Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:11 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
At least 100 times worse yes
I don’t know. You could get some self righteous Bible study group leader who moronically believes the US is a Christian nation.

Their utter lack of understanding of history and the first amendment is just as bad as some illiberals lack of understanding of history and the second amendment.
The Sunday school teacher is just much less offensive to me then the self appointed liberal know it all

Reference: the streets
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:36 am

I don’t know. You could get some self righteous Bible study group leader who moronically believes the US is a Christian nation.

Their utter lack of understanding of history and the first amendment is just as bad as some illiberals lack of understanding of history and the second amendment.
The Sunday school teacher is just much less offensive to me then the self appointed liberal know it all

Less threat of pedophilia in the lib.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:36 am

The Sunday school teacher elected to national office who self-righteously believes that the USA is a Christian nation and wants to place the bible equal with or ahead of the Constitution is a greater threat to the Republic than a self-appointed liberal know-it-all.

That Sunday school teacher might also do nothing for "the streets" because they and/or their bigoted followers believe that the minorities who live on "the streets" are nothing more than animals who are living as they want/should.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Wow

The Chang and Eng Diablo sect is on full display

You guys are Weirdos
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:24 am Wow

You guys are Weirdos
What do you find weird about UNI’s post? ^
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:38 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:24 am Wow

You guys are Weirdos
What do you find weird about UNI’s post? ^
CH is just auditioning to fill the role of Harry Dunne to go with SG's Lloyd Christmas now that SDH doesn't post very often.

What do you think SG? Can CH be your wingman?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:54 pm Justice served. Santos remains to fulfill his duty to his constituents.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna122521
A defiant Santos spoke with reporters after the House vote, saying that this not a victory for him, but rather a victory for due process. He said a vote to expel him would have been silencing my voters.
The hypocrisy will be rich indeed if they kick tlaib out after giving santos a pass and bitching about marge getting kicked off committees.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:51 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:54 pm Justice served. Santos remains to fulfill his duty to his constituents.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna122521

The hypocrisy will be rich indeed if they kick tlaib out after giving santos a pass and bitching about marge getting kicked off committees.
What was Santos in trouble for? Didn't pay much attention to his issues.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:02 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:51 pm
Who is George Santos and why is he in trouble?
The 35-year-old lawmaker is facing dozens of federal charges, including wire fraud, aggravated identity theft and conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States.

An admitted "terrible liar", Mr Santos has been dogged by allegations of falsehoods and fraud throughout his brief career on Capitol Hill.

A non-existent real estate portfolio, fraudulent claims of college degrees and confusion over whether he's Jewish - or merely "Jew-ish" - were just some of the controversies the New York Republican faced before he was even sworn into office. He even reportedly claimed to donors that he helped produce the infamous Spider-Man musical on Broadway - he didn't.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:08 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:02 pm

Who is George Santos and why is he in trouble?
The 35-year-old lawmaker is facing dozens of federal charges, including wire fraud, aggravated identity theft and conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States.

An admitted "terrible liar", Mr Santos has been dogged by allegations of falsehoods and fraud throughout his brief career on Capitol Hill.

A non-existent real estate portfolio, fraudulent claims of college degrees and confusion over whether he's Jewish - or merely "Jew-ish" - were just some of the controversies the New York Republican faced before he was even sworn into office. He even reportedly claimed to donors that he helped produce the infamous Spider-Man musical on Broadway - he didn't.
:lol: What a train wreck. Oh well, voters got what they wanted. Another shot at the Mitt Romney establishment fakes they better wise up or more weirdos will get voted in.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:10 pm
:lol: What a train wreck. Oh well, voters got what they wanted. Another shot at the Mitt Romney establishment fakes they better wise up or more weirdos will get voted in.
They're all fakes, especially your false god trump.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:10 pm

:rofl: That hurt ma'am. I don't think I want to drive you or your luggage to the airport.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 pm
:rofl: That hurt ma'am. I don't think I want to drive you or your luggage to the airport.
You're just jealous that Romney is/was a better businessman then trump. :coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Donks will hold on to the Virginia Senate and possibly pick up a seat.

Currently, it's a 90% chance they'll also win back the Virginia House.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

KY reelects Beshear

Ohio enshrines abortion into state constitution
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:37 am KY reelects Beshear

Will there be even an attempt by moderate Republicans to take back their party?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:37 am KY reelects Beshear

And weed! :lol:

This is proof that the lunatic fringe isn't anywhere near the size of the noise they make - and also a preview of the national election next year - the wackadoodlian wing will make a big noise all year and then underperform in the election. Should have left Roe v Wade alone..... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:53 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:59 pm
1 trigger squeeze = 1 round

I said over 100 million gun owmers. The below says atleast 80+ million gun owners.
https://americangunfacts.com/gun-ownership-statistics/
Even going with that lower # and excluding revolvers, semi auto shotguns, and .22s and smaller (like .17), the majority of those 80 million gun owners own firearms (semi auto handguns, MSRs, milsurps (hello Garands) etc), that would fall under your idiotiic scheme.

