I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: DOJ Memo on Marijuana Use

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sugar is legal. Bad analogy. Try again. :coffee: :coffee:
:lol:

this is fun !

still trying to figure who pays for gun injuries and prescription drug epidemic?
both legal. Bad analogies. Try again.

Besides, healthcare costs for legalizing all drugs would DWARF "gun injuries"....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Guns are legal (and protected by the 2nd amendment). Bad analogy.
I find your "healthcare" argument silly when we have prescription drug epidemic
prescribed by doctors and PUSHED by drug makers

:ohno:

for fun:
who pays for all the adult onset diabetes ?
brought on by legally consuming sugar at unhealthy levels

there should be a 50% SUGAR tax to pay for adult onset diabetes - and I'm not fucking kidding
Oh FFS.
Why add something unhealthy to the legal (recreational) market at the same time people are told that we have to pay for universal healthcare?
Can we charge non-prescription users a surcharge?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:it's bankrupting our healthcare system far more than marijuana
and I don;t see you debating the nuances of the problem
Start another thread, let's get it going. You play the part of me and I'll play the part of you.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: The facts are americans are some fat stupid fucks and are killing themselves with sugar by the millions
and the costs are staggering

and charging a FAT TAX is actually the answer
it'll never pass because the majority of Americans are fat or live with a fat fuck

it's bankrupting our healthcare system far more than marijuana
There are a lot of things bankrupting our healthcare system. Sugar is one in a long list...

But are we talking about JUST marijuana? Or all illegal drugs?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ever been to Disney?

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:Ever been to Disney?

Or Walmart.

Walmart is the most Murican place in Murica.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:Ever been to Disney?

And look! They're both drinking WATER! :lol: :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote: The facts are americans are some fat stupid fucks and are killing themselves with sugar by the millions
and the costs are staggering

and charging a FAT TAX is actually the answer
it'll never pass because the majority of Americans are fat or live with a fat fuck

it's bankrupting our healthcare system far more than marijuana
There are a lot of things bankrupting our healthcare system. Sugar is one in a long list...

I'm talking about marijuana and "____________ is legal. Bad analogy. Try again. :coffee: :coffee:" is avoiding the comparison. Comparing the health benefits, risks and costs of marijuana to alcohol and nicotine is valid. Comparing to caffeine and sugar is a little more of a stretch but not because caffeine and sugar are legal.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I'm talking about marijuana and "____________ is legal. Bad analogy. Try again. :coffee: :coffee:" is avoiding the comparison. Comparing the health benefits, risks and costs of marijuana to alcohol and nicotine is valid. Comparing to caffeine and sugar is a little more of a stretch but not because caffeine and sugar are legal.
it's all in good fun
We're not going to change the world here at CS.com

:geek:

plus anything that even mildly annoys AZ is in my wheelhouse
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
it's all in good fun
We're not going to change the world here at CS.com

plus anything that even mildly annoys AZ is in my wheelhouse
:suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I don't believe it IS valid, and here's why: Our healthcare system has already absorbed the cost associated with LEGAL things like tobacco and alcohol and sugar, etc. I want quantified what the ADDITIONAL cost associated with legalization of weed would be. On top of a system that, in chizzy's words, is already being bankrupted....especially given the left's love affair with single payer systems.

I'm fine with people putting whatever they want in their bodies. Just don't expect ME to pick up the tab for your poor decisions (any more than I already am for the already legal shit).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I don't believe it IS valid, and here's why: Our healthcare system has already absorbed the cost associated with LEGAL things like tobacco and alcohol and sugar, etc. I want quantified what the ADDITIONAL cost associated with legalization of weed would be. On top of a system that, in chizzy's words, is already being bankrupted....especially given the left's love affair with single payer systems.

I'm fine with people putting whatever they want in their bodies. Just don't expect ME to pick up the tab for your poor decisions (any more than I already am for the already legal shit).
The impact of other drugs on our healthcare system whether those costs have already been absorbed or not is relevant to the debate. If we're considering the potential additional cost of marijuana legalization why aren't we also considering the potential cost savings of making alcohol or nicotine illegal or revenue generation from a sugar tax? Cutting down on the consumption of alcohol, nicotine and sugar would have tremendous health and healthcare cost benefits. Why are we worried about marijuana when opioid and prescription drug abuse are probably a significantly bigger problem.

I agree with your last paragraph.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

In short ^
We can't be the World Police and Take Care of our own
Pick one

:coffee:

We have a mandatory school system that won't even feed its children
because its too expensive
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

The impact of other drugs on our healthcare system whether those costs have already been absorbed or not is relevant to the debate. If we're considering the potential additional cost of marijuana legalization why aren't we also considering the potential cost savings of making alcohol or nicotine illegal or revenue generation from a sugar tax? Cutting down on the consumption of alcohol, nicotine and sugar would have tremendous health and healthcare cost benefits. Why are we worried about marijuana when opioid and prescription drug abuse are probably a significantly bigger problem.

I agree with your last paragraph.
Key words: ALREADY LEGAL. We've got multiple examples of problems with the system and now we're gonna just add another one on top of a system that's already teetering? Makes zero sense to me.

Oh, and FYI: neither alcohol consumers nor smokers are protected classes. Companies can get huge discounts from their healthcare providers by NOT hiring smokers or by segregating smokers into a different payment plan. Same with drinkers.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: Or Walmart.

Damn right. Party size Lays chips, Doritos, and Tostitos are $3.48.
They are $5.29 in the local supermarket.
Don't mess with a good thing.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote: Or Walmart.

Damn right. Party size Lays chips, Doritos, and Tostitos are $3.48.
They are $5.29 in the local supermarket.
Don't mess with a good thing.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

Legality is arbitrary. Carbs are unhealthy. Stop eating bread then get back to me.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Legality is arbitrary. Carbs are unhealthy. Stop eating bread then get back to me.
Legal is anything but arbitrary. And I have stopped eating bread. What next?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: DOJ Memo on Marijuana Use

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Beer is liquid bread. Carbs and alcohol = double whammy of unhealthy, should be illegal. :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Are legal system isn’t arbitrary? You might want to rethink that one, Chet.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

What say you on this matter unanswered ?
We can afford to be the World Police yet can not take Care of our own

We have a mandatory school system that won't even feed its own children

can we all at least admit this point as a systematic truth?
there is plenty of money available if the right things are threatened

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Are legal system isn’t arbitrary? You might want to rethink that one, Chet.
*our :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:What say you on this matter unanswered ?

Has anybody ever argued against that? It’s why people on both sides of the spectrum like me and Houndawg can agree on some things, like closing overseas bases and stopping the whole “world police” thing.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Has anybody ever argued against that? It’s why people on both sides of the spectrum like me and Houndawg can agree on some things, like closing overseas bases and stopping the whole “world police” thing.
and yet here we are...

The military wants for nothing - in fact they get shit they don't even want
and still low income american kids go hungry

:shock:

2020 and yet her we are
on good evidence everybody is in favor - yet nothing changes
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Hey Chizzy, are you donating to pay off the negative balances for kids' school lunches? I'm impressed with how much you see to care about this issue.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire