UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:14 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:48 pm
Just like the US? How? The US built international consensus before it invaded Afghanistan.

Where is Russia's international consensus? There isn't one. They're becoming a pariah state like North Korea.
It doesn't matter. Russia now gets to protect their borders like the US does when it claims terrorism.

The movie "Team America" should tell you a little about how that works.
Dirka dirka
Russia is not protecting their borders, they're attempting to expand them. Ukraine was not a threat before the invasion. They're likely more of a threat now as evidenced by the explosions at the Russian bases several hundred miles from the Ukrainian border. Winning this war and absorbing all or large chucks of Ukraine is more likely to cause terrorism than to defend against it. Conquered peoples throughout history have gone underground and used unconventional means to resist invaders. If I'm Ukrainian and Russia were to successfully absorb my country then I set off a tactical nuke near the Kremlin in Moscow. Fvck the Russians and what happens after.

Your arguments are flimsy. As I've stated before, Mexico could use them to invade the Arizona. Any number of Muslim countries could use them to invade China (if they weren't selling their Islamic brethren down the river).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:12 pm
Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:27 pm

How about some winning? Like some sort of operational success. That's the only way to silence the critics, right? And Russia hasn't had much of a win since their scorched Earth campaign crawl through the Donbas. If you can even call that a win. Imagine we plodded forward in Iraq by turning the desert into glass for a few months. That would have gone over real well.

Plan? Lets start with long range missiles to strike the bases in Russia. Key word: bases. As opposed to indiscriminate attacks against anything and everything. We'll let Russia keep a monopoly on that tactic.
:lol: You bet. Russia has only gained how much territory while outmanned 3:1.

Once again. You and Gannon Fan need a refresher on the SMO aspect.
Fail. Please try again to tell me what win they've had since the Donbas in June. That was 6 months again. And you believe whatever made-up metrics you want.

I'm beginning to believe the bot theory. It's the only conceivable explanation for your blind zealotry :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:12 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:12 pm

:lol: You bet. Russia has only gained how much territory while outmanned 3:1.

Once again. You and Gannon Fan need a refresher on the SMO aspect.
Fail. Please try again to tell me what win they've had since the Donbas in June. That was 6 months again. And you believe whatever made-up metrics you want.

I'm beginning to believe the bot theory. It's the only conceivable explanation for your blind zealotry :lol:
What exactly was Russia looking to conquer? I don't remember anything other than Putin saying 300 miles of buffer.

You don't see what Russia is doing. Denazify and demilitarize. Ukraine isn't going to have able bodies to man their beat to shit weaponry.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:44 am So, if Russia launches a big offensive when the ground freezes, like I've been saying, are you going to start realizing you've been lied to by the media?
Has the media said that Russia isn't going to try to mount any kind of offensive? :?

Usually, it's probably a good idea to soften up defensive and pound supply lines before an offensive. Russia has seemed to only be able to lob cruise missiles and Iranian drones at civilian infrastructure since they fled Kharkiv and Kherson. But, they might go for an offensive, we'll see.

We can revisit in April or so, but I bet Ukraine takes back more land than Russia captures in that time. Care to wager?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:29 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:44 am So, if Russia launches a big offensive when the ground freezes, like I've been saying, are you going to start realizing you've been lied to by the media?
Has the media said that Russia isn't going to try to mount any kind of offensive? :?

Usually, it's probably a good idea to soften up defensive and pound supply lines before an offensive. Russia has seemed to only be able to lob cruise missiles and Iranian drones at civilian infrastructure since they fled Kharkiv and Kherson. But, they might go for an offensive, we'll see.

We can revisit in April or so, but I bet Ukraine takes back more land than Russia captures in that time. Care to wager?
I'm up for a wager. All I've been really saying is the media narrative doesn't reflect the truth.

I'm willing to say that Russia will attempt an offensive so large, Ukraine will have to negotiate. I think they will be successful. Russia just has too much capability.

I tend to think Russia will simply want to claim a buffer of Ukrainian land and isn't interested in the rest, although they for sure don't want someone NATO friendly running the rump state.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:24 pmalthough they for sure don't want someone NATO friendly running the rump state.
Yeah, I think that is clear. Remember what they did to Yushchenko?

Invasion has been less than helpful in removing Zelenskiy. He had a 31% approval rating before the invasion. Now he's a national hero. :lol:

Similar to adding some "buffer." Finland had no interest in joining NATO before the invasion. Ooooooops. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:24 pm I tend to think Russia will simply want to claim a buffer of Ukrainian land and isn't interested in the rest, although they for sure don't want someone NATO friendly running the rump state.
You can think it all you want, but Russia built up troops in Belarus and tried to invade Central Ukraine on the first day. There were (and still are) attacks throughout Ukraine. And Putin's repeated that Ukraine isn't really a nation.

So sorry if I don't believe Russia "simply wants to claim a buffer of land and isn't interested in the rest."
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

They've already convinced themselves that the attempted encirclement of Kyiv was a feint. Don't bother.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:48 pm
What exactly was Russia looking to conquer?
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

I ask again. What win can Russia claim since June.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Silenoz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:01 am
What exactly was Russia looking to conquer?
If you use that map and include the Crimea as part of Russia, SG's 300 mile buffer zone would be about 3/4 of Ukraine. Who really thinks Russia was going to stop at 3/4 of Ukraine?

