Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:05 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:20 pm

You have a different source?
You too. Now you're saying Putin is allowing dissent? Thought he was a ruthless dictator?

C'mon man! You're not even trying, just posting nonsense. Klam at least acts like he doesn't understand.
What a fucking halfwitted attempt at analogy - I think all that bike riding was just too much time in oxygen debt :ohno:

Putin isn't allowing dissent, there's nothing he can do about it. You been sloppin his knob so long that you still think Russia is a super power and not a second-rate second-world wannabe getting their asses handed to them by a smaller neighbor using mostly their (Russia's) own Warsaw pact era Soviet gear. You're getting desperate and becoming unable to disguise your increasing peevishness at the difference between your apologia Putinus and the facts. This is the moment, SGwizz, our enemy is weak and overrated and the time is perfect for some payback that's long overdue and we need to make it a lesson on what happens when you fuck with a superpower that the Chinese can't ignore. We'll deal with them later.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:35 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:05 pm

You too. Now you're saying Putin is allowing dissent? Thought he was a ruthless dictator?

C'mon man! You're not even trying, just posting nonsense. Klam at least acts like he doesn't understand.
What a fucking halfwitted attempt at analogy - I think all that bike riding was just too much time in oxygen debt :ohno:

Putin isn't allowing dissent, there's nothing he can do about it. You been sloppin his knob so long that you still think Russia is a super power and not a second-rate second-world wannabe getting their asses handed to them by a smaller neighbor using mostly their (Russia's) own Warsaw pact era Soviet gear. You're getting desperate and becoming unable to disguise your increasing peevishness at the difference between your apologia Putinus and the facts. This is the moment, SGwizz, our enemy is weak and overrated and the time is perfect for some payback that's long overdue and we need to make it a lesson on what happens when you fuck with a superpower that the Chinese can't ignore. We'll deal with them later.
That's better, thank you. Some effort. Was that so hard? :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SG is right. There’s no way UKR can keep up with all these Russian losses and solidarity.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:52 am SG is right. There’s no way UKR can keep up with all these Russian losses and solidarity.

For sure. You'd think with all the build up to the Ukrainian offensive, we'd see some video showing victory. We see none. That should tell you something.

WaPo, NYT? Nothing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:30 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:52 am SG is right. There’s no way UKR can keep up with all these Russian losses and solidarity.

For sure. You'd think with all the build up to the Ukrainian offensive, we'd see some video showing victory. We see none. That should tell you something.

WaPo, NYT? Nothing.
There’s tons of video out here and you know that.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:48 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:30 am

WaPo, NYT? Nothing.
Tons of misinformation. Where are the video reports from WaPo and NYT? Where are their embedded reporter videos?

You do know what Ukraine has taken don't you. They've taken some ground that lies before Russia's actual defensive lines.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:55 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:48 am

Tons of misinformation. Where are the video reports from WaPo and NYT? Where are their embedded reporter videos?

You do know what Ukraine has taken don't you. They've taken some ground that lies before Russia's actual defensive lines.
You consider these to be legit sources?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Looks like the big boys are jockeying for position in the soon-to-come-blame game. Prigozhin will either come out of this mess as Defense Minister or feet first
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:48 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:55 am

No I don't, but you apparently don't understand western media has not been allowed to embed with Ukrainian forces. You'd expect with Ukraine winning this war, as you keep stating, that there would be some good reporting on the situation.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:17 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:48 pm

No I don't, but you apparently don't understand western media has not been allowed to embed with Ukrainian forces. You'd expect with Ukraine winning this war, as you keep stating, that there would be some good reporting on the situation.
:ohno:

There's good reporting out there. It just isn't telling a story you want to hear. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:05 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:17 pm

:ohno:

There's good reporting out there. It just isn't telling a story you want to hear. :coffee:
:rofl: Yes, that's why this thread is so bare on video proof. Telegram doesn't count.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

