Search found 38206 matches

by AZGrizFan
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Eating Their Own
Replies: 136
Views: 2041

Re: Eating Their Own

Populism is an abused term. I know it’s difficult but if you strip away the partisan meanings it’s just a term to describe popular sentiments of the hoi poloi. There are large groups of economically and politically disenchranchised voters on both sides that share some common ground...probably more ...
by AZGrizFan
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:06 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19
Replies: 9929
Views: 332666

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/154123506_10221320369692316_462234043601122462_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=__vkgqoB-CIAX8r1doP&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-1.fna&oh=6657245e020ebc286495fbea8719399f&oe=605C5FD4 Where's 2021 Flu deaths? Because it's...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

89Hen wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Wife and I thought the exact same thing.
He was fresh out of back surgery, no?
Yep. 12/23 he had back surgery....
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 pm

He was on TV on Sunday at the Genesis Open.....he looked blistered at 10:00 in the morning.
Wife and I thought the exact same thing.
Cops are saying he was lucid and clear, no impairment.....hurrying to a taping that he was late for....

We shall see...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm Can’t tell if he rolled DOWN that hill or came off the road below him....
Not a roll as there is no damage to the roof of the vehicle and the sunroof is intact.
While I agree, Initial Police report said it rolled multiple times.
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:38 pm Might be without Tiger. In the hospital after accident. Hope it's minor injuries.
In surgery, critical injuries, jaws of life tells me he’s probably done.
Hearing compound fracture(s) in legs...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

dbackjon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 pm

He was on TV on Sunday at the Genesis Open.....he looked blistered at 10:00 in the morning.
Looks like he moved the drinking up a few hours.
I don’t want to jump to conclusions....

Image
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Chinese Trade War
Replies: 260
Views: 18609

Re: Chinese Trade War

https://www.axios.com/trump-trade-war-china-failure-6111a412-9458-438e-ab2f-a4b7481f89e3.html?utm_source=facebook-keywee&utm_medium=social-pd&utm_campaign=subs-social-pd-fbkw-markets&utm_content=markets-trumpchina-20210201&kwp_0=1872624&kwp_4=5443353&kwp_1=2332175&fbclid...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:14 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Deregulation
Replies: 14
Views: 382

Re: Deregulation

Most of those I agree with her on. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: But please, explain how she (or you) believe a libertarian is more “collectivist” than a Marxist. I’d love to hear THAT logic.... I'll even cite it for you: All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something c...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

Ibanez wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 pm I'd say he's a no show at Masters and his career is likely over. CNN reported that his agent says there leg trauma....that with a 5th back surgery. Yikes. I hope he pulls through.
He was on TV on Sunday at the Genesis Open.....he looked blistered at 10:00 in the morning.
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

Can’t tell if he rolled DOWN that hill or came off the road below him....
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:59 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Psychology of Trump Supporters
Replies: 66
Views: 1493

Re: Psychology of Trump Supporters

Oh...must have missed the memo on facts. I’ll continue with opinions... Trump is not an economic purist Tax cuts and deregulation have unintended consequences. Distrust of Trump is mostly tied to leadership, personality, and disregard for law. Trump was a populist buffoon who occasionally found a n...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Deregulation
Replies: 14
Views: 382

Re: Deregulation

The irony is Ayn Rand hated libertarian movements 'cause those were collectivist things. She respected Marxists more than libertarians 'cause at least they weren't hypocrites (although she herself was one). Her even greater disgust with the actual Libertarian Party - an organized collectivist movem...
by AZGrizFan
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:52 pm
Forum: Other Sports
Topic: Masters Week!!!
Replies: 69
Views: 1617

Re: Masters Week!!!

Tiger doing some day drinking?
by AZGrizFan
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:07 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Psychology of Trump Supporters
Replies: 66
Views: 1493

Re: Psychology of Trump Supporters

Part 2 of the study will be Nature vs. Nurture. And then (emphasis mine) https://steemitimages.com/DQmQK42P4csr8xSSpYpkmW8TRbstDc4eueCtRDB943fMLnj/thought-police.png Valid concern. Ironically, closed mindedness being the hallmark of conservatism and religious fundamentalism. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ye...
by AZGrizFan
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:03 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Psychology of Trump Supporters
Replies: 66
Views: 1493

Re: Psychology of Trump Supporters

This is from 2018 but good: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201812/complete-psychological-analysis-trumps-support?fbclid=IwAR1mvo6q6dQuu-PAOCCZiQhbopoAcPk9zJy5W0QrGsIQmJYKcqeq5XR45Mo Some good quotes: Science has shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear ...
by AZGrizFan
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

don't tell me you don't know history either? :suspicious: :suspicious: I’ve golfed at the Old Works, skied at Discovery Basin, stayed at the Marcus Daly and driven around Walkerville. Does that count? :mrgreen: well then you're more educated than 95% of those Anaconda pukes who blindly pull the D l...
by AZGrizFan
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:56 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: House Releases $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Bill
Replies: 5
Views: 194

Re: House Releases $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Bill

Anyone else surprised that unemployment has remained as low as it has so far? Remember, it's only a measure of those actively looking for work. Labor Force Participation rate has been stuck in the low 61's since COVID hit. Prior to Covid it was 63.6. Unemployment rate is 2X+ what it was pre-COVID. ...
by AZGrizFan
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:43 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

America is already unrecognizable from my youth. In some good ways, in some bad ways. Nobody expects it to stay stagnant. The point you keep missing is that they system has RARELY treated people well (hence my history lesson on Rockefeller, Carnige, the Copper Kings, etc). Nor is government overrre...
by AZGrizFan
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:06 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

Of course you’re not. That’s why you state everything as fact. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey man, when you're old and America is unrecognizable from your youth, don't say I didn't warn you. When the system treats people well, the people will stick with the system. When it doesn't, humanity's natural instin...
by AZGrizFan
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:32 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:30 pm Tap out? Is this a fight or argument? I'm not trying to convince you of anything. This is the internet, rarely does that work.
Of course you’re not. That’s why you state everything as fact. :lol: :lol: :lol:
by AZGrizFan
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:20 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

Nice complete job of ignoring the two logical fallacies in your “argument” (and I use that word VERY loosely). It's fine man, think whatever you want of my arguments. It doesn't change the fact the real-world result has been a march towards socialist policies. If you want to win people over with yo...
by AZGrizFan
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:14 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

There it is, typical...condescend the people, not the ones taking advantage of people. Doesn't matter what I say, won't change your mind, but I'll simply point out America will continue its march towards socialist policies because of the lack of respect towards its workers. It's only natural that t...
by AZGrizFan
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:06 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

Everybody gets that, junior. But you say all that like it was just invented in the last 25 years. THAT has been the way of the US and capitalism for oh, about 250 years. Please cite :kisswink: It hasn't though. When corporations worked for the people (aka. more regulations and taxes), we had unmatc...
by AZGrizFan
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Thank you coal!
Replies: 304
Views: 16952

Re: Thank you coal!

In other words “learn to code”. :coffee: :coffee: :lol: People in the energy sector, especially, should understand their jobs aren't forever. Isn't that basically rule #1 the old timers tell the young guns? It's so odd how capitalists don't understand how capitalism works in tandem with democracy. ...