UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:51 am

My point is that this is a crappy situation but it isn't all Israel's fault. The Palestinian people are suffering but they are not without fault for their situation and that suffering. Hamas has to go and the Palestinian people of Gaza need/needed to help make that happen.

Hamas lit the fire and part of the reason they did so was because they knew Israel would react with force and that would fan anti-Israeli feelings across the world and increase funding for Hamas.

Any peace with Hamas is temporary. It just gives them time to regroup, recruit and rearm before the next terrorist attack(s) and the cycle will start all over again. Ending Hamas is the only way to have a chance of ending that cycle. I don't blame Israel for saying enough is enough, we're going to end Hamas now regardless of the cost to Palestinian lives because we can save Israeli lives in the future if we do.
I agree with much of this. The “regardless of of the cost to Palestinian lives” part, I don’t.
You are an exception. Most nations/peoples/cultures will prioritize the lives of their own people over the lives of other peoples.

At least Israel cares about Israeli lives. Hamas doesn't care about Israeli or Palestinian lives. Which is the greater evil?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GOP Reps. Mike Turner and Mike McCaul say Russian propaganda is being repeated by Republicans
"There are members of Congress today who still incorrectly say that this conflict between Russia and Ukraine is over NATO, which of course it is not," he added.
His comments come on the heels of remarks House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Michael McCaul made this week about how Russian propaganda has taken root among the GOP.

McCaul, a Texas Republican, told Puck News that he thinks "Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base."
"[The propaganda] makes it more difficult for us to really see this as an authoritarian versus democracy battle, which is what it is," Turner told CNN, adding, "President Xi of China, Vladimir Putin himself have identified as such."
I wonder if it's infected anyone on this board? :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm GOP Reps. Mike Turner and Mike McCaul say Russian propaganda is being repeated by Republicans
"There are members of Congress today who still incorrectly say that this conflict between Russia and Ukraine is over NATO, which of course it is not," he added.
His comments come on the heels of remarks House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Michael McCaul made this week about how Russian propaganda has taken root among the GOP.

McCaul, a Texas Republican, told Puck News that he thinks "Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base."
"[The propaganda] makes it more difficult for us to really see this as an authoritarian versus democracy battle, which is what it is," Turner told CNN, adding, "President Xi of China, Vladimir Putin himself have identified as such."
I wonder why we had to keep Russia as public enemy number one after we won the Cold War …. The long term outcome should of been much better for the US and the world

China should be the enemy but that can’t happen with Xiben in office ..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:18 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm GOP Reps. Mike Turner and Mike McCaul say Russian propaganda is being repeated by Republicans

I wonder why we had to keep Russia as public enemy number one after we won the Cold War …. The long term outcome should of been much better for the US and the world

I thought radical Muslims replaced Russia for awhile?

How would you like us to regard Russia?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

We can only have one enemy at a time?

As Representative McCaul said:
"I have to explain to them what’s at stake, why Ukraine is in our national security interest," he said. "By the way, you don’t like Communist China? Well, guess what? They’re aligned [with Russia], along with the ayatollah [of Iran]. So when you explain it that way, they kind of start understanding it."
China is a greater threat, especially long-term but Russia is also a threat along with Iran and North Korea.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:40 am

It’s to late now

How many times did Putin ask former Presidents about Russia joining NATO?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:16 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:40 am

It’s to late now

I don’t know?

How many times has NATO invaded a country?

If that was Putin’s concern, his actions grew the size of NATO and brought it closer Russia. Good job!
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:53 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:16 pm

It’s to late now

I don’t know?

If that was Putin’s concern, his actions grew the size of NATO and brought it closer Russia. Good job!
I know he asked at least twice

Clinton followed by George Bush

The Cold War was over and yet that fact didn’t seem to sink in 25 years ago when he was told …. Don’t think so
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:18 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:53 am

I don’t know?

The Cold War was over and yet that fact didn’t seem to sink in 25 years ago when he was told …. Don’t think so
This was all debated earlier in the thread. Putin’s actions have proven it was not a wise choice.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:18 pm

This was all debated earlier in the thread. Putin’s actions have proven it was not a wise choice.
Not being able to work with him has proven to be a disaster. Back in the day some young journalists would lay it all out, but now you better get in line with the puppet masters or else
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:11 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm

Not being able to work with him has proven to be a disaster. Back in the day some young journalists would lay it all out, but now you better get in line with the puppet masters or else
Why are siding with Putin? Do you think his actions engender trust?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:05 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:11 am

I’m not siding with Putin. I’m also not nodding my head in agreement with everything in the establishment tells you.

There are a lot of shaky characters in the world that the US has managed to get along with. For some reason they could never get it right with Putin and Russia, after the cold war was over.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:18 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm

I agree with much of this. The “regardless of of the cost to Palestinian lives” part, I don’t.
You are an exception. Most nations/peoples/cultures will prioritize the lives of their own people over the lives of other peoples.

At least Israel cares about Israeli lives. Hamas doesn't care about Israeli or Palestinian lives. Which is the greater evil?
Caring more than Hamas is not a difficult standard to exceed

I think Netanyahu is OK with losing the hostages if it prolongs his time in power
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:02 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:05 pm

I’m not siding with Putin. I’m also not nodding my head in agreement with everything in the establishment tells you.

There are a lot of shaky characters in the world that the US has managed to get along with. For some reason they could never get it right with Putin and Russia, after the cold war was over.
Whachoo talkin' bout, Willis? :?