There wasn't a lot of front line MSM reporting during the Kharkiv or Kherson offensives either. The best sources then (as now) are Russian telegram channels. Not foolproof, unbiased, or very reliable - but, it's the best we have. Ukraine has much better op sec and a media blackout during their offensives.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:33 pm There wasn't a lot of front line MSM reporting during the Kharkiv or Kherson offensives either. The best sources then (as now) are Russian telegram channels. Not foolproof, unbiased, or very reliable - but, it's the best we have. Ukraine has much better op sec and a media blackout during their offensives.
We pick up a lot of information from Russian soldier's phones. Morale is in the shitter
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:14 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:33 pm There wasn't a lot of front line MSM reporting during the Kharkiv or Kherson offensives either. The best sources then (as now) are Russian telegram channels. Not foolproof, unbiased, or very reliable - but, it's the best we have. Ukraine has much better op sec and a media blackout during their offensives.
We pick up a lot of information from Russian soldier's phones. Morale is in the shitter
:ohno: Good gravy. Even gotta try and drop a turd on Jelly's fair response. We pick up a lot of Russian phone calls...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:26 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:14 pm

:ohno: Good gravy. Even gotta try and drop a turd on Jelly's fair response. We pick up a lot of Russian phone calls...
....you're not handling these setbacks to your party line schtik very well, SGwiz.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Thought of Seattle as soon as I saw the headline. <3

Ukraine offensive: BBC goes inside village just freed from Russian forces
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65894743
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:20 am Thought of Seattle as soon as I saw the headline. <3

Ukraine offensive: BBC goes inside village just freed from Russian forces
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65894743
Lame stream media!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Reading about some pretty nasty tactics the Russians are deploying against Ukraine. Let the Ukrainian heavy equipment like mine sweepers do their jobs and then when enough of the Ukrainian hardware is on the "cleaned path" Drop mines in behind them with missiles and box them in.

Ukraine actually did this to Russian soldiers before this.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Yeah, Ukraine has been doing similar with RAAMS (provided generously by Dark Brandon) during the counteroffensive.

Fire over the defensive lines, scatter anti-tank mines - take out reserves that are sent in to reinforce or if they fall back.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Where is this guy, and why are the scapegoating him now?

Commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, General Valery Zaluzhny
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Nice astro turfing.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:40 pm Where is this guy, and why are the scapegoating him now?

We have all kinds of A-10s that lwould look good on the Ukrainian air force
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:33 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:40 pm Where is this guy, and why are the scapegoating him now?

We have all kinds of A-10s that lwould look good on the Ukrainian air force
A10s with brand new wings.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ukrainian counter-offensive has failed to even make it through Russian defense security zone. Can't even make it to the actual line.

Who thought this was a good idea to send those troops in with no chance? WaPo is now finally telling some of the grim reality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... h-donetsk/
The men of Ukraine’s 37th Brigade were freshly trained and armed with Western-supplied weapons, tasked with an initial push through Russian-occupied territory in the early days of a long-awaited counteroffensive.
They would pay a heavy price.

Within 20 minutes of their June 5 advance south of Velyka Novosilka, in the southeast Donetsk region, mortars exploded all around them, soldiers said. A 30-year-old soldier known as Lumberjack saw two of the men in his vehicle bleeding heavily; one lost an arm as he cried out for his family. Lumberjack crawled into a crater, but the shrapnel from a mortar went through the soil and pierced his shoulder.

“We were left there in the field, without tanks or heavy armor,” said Lumberjack, who spoke to The Washington Post on the condition that he be identified only by his call sign because he was not authorized to discuss the battle. “We were shelled with mortars from three sides. We couldn’t do anything.”

There were fewer than 50 men in the unit, he said, and 30 did not return — they were killed, wounded or captured by the enemy. Five of the unit’s armored vehicles were destroyed within the first hour.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Interesting.

Conspiracy alert and not linked to tweet:

Word is that Zelensky was told to reject Putin's offer because he was promised game changing weapons. More specifically HIMARS. If true, this war was to have been the first test of Western next-generation battle doctrine, focused on persistent surveillance and precision strike. The idea is that light Western forces will be able to use "information dominance" and precise long-range fires to win with minimal losses.

Russia adapted and the US ran out of ammo to give and now Ukrainians are paying the price.