And SG might be right about the media lying but I don't think his "media" is any less biased than the MSM. Don't you and Jelly have relatives in Ukraine and/or Russia? I have a lot more faith in the media that is telling a story consistent with what you're hearing from people who live in the region.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Wonder what all the Putin Hawks and the ra ra Ukraine crowd thinks of one of the most infamous arms dealers being set free for a WNBA player.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/europe/v ... index.html
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Dumb move, imo.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:16 pm Wonder what all the Putin Hawks and the ra ra Ukraine crowd thinks of one of the most infamous arms dealers being set free for a WNBA player.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/europe/v ... index.html
It’s good she gets to come home but dumb on her to be there in first place.

Seems like a waste of State Dept. resources at this time.

Performative.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:12 pm Fail. Please try again to tell me what win they've had since the Donbas in June. That was 6 months again. And you believe whatever made-up metrics you want.

What exactly was Russia looking to conquer? I don't remember anything other than Putin saying 300 miles of buffer.

You don't see what Russia is doing. Denazify and demilitarize. Ukraine isn't going to have able bodies to man their beat to shit weaponry.
So you want Russia to invade the US and kill a bunch of Republicans?
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:23 pm

kalm is ready and willing to paint the target for the Russian missiles to denazify Mar-a-Lago. :D
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:53 pm

kalm is ready and willing to paint the target for the Russian missiles to denazify Mar-a-Lago. :D
I can rattle can with the best of them!
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Damn! Look at that - a triple tap-out!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:24 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:29 pm

I'm up for a wager. All I've been really saying is the media narrative doesn't reflect the truth.

I'm willing to say that Russia will attempt an offensive so large, Ukraine will have to negotiate. I think they will be successful. Russia just has too much capability.

I tend to think Russia will simply want to claim a buffer of Ukrainian land and isn't interested in the rest, although they for sure don't want someone NATO friendly running the rump state.
Yep, for 10 months now they've been playing possum, waiting for the coming blitzkrieg. A winter of freezing and hunger and the troops will be ready to conquer Ukraine. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:28 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:39 am

You've been lying to us as well since this thing began. For all of your banter about the media, you're just as inaccurate. You still don't think this is a power/grab, you still think Russia is more than justified to be doing whatever it is they're doing, and you think things have been going exactly to plan for the Russians. There's a reason people think you're a bot, it's because you've been acting like one. :coffee:
:rofl:

Anyway, I haven't been inaccurate because I'm not going out on a limb, but stating the obvious. Russia has the advantage of being on their border against a Ukraine that unfortunately doesn't have the same level of fighting capabilities.

I also supplied many diplomats opinions that the US has been pushing this since the Soviet Union broke up. Even Crimea.

I've said it many times. I love my country. I love the people of the United States. I wish the rest of the World could enjoy feeling safe in providing for their family like here in the States.

I just do not believe our government is doing a good job of spreading our "version" of living.
The only people sucking off Putin with as much vigor as you are wackadoodle evangelicals and other white supremecists. :nod:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Fucking Rossiya-1 has been painting a less rosy picture of the war as of late than SD and Seattle.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:03 am I ask again. What win can Russia claim since June.
I can't think of a single one, but if Russia has been degrading Ukrainian manpower and weaponry, that's something.

Why do you suppose Russia has been attacking the power grid? Because a lot of supplies need that electricity to get to their final destination.

You do know Russia is now estimated to have 540k men on the border? Might be why Blinken just stated on Twitter that Russia will have to give back everything since Feb 24th. He has seemed to drop Crimea on things Russia will have to give back. Wonder why that is?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:00 pm

I'm not sure if comparing this to the War on Terror is :rofl: or :dunce: .
You don't get it.

Putin went through his parliament and got approval for a "war on terror", just like the US. Russia now gets to say attacks on their lands are terror attacks. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sucks to see rules based used against the US.

Once again. Idiots at the helm, but you just keep supporting.

You're definitely from Mars. :nod:

Russian morale is already in the toilet, their supply lines are pathetic, they're hungry, they're cold, desertion rates are skyrocketing, and their war crimes only intensify Ukraine's resolve to resist the invaders. Russia fooled everybody for a long time but they've been exposed in a most embarrassing fashion as a "third world country with rockets".
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:42 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:11 pm

You don't get it.

Putin went through his parliament and got approval for a "war on terror", just like the US. Russia now gets to say attacks on their lands are terror attacks. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sucks to see rules based used against the US.

Once again. Idiots at the helm, but you just keep supporting.

You're definitely from Mars. :nod:

Russian morale is already in the toilet, their supply lines are pathetic, they're hungry, they're cold, desertion rates are skyrocketing, and their war crimes only intensify Ukraine's resolve to resist the invaders. Russia fooled everybody for a long time but they've been exposed in a most embarrassing fashion as a "third world country with rockets".
:lol: Stop! You're killing me.