Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 38614
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm Calling him Fauxi and saying he's an arrogant putz is defending him?

I'm saying that just because the vaccine didn't work exactly the way they said it would doesn't mean that the vaccine is bad or ineffective which seems to be part of the anti-vax argument.
So I'm anti-vax?

I jumped in when Houndy said "The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus". That was NOT the reason for the vaccine. It is NOT a reason to ask non-vaxed persons to provide proof of a negative test while not demanding the same of vaxed persons. In fact, since vaxed folks are more likely to have lesser symptoms, wouldn't it make more sense for THEM to have to show negative tests?
Image
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13323
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: UNIfication88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm Calling him Fauxi and saying he's an arrogant putz is defending him?

I'm saying that just because the vaccine didn't work exactly the way they said it would doesn't mean that the vaccine is bad or ineffective which seems to be part of the anti-vax argument.
So I'm anti-vax?

I jumped in when Houndy said "The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus". That was NOT the reason for the vaccine. It is NOT a reason to ask non-vaxed persons to provide proof of a negative test while not demanding the same of vaxed persons. In fact, since vaxed folks are more likely to have lesser symptoms, wouldn't it make more sense for THEM to have to show negative tests?
Who cares what Houndy said. He comes by every so often and drops scat on a handful of threads before disappearing.

It's pretty clear based on data so far that the vaccine is effective at significantly reducing the severity of COVID but you want to focus on the vaccine not reducing spread the way people originally thought it would.

Focusing on the negative without acknowledging the positive seems at least a little anti-vax.
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 38614
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:11 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm
So I'm anti-vax?

I jumped in when Houndy said "The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus". That was NOT the reason for the vaccine. It is NOT a reason to ask non-vaxed persons to provide proof of a negative test while not demanding the same of vaxed persons. In fact, since vaxed folks are more likely to have lesser symptoms, wouldn't it make more sense for THEM to have to show negative tests?
Who cares what Houndy said. He comes by every so often and drops scat on a handful of threads before disappearing.

It's pretty clear based on data so far that the vaccine is effective at significantly reducing the severity of COVID but you want to focus on the vaccine not reducing spread the way people originally thought it would.

Focusing on the negative without acknowledging the positive seems at least a little anti-vax.
:lol: If you don't want to discuss what Houndy said, then WTF did you butt in? What I said is 100% true. You can take it how you like.
Image
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13323
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: UNIfication88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:11 pm

Who cares what Houndy said. He comes by every so often and drops scat on a handful of threads before disappearing.

It's pretty clear based on data so far that the vaccine is effective at significantly reducing the severity of COVID but you want to focus on the vaccine not reducing spread the way people originally thought it would.

Focusing on the negative without acknowledging the positive seems at least a little anti-vax.
:lol: If you don't want to discuss what Houndy said, then WTF did you butt in? What I said is 100% true. You can take it how you like.
Let's breakdown Houndy's statement and your reaction:
  • Houndy (according to you, I'm not digging through the thread to confirm) - The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus".
  • 89Hen - That was NOT the reason for the vaccine.
While what Houndy said might not be the original reason for the vaccine it is a valid reason to get vaccinated at this time and according to you, Houndy specifically mentioned "The reason you get vaccinated" not "the reason for the vaccine". Either Houndy is right or you quoted him incorrectly so what you said is NOT 100% true.

There is a lot of hypocrisy and misinformation. Both sides are playing fast and loose with the reasons for and benefits of the vaccine (as well as masks, mandates, etc.).
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 29363
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:47 am

I always read it was to slow the spread and lesson the severity. I don't include what I have heard or read on Social Media. All the vaccines were considered to be less than 100% when approved for emergency use by the FDA.
Always? That would be incorrect. It became 'lessen the severity' once it was clear it wasn't keeping you from getting it. When it came out, Fauci and the CDC were ALL about it stopping the spread, period.

December 2020:


April 2021:


July 2021:
Fauci isn't my Doctor.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 29363
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm Calling him Fauxi and saying he's an arrogant putz is defending him?

I'm saying that just because the vaccine didn't work exactly the way they said it would doesn't mean that the vaccine is bad or ineffective which seems to be part of the anti-vax argument.
So I'm anti-vax?

I jumped in when Houndy said "The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus". That was NOT the reason for the vaccine. It is NOT a reason to ask non-vaxed persons to provide proof of a negative test while not demanding the same of vaxed persons. In fact, since vaxed folks are more likely to have lesser symptoms, wouldn't it make more sense for THEM to have to show negative tests?
Mayo Clinic Webpage

A COVID-19 vaccine might:

Prevent you from getting COVID-19 or from becoming seriously ill or dying due to COVID-19

Prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others

Add to the number of people in the community who are protected from getting COVID-19 — making it harder for the disease to spread and contributing to herd immunity

Prevent the virus that causes COVID-19 from spreading and replicating, which allows it to mutate and possibly become more resistant to vaccines
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17511
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:43 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:38 pm

It falls under the "we can go back to normal once we have a vaccine" narrative that was pushed by the fear porn mongers.
Again, why do you believe what the lefties say, versus anti-vaxxers with the chips in the vaccine, vaccine not tested, vaccine kills, vaccine side effects fear porn. I don't fall for any of the crapola from either side. Talk to your personal MD or second opinion if needed, and make your choice.
Agreed. I looked at the data and it's obvious who the at risk demographics are. Old folks like you should definitely get the jab. Younger folks like me (under 40) fall into the "get it if you want it" category.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17511
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:39 pm

Saw that. Guaranteed money for not working for that guy. Well played.
Perhaps…but poor leadership on his part.
Living by his convictions and principles? I don't know much about him but I'm guessing he has valid reasons for not getting it and it's probably contrary to the "people who aren't getting jabbed are just assholes" narrative.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17511
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:47 am

I always read it was to slow the spread and lesson the severity. I don't include what I have heard or read on Social Media. All the vaccines were considered to be less than 100% when approved for emergency use by the FDA.
Always? That would be incorrect. It became 'lessen the severity' once it was clear it wasn't keeping you from getting it. When it came out, Fauci and the CDC were ALL about it stopping the spread, period.
Some people are trying to memory hole the whole "just shutdown for 2 weeks" goalpost moving that occurred EVERY step of the way.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17511
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:42 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Always? That would be incorrect. It became 'lessen the severity' once it was clear it wasn't keeping you from getting it. When it came out, Fauci and the CDC were ALL about it stopping the spread, period.
Fauxi is an arrogant putz but why is it wrong for his (or anyone else's) position to change over time? It's a virus that we are still learning about, it's natural for new information to change what is believed.
Because the policies implemented due to the wrong approach and false narratives literally cost lives and livelihoods.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17511
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:29 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:13 pm
:lol: If you don't want to discuss what Houndy said, then WTF did you butt in? What I said is 100% true. You can take it how you like.
Let's breakdown Houndy's statement and your reaction:
  • Houndy (according to you, I'm not digging through the thread to confirm) - The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus".
  • 89Hen - That was NOT the reason for the vaccine.
While what Houndy said might not be the original reason for the vaccine it is a valid reason to get vaccinated at this time and according to you, Houndy specifically mentioned "The reason you get vaccinated" not "the reason for the vaccine". Either Houndy is right or you quoted him incorrectly so what you said is NOT 100% true.

There is a lot of hypocrisy and misinformation. Both sides are playing fast and loose with the reasons for and benefits of the vaccine (as well as masks, mandates, etc.).
Defending Houndie now? :lol: :ohno:

He's wrong. There was a legit "can't get back to normal until there is a vax" narrative that was going on. As with every other China Virus policy, the goalposts moved to "hey it reduces symptoms an severity" because the jab doesn't stop the China Virus.
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13323
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: UNIfication88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:29 pm
Let's breakdown Houndy's statement and your reaction:
  • Houndy (according to you, I'm not digging through the thread to confirm) - The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus".
  • 89Hen - That was NOT the reason for the vaccine.
While what Houndy said might not be the original reason for the vaccine it is a valid reason to get vaccinated at this time and according to you, Houndy specifically mentioned "The reason you get vaccinated" not "the reason for the vaccine". Either Houndy is right or you quoted him incorrectly so what you said is NOT 100% true.

There is a lot of hypocrisy and misinformation. Both sides are playing fast and loose with the reasons for and benefits of the vaccine (as well as masks, mandates, etc.).
Defending Houndie now? :lol: :ohno:

He's wrong. There was a legit "can't get back to normal until there is a vax" narrative that was going on. As with every other China Virus policy, the goalposts moved to "hey it reduces symptoms an severity" because the jab doesn't stop the China Virus.
Houndy is like an patient drooling in his pudding cup. He needs all the help he can get.

Yes there was and that was short-sighted and foolish. Adjusting as we go is smart. Being arrogant and just telling people they should do what you say without question or a real explanation is arrogant. Fauxi is obviously arrogant.

The vaccines were supposed to: 1) protect the vaccinated and 2) stop the spread. It's pretty obvious that they aren't working as well as people thought at stopping the spread but they have done a good job at protecting the vaccinated. Focusing almost exclusively on the failure at #2 to question of the efficacy of the vaccines is being intentionally misleading.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18536
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:46 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:37 am

No thats what you think you were told. No vaccine is 100% effective and everybody but you seems to get that. The reason you get vaccinated is to ameliorate your reaction to catching the virus if you do and that is exactly whats happening. Thats why the people clogging the ICUs and using the ventilators are overwhelmingly the unvaccinated. JFC :ohno:
SD is closer to the truth than you are. We were told the reason to get vaccinated was to stop the spread. Why else would different government agencies, businesses and schools put in rules saying unvaxed had to show a negative test to come to work, but vaxed didn't?
By who? :?

We were told that the goal was to prevent hospital ICUs and ventilators from being overrun by covid cases and making them unavailable to non-covid patients in life-threatening situations. On national TV, by Dr. Fauci himself.
Subvert the dominant paradigm
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21597
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm
It's not wrong to change your position when you're wrong. Or lie to get to an ends (N65 masks). It's cool if you still feel the need to defend someone who has been wrong a lot and admitted to lying to the entire nation. :thumb:
The world isn't so black and white. The guy made mistakes but he's allowed an evolving opinion. Aren't we all?
He’s flip flopped, moved the goal posts, been wrong, and flat out lied countless times. A 50 yr DC burecrat who’s an ARROGANT, media attention seeking whore. Trump screwed up by not firing the guy early on..
Cignetti through 3rd season at JMU:
32-4 overall.
26-1 vs FCS regular season.
18-1 vs CAA
6-2 playoffs.
Image
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18536
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:32 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm

Defending Houndie now? :lol: :ohno:

He's wrong. There was a legit "can't get back to normal until there is a vax" narrative that was going on. As with every other China Virus policy, the goalposts moved to "hey it reduces symptoms an severity" because the jab doesn't stop the China Virus.
Houndy is like an patient drooling in his pudding cup. He needs all the help he can get.

Yes there was and that was short-sighted and foolish. Adjusting as we go is smart. Being arrogant and just telling people they should do what you say without question or a real explanation is arrogant. Fauxi is obviously arrogant.

The vaccines were supposed to: 1) protect the vaccinated and 2) stop the spread. It's pretty obvious that they aren't working as well as people thought at stopping the spread but they have done a good job at protecting the vaccinated. Focusing almost exclusively on the failure at #2 to question of the efficacy of the vaccines is being intentionally misleading.
1) The overwhelming majority of covid cases in the ICUs and on ventilators are the unvaccinated. You're letting your personal animus cloud your perception.

2) No vaccine is 100% effective - we've been told that from Day 1. And don't forget the variants, at least three so far, which develop in the petri dish of the unvaccinated.

The evidence is overwhelming that the vaccines do what they are supposed to do.

Its supposed to be "drooling in his porridge". I do get that you need to paraphrase in order to avoid to avoid the embarrassment of using metaphors introduced here by the one to whom your feeble attempt at insult is directed. But still, at the same time-- :ohno:
Subvert the dominant paradigm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18536
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:51 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Fauxi is an arrogant putz but why is it wrong for his (or anyone else's) position to change over time? It's a virus that we are still learning about, it's natural for new information to change what is believed.
Because the policies implemented due to the wrong approach and false narratives literally cost lives and livelihoods.
No shit? Aren't you going to tell us where the medical establishment went wrong and what they should have done? This is the internet after all
Subvert the dominant paradigm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18536
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:23 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 am
Those stats also assume that everybody goes and gets tested when they get sick. I think you could make a pretty good argument that people that are vehemently anti-vax will also be less likely to get tested if and when they get sick. Conversely, the pro-vaccine folks will probably be the first folks to get tested the moment they have any symptoms. That's why case counts have been notoriously unreliable as a measure.
It is not just the vehemently anti-vax that are not getting tested. I know of an entire HS football team that the players all decided that they would not be tested and just stayed home if they felt something coming on. Here at work, people just take sick leave and leave it at that.

The only people (here in Northern Flyover country at least) that are getting tested are: told to be tested, tested due to a job, or worried about it in some manner.
Easy to do when living in a low population density.
Subvert the dominant paradigm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18536
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm

The world isn't so black and white. The guy made mistakes but he's allowed an evolving opinion. Aren't we all?
He’s flip flopped, moved the goal posts, been wrong, and flat out lied countless times. A 50 yr DC burecrat who’s an ARROGANT, media attention seeking whore. Trump screwed up by not firing the guy early on..
Trump was too busy being among the very first to get vaccinated for the Democrat Hoax.

Is that not the cream of the jest right there.....Trump gets vaccinated. Then he tells his crowd to not get vaccinated. His crowd doesn't get vaccinated... :rofl:
Subvert the dominant paradigm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 58996
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm

The world isn't so black and white. The guy made mistakes but he's allowed an evolving opinion. Aren't we all?
He’s flip flopped, moved the goal posts, been wrong, and flat out lied countless times. A 50 yr DC burecrat who’s an ARROGANT, media attention seeking whore. Trump screwed up by not firing the guy early on..
I get all that. Show me any politician in the last 50 years that hasn't made a mistake, lied, flip flopped, moved the goal post, been arrogant or a media whore (that's really rich, btw.)
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51557
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:43 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Houndy is like an patient drooling in his pudding cup. He needs all the help he can get.

Yes there was and that was short-sighted and foolish. Adjusting as we go is smart. Being arrogant and just telling people they should do what you say without question or a real explanation is arrogant. Fauxi is obviously arrogant.

The vaccines were supposed to: 1) protect the vaccinated and 2) stop the spread. It's pretty obvious that they aren't working as well as people thought at stopping the spread but they have done a good job at protecting the vaccinated. Focusing almost exclusively on the failure at #2 to question of the efficacy of the vaccines is being intentionally misleading.
1) The overwhelming majority of covid cases in the ICUs and on ventilators are the unvaccinated. You're letting your personal animus cloud your perception.

2) No vaccine is 100% effective - we've been told that from Day 1. And don't forget the variants, at least three so far, which develop in the petri dish of the unvaccinated.

The evidence is overwhelming that the vaccines do what they are supposed to do.

Its supposed to be "drooling in his porridge". I do get that you need to paraphrase in order to avoid to avoid the embarrassment of using metaphors introduced here by the one to whom your feeble attempt at insult is directed. But still, at the same time-- :ohno:
Also * a
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13323
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: UNIfication88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm
The world isn't so black and white. The guy made mistakes but he's allowed an evolving opinion. Aren't we all?
He’s flip flopped, moved the goal posts, been wrong, and flat out lied countless times. A 50 yr DC burecrat who’s an ARROGANT, media attention seeking whore. Trump screwed up by not firing the guy early on..
Change "50 yr DC burecrat" to "75 y/o corrupt NYC property developer" and you're talking about Trump. They could be twins. Why do you support one and hate the other?
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 38614
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:29 pm Let's breakdown Houndy's statement and your reaction:
  • Houndy (according to you, I'm not digging through the thread to confirm)...
So let's break it down, but not really break it down. Check. :coffee:
Image
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 38614
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:43 am 2) No vaccine is 100% effective - we've been told that from Day 1.
Correct. We were told 95% and led to believe that it was 95% effective on keeping you from getting it, not getting a lesser case of it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the polio vaccine keeps you from getting polio, not getting a lesser case of polio.

STOP LYING HOUND.
Image
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 38614
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:26 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 am
He’s flip flopped, moved the goal posts, been wrong, and flat out lied countless times. A 50 yr DC burecrat who’s an ARROGANT, media attention seeking whore. Trump screwed up by not firing the guy early on..
I get all that. Show me any politician in the last 50 years that hasn't made a mistake, lied, flip flopped, moved the goal post, been arrogant or a media whore (that's really rich, btw.)
So now he's no more than a politician.
Image
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 29363
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:11 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:43 am 2) No vaccine is 100% effective - we've been told that from Day 1.
Correct. We were told 95% and led to believe that it was 95% effective on keeping you from getting it, not getting a lesser case of it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the polio vaccine keeps you from getting polio, not getting a lesser case of polio.

STOP LYING HOUND.
95% was the best case scenario, but less against the Delta Variant and other variants.

J&J was closer to 60%
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Post Reply