2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Political discussions
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:53 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:The horror. I'm so offended by that sticky note.
Can't believe she's running for President.


I found it humorous. Is Alexandria the capital of Palestine?

It was no more offensive than CitDawg and the lost causers.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:29 pm

UNI88 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:The horror. I'm so offended by that sticky note.
Can't believe she's running for President.


I found it humorous. Is Alexandria the capital of Palestine?

It was no more offensive than CitDawg and the lost causers.


That’s precisely the kind of photo that Jelly would put in a meme if it was a Republican
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5691
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Pwns » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Tulsi Gabbard is in.

A much less cunning and better-looking Hillary.

She's another anti-trade-agreement candidate by the way. I absolutely can't wait for the first debates when the candidates will (presumably) be asked if they support Trump's trade war.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Julian “don’t call me Fidel” Castro is in.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Ivytalk wrote:Julian “don’t call me Fidel” Castro is in.


He could possibly have some traction if the cards fall correctly. I don't think he is as shrewd as his brother but he is much more genuine than much of the rest of the suspected field


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39349
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Tulsi Gabbard enters and the left immediately eats their own...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost ... 0a5952/amp
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:33 pm

kalm wrote:Tulsi Gabbard enters and the left immediately eats their own...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost ... 0a5952/amp


Ahhh purity movements

She actually brings some interesting things to the table

But she hates gays or is afraid of gays or something

probably has impure, incorrect thoughts to this day

So we won't really get to know her


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 pm

93henfan wrote:I've already said it: Booker/Beto would be a win.

Articulate/bright/clean/nice-looking negro: check
Youth: check
Not obvious socialists: check
Actual political experience: check
Look like Obama and RFK: check


Booker finished himself with the Spartacus moment.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:48 am

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:Tulsi Gabbard enters and the left immediately eats their own...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost ... 0a5952/amp


Ahhh purity movements

She actually brings some interesting things to the table

But she hates gays or is afraid of gays or something

probably has impure, incorrect thoughts to this day

So we won't really get to know her


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to get dback’s perspective on her. :popcorn:
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39349
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Ahhh purity movements

She actually brings some interesting things to the table

But she hates gays or is afraid of gays or something

probably has impure, incorrect thoughts to this day

So we won't really get to know her


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to get dback’s perspective on her. :popcorn:


Me too. Although remember, he’s a bit of a corporatist Dem supporter.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Ahhh purity movements

She actually brings some interesting things to the table

But she hates gays or is afraid of gays or something

probably has impure, incorrect thoughts to this day

So we won't really get to know her


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to get dback’s perspective on her. :popcorn:


If she's the nominee only the (D) will matter

:coffee:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Reason on Gabbard:

http://reason.com/blog/2019/01/11/tulsi ... ident-2020




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39349
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 pm

CID1990 wrote:Reason on Gabbard:

http://reason.com/blog/2019/01/11/tulsi ... ident-2020




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That was a fair piece.

Aside from being “cool” as a surfer and pro weed supporter she is fairly charismatic and has a self confidence about her. Hope she ...makes some waves....?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:18 pm

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Reason on Gabbard:

http://reason.com/blog/2019/01/11/tulsi ... ident-2020




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That was a fair piece.

Aside from being “cool” as a surfer and pro weed supporter she is fairly charismatic and has a self confidence about her. Hope she ...makes some waves....?


She's impure, klam

Don't forget that

By the time the rest of the field gets done with her she'll be the second coming of Trump for Jon and MJ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39349
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
That was a fair piece.

Aside from being “cool” as a surfer and pro weed supporter she is fairly charismatic and has a self confidence about her. Hope she ...makes some waves....?


She's impure, klam

Don't forget that

By the time the rest of the field gets done with her she'll be the second coming of Trump for Jon and MJ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I hear ya and thats unfortunately a possibility.... :ohno:

In some respects, the Republican Party deserves credit for nominating Trump.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:38 pm

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
She's impure, klam

Don't forget that

By the time the rest of the field gets done with her she'll be the second coming of Trump for Jon and MJ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I hear ya and thats unfortunately a possibility.... :ohno:

In some respects, the Republican Party deserves credit for nominating Trump.


Yes, they do - in most respects

But what was the alternative? Throw out the primaries?

Trump, to me, was a rejection of everybody else, more than an endorsement of Trump

Back on point - there's more about Gabbard that I like than things I dislike. Which likely means she's destined for the Jim Webb dustbin of Dem hopefuls


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5691
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Pwns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Tulsi seems like Wesley Clark part 2. She won't be able to win over the Sanders voters.

I might could get behind her, but honestly, I'm always suspicious of good-looking women in politics. You can't watch how Ocasio-Cortez and Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann have been able to rise in politics and not at least have some skepticism of any other woman with her looks has risen on merit.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Pwns wrote:Tulsi seems like Wesley Clark part 2. She won't be able to win over the Sanders voters.

I might could get behind her, but honestly, I'm always suspicious of good-looking women in politics. You can't watch how Ocasio-Cortez and Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann have been able to rise in politics and not at least have some skepticism of any other apparent star.


Right now she's a one trick pony

But it just happens to be the trick I like


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:49 pm

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
That was a fair piece.

Aside from being “cool” as a surfer and pro weed supporter she is fairly charismatic and has a self confidence about her. Hope she ...makes some waves....?


She's impure, klam

Don't forget that

By the time the rest of the field gets done with her she'll be the second coming of Trump for Jon and MJ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon might have a reasoned response. MJ is a joke.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
She's impure, klam

Don't forget that

By the time the rest of the field gets done with her she'll be the second coming of Trump for Jon and MJ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon might have a reasoned response. MJ is a joke.


Actually I was mostly funnin'

If Gabbard were the nominee they'd vote for her

On a side note-
I wonder if someone will suggest that her Hindu doctrine lives loudly in her


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:12 pm

The Dems certainly have worse than her.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3664
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby mainejeff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
She's impure, klam

Don't forget that

By the time the rest of the field gets done with her she'll be the second coming of Trump for Jon and MJ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon might have a reasoned response. MJ is a joke.


And you are a total **** asshole. What's your point?

P.S. - Stop obsessing about me. :roll:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18054
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:32 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Jon might have a reasoned response. MJ is a joke.


And you are a total **** asshole. What's your point?

P.S. - Stop obsessing about me. :roll:


you’re a pitchfork liberal

Change my mind
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Jon might have a reasoned response. MJ is a joke.


And you are a total **** asshole. What's your point?

P.S. - Stop obsessing about me. :roll:


So what do you think of her? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Jon might have a reasoned response. MJ is a joke.


And you are a total **** asshole. What's your point?

P.S. - Stop obsessing about me. :roll:

To “obsess” about someone, requires giving that person a second thought. :coffee:
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grizalltheway, Majestic-12 [Bot], WWII and 46 guests