Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 am
Baldy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 am
Simple question.
If it's being blown out of proportion so much, why are the advocates for it pushing back so hard?

No.

For the 40 11th time, CRT isn't history.

I feel much worse about our so-called leaders in more recent and relevant years intentionally creating a multi-generational welfare dependent class. It's the 20th century version of American slavery. That's what should really piss you off.
That last line plants you squarely beside the marxists. :lol:

Advocates pushing back is human behavior that both sides obviously are guilty of. ‘Those guys don’t like it? Fuck that, it must be right!!!!’

CRT is a version of history. Whether it’s correct or whether you and I agree with it or not.

You’re denial of the South is part of the reason CRT has been pushed.
*Your.

As usual you're not making any sense.

"CRT is a version of history"...whether it's correct or not. What the hell does that mean?
Was JFK assassinated while traveling in a motorcade in Dallas? Is there another version we need to understand?
Did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor, or is there another version out there we need to know?
History is the teaching of facts and events that happened in the past. You can't have different versions of a fact.

Kimberle Crenshaw, one of the co-founders of CRT, just recently stated that our kids need to be taught to “understand the ground upon which we stand is ground that’s soaked in blood of theft.”

That isn't history, that's Goebbels level propaganda. People like you don't see through it, but gladly drink it up.

Again, more recent and relevant times here, klam. I don't know what you were taught in your homogeneous enclave of white schools in the PNW, but teaching that secession was a noble and heroic cause was not a part of the curriculum in my extremely diverse schools in the South.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Last edited by Baldy on Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:33 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 am

Ah…another neo-Marxist! Excellent! The plan is working! :lol:

Btw…aside from the anecdotal examples documented in tweets, what exactly IS being taught? I mean CRT in its entirety as a curriculum? How does it vary from real history?

Sincere question….
There are at least two elements that I'm seeing with CRT. One, the idea that the US is an inherently racist nation. That is a theory of history, one that I disagree with and one that definitely isn't proven enough to be taught below the HS Honors level and probably college-level Two, the idea that whites are oppressors and POC and others are victims. That is absolutely not history.

Slavery happened. The 3/5's compromise happened. Racism happened and is still happening. History should be taught but it should focus on facts, not opinions or unproven theories.

Another thing about CRT that pisses me off is that it doesn't acknowledge the progress we've made and continue to make. Things are better and they continue to get better. We could do even better but we are definitely not locked into the oppressor and victim roles with CRT the only way out.
I agree. But show me easily verifiable examples of exactly what’s being taught.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:42 am

Advocates pushing back is human behavior that both sides obviously are guilty of. ‘Those guys don’t like it? Fuck that, it must be right!!!!’

CRT is a version of history. Whether it’s correct or whether you and I agree with it or not.

*Your.

"CRT is a version of history"...whether it's correct or not. What the hell does that mean?
Was JFK assassinated while traveling in a motorcade in Dallas? Is there another version we need to understand?
Did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor, or is there another version out there we need to know?
History is the teaching of facts and events that happened in the past. You can't have different versions of a fact.

Kimberle Crenshaw, one of the co-founders of CRT, just recently stated that our kids need to be taught to “understand the ground upon which we stand is ground that’s soaked in blood of theft.”

That isn't history, that's Goebbels level propaganda. People like you don't see through it, but gladly drink it up.

Again, more recent and relevant times here, klam. I don't know what you were taught in your homogeneous enclave of white schools in the PNW, but teaching that secession was a noble and heroic cause was not a part of the curriculum in my extremely diverse schools in the South.
Yer proving my point while projecting. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 am
There are at least two elements that I'm seeing with CRT. One, the idea that the US is an inherently racist nation. That is a theory of history, one that I disagree with and one that definitely isn't proven enough to be taught below the HS Honors level and probably college-level Two, the idea that whites are oppressors and POC and others are victims. That is absolutely not history.

Slavery happened. The 3/5's compromise happened. Racism happened and is still happening. History should be taught but it should focus on facts, not opinions or unproven theories.

Another thing about CRT that pisses me off is that it doesn't acknowledge the progress we've made and continue to make. Things are better and they continue to get better. We could do even better but we are definitely not locked into the oppressor and victim roles with CRT the only way out.
See Privilege Bingo above for one verifiable example.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am

It's like trying to talk to a wooden pole, isn't it?

Amazing the hills this guy chooses to die on.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

*Your.

IMO "the ground upon which we stand is ground that’s soaked in blood of theft" is a true statement. That's because all ground is "ground that’s soaked in blood of theft." Conquest, imperialism, and slavery are a part of history and not unique to whites of European descent. China and Xinjiang is a recent example.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:06 am
*Your.

Yer proving my point while projecting. :lol:
The only point you have is the one on the top of your head.

Pointy headed fellers can usually make a halfway intelligent argument tho.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Is the CRT Bingo too “obtuse” for you? Too “nuanced”? :rofl: :rofl: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

It is interesting the modern twist put on the 3/5 compromise. It was insisted upon by the free northern states, not the supporters of slavery in the southern states who wanted slaves counted as a whole person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Critical Race Theory

Post by LeadBolt »

Much of the theory behind CRT rests upon made up facts in the 1619 Project, some of which would require time travel by George Washington.
The NYT has disgraced its reputation by not vetting the facts and timeline in the 1619 fiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 am CRT is a version of history.
It's clear you don't understand what CRT is and why people are vehemently against it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 am I agree. But show me easily verifiable examples of exactly what’s being taught.
And there you go again. :lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:35 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 am CRT is a version of history.
It's clear you don't understand what CRT is and why people are vehemently against it.
Show me what it is from a legit news source or using CRT’s own curriculum standards. Also include the extent to which its being taught.

I honestly may have missed these in the thread.

Shouldn’t be hard.

And yes…I’ve read the NBC local coverage of the bingo. If that one article and an opinion piece are enough for you to consider it the pandemic of misinformation it’s portrayed to be then god bless. :thumb:
Last edited by kalm on Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:40 am

Show me what it is from a legit news source or using CRT’s own curriculum standards. Also include the extent to which its being taught.

Shouldn’t be hard.
Troll
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:41 am

Shouldn’t be hard.
Troll
I don’t think you’re a troll. I think you just might have been duped by a fever pitch of propaganda. Don’t be so hard on yourself.

I admit I could be wrong though. Just deliver the goods in non-tweet form and I’ll admit it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:45 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:41 am
Troll
I don’t think you’re a troll. I think you just might have been duped by a fever pitch of propaganda. Don’t be so hard on yourself.

I admit I could be wrong though. Just deliver the goods in non-tweet form and I’ll admit it.
Already did. And saying "I admit I could be wrong though" is not the same as admitting you are wrong... which you are in this case.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:45 am

Already did. And saying "I admit I could be wrong though" is not the same as admitting you are wrong... which you are in this case.
Then post a link.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 am

Then post a link.
To what? The bingo game?

Troll
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Shouldn’t be hard.

And yes…I’ve read the NBC local coverage of the bingo. If that one article and an opinion piece are enough for you to consider it the pandemic of misinformation it’s portrayed to be then god bless. :thumb:
So you're saying CRT is just the flu?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 am
Simple question.
If it's being blown out of proportion so much, why are the advocates for it pushing back so hard?

No.

For the 40 11th time, CRT isn't history.

I feel much worse about our so-called leaders in more recent and relevant years intentionally creating a multi-generational welfare dependent class. It's the 20th century version of American slavery. That's what should really piss you off.

:suspicious:

A "version" of history? Sounds like alternative facts. :lol: Isn't it really history in context? An understanding of how racism shaped our country.

Is it even necessary? I mean, we already teach about slavery, how it worked, who benefited and how the laws were stacked against blacks, Native Americans, etc.... That was beat into our heads in school...that and yearly trips to Fort Sumter and the plantations.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Not exactly CRT, but related:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/politics ... index.html

Essentially, Harvard admissions created their own "likeability" and "courage" metrics and Asians didn't score as well on them. So tests of academic ability reflect "white supremacy" even though Asians do better than whites, yet their measurements of likeability and courage are fair and represent real differences between groups.

This is the kind of idiotic contradictions you have to accept in today's doctrine of "anti-racism".
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am
Obviously Privilege Bingo isn't enough so here you go ...

Yes, critical race theory is being taught in public schools
Just this week, the Manhattan Institute’s Christopher Rufo reported that 30 public school districts in 15 states are teaching a book, Not My Idea, that tells readers that “whiteness” leads white people to make deals with the devil for “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.” White people get to “mess endlessly with the lives of your friends, neighbors, loved ones, and all fellow humans of color for the purpose of profit,” the book adds.

There are plenty of other examples that prove racial essentialism and collective guilt are being taught to young students. In Cupertino, California, an elementary school required third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities. Schools in Buffalo, New York, taught students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism” and had kindergarteners watch a video of dead black children, warning them about “racist police and state-sanctioned violence.” And in Arizona, the state’s education department sent out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Deniers of CRT being taught fall into the same group as the Russian Collusion story and Trump winning the 2020 election.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Pwns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:18 am Not exactly CRT, but related:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/politics ... index.html

Essentially, Harvard admissions created their own "likeability" and "courage" metrics and Asians didn't score as well on them. So tests of academic ability reflect "white supremacy" even though Asians do better than whites, yet their measurements of likeability and courage are fair and represent real differences between groups.

This is the kind of idiotic contradictions you have to accept in today's doctrine of "anti-racism".
This is going to be an interesting case. If they do decide against affirmative action, progressives might be reeling from two decisions against their core platform (Roe v. Wade being the other) in under a year. I am curious on which one is going to cause the biggest wailing and gnashing of teeth.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein