Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:51 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
I'm not sure what graft you speak of, regardless it's not relevant to my liking of Trump. Trump exposed Washington for what it is and we all know, a bloated, inefficient bureaucracy that is run by people who don't give two shits about the people. The sad part is Trump didn't have to do much to show change was possible. He at least delivered items he said he would or tried.

How long has DC been locked in this game of all or nothing with guns, abortion and immigration? There's been NO middle ground progress made in how long? They like it that way. Good to agitate the masses and send out emails for campaign donations.

The Uniparty is who Liz Cheney is. John Cornyns just like her. He got screamed and boo'd at in Texas over his support of red flag but still voted for it. You suppose he was voting what the people of Texas wanted?
trump doesn't give a sh!t about anyone but trump either. He exposed the bloated, inefficient bureaucracy because he wanted to replace the existing graft with his own but he's ok?

Cheney helped to continue to expose trump for the narcissistic grifter that he is but she isn't ok?

They're both insiders trying to profit off of the American people but only Cheney has demonstrated a scintilla of scruples.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
What graft? If you're saying he wanted to entrench himself in DC and always get a piece of the pie, I'd agree, but outside that, I have no idea what graft you are referring to.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:51 pm trump doesn't give a sh!t about anyone but trump either. He exposed the bloated, inefficient bureaucracy because he wanted to replace the existing graft with his own but he's ok?

Cheney helped to continue to expose trump for the narcissistic grifter that he is but she isn't ok?

They're both insiders trying to profit off of the American people but only Cheney has demonstrated a scintilla of scruples.

What graft? If you're saying he wanted to entrench himself in DC and always get a piece of the pie, I'd agree, but outside that, I have no idea what graft you are referring to.
Enrich is more appropriate than entrench.

I can't help you if you don't know what graft I'm referring to.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:49 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:51 pm trump doesn't give a sh!t about anyone but trump either. He exposed the bloated, inefficient bureaucracy because he wanted to replace the existing graft with his own but he's ok?

Stuff like ..oh, I don't know....stealing from charities for "homeless veterans" and "children with cancer" ......you know, side hustles :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:53 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

A link to something would help. I've heard such a wide range, I have no idea.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:33 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:53 pm

I guess you'll just have to live out your days without an answer to that mystery...or you could ask about any random person on the street if your curiousity overwhelms you
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:33 am

I guess you'll just have to live out your days without an answer to that mystery...or you could ask about any random person on the street if your curiousity overwhelms you
Well you know, after his collusion with Putin, secret Alpha bank connection and having hookers piss on Obama's old bed, I'd thought he'd have learned his lesson.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:41 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:13 am

Well you know, after his collusion with Putin, secret Alpha bank connection and having hookers piss on Obama's old bed, I'd thought he'd have learned his lesson.
Troll or sincerely low-information?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:45 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:41 am

:lol: I just love how no one can post a serious link to how Trump was implementing graft in DC. Let's see specifics, not generalities thrown out without any backing.

But to answer your question, low information. I don't read about individuals much at all. If you can't tell, I pretty much lump them all together.

Are we talking the emoluments clauses? That's the only thing I've heard about.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:45 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:45 am

:lol: I just love how no one can post a serious link to how Trump was implementing graft in DC. Let's see specifics, not generalities thrown out without any backing.

But to answer your question, low information. I don't read about individuals much at all. If you can't tell, I pretty much lump them all together.

Start with Trump U and stop the steel fundraising.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:02 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:45 am

Me thinks you guys can't provide any links with real substance or bias.

What I have said multiple times is that I was never a fan of Trump before the Presidency because he used his lawyers and money to crush people, but as we all know, that's legal. So I find it highly unlikely Trump was working without a lawyer. Clinton's are the same way. As much as I don't like them, they were smart enough to do work through lawyers.

A perfect example. Remember when Trump was cheating on his taxes? He used that "loophole" to only pay small amounts of taxes? We'll, the "loophole" was something that was passed under Obama while Dems controlled the House and Senate. But Trump cheated!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:10 am

What I have said multiple times is that I was never a fan of Trump before the Presidency because he used his lawyers and money to crush people, but as we all know, that's legal. So I find it highly unlikely Trump was working without a lawyer. Clinton's are the same way. As much as I don't like them, they were smart enough to do work through lawyers.

A perfect example. Remember when Trump was cheating on his taxes? He used that "loop hole" to only pay small amounts of taxes? We'll, the "loophole" was something that was passed under Obama while Dems controlled the House and Senate. But Trump cheated!
Troll then.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:45 am Troll or sincerely low-information?
Image I just love how no one can post a serious link to how Trump was implementing graft in DC. Let's see specifics, not generalities thrown out without any backing.

Did you accept that Ukraine and the Azov Battalion had Nazis based on generalities?

Trump's history as a grifter tells me there is graft. Charging the Secret Service rack rates to stay in your hotels while protecting you (and after making a big deal of reducing your pay) tells me there is graft. Kushner's deal with the Saudis tells me there was graft. Trump is just as corrupt as Hillary.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 am
SeattleGriz wrote:
Image I just love how no one can post a serious link to how Trump was implementing graft in DC. Let's see specifics, not generalities thrown out without any backing.

Did you accept that Ukraine and the Azov Battalion had Nazis based on generalities?

Trump's history as a grifter tells me there is graft. Charging the Secret Service rack rates to stay in your hotels while protecting you (and after making a big deal of reducing your pay) tells me there is graft. Kushner's deal with the Saudis tells me there was graft. Trump is just as corrupt as Hillary.

Secret service golf cart rentals. I did the math. It’s obvious.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 am
SeattleGriz wrote:

I had no clue Azov had Nazis until I started to read all the past articles from publications like the NYT, WaPo and the Atlantic. Of course once the war started, those articles got memory holed.

As the US media is running blackouts on anything that goes against the narrative, I've had to resort to European media with a direct focus on those that have actual reporters on the ground AND they actually speak Russian or Ukrainian.

The Donbas has been attacked for the last eight years by those who dislike Russia and would be considered white nationalists. As we are hearing now, the most capable of Ukrainian forces were in the Donbas area.

In regards to Hillary/Trump, as I've stated, they both were smart enough to do everything through lawyers and thus insulated themselves. We may not like it, nor would we get the same treatment, but it's legal.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 am Did you accept that Ukraine and the Azov Battalion had Nazis based on generalities?

trump's history as a grifter tells me there is graft. Charging the Secret Service rack rates to stay in your hotels while protecting you (and after making a big deal of reducing your pay) tells me there is graft. Kushner's deal with the Saudis tells me there was graft. trump is just as corrupt as Hillary.

I had no clue Azov had Nazis until I started to read all the past articles from publications like the NYT, WaPo and the Atlantic. Of course once the war started, those articles got memory holed.

As the US media is running blackouts on anything that goes against the narrative, I've had to resort to European media with a direct focus on those that have actual reporters on the ground AND they actually speak Russian or Ukrainian.

The Donbas has been attacked for the last eight years by those who dislike Russia and would be considered white nationalists. As we are hearing now, the most capable of Ukrainian forces were in the Donbas area.

In regards to Hillary/trump, as I've stated, they both were smart enough to do everything through lawyers and thus insulated themselves. We may not like it, nor would we get the same treatment, but it's legal.
Legal graft is still graft.

Just because trump got away with stiffing sub-contractors doesn't make it right.

He and his progeny are entitled scumbags just like Hillary, Hunter, etc.

Too bad the supposed Christians who support trump don't hold him to the same standards they like to hold others.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:53 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 am Did you accept that Ukraine and the Azov Battalion had Nazis based on generalities?

In regards to Hillary/Trump, as I've stated, they both were smart enough to do everything through lawyers and thus insulated themselves. We may not like it, nor would we get the same treatment, but it's legal.
Many nefarious things can be made legal. Aka as corruption.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:46 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:53 am

Agreed, and us commoners don't get to play. My favorite example of "corruption" is that of Cindy McCain. I was living in Phoenix at the time and got to read about her a good bit. Essentially she abused her doctor charity to shop for pain killers. Only when she got busted did she come out and say she had a problem. All the gushing reviews of how strong and brave she was for admitting she broke the law. She was lauded all the while attacking the whistleblower.

Contrast that to the girl who's down on her luck, in an abusive relationship and got addicted. She's labeled a low life degenerate and probably loses her kids and does jail time.

If there is one thing I stand for, it's that everyone play by the same rules.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:49 am

Agreed, and us commoners don't get to play. My favorite example of "corruption" is that of Cindy McCain. I was living in Phoenix at the time and got to read about her a good bit. Essentially she abused her doctor charity to shop for pain killers. Only when she got busted did she come out and say she had a problem. All the gushing reviews of how strong and brave she was for admitting she broke the law. She was lauded all the while attacking the whistleblower.

Contrast that to the girl who's down on her luck, in an abusive relationship and got addicted. She's labeled a low life degenerate and probably loses her kids and does jail time.

Your best post in awhile. :thumb:

Sounds almost leftist. :)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

A perfect example. Remember when Trump was cheating on his taxes? He used that "loophole" to only pay small amounts of taxes? We'll, the "loophole" was something that was passed under Obama while Dems controlled the House and Senate. But Trump cheated!
I'm too busy to help you through life right now, but if you'll compile a list of sources and explain why each is wrong we can go over it later. :thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Welcome into the light, comrade :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 am
SeattleGriz wrote:

In regards to Hillary/trump, as I've stated, they both were smart enough to do everything through lawyers and thus insulated themselves. We may not like it, nor would we get the same treatment, but it's legal.

Just because trump got away with stiffing sub-contractors doesn't make it right.

Too bad the supposed Christians who support trump don't hold him to the same standards they like to hold others.

:lol: Now that is an interesting topic. Always said that the worst thing for Christianity is Christians themselves. Good thing in the end it's about grace and not works.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:33 am

I'm too busy to help you through life right now, but if you'll compile a list of sources and explain why each is wrong we can go over it later. :thumb:
I know you. I'll just save some time now and tell you, "you're wrong". :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:27 am

Your best post in awhile. :thumb:

Sounds almost leftist. :)
Well then, you're going to love this. Was telling my wife that I think I finally understand the "Soros" DA's and why they let those who commit crimes off easy. Trying to balance out the equation. If the influential get off easy, why not everyone else?

Although, I would rather see the law applied consistently as opposed to letting people skate on breaking the law. Prosecute the privileged the same way everyone else is treated. Jeffrey Epstein clients, anyone?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Lock em up!!!

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:36 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 am

:lol: Now that is an interesting topic. Always said that the worst thing for Christianity is Christians themselves. Good thing in the end it's about grace and not works.
You have to be pretty lazy mentally to swallow the superstitions of ancient goat-herders without question. And in the end it isn't about grace, its mostly about the Second Law of Termodynamics.