Re: Israel-Palestine Drama Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:55 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 pm

:lol:

Good catch.

And is Bolivar an insult?
Oh my you guys are both dim bulbs

The bolívar [boˈliβaɾ] is the official currency of Venezuela.
But you capitalized bolivar. Bolivar (as in Simon Bolivar) is the George Washington of South America, bolivar is the official currency of Venezuela.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:16 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:55 pm

Oh my you guys are both dim bulbs

The bolívar [boˈliβaɾ] is the official currency of Venezuela.
But you capitalized bolivar. Bolivar (as in Simon Bolivar) is the George Washington of South America, bolivar is the official currency of Venezuela.
I see somebody googled bolivar … nice work
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:16 pm

I had to google where Bolivar was born but I've known about him since high school.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Hamas Leader Reacts to 3 Sons Being Killed: 'Thank God'
"I thank God for this honor that he bestowed upon us with the martyrdom of my three sons and some grandchildren," Haniyeh is quoted as saying to Al Jazeera as a response to the deaths.
So Israel did him a favor by killing his kids and grandkids?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:02 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:25 am

I had to google where Bolivar was born but I've known about him since high school.
High school? Wow

When I was in high school, if he wasn’t playing sports, I would’ve never heard of him
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:15 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:35 am
Like I thought. Selective outrage.
I don’t recall if I made a comment on here. You can’t argue the false equivalency which itself is selective partisanship.

At least I have a sense of right and wrong based on humanity, kindness, and peace. You…base right and wrong on political association. Sad.
That would explain the constant bitterness and lack of friends. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:53 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:02 pm

High school? Wow

When I was in high school, if he wasn’t playing sports, I would’ve never heard of him
Piss ignorant and damn proud of it by god...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:28 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:53 am

High school? Wow

Piss ignorant and damn proud of it by god...
A long time ago …
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Iran launches retaliatory attack on Israel with hundreds of drones, missiles
The U.N. Security Council was set to meet at 4 p.m. ET (2000 GMT) on Sunday after Israel requested it condemn Iran's attack and designate the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization, according to a schedule released late on Saturday.

Israel's military spokesperson, Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, said Iran launched dozens of ground-to-ground missiles at Israel, most of them intercepted outside Israeli borders. They included more than 10 cruise missiles, he said.
This might be biden's crisis (along with the border). How will he handle it? Will he fail to step up and lead like trump did with COVID and he is currently doing with the border?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am Iran launches retaliatory attack on Israel with hundreds of drones, missiles
The U.N. Security Council was set to meet at 4 p.m. ET (2000 GMT) on Sunday after Israel requested it condemn Iran's attack and designate the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization, according to a schedule released late on Saturday.

Israel's military spokesperson, Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, said Iran launched dozens of ground-to-ground missiles at Israel, most of them intercepted outside Israeli borders. They included more than 10 cruise missiles, he said.
This might be biden's crisis (along with the border). How will he handle it? Will he fail to step up and lead like trump did with COVID and he is currently doing with the border?
At least it hasn’t escalated into a regional war.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am Iran launches retaliatory attack on Israel with hundreds of drones, missiles

What 16 countries has Israel's war spread to? Klippenstein is either confused about correlation/causation or is being intentionally misleading.

I found 15 countries listed. Which one am I missing? Does Klippenstein consider Gaza/West Bank `a country/nation?
  1. Bahrain - purchased US missiles? :suspicious:
  2. Djibouti - because American ships have called at port? :suspicious:
  3. Iran - inserted themselves into this and other regional conflicts with their support of hamas (hezbollah, the houthis, etc. :nod:
  4. Iraq
  5. Israel
  6. Jordan
  7. Kuwait - because of planes/surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  8. Oman - because American ships have called at ports here? :suspicious:
  9. Qatar - because of planes/surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  10. Saudi Arabia - because of surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  11. Syria - was already in conflict long before the latest Israel/hamas fight. :dunce:
  12. Yemen - was already in conflict long before the latest Israel/hamas fight. :dunce:
  13. United Arab Emirates - because of planes/surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  14. United Kingdom
  15. United States
  16. Gaza/West Bank?
People who believe this kind of pablum are as gullible as MAQA yahoos believing the 2020 election was stolen or that trump is a victim of lawfare.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 pm

What 16 countries has Israel's war spread to? Klippenstein is either confused about correlation/causation or is being intentionally misleading.

I found 15 countries listed. Which one am I missing? Does Klippenstein consider Gaza/West Bank `a country/nation?
  3. Iran - inserted themselves into this and other regional conflicts with their support of hamas (hezbollah, the houthis, etc. :nod:
  4. Iraq
  5. Israel
  6. Jordan
  7. Kuwait - because of planes/surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  9. Qatar - because of planes/surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  10. Saudi Arabia - because of surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  11. Syria - was already in conflict long before the latest Israel/hamas fight. :dunce:
  12. Yemen - was already in conflict long before the latest Israel/hamas fight. :dunce:
  13. United Arab Emirates - because of planes/surface-to-air missile batteries there? :suspicious:
  14. United Kingdom
  15. United States
  16. Gaza/West Bank?
People who believe this kind of pablum are as gullible as MAQA yahoos believing the 2020 election was stolen or that trump is a victim of lawfare.
You seem angry about this. He makes a case in the article. You can disagree and I prefer to side with you but his opinion isn’t all that unfair.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm

4. Iraq
  5. Israel
  6. Jordan
  14. United Kingdom
  15. United States
  16. Gaza/West Bank?
You seem angry about this. He makes a case in the article. You can disagree and I prefer to side with you but his opinion isn’t all that unfair.
That's not how I read the article. Where exactly did he make the case?