BATF only processes a few hundred thousand NFA Class 3 a years where applicants have to wait months. Despite your idiotic claim to the contrary, no ATF couldn’t handle having to process 60-70 million at once.

Even if ATF could do it (they couldn’t) tens of millions wouldn’t comply.

Unconstitutionally limiting to 5 rounds while imposing an undue burden (its a application packet with $200 fee and months long wait). ZERO % chance of being allowed by this court. (See Heller and Bruen)

You don’t like semi auto weapons that hold more than 5 rounds, then don’t buy one. 99.9% of Americans who own them don’t committ crimes with them, and there’s no reason those folks shouldn’t be allowed to own them without an undue burden.

Amend the Constitution or STFU.
Irrelevant to the Constsitutioness of the proposal. There will be an amnesty period while you get your shit in order and your background checked.

Its each individuals choice whether they want to get legal or use the buyback program or ignore the law. If you can't do the time....

There is nothing unconstitutional about it -if there were every duck hunter in the nation would be a victim of the oppressor :lol: :coffee:
You’re clearly delusional, and clearly haven’t read the text of Bruen, if you think this SCOTUS wouldn’t rule your scheme unconstitutional. :nod:

Besides the fact, tens of millions of gun owners would give the middle finger to your leftist, hairbrained proposal of wah wah wah most guns carry too many bullets for my leftist sensitivities,

But go ahead and continue to look like an idiot by continuing to insist on a scheme that has a ZERO % chance politically, through the courts, or practically, of happening. :dunce:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:59 pm
1 trigger squeeze = 1 round

I said over 100 million gun owmers. The below says atleast 80+ million gun owners.
https://americangunfacts.com/gun-ownership-statistics/
Even going with that lower # and excluding revolvers, semi auto shotguns, and .22s and smaller (like .17), the majority of those 80 million gun owners own firearms (semi auto handguns, MSRs, milsurps (hello Garands) etc), that would fall under your idiotiic scheme.

BATF only processes a few hundred thousand NFA Class 3 a years where applicants have to wait months. Despite your idiotic claim to the contrary, no ATF couldn’t handle having to process 60-70 million at once.

Even if ATF could do it (they couldn’t) tens of millions wouldn’t comply.

Unconstitutionally limiting to 5 rounds while imposing an undue burden (its a application packet with $200 fee and months long wait). ZERO % chance of being allowed by this court. (See Heller and Bruen)

You don’t like semi auto weapons that hold more than 5 rounds, then don’t buy one. 99.9% of Americans who own them don’t committ crimes with them, and there’s no reason those folks shouldn’t be allowed to own them without an undue burden.

Amend the Constitution or STFU.
Irrelevant to the Constsitutioness of the proposal. There will be an amnesty period while you get your shit in order and your background checked.

Its each individuals choice whether they want to get legal or use the buyback program or ignore the law. If you can't do the time....

There is nothing unconstitutional about it -if there were every duck hunter in the nation would be a victim of the oppressor :lol: :coffee:
Posting the exact same post twice just makes you look like twice the idiot. :dunce: :lol:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:rofl:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:47 pm

Tens of millions of gun owners would give the middle finger to your leftist, hairbrained proposal of wah wah wah most guns carry too many bullets for my leftist sensitivities, and not a damn thing the govt could do about it. :nod:

But go ahead and continue to look like an idiot by continuing to insist on a scheme that has ZERO % politically, through the courts, or practically, of happening. :dunce:
You keep deflecting from the fact that there is nothing unconstitutional about it. :coffee:

Ah do declare that our resident karen seems to have taken the vapors....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:59 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:47 pm
Tens of millions of gun owners would give the middle finger to your leftist, hairbrained proposal of wah wah wah most guns carry too many bullets for my leftist sensitivities, and not a damn thing the govt could do about it. :nod:

But go ahead and continue to look like an idiot by continuing to insist on a scheme that has ZERO % politically, through the courts, or practically, of happening. :dunce:
You keep deflecting from the fact that there is nothing unconstitutional about it. :coffee:

You’re clearly delusional, and clearly haven’t read the text of Bruen, if you think this SCOTUS wouldn’t rule your scheme unconstitutional. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:05 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:59 pm

Why didn't they rule it uncontstitutional in the case of machine guns - why don't they do it now?

You got nuthin. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:09 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:05 pm
Why didn't they rule it uncontstitutional in the case of machine guns - why don't they do it now?

Still stuck on stupid by keeping on opining for something that has ZERO % of happening. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:09 pm

Still stuck on stupid by keeping on opining for something that has ZERO % of happening. :nod:
...already happened bro, done been did...and what's done been did can be redid :thumb: