Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Ukraine

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
At least they get ammo now. Not like back in the Reagan administration. :ohno:
Yeah. Because there's NO difference in world politics now than back in '81, right? :dunce: :dunce:

Irrelevant. :ohno:

World politics may have been different than in '81, Z, but many things have not changed. Among the things that have not changed are the facts that car bombs are a way of life in the mid-east and Marines aren't very effective without ammo anywhere. :coffee:

Yeah, buddy, ol' Ronnie showed 'em how the hogs ate the cabbage. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Ukraineq

Post by kalm »

."Russia's Black Sea Fleet has told Ukrainian forces in Crimea to surrender by 5 a.m. on Tuesday or face a military assault, Interfax news agency quoted a source in the Ukrainian Defence Ministry as saying. The ultimatum, Interfax said, was issued by Alexander Vitko, the fleet's commander.

"If they do not surrender before 5 a.m. tomorrow, a real assault will be started against units and divisions of the armed forces across Crimea," the agency quoted the ministry source as saying.

According to the Kyiv Post, the ultimatum was broadcast from a Russian ship via a loudspeaker offshore, but "the words were muffled
"I think he said the Sherrif's near!"
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Hmmmm....might have to start watching RT, and not just for the journalistic independence. :winky:
Enthusiastic supporters of a wide range of other US interventions in sovereign states, both past and present and in and out of government, are equally righteous in their newfound contempt for invasions – when done by Russia. Secretary of State John Kerry – who stood on the Senate floor in 2002 and voted to authorize the invasion of Iraq because “Saddam Hussein [is] sitting in Baghdad with an arsenal of weapons of mass destruction” and there is “little doubt that Saddam Hussein wants to retain his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction” – told Face the Nation on Sunday: “You just don’t in the 21st Century behave in 19th Century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped-up pretext.” The supremely sycophantic Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer – as he demanded to know how Russia would be punished - never once bothered Kerry (or his other Iraq-war-advocating guests, including Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Washington Post columnist David Ignatius) by asking about any of that unpleasantness (is it hard at all for you to sermonize against invasions of sovereign countries given, you know, how often you yourself support them?)

American invasions and occupations of nations halfway around the world are perfectly noble, but Russian interference in a part of a country right on its border is the supreme act of lawless, imperial aggression. Few things are worse than watching America’s militarists, invasion-and-occupying-justifiers, regime-change enthusiasts, drone-lovers, and supporters of its various “kinetic military actions” self-righteously wrap themselves in the banner of non-intervention, international law and respect for sovereignty. Does anyone take those denunciations seriously outside of the class of western elites who disseminate them?

American media elites awash in an orgy of feel-good condemnation in particular love to mock Russian media, especially the government-funded English-language outlet RT, as being a source of shameless pro-Putin propaganda, where free expression is strictly barred (in contrast to the Free American Media). That that network has a strong pro-Russian bias is unquestionably true. But one of its leading hosts, Abby Martin, remarkably demonstrated last night what “journalistic independence” means by ending her Breaking the Set program with a clear and unapologetic denunciation of the Russian action in Ukraine:

For all the self-celebrating American journalists and political commentators: was there even a single US television host who said anything comparable to this in the lead-up to, or the early stages of, the US invasion of Iraq? Even now, how many American TV hosts on the major networks and cable outlets report on the types of American killings described in the first three paragraphs of this interview with Hamid Karzai, or the ongoing extinguishing of innocent human lives by President Obama’s drone attacks, or the pervasive chaos and suffering left in the wake of the NATO intervention in Libya that they almost universally cheered, or the endless brutality of the West Bank occupation and Gaza domination by the US’s closest Middle East ally, or, for that matter, US/EU interference in the very same country that Russia is now condemned for invading? As political science professor As’ad AbuKhalil put it yesterday after listening to Obama’s condemnation of Russia:
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... crimea-rt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Grizalltheway wrote:The Poles have officially mobilized. :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrStBRDl ... r_embedded[/youtube]
I'm trying to find translations on that...

The video title is in Russian, apparently, and reads
Polish armored vehicles moving eastward across the country observed a column of military equipment
However, the comments says something like
Judging from tennis, machinery moving to the West!
So, apparently the vehicles moving to the west...if it's the Poles why are the moving towards Germany?

