Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Edwards Endorses Obama

Post by Ibanez »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/15/us/po ... eo4PwUBuXQ

Now, will pledged Edwards delegates vote for Obama at the Convention? It would be 19 extra votes, but now many Edwards supporters will feel better about backing Obama. When John dropped out, it was assumed that many of his supporters would align themselves with Obama.

Discuss
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Edwards Endorses Obama

Post by Col Hogan »

HRC has to be sick...physically sick...that a once slam dunk nomination has slipped from her fingers...

This is just one more nail in her coffin...her only hope now is a back-door deal with the DNC that gets her all the supers (even those who have come out for Obama) at the convention...

If that were to happen (and I doubt it will) all hell will break loose in the Democratic Party...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:HRC has to be sick...physically sick...that a once slam dunk nomination has slipped from her fingers...

This is just one more nail in her coffin...her only hope now is a back-door deal with the DNC that gets her all the supers (even those who have come out for Obama) at the convention...

If that were to happen (and I doubt it will) all hell will break loose in the Democratic Party...
That's what I told Krista this morning. If Clinton were to get the nomination, it would be a stolen election. It would disenfranchise everyone that voted. It would ruin her General Election campaign. Clinton doesn't care, she'll do whatever it takes to win, including throwing people under a bus.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

I used to think that Mark, but I believe there's something else going on with her. It's as if she has something to say (about Obama), but isn't quite yet ready to say it. OR, she knows something and is hanging around so she can capitalize on it when it breaks. Maybe she's angling for a keynote spot at the DNC convention.

:twocents:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

She is angling for the Senate Majority Leader's job.
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

You think that's it?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Yup.
:thumb:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

dbackjon wrote:She is angling for the Senate Majority Leader's job.
Jon's right.

She will also work behind the scenes to defeat Obama in the fall. She can't wait 8 years to run again.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
dbackjon wrote:She is angling for the Senate Majority Leader's job.
Jon's right.

She will also work behind the scenes to defeat Obama in the fall. She can't wait 8 years to run again.
I honestly think her chances in 2012 are going to be hurt by her actions in this election. Americans don't forget. Democrats will lay blame on her for losing them the White House in 2008. And if she is dumb enough to be behind the scenes to destroy Obama's campaign, well that will eventually make it out into the public, but I doubt that would happen. She's smart, not intellegent. There's a huge difference. Being smart is knowing what to do, or knowing how to fix something. Intellgence is having the knowledge and the ability to execute said knowledge. Like I said, she's smart.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

MarkCCU wrote:
HI54UNI wrote: Jon's right.

I honestly think her chances in 2012 are going to be hurt by her actions in this election. Americans don't forget. Democrats will lay blame on her for losing them the White House in 2008. And if she is dumb enough to be behind the scenes to destroy Obama's campaign, well that will eventually make it out into the public, but I doubt that would happen. She's smart, not intellegent. There's a huge difference. Being smart is knowing what to do, or knowing how to fix something. Intellgence is having the knowledge and the ability to execute said knowledge. Like I said, she's smart.
But she's not going to lose the election. Obama is. She won't do the dirty work to sink Obama but her minions will. She will be able to stay out of the fray. She's going to be able to come back and say "I told you so." And the idiotic American public will forget in 4 years.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire