Welcome To Hell, Elon

Political discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:42 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:25 am
:rofl:

Elon gets billions in subsidies from the gubmint :coffee:
Well that’s where the money is….so you can then spend $44 billion, lose May if your largest advertisers, engage with everyone you don’t like, while satisfying the alt right cuck boys, all in order to stroke your gigantic ego.

Clever.
Image

kalm and houndawg when it comes to understanding people, ambition, and innovation.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17252
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:42 am

Well that’s where the money is….so you can then spend $44 billion, lose May if your largest advertisers, engage with everyone you don’t like, while satisfying the alt right cuck boys, all in order to stroke your gigantic ego.

Clever.
Image

kalm and houndawg when it comes to understanding people, ambition, and innovation.
They took "the Nazi's went underground" very literally in their pursuit of fascism. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 45494
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:37 am
houndawg wrote:
Nonsense - the genie is out of the bottle no matter what Elon does. Which hopefully will be captaining the first rocket to Mars. :thumb:
If Socialists such as yourself had their way, Elon never would have made Tesla what it is today. Yes, the genie is out of the bottle but what future enhancements will society lose out on if we become a socialist nation?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL - without socialism, Tesla would have been bankrupt years ago.
:thumb:
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:15 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am
Image

kalm and houndawg when it comes to understanding people, ambition, and innovation.
They took "the Nazi's went underground" very literally in their pursuit of fascism. :rofl:
:rofl: Huffpo must have reported that trump has a secret underground lair (kind of like Cobra Commander) and kalm is bound and determined to find it. kalm and Houndie are the new GI Joes protecting us from fascism.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:37 am
If Socialists such as yourself had their way, Elon never would have made Tesla what it is today. Yes, the genie is out of the bottle but what future enhancements will society lose out on if we become a socialist nation?
LOL - without socialism, Tesla would have been bankrupt years ago.
Socialism is not the government encouraging private enterprise.

Socialism is the government controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange. It doesn't work on a large scale and leads to bloated bureaucracies, shortages and misery. But heh, we'll all be equal. Equally miserable. Except for the ambitious people who succeed in government, produce nothing of value and are rewarded with lavish lifestyles compared to 99% of the population.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 45494
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am
dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 am

LOL - without socialism, Tesla would have been bankrupt years ago.
Socialism is not the government encouraging private enterprise.

Socialism is the government controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange. It doesn't work on a large scale and leads to bloated bureaucracies, shortages and misery. But heh, we'll all be equal. Equally miserable. Except for the ambitious people who succeed in government, produce nothing of value and are rewarded with lavish lifestyles compared to 99% of the population.
What Americans are advocating for the government controlling the production, etc?
:thumb:
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17252
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am

Socialism is not the government encouraging private enterprise.

Socialism is the government controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange. It doesn't work on a large scale and leads to bloated bureaucracies, shortages and misery. But heh, we'll all be equal. Equally miserable. Except for the ambitious people who succeed in government, produce nothing of value and are rewarded with lavish lifestyles compared to 99% of the population.
What Americans are advocating for the government controlling the production, etc?
Just houndy. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am
Socialism is not the government encouraging private enterprise.

Socialism is the government controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange. It doesn't work on a large scale and leads to bloated bureaucracies, shortages and misery. But heh, we'll all be equal. Equally miserable. Except for the ambitious people who succeed in government, produce nothing of value and are rewarded with lavish lifestyles compared to 99% of the population.
What Americans are advocating for the government controlling the production, etc?
AOChe, Bernie, kalm, HoundDiggityDawg, etc.

And more importantly, it isn't just about the USA moving to a full socialist model. It's about giving government more and more control over our lives and economy while reducing the incentive to take risks and build businesses. It's that incentive that leads to the innovation and advancement that improves our society. The government has a role to play (common sense protection of the environment, funding research, etc.) but shackling the innovators is a short-sighted move the people like AOChe, Bernie, Warren, etc. don't have enough common sense to understand.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 45494
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:10 pm
dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:54 pm

What Americans are advocating for the government controlling the production, etc?
AOChe, Bernie, kalm, HoundDiggityDawg, etc.

And more importantly, it isn't just about the USA moving to a full socialist model. It's about giving government more and more control over our lives and economy while reducing the incentive to take risks and build businesses. It's that incentive that leads to the innovation and advancement that improves our society. The government has a role to play (common sense protection of the environment, funding research, etc.) but shackling the innovators is a short-sighted move the people like AOChe, Bernie, Warren, etc. don't have enough common sense to understand.
Links? I see AOC, Bernie, Warren advocating for European style Democratic Socialism, which is still very capitalistic.

The US has been Privatizing profits, and socializing losses for decades - not sure where you have been. Bailouts for many industries, subsidies galore. You will be hard pressed to find any industry that doesn't get billions in subsidies from various levels of government.
:thumb:
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:10 pm

AOChe, Bernie, kalm, HoundDiggityDawg, etc.

And more importantly, it isn't just about the USA moving to a full socialist model. It's about giving government more and more control over our lives and economy while reducing the incentive to take risks and build businesses. It's that incentive that leads to the innovation and advancement that improves our society. The government has a role to play (common sense protection of the environment, funding research, etc.) but shackling the innovators is a short-sighted move the people like AOChe, Bernie, Warren, etc. don't have enough common sense to understand.
Links? I see AOC, Bernie, Warren advocating for European style Democratic Socialism, which is still very capitalistic.

The US has been Privatizing profits, and socializing losses for decades - not sure where you have been. Bailouts for many industries, subsidies galore. You will be hard pressed to find any industry that doesn't get billions in subsidies from various levels of government.
Democratic socialism is not capitalistic. Quoted from the Democratic Socialists of America's old website (good thing I quoted it in an old post because they've changed their website to whitewash the truth about what they want):
Social ownership could take many forms, such as worker-owned cooperatives or publicly owned enterprises managed by workers and consumer representatives. Democratic socialists favor as much decentralization as possible. While the large concentrations of capital in industries such as energy and steel may necessitate some form of state ownership, many consumer-goods industries might be best run as cooperatives.
Getting rid of private enterprise is a form of socialism and is decidedly not capitalistic. The really moronic thing state ownership is about as centralized as you can get.

AOChe is/was a member of the DSA and Bernie Sanders has long described himself as a Democratic Socialist.

So let's demonize people who innovate like Musk, Bezos, etc. while idolizing people who haven't produced anything of value like AOChe, Bernie, Warren, etc.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 25427
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:10 pm AOChe, Bernie, kalm, HoundDiggityDawg, etc.

And more importantly, it isn't just about the USA moving to a full socialist model. It's about giving government more and more control over our lives and economy while reducing the incentive to take risks and build businesses. It's that incentive that leads to the innovation and advancement that improves our society. The government has a role to play (common sense protection of the environment, funding research, etc.) but shackling the innovators is a short-sighted move the people like AOChe, Bernie, Warren, etc. don't have enough common sense to understand.
Links? I see AOC, Bernie, Warren advocating for European style Democratic Socialism, which is still very capitalistic.

The US has been Privatizing profits, and socializing losses for decades - not sure where you have been. Bailouts for many industries, subsidies galore. You will be hard pressed to find any industry that doesn't get billions in subsidies from various levels of government.
Here’s a link, Jon…

https://energynow.com/2022/10/commentar ... erger/?amp

Bernie has been up to these shenanigans since the 1970s but now what used to be a third rail in politics us now mainstream in the Democratic Party. The link above is from this year.

Here is your High Priest from the way-back machine:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/14/poli ... index.html

Socialistic economies are just one small step further than Fascist economies.

How much do you want to bet the Dem progressive caucus signs on to this stuff whole hog? I can provide links to that also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
User avatar
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8502
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:42 am

Well that’s where the money is….so you can then spend $44 billion, lose May if your largest advertisers, engage with everyone you don’t like, while satisfying the alt right cuck boys, all in order to stroke your gigantic ego.

Clever.
Image

kalm and houndawg when it comes to understanding people, ambition, and innovation.
:nod:

Explains so much of their political philosophy. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8502
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:12 pm
dbackjon wrote:
Links? I see AOC, Bernie, Warren advocating for European style Democratic Socialism, which is still very capitalistic.

The US has been Privatizing profits, and socializing losses for decades - not sure where you have been. Bailouts for many industries, subsidies galore. You will be hard pressed to find any industry that doesn't get billions in subsidies from various levels of government.
Here’s a link, Jon…

https://energynow.com/2022/10/commentar ... erger/?amp

Bernie has been up to these shenanigans since the 1970s but now what used to be a third rail in politics us now mainstream in the Democratic Party. The link above is from this year.

Here is your High Priest from the way-back machine:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/14/poli ... index.html

Socialistic economies are just one small step further than Fascist economies.

How much do you want to bet the Dem progressive caucus signs on to this stuff whole hog? I can provide links to that also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your facts will not do much good.

It is all just water under the bridge to them.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17252
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:43 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:12 pm
Here’s a link, Jon…

https://energynow.com/2022/10/commentar ... erger/?amp

Bernie has been up to these shenanigans since the 1970s but now what used to be a third rail in politics us now mainstream in the Democratic Party. The link above is from this year.

Here is your High Priest from the way-back machine:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/14/poli ... index.html

Socialistic economies are just one small step further than Fascist economies.

How much do you want to bet the Dem progressive caucus signs on to this stuff whole hog? I can provide links to that also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your facts will not do much good.

It is all just water under the bridge to them.
Agreed. Once you hear that "privatizing profits, socializing losses" line it's almost the Nazi/fascist equivalent for when an argument jumps the shark and they fall back on that. Some people are still pissed that we let businesses depreciate capital spending over 10 years - they consider that a subsidy or a give-away.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55516
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:51 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:43 pm

Your facts will not do much good.

It is all just water under the bridge to them.
Agreed. Once you hear that "privatizing profits, socializing losses" line it's almost the Nazi/fascist equivalent for when an argument jumps the shark and they fall back on that. Some people are still pissed that we let businesses depreciate capital spending over 10 years - they consider that a subsidy or a give-away.
It’s funny because it’s true but sleep easy my friends…we’re no where close to pure socialism or for that matter pure capitalism. Is there still private industry in socialist hotbeds like Norway or Alaska?

We’ve swung way to the right on privatization, anti-trust, deregulation of certain industries, etc. We can swing back to the middle if we choose to and as the Boomers pass on.
Last edited by kalm on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Image
Image
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55516
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:41 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am

Image

kalm and houndawg when it comes to understanding people, ambition, and innovation.
:nod:

Explains so much of their political philosophy. :coffee:
Strong middle class and it’s massive buying power from homes to tech, to autos. Increase domestic energy production across the board (oil, and renewable), invest in education (trade schools, cc’s, higher Ed), protect and expand strategic industries (Covid and Ukraine should be teaching us this), universal healthcare.

Signed,

Your radical kalmunist
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 45494
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:12 pm
dbackjon wrote:
Links? I see AOC, Bernie, Warren advocating for European style Democratic Socialism, which is still very capitalistic.

The US has been Privatizing profits, and socializing losses for decades - not sure where you have been. Bailouts for many industries, subsidies galore. You will be hard pressed to find any industry that doesn't get billions in subsidies from various levels of government.
Here’s a link, Jon…

https://energynow.com/2022/10/commentar ... erger/?amp

Bernie has been up to these shenanigans since the 1970s but now what used to be a third rail in politics us now mainstream in the Democratic Party. The link above is from this year.

Here is your High Priest from the way-back machine:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/14/poli ... index.html

Socialistic economies are just one small step further than Fascist economies.

How much do you want to bet the Dem progressive caucus signs on to this stuff whole hog? I can provide links to that also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't see any "influential" Democrats in that article - just a few fringe rejected players.

Fascism is closer to Capitalism than Socialism.
:thumb:
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 45494
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:51 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:43 pm

Your facts will not do much good.

It is all just water under the bridge to them.
Agreed. Once you hear that "privatizing profits, socializing losses" line it's almost the Nazi/fascist equivalent for when an argument jumps the shark and they fall back on that. Some people are still pissed that we let businesses depreciate capital spending over 10 years - they consider that a subsidy or a give-away.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Except that privatizing profits, and socializing losses has been the US economic model for decades.

Who is pissed about depreciating capital spending?
:thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20600
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:42 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:25 am

:rofl:

Elon gets billions in subsidies from the gubmint :coffee:
Well that’s where the money is….so you can then spend $44 billion, lose May if your largest advertisers, engage with everyone you don’t like, while satisfying the alt right cuck boys, all in order to stroke your gigantic ego.

Clever.
and if ever things don't go your way there's always the Emerald mine to fall back on and - your step-mom is younger than you and hot :thumb:
Subvert the dominant paradigm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20600
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am
dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 am

LOL - without socialism, Tesla would have been bankrupt years ago.
Socialism is not the government encouraging private enterprise.

Socialism is the government controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange. It doesn't work on a large scale and leads to bloated bureaucracies, shortages and misery. But heh, we'll all be equal. Equally miserable. Except for the ambitious people who succeed in government, produce nothing of value and are rewarded with lavish lifestyles compared to 99% of the population.
That's communism. Big difference. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:13 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:51 am
Agreed. Once you hear that "privatizing profits, socializing losses" line it's almost the Nazi/fascist equivalent for when an argument jumps the shark and they fall back on that. Some people are still pissed that we let businesses depreciate capital spending over 10 years - they consider that a subsidy or a give-away.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Except that privatizing profits, and socializing losses has been the US economic model for decades.

Who is pissed about depreciating capital spending?
Are our tax dollars going to socialize losses or pay for an ever-expanding federal government? I would argue that it's both and we should stop doing both. I was against socializing the losses of GM, Chrysler, Solyndra, and the airlines.

kalmy, please provide some proof rather than your typical socialist conspiracy theory hyperbole that "we’ve swung way to the right on privatization, anti-trust, deregulation". You and trump seem to share the belief that if you say something it makes it true.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16277
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: the foggy, woggy banks Of the Limpopo River

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am
Socialism is not the government encouraging private enterprise.

Socialism is the government controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange. It doesn't work on a large scale and leads to bloated bureaucracies, shortages and misery. But heh, we'll all be equal. Equally miserable. Except for the ambitious people who succeed in government, produce nothing of value and are rewarded with lavish lifestyles compared to 99% of the population.
That's communism. Big difference. :coffee:
:dunce: No, it is isn't.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
User avatar
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8502
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:56 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:41 pm

:nod:

Explains so much of their political philosophy. :coffee:
Strong middle class and it’s massive buying power from homes to tech, to autos. Increase domestic energy production across the board (oil, and renewable), invest in education (trade schools, cc’s, higher Ed), protect and expand strategic industries (Covid and Ukraine should be teaching us this), universal healthcare.

Signed,

Your radical kalmunist
You say that but it is plain from your posts that you neither know what it means to reach it nor maintain it.

Enjoy your mediocrity.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55516
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:47 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:56 pm

Strong middle class and it’s massive buying power from homes to tech, to autos. Increase domestic energy production across the board (oil, and renewable), invest in education (trade schools, cc’s, higher Ed), protect and expand strategic industries (Covid and Ukraine should be teaching us this), universal healthcare.

Signed,

Your radical kalmunist
You say that but it is plain from your posts that you neither know what it means to reach it nor maintain it.

Enjoy your mediocrity.
Oh…well…I apologize. :)

Mediocrity as I think you’re implying is the old bull - young bull standing on a hill story applied to economics.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 25427
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:12 pm Here’s a link, Jon…

https://energynow.com/2022/10/commentar ... erger/?amp

Bernie has been up to these shenanigans since the 1970s but now what used to be a third rail in politics us now mainstream in the Democratic Party. The link above is from this year.

Here is your High Priest from the way-back machine:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/14/poli ... index.html

Socialistic economies are just one small step further than Fascist economies.

How much do you want to bet the Dem progressive caucus signs on to this stuff whole hog? I can provide links to that also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't see any "influential" Democrats in that article - just a few fringe rejected players.

Fascism is closer to Capitalism than Socialism.
I would agree that the progressive caucus, Warren and Bernie are fringe (and extreme) but they most certainly are prominent and they are all proponents of the Green New Deal - a cornerstone of which is nationalization of the entire energy sector - which includes stranding fossil fuel assets through government ownership.

You are gaslighting when you say that nationalization of major industries in the US is not a platform of the progressive left. Every time you do it, I’ll show you another Dem pushing it.

Here’s Auntie Maxine, recently the chair of the House Financial Services Committee (totally fringe):



Would you like more?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Post Reply