We got along pretty well until Putin took power - glasnost, perestroika, Yeltsin, Gorbachev ... The Russians lost a great deal of their sphere of influence when the Soviet Union came apart and Putin's schtik has always been about returning to the good old days of the Soviet Union as a nuclear superpower. Invading the breadbasket of Europe is a big step in that direction.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:02 pm

We got along pretty well until Putin took power - glasnost, perestroika, Yeltsin, Gorbachev ... The Russians lost a great deal of their sphere of influence when the Soviet Union came apart and Putin's schtik has always been about returning to the good old days of the Soviet Union as a nuclear superpower. Invading the breadbasket of Europe is a big step in that direction.
:nod:

Restoring the lost glory of the old empire is literally in their daily propaganda.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:54 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 am

Restoring the lost glory of the old empire is literally in their daily propaganda.
But, but, but putin asked about joining NATO and we didn't take him seriously. Invading Ukraine was just a temper tantrum to show his displeasure. It wasn't his fault, it was ours. That and Zelenskyy is corrupt and a Nazi and ... :sarcasm:

... MAQA yahoos will keep throwing logical bullshit at the wall and hope something makes sense. All in the name of defending trump and is mentally unstable obsession with dictators like putin and jong un.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 am IT WAS UKRAINE.

ok, fine. it was ISIS. but, maybe ukraine still?

and SeattleGriz laps it up.

https://www.politico.eu/article/putin-a ... st-attack/
You do remember there is a whole thread on you being gullible about Russia collusion...right?

Just checking.
You're alive! I assumed that you're working out your explantion for why the godless commies closing down Ukraine's version of Christianity is a good thing for all concerned. Not that I disagree, just having fun watching you warm up the pretzelogic boogie
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:30 am
kalm wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:54 am

But, but, but putin asked about joining NATO and we didn't take him seriously. Invading Ukraine was just a temper tantrum to show his displeasure. It wasn't his fault, it was ours. That and Zelenskyy is corrupt and a Nazi and ... :sarcasm:

... MAQA yahoos will keep throwing logical bullshit at the wall and hope something makes sense. All in the name of defending trump and is mentally unstable obsession with dictators like putin and jong un.
What does Trump have the do with any of this?

Putin was under control when Donny was in power

Have you noticed how everything started falling apart when Joey Idol took over…

You guys are seriously infected
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 am

There is a difference between causation and correlation.

If you can assume that biden was the reason that "everything started falling apart" then I can assume that trump dismissed his interpreter in Helsinki so that there would be no witnesses when putin tied him up and played dominatrix.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:09 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 pm

You do remember there is a whole thread on you being gullible about Russia collusion...right?

Just checking.
You're alive! I assumed that you're working out your explantion for why the godless commies closing down Ukraine's version of Christianity is a good thing for all concerned. Not that I disagree, just having fun watching you warm up the pretzelogic boogie
Wut? Didn't Zelensky restrict/confine Christianity in Ukraine already? Putin's putting the cherry on top, you say?

On a more important note. I slapped an engineer around today. Cried like a baby. Like you.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:29 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:09 am

Wut? Didn't Zelensky restrict/confine Christianity in Ukraine already? Putin's putting the cherry on top, you say?

On a more important note. I slapped my weewee around today.
Not sure, don't care, doesn't matter. Just getting a chuckle out your contortions.

Zelensky hasn't sent troops into churches. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 am

I thought Obama said Russian boogey men were 80's.

What the fuck did that lazy bastard Obama do to America to make Russia such a powerhouse in so little time.

Thanks Klam, Hdoge, StUni and GFan for your substantial short sightedness.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

‘Stop Bringing Up Nazis and Hitler’: Moskowitz Goes Off On Marjorie Taylor Greene In Tense Hearing
Now I want to address something else that went on in this committee. By another member and I say this as someone whose grandparents, escaped the Holocaust. My grandmother was part of the Kindertransport out of Germany. Her parents were killed in Auschwitz. My grandfather, her husband, escaped Poland from the pogroms. Her parents were killed in Auschwitz. My grandfather, her husband escaped Poland from the pogroms. You know, the idea that we pretend that behavior is acceptable and regular. There are no concentration camps in Ukraine. They’re not taking babies and shooting them in the air because they’re Jewish. There’s no gas chambers. There’s no ovens. They’re not railing people in. They’re not ripping gold out of people’s mouth. They’re not taking stuff out of their home. They’re not trying to erase a people, the Ukrainians.

Stop bringing up Nazis and Hitler. The only people who know about Nazis and Hitler are the 10 million people and their families who lost their loved ones. Generations of people who were wiped out. It is enough of this disgusting behavior using Nazis as propaganda. You want to talk about Nazis? Get yourself over to the Holocaust Museum, you go see what Nazis did. It’s despicable that we use that and we allow it, and we sit here like somehow it’s regular.
Moskowitz slaps marge so hard that he might have knocked putin off his bear.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

US weighs sending additional military advisers to Ukraine as Russia gains momentum
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/us ... r-AA1nmNeo

Military advisors in a foreign conflict. Where have we heard that one before? Remember when Trump was going to get us into WWIII?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:50 pm US weighs sending additional military advisers to Ukraine as Russia gains momentum
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/us ... r-AA1nmNeo

Military advisors in a foreign conflict. Where have we heard that one before? Remember when Trump was going to get us into WWIII?
It’s becoming clearer now why they hated Trump so much. This country needs war and the swamp will do whatever is necessary to keep it so