Also, what the fuck does tennis have to do with this...and I don't see any tennis....
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

The same guy uploaded a video titled...roughly...
Russian military in northern Crimea!! Armiansk March 3, 2014 Morning October 15
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3m53w8yzM[/youtube]

Comments on that one interesting....In order of posting

First one is in Ukrainian
Looks convincing! Maydanutym diarrhea provided.
From what I can tell Maydanutym is "may day"...so...um...YEAH DIARRHEA! Apparenlty some local saying about shitting your pants that doesn't translate well.

Second comment is in Russian...
The bastards!!!
The final comment, thus far...in russian from someone welcoming the invasion
t was unbelievable to live to see this day - Russian troops in his hometown! Brothers, I greet you!
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

So...from what I can tell

That shit is fucked up.

I don't really follow foreign policy for shit...I can't control it so I just stay out of it for the most part...but...what I gather is - We are fucked if we do and fucked if we don't when it comes to this situation.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

clenz wrote:So...from what I can tell

That shit is fucked up.

I don't really follow foreign policy for shit...I can't control it so I just stay out of it for the most part...but...what I gather is - We are fucked if we do and fucked if we don't when it comes to this situation.
No. I say we DON'T send the Ukraine 1 billion US dollars, and the Press Release should read :

" We are not going to be sending 1 billion US dollars to the Ukraine. We will instead, be investing that 1 billion US dollars in the US school system and infrastructure.

Sorry.

Fix your own problems or have China or someone else pick up your tab.

Regards,

'Merica"
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Did some more digging on the word...

Came across this..(you may need to translate it, my browser did it for me).

http://donetskie.com/novosti/2014/02/17 ... -aktivista" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if that ties in at all..but the link at the end is titled "Putin his screenplay for Ukraine"

This was posted Feb 14th according to my google search

http://mnenie-ua.com/stati/stsenariy-putina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Russia today is not simply one of the most influential players in Ukrainian politics, but also the most active. The price of gas has been repeatedly tested argument in the debate continues to be quite effective.

Credit needle does not just make any Ukrainian president amenable. In the case of batch use (namely and issued the promised $ 15 billion - pieces), it makes coordinate every step. Otherwise - the cessation of funding, which is already budgeted. Economic crisis and social unrest. And disgruntled oligarchs, too, do not forget. Using this tool, the Kremlin may affect Ukrainian politicians and actively uses this opportunity. Sometimes even very tough hinting that he can do even though the president . And here it is important to understand what Moscow wants to achieve in Ukraine. What is it - Ukrainian Putin's plan? Of course, the maximum program, from which no one makes secret involvement of Ukraine in a supranational union under Russian control. Customs Union, the Eurasian Union - are not in the title. The Kremlin wants to return geopolitical control of the territory in order to restore the status of a superpower. Color wraps and inscription on the package have no significance. This is, again, the maximum program. problem is that lately Moscow faced categorical reluctance on the part of Ukrainians to join this project. Regardless of its economic attractiveness. That is the population of Ukraine chat wanted to spit on cheap gas, credits and other bonuses from his elder brother. They make a fundamentally different civilizational choice and willing to pay dearly for it . In this case, Putin has to make a choice between the control over a part of Ukraine or the full disclaimer at all. From the perspective of healthy logic, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Thus, if the Kremlin is satisfied inability to take control of the whole Ukraine, every effort will be made ​​to split the state. Under this scenario, Russia is not interested in stopping the Ukrainian conflict and its escalation. What is fiercer opposition than larger reserve builds up claims of the parties, the easier it will lead them to believe that peaceful divorce better civil war. Nothing personal - a great policy. currently working in the Kremlin line with these two scenarios. Still hope to win globally preserved, retaining Yanukovych president and controlling it using economic levers . But fallback with detached part of the regions under the protectorate of Russia is also executed. And not for nothing known pro-Kremlin policy, the same Kolesnichenko, in the last few days talking about federalism. This means that the second option is gradually emerging in the main status.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

The search to translate mayduntym led me also to this from 2007 message board posting
http://www.superforum.org/index.php?sho ... 238&st=105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But the main problem remains, namely: whether the "Ukrainian" an independent people, who may, in accordance with their national interests, to build a viable state in the presence of essential rights for national minorities (europeyskaya still derzhava). And with that you can maintain a normal relationship. Or is it really proves how Sergey Rodin, in his book "Renouncing Russian name," anti-Russian chimeric integrity occupied by Russian Little Russia, and live by the hatred of Russian and Russia due to rampant slander and shameless lies. The facts prove the second. Half of the population (a conservative estimate it is the majority who voted for Yanukovych, and that after 70 years of Soviet rule and 14 years of Independence Square bacchanal) requires the introduction of a second state language. In this case they are refused, contrary to all international and especially European norms. Then why play up mortal enemies? Why let anti-Russian forces to transform the Russian population in Little Russia mankurts that gripped us when the case is in the throat (of course under the protection of NATO)? All of the "Ukrainian" theory is based on lies and rests only on the fact that we, Russian, once disdained to expose this lie. And now we are afraid "to offend" maydanutyh, all the while hoping that "the fraternal Ukrainian nation," he will understand in a lie and slander, he wants to live peacefully with Russia and neighborly. Philistine, that the Russian, the Ukrainian, this is and would like to, but who is enable Ukrainian? In this regard, the defense of (ideological) - the death of Russia. You have to play in advance. Rigid propaganda, exposing the lies "ukrainosvidomyh" maydanutym explanation that they are simply cannon fodder in the plans of the West to destroy Russia. Lie kept up as long as it does not expose. She herself did not fall. And when under the influence of a massive, targeted advocacy Little-Russian Russian everyman realize how vile and blatantly lied to him, then the water broke, then all these "ukrainosvidomye" fall Perezpeloyu pear as soon as they shake. As in 1917, a 20-m. All the hysteria that russofobstvuyuschih mankurts based on the fear that someone will expose their lies for many centuries, "Ukrainian" story of a lost under Russian occupation in Ukrainian. And will be responsible for the collapse of the economy and life and stuff, stuff, stuff ...
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:Hmmmm....might have to start watching RT, and not just for the journalistic independence. :winky:
Enthusiastic supporters of a wide range of other US interventions in sovereign states, both past and present and in and out of government, are equally righteous in their newfound contempt for invasions – when done by Russia. Secretary of State John Kerry – who stood on the Senate floor in 2002 and voted to authorize the invasion of Iraq because “Saddam Hussein [is] sitting in Baghdad with an arsenal of weapons of mass destruction” and there is “little doubt that Saddam Hussein wants to retain his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction” – told Face the Nation on Sunday: “You just don’t in the 21st Century behave in 19th Century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped-up pretext.” The supremely sycophantic Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer – as he demanded to know how Russia would be punished - never once bothered Kerry (or his other Iraq-war-advocating guests, including Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Washington Post columnist David Ignatius) by asking about any of that unpleasantness (is it hard at all for you to sermonize against invasions of sovereign countries given, you know, how often you yourself support them?)

American invasions and occupations of nations halfway around the world are perfectly noble, but Russian interference in a part of a country right on its border is the supreme act of lawless, imperial aggression. Few things are worse than watching America’s militarists, invasion-and-occupying-justifiers, regime-change enthusiasts, drone-lovers, and supporters of its various “kinetic military actions” self-righteously wrap themselves in the banner of non-intervention, international law and respect for sovereignty. Does anyone take those denunciations seriously outside of the class of western elites who disseminate them?

American media elites awash in an orgy of feel-good condemnation in particular love to mock Russian media, especially the government-funded English-language outlet RT, as being a source of shameless pro-Putin propaganda, where free expression is strictly barred (in contrast to the Free American Media). That that network has a strong pro-Russian bias is unquestionably true. But one of its leading hosts, Abby Martin, remarkably demonstrated last night what “journalistic independence” means by ending her Breaking the Set program with a clear and unapologetic denunciation of the Russian action in Ukraine:

For all the self-celebrating American journalists and political commentators: was there even a single US television host who said anything comparable to this in the lead-up to, or the early stages of, the US invasion of Iraq? Even now, how many American TV hosts on the major networks and cable outlets report on the types of American killings described in the first three paragraphs of this interview with Hamid Karzai, or the ongoing extinguishing of innocent human lives by President Obama’s drone attacks, or the pervasive chaos and suffering left in the wake of the NATO intervention in Libya that they almost universally cheered, or the endless brutality of the West Bank occupation and Gaza domination by the US’s closest Middle East ally, or, for that matter, US/EU interference in the very same country that Russia is now condemned for invading? As political science professor As’ad AbuKhalil put it yesterday after listening to Obama’s condemnation of Russia:
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... crimea-rt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good link. :thumb:

"UPDATE II: In response to my question about whether any U.S. television hosts issued denunciations of the attack on Iraq similar to what Martin just did on RT, Washington lawyer Bradley Moss replied: “Phil Donahue (MSNBC) and Peter Arnett (NBC).”

Leaving aside that Arnett wasn’t a host, this perfectly proves the point I made, since both Donahue and Arnett were fired because of their opposition to the U.S. war. Arnett was fired instantly by NBC after he made critical comments about the war effort on Iraqi television, while a memo from MSNBC executives made clear they were firing Donahue despite his show being the network’s highest-rated program because he would be “a difficult public face for NBC in a time of war”.

During that same time, MSNBC’s rising star Ashleigh Banfield was demoted and then fired after she delivered a stinging rebuke of misleading pro-war TV coverage by U.S. outlets, while Jessica Yellin, at MSNBC during the time of the war, admitted in 2008 that “the press corps was under enormous pressure from corporate executives, frankly, to make sure that this was a war that was presented in a way that was consistent with the patriotic fever in the nation and the president’s high approval ratings” and that executives would change stories to make them more pro-war."

Our news...free press. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:Hmmmm....might have to start watching RT, and not just for the journalistic independence. :winky:
Gold mine! :nod:

"John Swinton, chief editorial writer at The New York Times in the 1860s and a writer and editor for The New York Sun from 1875 to 1883, wrote: “There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:

Good link. :thumb:

"UPDATE II: In response to my question about whether any U.S. television hosts issued denunciations of the attack on Iraq similar to what Martin just did on RT, Washington lawyer Bradley Moss replied: “Phil Donahue (MSNBC) and Peter Arnett (NBC).”

Leaving aside that Arnett wasn’t a host, this perfectly proves the point I made, since both Donahue and Arnett were fired because of their opposition to the U.S. war. Arnett was fired instantly by NBC after he made critical comments about the war effort on Iraqi television, while a memo from MSNBC executives made clear they were firing Donahue despite his show being the network’s highest-rated program because he would be “a difficult public face for NBC in a time of war”.

During that same time, MSNBC’s rising star Ashleigh Banfield was demoted and then fired after she delivered a stinging rebuke of misleading pro-war TV coverage by U.S. outlets, while Jessica Yellin, at MSNBC during the time of the war, admitted in 2008 that “the press corps was under enormous pressure from corporate executives, frankly, to make sure that this was a war that was presented in a way that was consistent with the patriotic fever in the nation and the president’s high approval ratings” and that executives would change stories to make them more pro-war."

Our news...free press. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And that was just MSNBC. :ohno:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

grizzaholic wrote:
clenz wrote:So...from what I can tell

That shit is fucked up.

No. I say we DON'T send the Ukraine 1 billion US dollars, and the Press Release should read :

" We are not going to be sending 1 billion US dollars to the Ukraine. We will instead, be investing that 1 billion US dollars in the US school system and infrastructure.

Sorry.

Regards,

'Merica"
Bingo!

WTF are we sending $1B to the Ukraine? WHY? :dunce:

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Cluck U wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:

Sorry.

Regards,

'Merica"
Bingo!

I dislike Obama as much or more than the next guy, but if he did what I just posted, I would have a little respect for him and actually might shake his hand if I ever saw him on the street.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Cluck U wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:

Sorry.

Regards,

'Merica"
Bingo!

I don't disagree with that...but that's not how things are now.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

clenz wrote:
Cluck U wrote:
Bingo!

I don't disagree with that...but that's not how things are now.
And that is why the president and his people are weak and SHOULDN'T be allowed to be the manager of a 7-11.

Justin Halpern
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Where did they get her? I'm not as impressed with her looks, but she speaks as though she was trained in our Midwest, 'Merican accent/non-accent facilities. Then, after she says she really doesn't know much about Ukrainian history, she says she is against anything that will lead to a World War...............................well, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Still, good link...we need stuff like that to expose our "free press" as nothing but lap dogs for the wealthy. :nod:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yeah, US/Iraq is a good comparison to Russia/Ukraine :dunce: After all, Ukraine's leader & current regime started an 8 year war with one of its neighbors, used WMDs on its own people, invaded & occupied another small neighbor, threatened to invade a 3rd neighbor, thereby taking over around 1/2 of the then known world oil reserves, has/is seeking WMDs, supported certain terrorist groups, and killed around around 600k of his own people over 24 years in power....

Maybe shouldn't have gone into Iraq 03', and definitely shouldn't get involved militarily with Ukraine/Russia, but to compare the US led invasion of Iraq in 03' to Russia's invasion of Ukraine is downright silly...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:

Yeah, US/Iraq is a good comparison to Russia/Ukraine :dunce: After all, Ukraine's leader & current regime started an 8 year war with one of its neighbors, used WMDs on its own people, invaded & occupied another small neighbor, threatened to invade a 3rd neighbor, thereby taking over around 1/2 of the then known world oil reserves, has/is seeking WMDs, supported certain terrorist groups, and killed around around 600k of his own people over 24 years in power....

Maybe shouldn't have gone into Iraq 03', and definitely shouldn't get involved militarily with Ukraine/Russia, but to compare the US led invasion of Iraq in 03' to Russia's invasion of Ukraine is downright silly...
He was comparing press coverage. :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

He was comparing press coverage. :dunce:
And RT is complete garbage- a propaganda network for Russia that is one step above a state owned network. That fact that you stated you may have to start watching them is :lol:

I found RT was garbage last year while in the UK I watched a piece they did on the fracking debate in the UK as European nations are looking to start fracking. It was a 100% biased, anti fracking propaganda that would have made Michael Moore proud. It didn't present anything from the other side. Made similar claims as Gasland (where they gleaned some of their footage from), despite many of those claims being debunked in Truthland.

There is a reason for RT's propaganda. Just look up Russian enerygy giant "Gazprom" and "anti fracking". Putin and the Russians are against it because it is hurting, and will continue to hurt their natural gas export market and profits.
How fracking weakens Gazprom, the bedrock beneath Putin’s feet
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le8791722/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gazprom Funds Anti-Fracking Campaigns in Europe?
http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/ ... urope.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Putin is Fracking Furious
http://news.yahoo.com/why-putin-hates-f ... AzODVfMQ--" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was also in Germany a couple of weeks ago and watched some coverage of the Ukraine crisis on RT. Completely biased against the protesters, very pro Viktor Yanukovych, pro Russia.

RT is just a propaganda network for Russia.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:I found out RT is complete garbage when last year while in the UK I watched a piece they did on the fracking debate in the UK as European nations are looking to start fracking. It was a 100% biased, anti fracking propaganda that would have made Michael Moore proud. It didn't present anything from the other side. Made similar claims as Gasland (where they gleaned some of their footage from), despite many of those claims being debunked in Truthland.

There is a reason for RT's propaganda. Just look up Russian enerygy giant "Gazprom" and "anti fracking". Putin and the Russians are against it because it is hurting, and will continue to hurt their natural gas export market and profits.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le8791722/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/ ... urope.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://news.yahoo.com/why-putin-hates-f ... AzODVfMQ--" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...with an anchor that came out against their involvement in the Ukraine....the point that went right over your head as usual. :lol:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

BDKJMU wrote: Yeah, US/Iraq is a good comparison to Russia/Ukraine :dunce: After all, Ukraine's leader & current regime started an 8 year war with one of its neighbors, used WMDs on its own people, invaded & occupied another small neighbor, threatened to invade a 3rd neighbor, thereby taking over around 1/2 of the then known world oil reserves, has/is seeking WMDs, supported certain terrorist groups, and killed around around 600k of his own people over 24 years in power....

You forgot the part where the US supplied Saddam with weapons and intel while encouraging him to invade Iran, and then turning our backs while he used poison gas on his neighbor, and his own people, until we decided that he wasn't going along with our idea of how the world's oil market should be run for our benefit. And then there are the old related stories in the Middle East (and other parts of the world) about helping supply freedom fighters with arms, unless those freedom fighters happen to be fighting for freedom against one of our oil/mineral allies, in which case we send the arms supplies, and technical assistance (how to waterboard people, how to wrap wires around people's balls in order to get them to talk, and other helpful bits of assistance) to the ruthless unfreedom fighting governments that do our bidding. Of course, there is also the whole American settling of the West thing, but who's really comparing the subtle and not-so-subtle differences between how different nations interpret other nations not respecting another nation's sovereignty when it come to acting in their own self interests?

Right? 8-)

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:I found out RT is complete garbage when last year while in the UK I watched a piece they did on the fracking debate in the UK as European nations are looking to start fracking. It was a 100% biased, anti fracking propaganda that would have made Michael Moore proud. It didn't present anything from the other side. Made similar claims as Gasland (where they gleaned some of their footage from), despite many of those claims being debunked in Truthland.

...with an anchor that came out against their involvement in the Ukraine....the point that went right over your head as usual. :lol:
I was also in Germany a couple of weeks ago and watched some coverage of the Ukraine crisis on RT. Completely biased against the protesters, very pro Viktor Yanukovych, pro Russia.

RT is just a propaganda network for Russia. That fact that you don't get that is :lol:
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Tits. Just ripped. :clap:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Obama vs Putin in a nutshell: