Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:55 am

Ukraine is on their third army. They just keep sending men and equipment into the grinder.
Thats what you do when your country is invaded by a hostile neighbor - and guess what? Putin has no way out of this alive. :thumb:

You can't be so dim as to seriously think that NATO is going to spend the kind of money we have been spending on Ukraine just to let some third world punk have control of Europe's Breadbasket. Can you? :shock:
I have no clue how stupid the neocons are in this regard, but it should have sane people worried. It's much more than just control of Ukraine that is at stake here.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 am

Thats what you do when your country is invaded by a hostile neighbor - and guess what? Putin has no way out of this alive. :thumb:

You can't be so dim as to seriously think that NATO is going to spend the kind of money we have been spending on Ukraine just to let some third world punk have control of Europe's Breadbasket. Can you? :shock:
I have no clue how stupid the neocons are in this regard, but it should have sane people worried. It's much more than just control of Ukraine that is at stake here.
It's control of the Jewish space lasers, isn't it? That's what's at stake here.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

You say that but you don't seem to understand it - but thank you for reinforcing my point
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:58 am

It's control of the Jewish space lasers, isn't it? That's what's at stake here.
Mazel Tough!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:11 am

You say that but you don't seem to understand it - but thank you for reinforcing my point
Coming from the guy who believes Russia blew up their own pipeline, that's gold.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Germany has finally decided to send a Leopard 2’s and releasing military partners to do the same.

Biden is announcing that we’re sending Abrams.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:16 am

Coming from the guy who believes Russia blew up their own pipeline, that's gold.
You're right. If Russia tried, they would have ended up taking out a Danish maternity ward instead.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:10 am Germany has finally decided to send a Leopard 2’s and releasing military partners to do the same.

M1s, M1A1s, or M1A2s?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:26 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:10 am Germany has finally decided to send a Leopard 2’s and releasing military partners to do the same.

M1s, M1A1s, or M1A2s?

Doesn't matter, its just target practice.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

nice tap out. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:25 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:53 am Never looks good to swap leadership in the middle of a war.

But I thought we weren’t supposed to be supporting them because of corruption!
Now you care about Ukraine corruption? Talk about a day late and a dollar short.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:29 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:26 pm
M1s, M1A1s, or M1A2s?
Sure as hell does matter, esp if its the highly technical, digitized A2. Who pray tell is going to maintain these tanks on/near the battlefield? It will take time to train crews, and even longer to train maintenance personnel.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:34 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:29 pm
Sure as hell does matter, esp if its the highly technical, digitized A2. Who pray tell is going to maintain these tanks on/near the battlefield? It will take time to train crews, and even longer to train maintenance personnel.
What a fucking halfwit. :ohno:

You thinking they haven't been training on them for months already? Ukrainians are an educated populace from an agricultural country - there won't be any problem finding knucklebusters. You can bet they'll have made practical improvements that will be incorporated into the design in the future. This is going to be a bonanza for our economy - nobody wants cheap Russian shit anymore and ours will hit the market with a history of Thagomizing the Russian's pitiful excuse for military equipment.. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

...you mean it was Poland?! :shock:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:34 pm

You thinking they haven't been training on them for months already? Ukrainians are an educated populace from an agricultural country - there won't be any problem finding knucklebusters. You can bet they'll have made practical improvements that will be incorporated into the design in the future. This is going to be a bonanza for our economy - nobody wants cheap Russian shit anymore and ours will hit the market with a history of Thagomizing the Russian's pitiful excuse for military equipment.. :coffee:
:dunce: Your dementia is as bad as your boy Biden's. Horrible for our economy. Military industrial complex gets a short term boost from the taxpayers, which will just bury us further in debt. 100 billion already pissed away that we aren't going to be paid for, and anything else sent that crooked government's way will be "given" not sold courtesy of the US taxpayers. We didn't trade squat with Ukraine before, and we won't be after this thing is over with their economy absolutely wrecked.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:27 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:39 pm

:dunce: Your dementia is as bad as your boy Biden's. Horrible for our economy. Military industrial complex gets a short term boost from the taxpayers, which will just bury us further in debt. 100 billion already pissed away that we aren't going to be paid for, and anything else sent that crooked government's way will be "given" not sold courtesy of the US taxpayers. We didn't trade squat with Ukraine before, and we won't be after this thing is over with their economy absolutely wrecked.
Just like Japan and Germany!
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:40 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:45 pm This is what I've been saying about capabilities if true. If you don't know what is happening, here it is. Ukraine has been relying on US drones and other aircraft to give them early warning when a missile attack is coming. That way, Ukraine can leave their air defense off until it needs to be switched on as late as possible.

The point is by keeping air defense off, the Russians can't pinpoint and take them out. Once again, if true, it now looks as if Russia is able to "jam" US surveillance and Ukraine won't get that heads up.

...yeah, this is the beginning of the end. :roll:
I mean, beyond that dumbass's nonexistent bonanafides, and his 11 months worth of tweets being dead wrong about the war every step of the way, I love how even his own people won't claim him :lol:
https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic. ... 1&start=10

I'd say that sort of intimate talk about the sort of lunatics SG follows should at least give him pause to evaluate what he trusts and believes, but obviously that won't happen.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:27 pm
Japan attacked us, declared war on us, and was in the process of taking over the entire western Pacific along with a good chunk of Asia.

Germany had taken over almost all of Europe, and a good chunk of Russia AND declared war on us.

You think Russis is going to try to take over allmost all of Europe? You think they’ed be able to? You think they’d declare war on us?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:53 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:40 am

...yeah, this is the beginning of the end. :roll:
I mean, beyond that dumbass's nonexistent bonanafides, and his 11 months worth of tweets being dead wrong about the war every step of the way, I love how even his own people won't claim him :lol:

I'd say that sort of intimate talk about the sort of lunatics SG follows should at least give him pause to evaluate what he trusts and believes, but obviously that won't happen.
Ah.....much becomes clear now. I had thought he was a more garden-variety evangelical wackadoodle. Them Mos are some live ones - they have figured out, like scientology, that the best bait for snaring new members (and 10% of their income), is attractive young women. And they got 'em in Utah big time. :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:06 pm

Japan attacked us, declared war on us, and was in the process of taking over the entire western Pacific along with a good chunk of Asia.

Germany had taken over almost all of Europe, and a good chunk of Russia AND declared war on us.

You think Russis is going to try to take over allmost all of Europe? You think they’ed be able to? You think they’d declare war on us?
The point…whoosh!

We rebuilt and developed trade relationships with even our enemies.

Beyond that…there are obvious world wide trade and security implications. Also Democracy.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I don't know - what do youthink is the right amount of territory that Ukraine should give up in exchange for promises of peace?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:52 am
Silenoz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:53 pm

Ah.....much becomes clear now. I had thought he was a more garden-variety evangelical wackadoodle. Them Mos are some live ones - they have figured out, like scientology, that the best bait for snaring new members (and 10% of their income), is attractive young women. And they got 'em in Utah big time. :thumb:
You actually went to discussmormom? :rofl: To try and refute a military capability that you didn't even refute? :rofl:

How about some information on the capability of the Russians being able to "blind" US defense. Did this truly happen or is there another explanation.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:36 am

I don't know - what do youthink is the right amount of territory that Ukraine should give up in exchange for promises of peace?
Whatever ends it the quickest so our benevolent govt quits pissing away ginormous sums of taxpayer $$$ into a corrupt country fighting another even more corrupt country. Because outside of our tax dollars being pissed away, whether Russia takes over all of Ukraine, some of Ukraine, or none of Ukraine, will have zero effect on my life.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:00 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:36 am
Whatever ends it the quickest so our benevolent govt quits pissing away ginormous sums of taxpayer $$$ into a corrupt country fighting another even more corrupt country. Because outside of our tax dollars being pissed away, whether Russia takes over all of Ukraine, some of Ukraine, or none of Ukraine, will have zero effect on my life.
Ukraine's strategic location and role as the breadbasket of Europe make it important in the grand scheme. Whether Russia takes over all of Ukraine, some of Ukraine, or none of Ukraine, might have zero effect on your life but it could have a significant long-term effects on world peace and international commerce which would impact many Americans.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm