Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:24 am Speaking of war crimes...

Given the Russian's deliberate attacks on civilians I'd be very surprised if the Ukrainians are taking any prisoners at all. You can't break into somebody's house and expect them to play nice, right? Surely you've been alive long enough to understand that?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Little slip of the tongue from the President of the EU Commission. Good thing the internets scrubbed the vid before someone heard it.

Bakhmut seems to be where all the action is. Rumors of various offensives by either side. Should be an interesting winter.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:23 pm Little slip of the tongue from the President of the EU Commission. Good thing the internets scrubbed the vid before someone heard it.

Bakhmut seems to be where all the action is. Rumors of various offensives by either side. Should be an interesting winter.
Hearing Bakhmut is also a meat grinder for Ukraine. Russians are able to use their artillery and stay out of range. Using their drones and satellites to get real time feedback and correct artillery aim.
Another factor contributing to Ukraine’s horrendous casualties is its lack of air power and effective air defense systems to counter Russian batteries. If Ukrainian troops try to attack a Russian fixed position, their movement by foot or vehicle is unprotected and vulnerable to Russian artillery or combat air.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:23 pm Little slip of the tongue from the President of the EU Commission. Good thing the internets scrubbed the vid before someone heard it.

If there are that many casualties among the Ukranian military there are at least that many dead Russian troops. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Wagner has been bashing their heads in at Bakhmut since the summer. Seems they've finally decided to encircle it instead.

If they take it, I look forward to Seattle and SD celebrating the brilliant military triumph of a small village when they have dismissed Ukraine taking back oblasts and and a capital previously occupied by Russia. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm Wagner has been bashing their heads in at Bakhmut since the summer. Seems they've finally decided to encircle it instead.

If they take it, I look forward to Seattle and SD celebrating the brilliant military triumph of a small village when they have dismissed Ukraine taking back oblasts and and a capital previously occupied by Russia. :lol:
Jelly has now realized that he has yet again been following a false narrative.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:00 pm

If there are that many casualties among the Ukranian military there are at least that many dead Russian troops. :coffee:
Proof of your claim? Are you clerking for Cid?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:30 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:00 pm

The Ukraine has the superior fighters, equipment, and morale. The Russians are running from them and only attacking civilians. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:43 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:30 pm

The Ukraine has the superior fighters, equipment, and morale. The Russians are running from them and only attacking civilians. :coffee:
No. You'll be Reek #2. Silenoz Reek #3, Gannon Fan Reek #4. Spectacularly uninformed.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:28 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm Wagner has been bashing their heads in at Bakhmut since the summer. Seems they've finally decided to encircle it instead.

:nod:

Even NYT had an article with someone quoting high Ukrainian casualties. Reports are that Russia is outshooting the Ukrainians on a 10-1 ratio in artillery alone. Also heard the amount of ammunition Ukraine went through during the peak summer months of action in a day is roughly what US was going through in 2 months in Afghanistan and NATO countries are running low on available munitions to send to Ukraine. Looking like attrition is catching up after all. For everyone's sake, I sure how a diplomatic solution is found soon.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:03 pm No. You'll be Reek #2. Silenoz Reek #3, Gannon Fan Reek #4. Spectacularly uninformed.
Oh this is rich. Quoting it for posterity.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:28 pm

Even NYT had an article with someone quoting high Ukrainian casualties. Reports are that Russia is outshooting the Ukrainians on a 10-1 ratio in artillery alone. Also heard the amount of ammunition Ukraine went through during the peak summer months of action in a day is roughly what US was going through in 2 months in Afghanistan and NATO countries are running low on available munitions to send to Ukraine. Looking like attrition is catching up after all. For everyone's sake, I sure how a diplomatic solution is found soon.
Most of it at civilians. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:43 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:17 pm

Uh huh.

https://militarymonitoring.com/apartmen ... e-systems/
The missile that hit an apartment block in Kiev today was a US-made AIM-120C launched from one of the newly arrived NASMAS air defense systems, donated to Ukraine in the last months. Local people shared on social media photos of the wreckage of the missile. Even though Ukraine blamed Russia for the strike, it turns out the missile was not Russian but American and was fired by Ukrainian troops
Remember Poland? How Zelensky wanted to start WWIII. Remember how Zelensky shut down all media so they promote their narrative?

Just keep believing.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:21 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:03 pm No. You'll be Reek #2. Silenoz Reek #3, Gannon Fan Reek #4. Spectacularly uninformed.
Huh. Sounds exactly as I explained it. Russian artillery is simply too much for Ukraine.

https://apdirect.in/ukraine-live-inside ... 27936.html
The Ukrainian commander of the Svoboda battalion, Petro Kuzyk, whose unit is one of those holding Bakhmut said his soldiers are staying in trenches full of corpses, fighting in extremely cold conditions and in knee-deep water against Russia's attacks.
Some units could not withstand this artillery onslaught and retreated.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Oh I'm sure you conveniently ignored what he also said about the Russian losses in Bakhmut:

https://news.yahoo.com/continuous-assau ... 00309.html

They are colossal. They don't even count bodies. The fields, the woods in front of the positions are all littered with corpses. I watched them: they dragged their people back to bury them, take off their warm sweaters, and start to put it on themselves.

But yes, we're uninformed. Coming from the guy who ironically claimed this campaign was "easy" for Russia.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:09 pm Oh I'm sure you conveniently ignored what he also said about the Russian losses in Bakhmut:

They are colossal. They don't even count bodies. The fields, the woods in front of the positions are all littered with corpses. I watched them: they dragged their people back to bury them, take off their warm sweaters, and start to put it on themselves.

But yes, we're uninformed. Coming from the guy who ironically claimed this campaign was "easy" for Russia.
Thanks for admitting it! It was pretty obvious though when you started posting Telegram channels as your proof.

I also never said it was easy for Russia. I said they didn't give their full effort yet in order to show some restraint. That's what the SMO was about. Did you not know that?

From your same article. Exactly how I described it. But you keep believing the Ukraine commander stood out on the battlefield and saw the Russians stealing warm sweaters off dead bodies. :rofl:
There is still no parity in artillery here near Bakhmut. The Russians have much better armament in terms of artillery. They are thrashing us
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:14 pm
Silenoz wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:09 pm Oh I'm sure you conveniently ignored what he also said about the Russian losses in Bakhmut:

Thanks for admitting it! It was pretty obvious though when you started posting Telegram channels as your proof.

I also never said it was easy for Russia. I said they didn't give their full effort yet in order to show some restraint. That's what the SMO was about. Did you not know that?

From your same article. Exactly how I described it. But you keep believing the Ukraine commander stood out on the battlefield and saw the Russians stealing warm sweaters off dead bodies. :rofl:
There is still no parity in artillery here near Bakhmut. The Russians have much better armament in terms of artillery. They are thrashing us
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:51 am

Uh huh.

The missile that hit an apartment block in Kiev today was a US-made AIM-120C launched from one of the newly arrived NASMAS air defense systems, donated to Ukraine in the last months. Local people shared on social media photos of the wreckage of the missile. Even though Ukraine blamed Russia for the strike, it turns out the missile was not Russian but American and was fired by Ukrainian troops
Remember Poland? How Zelensky wanted to start WWIII. Remember how Zelensky shut down all media so they promote their narrative?

Just keep believing.
:silly: :loko:

...:tiptoe:

.....but think of the bank we'll make, nobody wants to go to war with cheap Russian shit any more..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:01 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:21 am
Huh. Sounds exactly as I explained it. Russian artillery is simply too much for Ukraine.

https://apdirect.in/ukraine-live-inside ... 27936.html
The Ukrainian commander of the Svoboda battalion, Petro Kuzyk, whose unit is one of those holding Bakhmut said his soldiers are staying in trenches full of corpses, fighting in extremely cold conditions and in knee-deep water against Russia's attacks.
Some units could not withstand this artillery onslaught and retreated.
I guess Putin decided to quit pussyfooting around. :coffee:

:rofl: \

Stand with our new NATO brothers against the evil of communism and the mad dwarf Vladimir, comrade SG.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Uh huh.

Just keep believing.
Aside from all the artillery shellings of civilian areas in the Donbas prior to the invasion by the Ukrainians, how many of these Ukrainian civilian deaths were from air defense missiles/rockets missing their mark and coming down on their own civilians? Makes you wonder.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:24 pm

Uh huh.

Just keep believing.
Aside from all the artillery shellings of civilian areas in the Donbas prior to the invasion by the Ukrainians, how many of these Ukrainian civilian deaths were from air defense missiles/rockets missing their mark and coming down on their own civilians? Makes you wonder.
Well documented the Ukrainians set up defenses in civilian areas.

Houndy will now come into the discussion and move the goalposts and say it's okay to do that now, after denying as long as he could.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:20 pm

Uh huh.

Just keep believing.

.....but think of the bank we'll make, nobody wants to go to war with cheap Russian shit any more..
I have no clue what people want to go to war with, but Russia has shown they have the industrial capacity to support their troops with weaponry that while not as advanced, works. And the West, not so much.

This is a huge wake up call for the US.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:09 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:20 pm

I have no clue what people want to go to war with, but Russia has shown they have the industrial capacity to support their troops with weaponry that while not as advanced, works. And the West, not so much.

The west lacks the industrial capacity to support troops with weaponry that works but Russia does?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:09 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:09 am

The west lacks the industrial capacity to support troops with weaponry that works but Russia does?
Yes. Look at the rate of artillery and missiles Russia has and still is producing.

I don't know if Russia has always been manufacturing their weaponry at this pace, but the US isn't any where near having the same capacity right now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:53 am
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:09 am

Yes. Look at the rate of artillery and missiles Russia has and still is producing.

I don't know if Russia has always been manufacturing their weaponry at this pace, but the US isn't any where near having the same capacity right now.
What are the rates they’re using and producing?