IMO, he implies/states a number of erroneous things:
  • That it's already a regional conflict. I believe it's still a bunch of separate conflicts. They do have the potential to blow into a regional conflict. The Israel attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria and the Iranian response did increase that risk but I don't think it's happened yet.
  • He calls it "Israel's War" implying that Israel is responsible for what he considers "a regional conflict".
  • That the conflict is spreading from Israel. Syria and Yemen were in conflict unrelated to and long before the current Israeli/hamas conflict.
  • The Israeli/hamas conflict has spread to include 16 nations. 2 of the nations (the United Kingdom and United States) listed aren't even in the region. He doesn't mention another non-regional actor, Russia, even though they're active in the conflict in Syria. He includes 7 nations (Bahrain, Djibouti, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & United Arab Emirates) just because they have planes/missile batteries or US ships have used their ports. If he's going to do that he should include Egypt (since some of the ships transited the Suez Canal) and a host of other nations where ships stopped for fuel, supplies, etc.
  • He's presenting his opinion as fact and that anyone who disagrees with it is wrong - "the news media has been complicit ..."

He's jumping to conclusions that aren't there yet. Is he reporting facts or trying to influence opinion?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:24 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:43 pm

IMO, he implies a number of erroneous things:
  • That it's already a regional conflict. I believe it's still a bunch of separate conflicts. They do have the potential to blow into a regional conflict. The Israel attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria and the Iranian response did increase that risk but I don't think it's happened yet.
  • He calls it "Israel's War" implying that Israel is responsible for what he considers "a regional conflict".
  • That the conflict is spreading from Israel. Syria and Yemen were in conflict unrelated to and long before the current Israeli/hamas conflict.
  • The Israeli/hamas conflict has spread to include 16 nations. 2 of the nations (the United Kingdom and United States) listed aren't even in the region. He doesn't mention another non-regional actor, Russia, even though they're active in the conflict in Syria. He includes 7 nations (Bahrain, Djibouti, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & United Arab Emirates) just because they have planes/missile batteries or US ships have used their ports. If he's going to do that he should include Egypt (since some of the ships transited the Suez Canal) and a host of other nations where ships stopped for fuel, supplies, etc.

He's jumping to conclusions that aren't there yet. Is he reporting facts or trying to influence opinion?
To me he’s pointing out the obvious. A complicated and hostile region with major powers (it was right of you to point out Russia) actively involved. Is this a tipping point to larger conflict? God I hope not. But the level involvement is certainly heightened. Even for minor players like Jordan who are shooting down missiles over their airspace.

I’m not sure he has an opinion to influence other than those who read the Intercept. He’s a solid reporter.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:46 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:24 pm

IMO, he implies a number of erroneous things:

To me he’s pointing out the obvious. A complicated and hostile region with major powers (it was right of you to point out Russia) actively involved. Is this a tipping point to larger conflict? God I hope not. But the level involvement is certainly heightened. Even for minor players like Jordan who are shooting down missiles over their airspace.

I’m not sure he has an opinion to influence other than those who read the Intercept. He’s a solid reporter.
It would be just as if not more accurate if his tweet said "Hamas/Iran's war has spread to 16 countries even as the Biden administration insists there's no regional war" and his article was titled "HAMAS/IRAN CONFLICT SPREADS TO 16 NATIONS AS BIDEN ADMIN SAYS THERE’S NO WAR".
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Iran has just exposed how impotent it really is
Having threatened to exact a terrible vengeance on Israel, all that Iran appears to have achieved by launching its drone and missile attack is to reveal the true extent of the Islamic Republic’s military impotence.

Only one of the estimated three hundred drones and missiles the Iranians fired at Israel succeeded in reaching their targets, with the Israel Defence Forces reporting that just one had “lightly hit” the Nevatim air force base in southern Israel’s Negev desert. As for the rest, the majority were destroyed long before they got anywhere near Israeli territory, intercepted by anti-missile systems deployed by an impressive coalition of allies – including the US and UK – that sprang to Israel’s defence in its hour of need.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:30 pm Iran has just exposed how impotent it really is
Having threatened to exact a terrible vengeance on Israel, all that Iran appears to have achieved by launching its drone and missile attack is to reveal the true extent of the Islamic Republic’s military impotence.

Only one of the estimated three hundred drones and missiles the Iranians fired at Israel succeeded in reaching their targets, with the Israel Defence Forces reporting that just one had “lightly hit” the Nevatim air force base in southern Israel’s Negev desert. As for the rest, the majority were destroyed long before they got anywhere near Israeli territory, intercepted by anti-missile systems deployed by an impressive coalition of allies – including the US and UK – that sprang to Israel’s defence in its hour of need.
Don't underestimate the importance of the Abraham Accords and the work America has done for years to convince the rest of the Arab world that an Iran hegemony was not in the region's best interest. A lot of those countries aren't anything close to friends with Israel, but they also aren't about to stand shoulder to shoulder with Iran anytime soon. Biden didn't do anyone any favors when he started his administration out trying to duplicate the failed Obama efforts to court Iran and make them legit, and luckily the rest of the region didn't go along with that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UN newsletter exposed for sharing ways to protest in US against Israel on Tax Day
'The UN has been caught red-handed aiding and abetting pro-Hamas anarchists in American cities and streets'
By Beth Bailey Fox News
Published April 21, 2024 8:30am EDT
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

London cop threatens British man with arrest for 'Openly Jewish' appearance.” WTF is this, 1938 Germany?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Sat night:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Columbia Univ displays its blatant anti semitism.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 pm Columbia Univ displays its blatant anti semitism.
The kids are alright. What Israel is doing SHOULD be protested. But the voice of the opposition defending Israel should also be heard. No matter how stupid their arguments… like this Shai dude.