Post by SDHornet »

Oh.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by AZGrizFan »

Lol. Ignored??? Holy shit that’s a naive tweet. They’ve PURPOSELY profited from it.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:41 pm Lol. Ignored??? Holy shit that’s a naive tweet. They’ve PURPOSELY profited from it.

All wars are fought for money. Bidniz as usual.

With a little payback on the side. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:08 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:41 pm Lol. Ignored??? Holy shit that’s a naive tweet. They’ve PURPOSELY profited from it.

Yes. Which is why that tweet was ignorant as hell.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:31 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:08 pm

Yes. Which is why that tweet was ignorant as hell.
We do bidniz regularly with worse than the Ukrainians and Putin is long overdue for some payback. First we bleed Russia as much as possible, later we can use NATO membership as leverage on Ukraine.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Estonia's prime minister has a message for the West: 'Don't worry about Putin's feelings'
"I think a fundamental mistake was made after the Second World War," she said, sitting beneath a painting of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments. "While the Nazi crimes were widely condemned, the communists' crimes never were. So we see a strong revival of Stalinism right now in Russia. Seventy percent of Russians support Stalin, despite his having murdered 20 million people, despite the deportations, the prisons camps, war, everything. History books in Estonia were rewritten after communism, whereas Russians are still being taught the same history that we had to read during the Soviet period, which was total crap."
When considered alongside their humanitarian and financial assistance, the Estonians donated the equivalent of 0.81% of their gross domestic product to another nation at war, a staggering metric.

Kallas is keen to emphasize that security assistance is not charity. "I was asked in Parliament by our far-right party why we’re doing this," she told Yahoo News. "And I answered that Ukraine is literally fighting for us. When Russia is at war with them, they're not at war with us. And we have peace here."
Kallas has been an explicit critic of French President Emmanuel Macron's insistence that the West not "humiliate" Vladimir Putin, something she sees as a dangerous non sequitur. In a March 24 op-ed in the New York Times she wrote, "Putin cannot win this war. He cannot even think he has won, or his appetite will grow."
Progressives in the US venerate Stalin, Mao, Che, etc. and it's sickening. They were mass murderers and war criminals just like Hitler and should be judged accordingly. Putin may never reach the Hitler/Stalin/Mao level of evil but it won't be for lack of effort.

She is spot on about not letting Putin win this war. It will just make him bolder and eventually lead to a larger and more deadly conflict.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:05 pm Estonia's prime minister has a message for the West: 'Don't worry about Putin's feelings'
"I think a fundamental mistake was made after the Second World War," she said, sitting beneath a painting of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments. "While the Nazi crimes were widely condemned, the communists' crimes never were. So we see a strong revival of Stalinism right now in Russia. Seventy percent of Russians support Stalin, despite his having murdered 20 million people, despite the deportations, the prisons camps, war, everything. History books in Estonia were rewritten after communism, whereas Russians are still being taught the same history that we had to read during the Soviet period, which was total crap."
When considered alongside their humanitarian and financial assistance, the Estonians donated the equivalent of 0.81% of their gross domestic product to another nation at war, a staggering metric.

Kallas is keen to emphasize that security assistance is not charity. "I was asked in Parliament by our far-right party why we’re doing this," she told Yahoo News. "And I answered that Ukraine is literally fighting for us. When Russia is at war with them, they're not at war with us. And we have peace here."
Kallas has been an explicit critic of French President Emmanuel Macron's insistence that the West not "humiliate" Vladimir Putin, something she sees as a dangerous non sequitur. In a March 24 op-ed in the New York Times she wrote, "Putin cannot win this war. He cannot even think he has won, or his appetite will grow."
Progressives in the US venerate Stalin, Mao, Che, etc. and it's sickening. They were mass murderers and war criminals just like Hitler and should be judged accordingly. Putin may never reach the Hitler/Stalin/Mao level of evil but it won't be for lack of effort.

She is spot on about not letting Putin win this war. It will just make him bolder and eventually lead to a larger and more deadly conflict.
I have yet to meet a progressive who venerates Stalin or Mao. But some college kids apparently wear Che T-shirt’s and support some Marx’s ideas on class struggle and worker rights.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:05 pm Estonia's prime minister has a message for the West: 'Don't worry about Putin's feelings'

I have yet to meet a progressive who venerates Stalin or Mao. But some college kids apparently wear Che T-shirt’s and support some Marx’s ideas on class struggle and worker rights.
Then you have your head in the sand.

Sarah Iannarone, received more than 40% of the votes in the Portland mayoral election

What would you say if a candidate for mayor of Des Moines wore a tie with Hitler, Mussolini and Franco on it? Or tweeted a photo of his/her ballot with them as write-in candidates?

Che was a racist homophobe who set up concentration camps for Castro.

Not only are there progressives who venerate them, they also defend/deflect for Maduro (and Chavez before him). And there are not nearly enough moderate liberals who call them out on it.

We rightfully demonize Hitler but let Stalin and Mao off the hook.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:17 pm

Sarah Iannarone, received more than 40% of the votes in the Portland mayoral election

What would you say if a candidate for mayor of Des Moines wore a tie with Hitler, Mussolini and Franco on it? Or tweeted a photo of his/her ballot with them as write-in candidates?

Not only are there progressives who venerate them, they also defend/deflect for Maduro (and Chavez before him). And there are not nearly enough moderate liberals who call them out on it.

I don’t know the mayor of Portland. :mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:31 pm

I don’t know the mayor of Portland. :mrgreen:
Let's be honest. She was the one that offered you a job in the reeducation camp where they're going to send Z, I and others. ;)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

So trading a former Soviet military officer currently serving a 25-year prison sentence in the US on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization seems like a terrible trade for a female NBA player and former marine who had a bad conduct discharge. Also sets a very bad precedent.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Spot on.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:14 pm So trading a former Soviet military officer currently serving a 25-year prison sentence in the US on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization seems like a terrible trade for a female NBA player and former marine who had a bad conduct discharge. Also sets a very bad precedent.
Shut up you, the adults are in charge.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ukraine is raising the age limit for their reservists to 70. Yikes.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

You haven't had a post about Russia "gobbling" territory in awhile. HIMARS got you down? Getting off to gore videos of Wagner mercs castrating Ukrainian POWs?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 am You haven't had a post about Russia "gobbling" territory in awhile. HIMARS got you down? Getting off to gore videos of Wagner mercs castrating Ukrainian POWs?
Indeed. HIMARS have changed the game a bit as predicted.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

What a load of horseshit. :ohno:

But yes, we need to make sure he gets his ass kicked with style and then rub his nose in it with NATO membership for Ukraine.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Great read on UKR’s strategy of “corrosion”, forcing RUS to reset its political goals, and also how effective HIMARS are at attaching RUS strength and command nodes.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:56 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 pm Yeah, I knew that our adventure there is what you were talking about. I think the 80s is more analogous to this, though. We had over 2k soldiers die in Afghanistan for nothing.

Despite what SD is convinced of - no one serious wants US boots on the ground. And I don't believe we'll see 2k deaths in Ukraine. Blood is more important that treasure, imo. and whatever $$ we lost in Afghanistan, the human toll makes it far worse.
For nothing? Hey, I surely get the idea that Afghanistan wasn't a roaring success, and our incredibly bungled and rapid exit from there didn't help that, but Afghanistan prior to 9/11 compared to Afghanistan now circa 2022 is still different. It's no longer the safe haven for the largest terrorist organization on the planet (at the time Al Queda and Osama Bin Laden). The Taliban today, while still horribly repressive of women in particular, at least appear to be somewhat chastened with regards to harboring and sheltering terrorists of that ilk. Again, was it worth the loss of lives and the tremendous cost? Probably not, but it was surely for something (however you categorize it), not nothing.
Sounds like they aren't even "somewhat chastened" :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Never heard of her. :coffee:

(Skirts don't kill people...) :geek:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:30 am

Never heard of her. :coffee:

(Skirts don't kill people...) :geek:
Neither do mean tweets.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

But don't bring this concern up or you'll be accused of being a Kremlin mouthpiece.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

That the candidate is not a very good politician. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:48 am But don't bring this concern up or you'll be accused of being a Kremlin mouthpiece.

Its a legit concern but the top priority right now is rubbing Putin's nose in his mess until he's too humiliated to be taken seriously by anybody as a Head of State , we can sort the other stuff later.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:36 am
Pwns wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:48 am But don't bring this concern up or you'll be accused of being a Kremlin mouthpiece.

Its a legit concern but the top priority right now is rubbing Putin's nose in his mess until he's too humiliated to be taken seriously by anybody as a Head of State , we can sort the other stuff later.
I’d imagine if Ukraine was using 60% or 100%…