HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Is it Bayh?

Post by HI54UNI »

From Drudge

FLASH: Fri Aug 22 2008 17:52:03 ET /// KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reports a company in Kansas City, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material... MORE... Gill Studios, would not confirm information about the material. They would not deny it either. At least three sources close to the plant's operations reported the Obama-Bayh material was being produced...

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Is it Bayh?

Post by dbackjon »

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

And Bayh the way, No Obama logo on those makes me suspicious....
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I have no clue. According to Yahoo! this morning, Obama was supposed to announce via TEXT of all things at any time before the start of the convention.

Whether this was supposed to be text to key party members, key members of the media, or to EVERY registered Donkey, I have no clue. If it's the latter, however, I don't envy him the bill. ;-)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Drudge has added this:

"The company is in the Obama FEC reports for previous work..."
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Or clever misdirection
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Saw something on MSNBC an hour or so ago that claims that it's actually Biden. IMO, if Obama picks Biden, he's just handed the White House to McCain.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
coastal89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCU

Post by coastal89 »

It's pretty damn funny, the race baiter picks the biggest racist he could find as his VP. Hilarious. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

coastal89 wrote:It's pretty damn funny, the race baiter picks the biggest racist he could find as his VP. Hilarious. :lol:
And one who doesn't think he's fit to lead, experienced enough, or has the proper judgement. It's amazing how your perspective changes.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

AZGrizFan wrote:
coastal89 wrote:It's pretty damn funny, the race baiter picks the biggest racist he could find as his VP. Hilarious. :lol:
And one who doesn't think he's fit to lead, experienced enough, or has the proper judgement. It's amazing how your perspective changes.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JoltinJoe wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: And one who doesn't think he's fit to lead, experienced enough, or has the proper judgement. It's amazing how your perspective changes.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
WTF? Is there an echo in here?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote: And one who doesn't think he's fit to lead, experienced enough, or has the proper judgement. It's amazing how your perspective changes.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
WTF? Is there an echo in here?
No, it was just a joke about Biden and plagiarism. I was expecting big laughs. I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

JoltinJoe wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: WTF? Is there an echo in here?
No, it was just a joke about Biden and plagiarism. I was expecting big laughs. I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.
Of course, McCain is more of a Plagarist than Biden, who did credit the author in many previous speeches...unlike McCain, who has yet to do so.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

dbackjon wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote: No, it was just a joke about Biden and plagiarism. I was expecting big laughs. I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.
Of course, McCain is more of a Plagarist than Biden, who did credit the author in many previous speeches...unlike McCain, who has yet to do so.
Nice try, DU man. Joe Biden IS Mr. Plagiarist. Cheated in law school, had to beg the disciplinary board to keep from being thrown out, later got caught plagiarizing a speech WHILE A U.S. SENATOR RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

The guy is so jacketed as a plagiarist, Wikipedia cites him as the example of a plagiarist in their "Organization Publications" section on plagiarism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

And, despite the Dem's best shot at distracting the public from his weak past...his legacy of a lifelong plagiarst whose excuses are Lovitz-like in their contrived, confabulated manner, is unequaled within his political peers.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... ility&pf=1
At the University of Delaware, he was a mediocre student - 506 out of 688 in the class of 1965. He was ``trying to be the complete Joe College,`` wrote a history professor, ranking Biden average in ``intellectual achievement`` but high in ``command of English language.`` The professor nonetheless recommended the former football and baseball jock for admission to law school ``on grounds of personality and general promise.``

But Biden soon ran into trouble at Syracuse Law. He was accused of plagiarism after lifting five pages from a law review article for a course paper. But his pleading - ``I implore you, don't take my honor`` - convinced the dean to let him stay in school, take the course over, and wipe the slate clean.

Another law dean later told a prospective employer that Biden, who finished 76th in a class of 85, had been an academic ``disappointment.`` But the dean said Biden's ``confidence,`` ``general physical appearance`` and ``general speaking ability`` would help make him a natural trial lawyer...

...Biden appropriated an inspirational speech by British Labor leader Neil Kinnock. Kinnock told of ancestors who played football after long days underground in the mines, who recited poetry poetry and paved the way for him to become the first in his family to attend college.

When he saw a tape of Kinnock in action, Biden said Thursday, ``it was a connect. I mean, I could tell how that man felt. That's how I feel.`...

...So he used it - changing the names but little else - at a debate last month in Iowa. But instead of crediting Kinnock, he told the audience he thought of it on the way to the debate.
Biden acknowledged Kinnock's language didn't fit his family perfectly. His father was in used car sales, his grandfather was a mining engineer. But he had been told and ``assumed`` that other relatives had worked in the mines. And, ``to make it clear,`` members of his mother's family had, indeed, been to college.

He had used some old Bobby Kennedy lines, too, but blamed a speechwriter for it. The suggestion of pilfering here was especially troublesome, since Biden's central campaign theme is an appeal to idealism that harks back to great Democratic struggles of the 1960s.

Thus ``the complete Joe College`` awkwardly tried to explain just where he stood back then:

``During the 1960s, I was in fact very concerned about the civil rights movement. I was not an activist. I worked at an all-black swimming pool in the east side of Wilmington, Delaware. I was involved, I was involved in what they were thinking, what they were feeling. I was involved, but I was not out there marching. I was not down in Selma, I was not anywhere else. I was a suburbanite kid who got a dose of exposure to what was happening to black Americans in my own city. . . . It was a revelation and it appalled me.

``I am not culturally one of those guys who like to - I don't fit very well because I'm not a joiner. I don't go out, I'm not very, I was out of sync . . . by the time the war movement was at its peak . . . I was married. I was in law school. I wore sportcoats. I'm serious. What you all don't seem to understand - some of you, I think, you understand it, but I don't think you're really being - well, I won't characterize it.

``Now look: You're looking at a middle class guy. I am who I am. I'm not big on flak jackets and tie-dyed shirts, you know, that's not me. I'm serious.``

He said it was ``bizarre`` that reporters ask him about such things. His family was most important, he noted. ``You know, I mean, I hated law school. I really did.`
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

dback:

With Biden, I think his blatant plagiarism as a law student is more troubling than lifting ideas from other political speeches.

When the law school incident came out, Biden claimed that he had been cleared of the charges by Syracuse Law School. But that wasn't true. Biden was convicted of the charge; however, the dean ruled that Biden would fail the course, and have to take it over, rather than dismissing him from law school.

Where I went to law school, I think Biden would have been dismissed. I knew a few students in law school who were caught plagiarizing and were dismissed -- no second chance.

The Honor Code of every law school of which I am aware specifies that any incident of plagiarism, including first offenses, will result in dismissal. I think Biden was lucky to have merely failed the class. Perhaps the Honor Code wasn't the same back in the 1960s.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

JoltinJoe wrote:dback:

With Biden, I think his blatant plagiarism as a law student is more troubling than lifting ideas from other political speeches.

When the law school incident came out, Biden claimed that he had been cleared of the charges by Syracuse Law School. But that wasn't true. Biden was convicted of the charge; however, the dean ruled that Biden would fail the course, and have to take it over, rather than dismissing him from law school.

Where I went to law school, I think Biden would have been dismissed. I knew a few students in law school who were caught plagiarizing and were dismissed -- no second chance.

The Honor Code of every law school of which I am aware specifies that any incident of plagiarism, including first offenses, will result in dismissal. I think Biden was lucky to have merely failed the class. Perhaps the Honor Code wasn't the same back in the 1960s.
To parapharase "Blazing Saddles"...

Honor.....we don't need no stinkin' honor...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote: No, it was just a joke about Biden and plagiarism. I was expecting big laughs. I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.
Proof? Or just more donk smear? :?: :?: :?:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
McCain apparently is planning ads featuring quotes prominent Donkeys, including Hillary, proclaiming how inept and inexperienced Obama is. Kinda ironic given that Hillary was last seen yesterday in Fresneck stumping for Obama.

:lol:

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote: Of course, McCain is more of a Plagarist than Biden, who did credit the author in many previous speeches...unlike McCain, who has yet to do so.
Proof? Or just more donk smear? :?: :?: :?:
His whole "Cross" story, straight out of Gulag Archipelago for starters...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Proof? Or just more donk smear? :?: :?: :?:
His whole "Cross" story, straight out of Gulag Archipelago for starters...
:?: :?: :?: I'm not familiar with either version....his, OR Gulag Archipelago's.... :?: :?: