at you making excuses for blowing up two sovereign nations infrastructure on another nations land.

It's okay Team America. You just blow up whatever you like.

Edit: 750 bases.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:08 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:32 pm

:lol: You're just making shit up to suit your narrative. You've got this nice little story that only this war fits into. Speaking of apples and oranges.

First, you neglect to consider all these "lands" Russia invades are militarily strategic and Russia has warned against western encroachment. In addition to the promise by the US diplomats that not one inch would be taken. I'll rely on the slew of diplomats that agree and not your version of made up history by the way.

Lastly, the US doesn't have the geography to care about keeping lands, plus that isn't how they operate. The US goes to other nations that are not conducive to their economic issues and "corrects" their attitudes. Multiple times if needed. There are plenty of other nations that need our help, but we always seem to never choose them. The US has something like 850 bases throughout the world.

Here's one for you. Name a time Russia claimed a country outside their sphere of influence and on another continent had weapons of mass destruction, went over there, ethnically cleansed populations with military and drone strikes, then left years later with nothing being better. See? Easy to frame your story just so.

And look at you making excuses for blowing up two sovereign nations infrastructure on another nations land.

Wah wah wah. You don't come off well as a whiner.

There is no western encroachment. What looks like western encroachment to you and your Russian paymasters is more like eastern escaping by countries that don't want to be in thrall to an imperialistic Russia. NATO isn't recruiting countries, NATO is just seen as a safe harbor for these countries that have been dealing with Russian interference and, in many cases, Russian military intimidation and/or invasion. If I lived in a country next to Russia, I'd be begging NATO to take us in and the EU to as well, just because at least then it secures my country from Russian invasion. Russia has the ability to attack and massacre people in Georgia and the eastern Ukraine, i.e. countries too small and too weak to do much in the way of resistance. But after watching their debacle in Ukraine, there's no way they're in any shape to take on a real modern military force. So if anything, Russia has made even more countries want to be under the NATO umbrella. The best recruitment for NATO expansion is, ironically, Russian aggression and middling military performance.

Oh, and we didn't ethnically cleanse anybody since the Native Americans two centuries ago. You can't make any argument close to that for what we did in Iraq (not really suffering since we left) and Afghanistan. And we didn't blow up any infrastructure in Afghanistan - they didn't have any to start with, that was most of the problem in Afghanistan. Looking forward to your next whine. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:31 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:08 am

There is no western encroachment. What looks like western encroachment to you and your Russian paymasters is more like eastern escaping by countries that don't want to be in thrall to an imperialistic Russia. NATO isn't recruiting countries, NATO is just seen as a safe harbor for these countries that have been dealing with Russian interference and, in many cases, Russian military intimidation and/or invasion. If I lived in a country next to Russia, I'd be begging NATO to take us in and the EU to as well, just because at least then it secures my country from Russian invasion. Russia has the ability to attack and massacre people in Georgia and the eastern Ukraine, i.e. countries too small and too weak to do much in the way of resistance. But after watching their debacle in Ukraine, there's no way they're in any shape to take on a real modern military force. So if anything, Russia has made even more countries want to be under the NATO umbrella. The best recruitment for NATO expansion is, ironically, Russian aggression and middling military performance.

Oh, and we didn't ethnically cleanse anybody since the Native Americans two centuries ago. You can't make any argument close to that for what we did in Iraq (not really suffering since we left) and Afghanistan. And we didn't blow up any infrastructure in Afghanistan - they didn't have any to start with, that was most of the problem in Afghanistan. Looking forward to your next whine. :coffee:
:nod:

800 miles of new NATO border with Finland are going to tie down a lot of Russian troops.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:49 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:31 am

800 miles of new NATO border with Finland are going to tie down a lot of Russian troops.
Not with the US blowing up other's infrastructure whenever they feel like it. You like how they now blame Ukraine? It's just like our politicians when they get caught and blame some low level office assistant for the screw up.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:36 pm

Not with the US blowing up other's infrastructure whenever they feel like it. You like how they now blame Ukraine? It's just like our politicians when they get caught and blame some low level office assistant for the screw up.
If Russia doesn't want its gas lines blown up then they shouldn't imperiously attack other countries without provocation. They spent the better part of two decades wining and dining Europe to get them attached to their natural gas as a captive market, and Putin's infatuation with rebuilding the Soviet Empire cost them that in about the span of a month. All that to get the hammer and sickle flag back. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

wrong thread, bubba... :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:01 pm

If Russia doesn't want its gas lines blown up then they shouldn't imperiously attack other countries without provocation. They spent the better part of two decades wining and dining Europe to get them attached to their natural gas as a captive market, and Putin's infatuation with rebuilding the Soviet Empire cost them that in about the span of a month. All that to get the hammer and sickle flag back. :ohno:
Nice shifting morals. It's now okay for the US to not only attack Russia's pipeline, but to screw over Germany and do it on Denmark's land? Attack a nuclear powers infrastructure when they have done nothing to the US? Wow, you have wholeheartedly accepted the new "unvaxxed is going to kill grandma" narrative.

Also, Russia was asked for protection AFTER Ukraine intensified it's indiscriminate shelling of the Donbas.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:32 pm

This is the Ukraine thread chief.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

There you go. The exit ramp. Ukraine is crazy. We can't possibly support them anymore.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

where do you find this stuff? :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:27 pm There you go. The exit ramp. Ukraine is crazy. We can't possibly support them anymore.

Exit ramp!!? Whats wrong with ya, boy? We're getting the deal of the century, we send Ukraine the tools and they do our killing for us ..... so many dead Russians "...and the flowers bloom like madness in the spring...." .

And the convict-troops are fragging their officers now, Putin is so fucked :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:42 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:01 pm

Nice shifting morals. It's now okay for the US to not only attack Russia's pipeline, but to screw over Germany and do it on Denmark's land? Attack a nuclear powers infrastructure when they have done nothing to the US? Wow, you have wholeheartedly accepted the new "unvaxxed is going to kill grandma" narrative.

Also, Russia was asked for protection AFTER Ukraine intensified it's indiscriminate shelling of the Donbas.
Germany knew what they were getting into when they made that pact with Russia - one day Russia could go off the deep end and start unprovoked wars on neighbors and then that pipeline could either be closed (by Russia) or damaged/blown up. War sucks, which is all the more perplexing that Russia would start one.

As for the Donbas region fighting, again, why has Russia been in that region for the past 8 years, including the use and support of paramilitary forces, other than to destabilize the region? You can't cause a region in another country to be destabilized, and then claim the white knight badge to invade it. Russia has been planning this invasion since they finished the last invasion of Ukraine when they illegally seized Crimea.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

One can hope (that Putin is held accountable).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:32 pm

Then you should see about having your dosage adjusted.

The only infrastructure being degraded isn't being degraded by the US. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:13 am

Germany knew what they were getting into when they made that pact with Russia - one day Russia could go off the deep end and start unprovoked wars on neighbors and then that pipeline could either be closed (by Russia) or damaged/blown up. War sucks, which is all the more perplexing that Russia would start one.

As for the Donbas region fighting, again, why has Russia been in that region for the past 8 years, including the use and support of paramilitary forces, other than to destabilize the region? You can't cause a region in another country to be destabilized, and then claim the white knight badge to invade it. Russia has been planning this invasion since they finished the last invasion of Ukraine when they illegally seized Crimea.
I think it happened because Putin lost his shit over coming within a whisker of the greatest piece of "diplomacy" in Russian history - getting Trump to pull the US out of NATO just for the asking. Everything else was in place so he decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on his plan expecting a quick coup and a fait accompli with which to present NATO: "...yeah, we took Ukraine, so what?" Instead he committed a colossal blunder which will cost him his life. Personally I hope he gets tossed off a really tall building...
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:33 am

:rofl: Yes. A "secret fishing boat" manned by 5 rag tag guys and one helluva woman, dove 200 feet down in the Baltic sea, dug up the pipe and planted a shit ton of explosives.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:28 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:33 am

:rofl: Yes. A "secret fishing boat" manned by 5 rag tag guys and one helluva woman, dove 200 feet down in the Baltic sea, dug up the pipe and planted a shit ton of explosives.

they were Polish commandos. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:40 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:28 am
I've been to Poland had lunch with hero of the Solidarity movement. One Polish woman is worth 100 Spetsnaz commandos.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:45 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:40 am

I've been to Poland had lunch with hero of the Solidarity movement. One Polish woman is worth 100 Spetsnaz commandos.
She probably blew that pipeline before breakfast.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Nice shift in narrative. :lol:

Yes, a Ukrainian "tiger team" pulled off a naval operation without a functioning navy AND Bakhmut is so worthless both Ukraine and Russia have decided to turn it into a meat grinder.

The US will soon leave Ukraine for dead and move to China. You feeling used yet? Time to take down your Ukrainian flags on your social media.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/1 ... s-00086654
Publicly, there has been little separation between Biden and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, an alliance on full display last month when the American president made his covert, dramatic visit to Kyiv. But based on conversations with 10 officials, lawmakers and experts, new points of tension are emerging: The sabotage of a natural gas pipeline on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean; the brutal, draining defense of a strategically unimportant Ukrainian city; and a plan to fight for a region where Russian forces have been entrenched for nearly a decade.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:26 am Nice shift in narrative. :lol:

Yes, a Ukrainian "tiger team" pulled off a naval operation without a functioning navy AND Bakhmut is so worthless both Ukraine and Russia have decided to turn it into a meat grinder.

The US will soon leave Ukraine for dead and move to China. You feeling used yet? Time to take down your Ukrainian flags on your social media.

Publicly, there has been little separation between Biden and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, an alliance on full display last month when the American president made his covert, dramatic visit to Kyiv. But based on conversations with 10 officials, lawmakers and experts, new points of tension are emerging: The sabotage of a natural gas pipeline on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean; the brutal, draining defense of a strategically unimportant Ukrainian city; and a plan to fight for a region where Russian forces have been entrenched for nearly a decade.
Why would anyone feel used?

Which flag have you hoisted? :)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:38 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:26 am Nice shift in narrative. :lol:

Because they've been used as useful idiots, much like those who believed asymptomatic spreaders were killing grandma. Gotta attack anyone who doesn't support the narrative. Warmongering.

The flag I've hoisted was for negotiations that were scuttled by UK and US officials who didn't have any children in the fight...just like those still supporting the senseless killing of Ukrainians. Virtue signaling at its finest. Ukrainian Karens
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:44 am
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:38 am

Because they've been used as useful idiots, much like those who believed asymptomatic spreaders were killing grandma. Gotta attack anyone who doesn't support the narrative. Warmongering.

The flag I've hoisted was for negotiations that were scuttled by UK and US officials who didn't have any children in the fight...just like those still supporting the senseless killing of Ukrainians. Virtue signaling at its finest. Ukrainian Karens
Wait. There wasn’t asymptomatic spread?